Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101192 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day3
« Reply #925 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:10 pm »

faust who did you target last night? 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:42 pm »

Voltaire who did you try to cop?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 19, 2014, 04:18:03 am »

I am not convinced we should claim all results immediately.
I'd rather see Faust, Voltaire and Walrus wait.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:19 am »

Eevee was a babysitter, meaning he can protect, but if he is killed then his target is too. Plus any scum who targeted a kill at Eevee should have died.  So if Walrus shot Eevee, and Eevee protected Joth, they would all die. 

But Walrus has "good" in his name.  I think we need to ignore that and lynch Walrus anyway.

I looked up babysitter on mafiascum. I see that Joth would die if eevee died (assuming eevee targeted joth.)
But I do not see how Walrus would die (if he killed eevee). Can you explain that?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 19, 2014, 06:30:19 am »

So, let's put this together:

These are most likely the night actions:

Mafia killed Eevee
Eevee targeted jotheonah
Walrus targeted Eevee
jotheonah targeted X (hopefully not Voltaire)
I targeted Y (not Voltaire)
xeiron targeted Z (not Voltaire, as should be confirmable)
EFHW couldn't target anyone
Archetype targeted Eevee (claimed)

From this, it seems likely that A) Walrus is indeed scum and his targeting was the kill. B) If so, Walrus could have used his second action to target Voltaire. C) If Walrus didn't target Voltaire, either Archetype targeted him or Voltaire is lying.

I think we need Walrus to claim, and to full-claim.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: February 19, 2014, 06:32:05 am »

Eevee was a babysitter, meaning he can protect, but if he is killed then his target is too. Plus any scum who targeted a kill at Eevee should have died.  So if Walrus shot Eevee, and Eevee protected Joth, they would all die. 

But Walrus has "good" in his name.  I think we need to ignore that and lynch Walrus anyway.

I looked up babysitter on mafiascum. I see that Joth would die if eevee died (assuming eevee targeted joth.)
But I do not see how Walrus would die (if he killed eevee). Can you explain that?

"Paranoid Hook Owning" would equal the Paranoid Gun Owner from mafiascum, i.e. any player targeting Eevee dies. ... which of course makes me wonder: why is Archetype still alive?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 19, 2014, 09:54:13 am »

"Paranoid Hook Owning" would equal the Paranoid Gun Owner from mafiascum, i.e. any player targeting Eevee dies. ... which of course makes me wonder: why is Archetype still alive?

Right... Paranoid hook Owning. Missed that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 19, 2014, 10:15:44 am »

I can't believe I didn't see this before.  If paranoid means what it does on mafiascum, then Archetype is lying.  He can't have targeted Eevee without being killed.

But why would scum!Archetype say Eevee targeted Joth?  Maybe because it was probably true, and would therefore be convincing?  He could have said Eevee targeted Walrus, to explain scum!Walrus's death, but two lies means two ways to get caught.

He couldn't say he targeted anyone alive, b/c everyone (except me) has a role that targets someone, and his targeting me would not make sense as a plausible choice.  He could have said he targeted joth, who was probably a psychologist and wouldn't have continuing effects of his targeting to contradict the lie.

I disagree about holding off on N2 results.  I don't see the advantage.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:16 am »

So I expect Walrus to tell us now that he targeted Archetype, who was doctored and therefore didn't die.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:32 am »

faust - According to Voltaire, being killed during the night means you get your new role at day start, so Walrus wouldn't have gotten to use his new power role last night.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:47 am »

And I see now you had the same thought about Archetype.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 19, 2014, 10:29:18 am »

Voltaire who did you try to cop?

I tried to target xeiron.

Can you walk me through why we need to lynch Walrus?

Archetype, can you walk me through why we need to lynch EFHW or myself (or no-lynch)?

I'm going to collect all our claims/actions in one place today unless someone else has already done so. I won't be able to get a handle back on this game until I see that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:49 am »

I can't believe I didn't see this before.  If paranoid means what it does on mafiascum, then Archetype is lying.  He can't have targeted Eevee without being killed.

But why would scum!Archetype say Eevee targeted Joth?  Maybe because it was probably true, and would therefore be convincing?  He could have said Eevee targeted Walrus, to explain scum!Walrus's death, but two lies means two ways to get caught.

He couldn't say he targeted anyone alive, b/c everyone (except me) has a role that targets someone, and his targeting me would not make sense as a plausible choice.  He could have said he targeted joth, who was probably a psychologist and wouldn't have continuing effects of his targeting to contradict the lie.

