Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161134 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2012, 06:52:53 pm »

Bump?

oh right... this game... hope things pick up here when Blitz4 goes into night

YOU AREN'T IN BLITZ4

no, but I am following it, pretty exciting stuff over there

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »

Bump?

Blitz4 doesn't have nights.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2012, 07:25:04 pm »

Bump?

Blitz4 doesn't have nights.

FOS: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2012, 07:26:45 pm »

Thanks, Axxle.

I will circle back to the yuma case later, but first will give my thoughts on the rest of the town, as yuma requested.  I doubt I will have the opportunity to post at such length during the workday, but am aiming to get at least half of that analysis posted tonight.

volt, how is this coming along? It is kinda what I am waiting for

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 16, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »

Thanks, Axxle.

I will circle back to the yuma case later, but first will give my thoughts on the rest of the town, as yuma requested.  I doubt I will have the opportunity to post at such length during the workday, but am aiming to get at least half of that analysis posted tonight.

It'll be up tonight.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 17, 2012, 08:36:40 am »

Thanks, Axxle.

It'll be up tonight.

Lynch all liars <3.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 17, 2012, 08:39:59 am »

Vote: volt gloss

He has been around, but is lurking here.  Morgrim Maia does not have priority.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 17, 2012, 09:08:19 am »

I was thinking the same thing. This is looking like MIX voltgloss where he methodically put together large cases on players and lead town to his own personal victory

vote: voltgloss

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 17, 2012, 09:21:19 am »

That sure looks like yuma trying to get a wagon going on ANYONE else to save himself. I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Volt often takes longer than he thinks he will on his long cases, but they're usually worth waiting for. Plus, I'm still cutting him a little slack for having an infant in the house, which I understand can ruin the best laid plans in all sorts of contexts.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 17, 2012, 09:35:13 am »

I somewhat agree joth.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:12 am »

That sure looks like yuma trying to get a wagon going on ANYONE else to save himself. I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Volt often takes longer than he thinks he will on his long cases, but they're usually worth waiting for. Plus, I'm still cutting him a little slack for having an infant in the house, which I understand can ruin the best laid plans in all sorts of contexts.

sure I don't want to die... because again, I know I am town.... so at this point anyone else to save myself has a better chance of hitting scum. And it isn't like I have been jumping around with votes on everywhich player. I was voting for ash. I am now voting for Volt.

Sick infant sure... but I think a non-lurky town volt would have come in and said, sorry guys, got busy, case still isn't where I wanted it, I'll get it asap. But he hasn't. For two days, when he was obviously around and capable of posting that and involved in other threads. I'll keep my vote where it is, if you want to believe that I am trying to stay alive and lynch scum, believe it, because you are absolutely right.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 17, 2012, 10:34:25 am »

I was handling ZM4, which DID have priority.  And then working on getting a handle on Cosmic Encounters III and IV.

Then, baby.

So if you want to vote me for those commitments, hey that's cool, obviously having a month-old infant and stepping in to help moderate other games are both raging scumtells.

I'm now ignoring my family and working on my several hours' worth of analysis.  Outlining (1) my reads on everyone if yuma is town; (2) my reads on everyone if yuma is scum; and (3) the reasons why I think yuma is still more likely scum than town.  It'll take a while, and if my family pulls me away I will immediately post to that effect.

And after this game I probably won't play in another Mafia game for a while, because this feels like a really cheap shot and low blow, especially from fellow parent Frisk.

Yeah, I'm pissed.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 17, 2012, 10:46:53 am »

So here's the deal.

My case on yuma is what I would call an "evidence-based case."  By which I mean:  it doesn't hinge on an interpretation of things yuma said.  It hinges solely on an interpretation of things yuma did.  Specifically, his casting the hammervote on Galz without (according to his claim) having read all posts in the topic, and thus not knowing that his vote was the hammer OR that Galz had claimed a power role.

Now, I am inclined to think evidence-based cases are intrinsically more compelling than cases that hinge solely on a player's words.  That doesn't make them infallible, of course.  And it comes with a flipside too:  such cases are attractive - by which I mean, if someone inadvertently makes an evidence-based case against a player who is in fact Town, then the Mafia are likely to join that wagon because they have a ready-made excuse when the wagonee flips Town:  "the case was compelling, I was pretty sure he was scum!" 

