Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia VIII: Pirates of the Pearl Coast - Day 6 Started. PM for QT.  (Read 149796 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VIII: Pirates of the Pearl Coast - Day 1 Started.
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

This is the post I misinterpreted. 
--snip--
But I wasn't going after Insomniac per se.  I was just taking an opportunity to claim that mistakes, in a vacuum, are scumtells. 

So - by that logic your misinterpretation is also a scumtell?

I really have to resent an accusation of having a "deliberately scummy meta" on the basis of a game where I was nightkilled because I was too obvtown by the end.

I'm probably just a bad player - but I don't think that you were killed for being obvtown.  SFS / Tables were the obv town players there.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2012, 02:15:18 pm »

Everyone plays a metagame which tries to benefit their scum role.  Whether that's Galzria changing up his play, O's trolling, pops' silence, Morgrim's insanity, or my own attempts to be helpful.  All of us try to play each game in a way so that when we're scum we'll be able to "blend in" with our normal play, and using whatever benefits our normal play can gain us to be better scum players.

I've just got to disagree with this ar(rr)gument on a personal level.

My only goal, every game, is to win that particular game.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2012, 02:22:14 pm »

Everyone plays a metagame which tries to benefit their scum role.  Whether that's Galzria changing up his play, O's trolling, pops' silence, Morgrim's insanity, or my own attempts to be helpful.  All of us try to play each game in a way so that when we're scum we'll be able to "blend in" with our normal play, and using whatever benefits our normal play can gain us to be better scum players.

I've just got to disagree with this ar(rr)gument on a personal level.

My only goal, every game, is to win that particular game.

I did alter the argument later after Eevee's disagreement.  See here:

I disagree. I myself try to be as helpful to the town as possible when town, and then fake that behavior to best of my abilities when I'm scum. I think most of us play that way? After all, we do draw town more often than we draw scum.

I suppose I overstated then, I'll change it to: any metagame strategy can be used to benefit a scum role.  From my perspective, I essentially play that way, but I do it to benefit myself whether playing as scum or town.  The point is that I think it's easier for me to fake consistently helpful behavior, and that such behavior makes me more trustworthy.  So when I draw scum, I can keep appearing helpful, and hopefully draw decent town trust.  That is my meta-strategy.  I personally think it's a superior strategy (else why would I pursue it?).  But I'm not going to lynch pops just because he has a different strategy. 

As pops himself noted: O was caught out in spite of attempting a generally scummy meta-strategy.  I'm of the opinion that pops is just as susceptible to actually doing scummy things that make him suspicious.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »

You guys all really suck at meta-analysis BTW.

MI town: I troll, easy win for town.
MIII town: I troll, hard win for town which I contributed to by becoming obvtown as a town member (I admittedly fucked up by lynching Morgrim, but that had nothing to do with trolling).
MIV scum: I try to troll, find out it's much harder and fail. While the D2 lynch was luck, I was either getting NKed N2 or lynched D3 if the D2 lynch didn't happen
MV scum: I don't even troll.

Popsofctown isn't a troll, he just lurks. Remove my preference to lynch him because wtf he got to l-2 without me WITHOUT POSTING what even is this.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2012, 03:47:50 pm »

This is the post I misinterpreted. 
--snip--
But I wasn't going after Insomniac per se.  I was just taking an opportunity to claim that mistakes, in a vacuum, are scumtells. 

So - by that logic your misinterpretation is also a scumtell?

I really have to resent an accusation of having a "deliberately scummy meta" on the basis of a game where I was nightkilled because I was too obvtown by the end.

I'm probably just a bad player - but I don't think that you were killed for being obvtown.  SFS / Tables were the obv town players there.

Pops if you read the QT we killed you because I derped and thought "The only reason Pops is acting so scummy is because he's probably doctor".

So yea...

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »

Popsofctown isn't a troll, he just lurks. Remove my preference to lynch him because wtf he got to l-2 without me WITHOUT POSTING what even is this.

