Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329718 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2575 on: December 16, 2015, 10:32:29 pm »

oh I like this. I love being townie and without me actually having to do anything.
Be sure to avoid prods though!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 16, 2015, 10:32:40 pm »

ya pretty much tommorow. and teproc vs e currently. sounds fun!

Vote: Teproc
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 16, 2015, 10:33:26 pm »

oh I like this. I love being townie and without me actually having to do anything.
Be sure to avoid prods though!

I'm trying my best. Sometimes I get busy though.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 17, 2015, 12:10:49 am »

I think I just said what Yuma said. I haven't been this stoned since college.
Fixed.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: December 17, 2015, 12:18:21 am »

Fixed.

I thought you didn't pay attention to my posts!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: December 17, 2015, 01:07:46 am »

ya pretty much tommorow. and teproc vs e currently. sounds fun!

Vote: Teproc

For why?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: December 17, 2015, 01:08:45 am »

Fixed.

I thought you didn't pay attention to my posts!

I look for my name though

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: December 17, 2015, 01:42:50 am »

Just reread Teproc.  All 374 posts. 

The one thing I will say is that he is consistent.  He had a scum read on EgorK yesterday (which developed after defending EgorK a little).  He had one again today.

He had a scum read on me yesterday (with a case!) (That I replied to).  He has one on me right now.

So very consistent reads all game.  I didn't like his interaction with silverspawn (basically only mentions him once to say he is super town).

I can totally see scum!Teproc here.  And look!  I am voting for him.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: December 17, 2015, 02:01:31 am »

Ok then. Everyone here knows (or should know) that consistency is scummy, so that case makes sense. Or at least it would if it were true... I know rereading me is a pain, but if you do you'll find that e is straight-up lying here. Hydrad is probably the only player I've been scumreading the whole game. e comes close but I had my doubts early day 1 because of the way the wagons went down, and I went back and forth on EgorK.

More importantly, it's very convenientl ignoring that I was driving the faust wagon before he claimed and then realized his play was very consistent with that of a town!PR (a thought I had had on day 1 but had kinda forgotten), that I went a bit all over the place with Ampharos on day 1, hesitated a lot about WW, doubted Haddock's town tells... I know confirmation bias is a thing, but for e to draw that conclusion he'd have to have pretty big blinders on. Seriously, please do reread me, you'll see that this case is bananas.

And what's that about silverspawn ? I guess I'm surprised I only mentioned him once, but I identified him as town early on because I'm pretty decent at reading him... but what does that even mean anyway ? My interactions (or lack thereof) with a dead VT are scummy ? How so ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2584 on: December 17, 2015, 02:51:46 am »

Vote Count 2.13:

haddock (1): EgorK
Teproc (4): Ampharos, yuma, 2.7, Hydrad
2.7 (3): Haddock, Teproc, WW
Hydrad (2): iguanaiguana, faust
WW (1): RR

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day Two ends at 3:00 a.m. on Friday, December 18.

That's in ~24 hours.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: December 17, 2015, 02:56:26 am »

No, the interaction itself isn't scummy.  It is the fact that silverspawn was the NK.  When in doubt, as scum, I have always tended to kill someone who I see as obviously townie.  Someone that I won't be able to set up for a mislynch later on down the road.  Someone like faust or witherweaver or....silverspawn.

I think you are more likely to kill silverspawn.  Especially because you are the one who immediately comes out and does NK analysis.  Something no one else really did because we had a faust claim fairly early. 

Also, "straight-up lying" is straight-up lying.  I am not going to quote everything you say.  The bit about EgorK:  I actually went back and double checked that.  I was hoping to find you 100% saying EgorK is town on D1 then I was going to nail you as scummy for your vote D2.  I didn't find that.  And I also reflected that you had a developing read on EgorK D1.  I linked where you defended him and where you voted him.

As far as I go, sure, you didn't always have me as your #1 lynch, but you were basically the lone voice in the wilderness talking about lynching me and putting up cases against me.  I am not talking about every second of every day, but I consistently pop up as a lynch candidate.  EgorK doesn't pop up as much, and yeah, someone like Hydrad might pop up more.  But EgorK is enough of a read that you have voted him D1 and D2.  You have voted me D1 and D2. 

Consistency.  Voting records, not lies.

On a side note, RR.  This is why voting is so important.  It shows your current reads.  Call me "lazy" for not reading the context of each vote.  But if I see a vote for a person, I will assume your current read is "scum."
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 17, 2015, 03:00:50 am »

And yeah, I didn't mention stuff about faust and Haddock and yuma and iguana and oh, everyone else.  I linked what I felt like linking. 

The method that I had for the linking is primarily what stuck out to me.  Your EgorK vote today seemed out of place.  I checked it out.  It checked out. 

Your vote on me checks out.

What has been going on recently?  EgorK....me....