I will also add another point:  in this setup, the Mafia are unlikely to bus.  Why?  Because they can only keep all town power roles locked down if all three of them are alive.  Then the Vig Switch can perform a nightkill, while the Cop and Doc Switches keep the Cop and Doc turned off.  If any one of them is lynched - even the Vig Switch - then either the Town Cop or Town Doc has to be left "on" at night for the Mafia to be able to make a nightkill.  So, bussing one of their number into a lynch ruins the significant advantage they currently enjoy. 

With these points in mind, I will address in my next three posts (1) my reads on everyone else if yuma is town; (2) my reads on everyone else is yuma is scum; and (3) why I think yuma is still more likely scum than town.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:15 am »

I have to bring my 2-year-old down from her high chair now, be right back.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 17, 2012, 10:48:50 am »

I'm back.  Continuing to write.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 17, 2012, 10:53:31 am »

I have to get my daughter out from behind the couch.  Be right back.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 17, 2012, 10:55:39 am »

I agree with this primarily because... wasn't Volt SK in IX?  We know for sure hes not SK in this game so voting for him for the similarity of style means that scumvolt is closer to skvolt than townvolt and I think for anyone this is usually not true.  Vote: Yuma

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57:23 am »

fwiw, i didnt want the delay in getting your case up scummy, volt. i recall it has happened before, and your reasons were more than sufficient. a simple "sorry i was feeling lazy" would have been enough for me.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 17, 2012, 11:31:11 am »

That took longer than expected because after pulling my daughter out from behind the couch, I also had to change my infant's diaper, dress him, dress my oldest son and daughter, undress my daughter and change her diaper, dress her again, put my infant into his carseat, watch all three kids while my wife got dressed, calm my daughter down from a tantrum after her older brother took one of her toys, explain to her older brother that he cannot take his siblings' toys, clean up about fifteen toys from the floor, and lock the door after my wife left to go to the food store with our infant.

I'm now back at a computer in the family room watching my oldest son and daughter, and typing again.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 17, 2012, 11:31:24 am »

I was handling ZM4, which DID have priority.  And then working on getting a handle on Cosmic Encounters III and IV.

Then, baby.

So if you want to vote me for those commitments, hey that's cool, obviously having a month-old infant and stepping in to help moderate other games are both raging scumtells.

I'm now ignoring my family and working on my several hours' worth of analysis.  Outlining (1) my reads on everyone if yuma is town; (2) my reads on everyone if yuma is scum; and (3) the reasons why I think yuma is still more likely scum than town.  It'll take a while, and if my family pulls me away I will immediately post to that effect.

And after this game I probably won't play in another Mafia game for a while, because this feels like a really cheap shot and low blow, especially from fellow parent Frisk.

Yeah, I'm pissed.

Hey man. Parenting wins hands down. Fake modding morgrim does not.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 17, 2012, 11:34:29 am »

Hey man. Parenting wins hands down. Fake modding morgrim does not.

Are you saying I'm mafia because I posted a couple jokes in Morgrim's topic that took about 1 minute each to post?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 17, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

Be back, my son wants to play hide and seek.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 17, 2012, 11:43:58 am »

I would be mad at you for all the irrelevant quick posts, but your family sounds adorable! (If a bit of a handful.)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 17, 2012, 11:49:20 am »

I'm back.  Continuing to write.

volt we need to have a chat via pm or something. I feel like you are frustrated with me and I with you mafia aside. These posts feel like they are directed at me tomake me feel bad. Well they are working. I do feel bad. I just deleted a post that said I was going to /out. But figured it would be best to clear my head and talk to first before over reacting

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 17, 2012, 12:21:39 pm »

These posts are being made because of this:

Sick infant sure... but I think a non-lurky town volt would have come in and said, sorry guys, got busy, case still isn't where I wanted it, I'll get it asap. But he hasn't. For two days, when he was obviously around and capable of posting that and involved in other threads.

So I'm giving updates on my progress, because that appears to be what's needed.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.