I disagree about holding off on N2 results.  I don't see the advantage.

Walrus/Archetype scum team, victory then?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 19, 2014, 10:34:30 am »

faust - According to Voltaire, being killed during the night means you get your new role at day start, so Walrus wouldn't have gotten to use his new power role last night.

In my previous post, I meant "second action" as in "action besides his factional kill", not "second action" as in "action from his second role".

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 19, 2014, 10:34:34 am »

Both Eevee and joth have impossible-to-know actions. I see the speculation that Eevee is a PGO and I agree that is most likely but there almost certianly was some twist (I mean look at our roles) that I think we just have to swallow that we can't know.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 19, 2014, 10:37:41 am »

I know why Archetype claimed having targeted Eevee: Because he told xeiron he did before he saw the flip!

Here's what happened tonight: xeiron targeted Archetype, they got a QT together. Archetype, planning something, said he targeted Eevee. Only he can't, because that would mean he died, and he couldn't have died, because if he would, I would have died instead, as I targeted Archetype tonight.

Vote: Archetype

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 19, 2014, 10:40:35 am »

xeiron, is that true?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 19, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

xeiron, is that true?

It better is, because that's what he told me.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 19, 2014, 10:42:20 am »

xeiron, is that true?

It better is, because that's what he told me.

Oh! Intent to vote Archetype once xeiron confirms, then.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 19, 2014, 10:48:43 am »

1.  Archetype probably targeted Voltaire, maybe with a roleblock?  What other scum power could he have used that doesn't kill?  -- Rolecop, but he doesn't really need that since we mass-claimed.  -- Some kind of redirection, which wouldn't have effect anyway since Voltaire's power would have been blocked.  -- Some delayed effect action, like poisoner or arsonist.

2.  Just to cover all the bases, if Archetype was poisoner, he could have targeted Eevee N1.  Then Walrus would be the nightkill. 

3.  Day 2 Archetype said that he saw Voltaire being targeted with killing, investigative, and protective actions.  Only the "protective" part was a gamble.  The others would have been obvious - Voltaire was killed and he was claiming to investigate him. 

4.  If faust is telling the truth about xeiron, then why did xeiron want to hold off on reporting results?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 19, 2014, 10:51:26 am »

Both Eevee and joth have impossible-to-know actions. I see the speculation that Eevee is a PGO and I agree that is most likely but there almost certianly was some twist (I mean look at our roles) that I think we just have to swallow that we can't know.

really?  REALLY?  This doesn't sound like you.  Usually you are eager to solve puzzles. 

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 19, 2014, 10:54:47 am »

really?  REALLY?  This doesn't sound like you.  Usually you are eager to solve puzzles.

Paranoid Hook Owner - flavor name for PGO. Cool. But, and I have said this so many times before:

There is one facet of the game that some may consider to be bastard, however the mod ensures you that it has been accounted for and has been designed in such a way to make it not bastard. This game will feature of myriad of roles, some of these roles will be subject to or create misinformation. However there will be no mod lying.

as a result, I am not comfortable taking anything we have that is unexplained and going "oh, musta been Eevee then!" That said, Eevee's PGO had to have a twist. It had to have. Same with ash's "aid-requiring." If we think that this quote was only referring to the second lives thing, then we'd be fine. I personally don't think that's the case.

Where I'm going with this is, I'm approaching this more towards normal mafia than RMM mafia.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 19, 2014, 10:59:37 am »

I want to point out that we might be - in a way - at LyLo. If we don't lynch scum tonight (assuming 2 scum with 2 lives each), scum can kill one of us with only 1 life. Then there are five players left tomorrow. Even if we lynch correctly then, the scum player we lynch still has 1 life. Then scum kills one of us with 1 life in the night, and on the following Day, 4 players remain, 2 of which are scum.

Of course this doesn't consider role interactions, but I think should make clear that no lynch isn't an option.

PPE: 4

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:41 am »

Vote Count 3.2

Archetype (1): faust

Not Voting (5): Archetype, xeiron, Walrus, Voltaire, EFHW

With six alive it takes four to lynch

Deadline for Day3 will be 8 days and will be February 26 at 7:00 pm forum time.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 19, 2014, 12:20:51 pm »

Where I'm going with this is, I'm approaching this more towards normal mafia than RMM mafia.

Normal mafia would have even fewer twists and turns than RMM.  Someone caught in a lie would be lynched immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.