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 17, 2015, 03:23:42 am »

Iguana, I unvoted RR because obody was agreeing with me even after contemplating my case. Also he had much townier start of D2, but now seems scummy again, so I am again all for lynching him, especcialy woth recent interest Vote: RR

If this wouldn't fly up I'll take my time too look in e vs Teproc today. e seemed more scummy on D1, but Teproc's PoE seemed bogus D2. Need to reread both

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: December 17, 2015, 05:43:52 am »

Can I get a case against me?
Opportunistic behaviour re. myself and RR.
Buddying WW.
Various scummy posts, most recent example being
Basically I have been very careful to act townie. I knew I should have hammer egork when I had the chance
Gut.

That said, the first of those reasons is now a bit undermined thanks to scumminess of RR.
Also I don't see an e lynch happening right now, there's enough opposition to prevent it.

So vote: RR
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: December 17, 2015, 06:52:23 am »

Man, I bet I know how this is gonna end. I will get lynched because the town 'needs' a lynch, and I'm a good option, apparently. As Yuma said, we don't need a majority. So I'm preparing for the panic votes to fly.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: December 17, 2015, 06:55:45 am »

Fatalist RR is town!RR. Except he knows that and can be expected to emulate it...
I think this is overdoing it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: December 17, 2015, 07:00:53 am »

Fatalist RR is town!RR. Except he knows that and can be expected to emulate it...
I'm an over-the-top guy. We know this. And as scum, there is NO WAY I would make jokes about dayvigging and hammering and voting for Hydrad and people being stoned (as in drunk, not being killed by getting hit by thrown stones). But GG, everyone! This game was a lot of fun.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: December 17, 2015, 07:06:29 am »

I'm an over-the-top guy. We know this. And as scum, there is NO WAY I would make jokes about dayvigging and hammering and voting for Hydrad and people being stoned (as in drunk, not being killed by getting hit by thrown stones). But GG, everyone! This game was a lot of fun.
Meh.  Wait and see whether others join in before you hit the panic button.

Also, this is an important life lesson for you; in most contexts, "stoned" means "high on drugs" rather than "drunk" (at least it does in the UK...).  Given which, WW probably has cause to be a bit offended.  Playing up someone's drunkenness for a joke can be funny.  Accusing them of being high is rather different.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: December 17, 2015, 07:15:46 am »

So, I googled it. Both come up, not as a first and second definition, but as bullet points. I obviously do not mean to offend anyone. Now, to make sure WW reads this, we'll put his nane in.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 17, 2015, 09:28:36 am »

And yeah, I didn't mention stuff about faust and Haddock and yuma and iguana and oh, everyone else.  I linked what I felt like linking. 

The method that I had for the linking is primarily what stuck out to me.  Your EgorK vote today seemed out of place.  I checked it out.  It checked out. 

Your vote on me checks out.

Yeah, you only linked what fed your narrative. You said earlier you would reread having no idea how you would end up reading me, that's laughable. Why are my reads on other people not relevant ? Your case is that my reads are consistent, therefore I'm scum : fine, but your premise is only true if you ignore half my posts...

@EgorK : My PoE wasn't bogus (thanks for that faust). What made it bogus, it leading to you ? Me being wrong (allegedly) doesn't make me scum. Please explain to me wha was wrong with my PoE

@Haddock : What makes you think e wasn't getting lynched ? He's waymore likely than RR to be lynched, and mroe importantly he'll flip scum, that seems relevant.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: December 17, 2015, 09:29:35 am »

LIke, seriously, look at that e reread of me, then take even a cursory look at my posts, and tell me that's genuine.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 17, 2015, 09:31:37 am »

LIke, seriously, look at that e reread of me, then take even a cursory look at my posts, and tell me that's genuine.

^cursory look

{wow, that looks genuine}

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: December 17, 2015, 09:32:43 am »

^cursory look

I'm guessing that's a joke ?

Because if you really did that, you have bigger blinders on than I though.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: December 17, 2015, 09:34:59 am »

@Haddock : What makes you think e wasn't getting lynched ? He's waymore likely than RR to be lynched, and mroe importantly he'll flip scum, that seems relevant.
Several people vocally opposed lynching e, while several people have vocally supported lynching RR. Plus noone else had voted e in a while.
 I think RR is only slightly less scummy than e at this point, so I tried it.

It didnt really occur to me that people might be less likely to vote e while the wagon is smaller, so this is all a bit self-fulfilling.
So I guess vote: e again. I really could do either.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:36 am »

^cursory look

I'm guessing that's a joke ?

Because if you really did that, you have bigger blinders on than I though.

It was a joke... But honestly I am not too considered with 2.7's case right now. If he had made that earlier... then maybe I would be a little more skeptical. Because right now. He can't be genuine. If he is town he has to get you lynched. If he is scum he has to get you lynched. Because otherwise he is probably going to be the lynch. So maybe while he said he was going into it with an openmind initially, that changed when he got a bunch of votes. In a situation that is either you or him, he is going to look for places were you are scum and push that through because if he knows he is town, you are a better lynch than him.

And ultimately I don't really care about his case because I have a scum read on you independent of it.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.