It was actually L - 3, really it was L - 4 since he was self-voting, and we're less than 48 hours from deadline. tl;dr no regrets.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2012, 04:37:04 pm »

It was actually L - 3, really it was L - 4 since he was self-voting, and we're less than 48 hours from deadline. tl;dr no regrets.

O.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:39 pm »

Grujah, can you moderator-prod Lekkit?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2012, 05:56:01 pm »

Lekkit did post elsewhere today - right?

I'll prod him in game for you:

Vote: Lekkit
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2012, 07:19:23 pm »

A lot there depends on if cayvie thought that pops was in fact calling her out.

I think mostly I was just like "pops either isn't reading very carefully or isn't posting very carefully"
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2012, 07:20:51 pm »

Proded.

Mod questions/requests go in
red.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:28 pm »

Is the deadline Friday, 7am - or the 11th, 7am (Saturday)?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2012, 08:41:36 pm »

Wait, it should be Saturday, but I said that if it is on weekends I will move to Monday. So, you got until Monday, 7am. Sorry for confusion.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:08 am »

Question for everyone: pops or Lekkit to be lynched today?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:31 am »

between those two? pops

she/her

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:50 am »

Captain Frisk or Cayvie, wanting to lynch  me based off the inaccurate meta they ascribed me rubs me wrong (AKA OMGUS).

Actually, Captain Frisk is terrible whenever he's scum (see MIV, MVI.. especially MIV "I claim serial killer and they still think I'm mafia" proness...) and pretty decent whenever he's town (see the MV win he pulled out of his ass).

Vote:CAYVIE

brb, seeing who else wasted time criticizing my meta.

general note: policy-lynches, AKA lynches that people can't be blamed for when they hit townies, are dumb. so FOS eevee I guess.

PPE: FOS cayvie too. You can FOS and vote simultaneously, right?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:23 am »

@O

I wouldnt consider either a policy lynch. I just think all that lurking is antitown, scummy behavior.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2012, 02:41:33 am »

Captain Frisk or Cayvie, wanting to lynch  me based off the inaccurate meta they ascribed me rubs me wrong (AKA OMGUS).

Actually, Captain Frisk is terrible whenever he's scum (see MIV, MVI.. especially MIV "I claim serial killer and they still think I'm mafia" proness...) and pretty decent whenever he's town (see the MV win he pulled out of his ass).

general note: policy-lynches, AKA lynches that people can't be blamed for when they hit townies, are dumb. so FOS eevee I guess.

What about Galz, the player who actually described the meta?

she/her

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2012, 02:45:03 am »

I already tried lynching Galz. You all didn't seem up to it.

Plus galz is tracker and we don't want to lynch a PR day 1, wait till at least D2 to do that.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2012, 02:46:14 am »

ok

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2012, 02:59:04 am »

Plus galz is tracker and we don't want to lynch a PR day 1, wait till at least D2 to do that.

You're funny. You're like that guy on Iso who claims the only reason he ever losses is because of bad shuffle luck.

Vote: O

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2012, 03:03:00 am »

You're funny. You're like that guy on Iso who claims the only reason he ever losses is because of bad shuffle luck.

Vote: O

I give reasons for my votes and you don't, yet somehow I have the troll and anti-town meta.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2012, 03:17:47 am »

I think you're overly defensive, and aggressively FoS'ing or voting for anybody that disagrees with you. You're  trying to suppress any reason to suspect you by making people uncomfortable looking your way... And to my mind you're twisting events in previous games to try and make yourself seem more valuable to town.

You're meta has been consistent, and it's anti-town. It was that way in M-III when you were town, and it was that way in M-IV when you were scum. M-V is slightly different due to the mechanics of the game, but D2 especially you applied the same meta again.

Given all of that, (although especially your indignant attitude), I'm willing to cast my vote on you.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2012, 03:26:21 am »

I'm mad that I misread you in MIV and MV so I'm going to vote for you here.

I'll accept that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2012, 03:36:16 am »

I'm mad that I misread you in MIV and MV so I'm going to vote for you here.

I'll accept that.

lol.

You ask for reasons, I provide them, and you go right back to hiding behind your meta.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.