Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship - Flawless Mafia win!  (Read 43788 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship (D1 Start) - PM for Spec
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »

I'm waiting for the rest of the answers Insomniac - however, to Robz' point about Jimmmmm, I disagree. I think as a member of town you're much more likely to be critical of everyone because you know nothing (or that's generally the case). From a scum perspective, you're all too aware of everything that's going on.

No, no, no. You're wrong. As a member of the scum, you're more likely to be critical of everyone. You need to get the real town lynched, and you need to criticize your scummates so you don't get pegged as "in cahoots" with them. Scum, in this game, has to take things people say and tear them down, or try to spin them. (Not for absolutely everyone--you can choose a buddy, maybe two.) So I can much more easily see scum forgetting Galz is IC, than town doing that. I very nearly forgot shraeye was IC in the last game, because I was in such a rush to slam him for something.

This is very interesting - 2 people with scum experience in this setup disagreeing.  One of them is mod confirmed town... does that make RobZ scum?

It's a perspective question to the individual, not a theory question to be debated on its merits of scumminess.

Eager to paint people scum Frisk?

When did you stop beating your wife senator?  Is that the response you're looking for?

Little defensive?

Vote: Frisk
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2012, 12:36:16 pm »

I'm waiting for the rest of the answers Insomniac - however, to Robz' point about Jimmmmm, I disagree. I think as a member of town you're much more likely to be critical of everyone because you know nothing (or that's generally the case). From a scum perspective, you're all too aware of everything that's going on.

No, no, no. You're wrong. As a member of the scum, you're more likely to be critical of everyone. You need to get the real town lynched, and you need to criticize your scummates so you don't get pegged as "in cahoots" with them. Scum, in this game, has to take things people say and tear them down, or try to spin them. (Not for absolutely everyone--you can choose a buddy, maybe two.) So I can much more easily see scum forgetting Galz is IC, than town doing that. I very nearly forgot shraeye was IC in the last game, because I was in such a rush to slam him for something.

This is very interesting - 2 people with scum experience in this setup disagreeing.  One of them is mod confirmed town... does that make RobZ scum?

Vote: CF for this^ Like Galz said, CF is giving a very weak excuse as to why Robz could be scum.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2012, 12:37:44 pm »

Little defensive?

Sorry Galz, you're ninja scum detector is off today.

Archetype - I think you'll find that i was the one who called it weak.

No.

It's a weak argument for sure, but it does seem pretty strange to be disagreeing with a confirmed town who shared your experience last game.

I also didn't vote - because of the dangerous of unique voting in this setup, which I was way wrong about the last time we went around.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2012, 12:39:56 pm »

Little defensive?

No.

It's a weak argument for sure, but it does seem pretty strange to be disagreeing with a confirmed town who shared your experience last game.

I also didn't vote - because of the dangerous of unique voting in this setup, which I was way wrong about the last time we went around.

Unique voting isn't dangerous if everyone submits one vote for everyone.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »

Little defensive?

No.

Unique voting isn't dangerous if everyone submits one vote for everyone.

I think the mods might kill us for that?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:43 pm »

Shraeye - What is your take on CF's defensiveness?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2012, 12:45:05 pm »

Shraeye - What is your take on CF's defensiveness?

Also interested in this response.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2012, 12:46:05 pm »

Checked back, seems you did. But still, why make the case in the first place? A weak attempt at bussing your scummate? If so, bad idea. You should know from last game bussing isn't an effective strategy in this set up.

PPE: A lot

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »

Checked back, seems you did. But still, why make the case in the first place? A weak attempt at bussing your scummate? If so, bad idea. You should know from last game bussing isn't an effective strategy in this set up.

PPE: A lot

Not really a case, just something interesting to note.

There are 3 people who know what its like to play scum in this setup.  Only 2 are in this game.  One of them says it feels this way.  The other says something completely different.  They've both been playing this game for a long long time, so its interesting.  If SFS (a newer player) had said it felt different - then I probably wouldn't have found it as interesting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »

Again, SfS in the end of whatever blitz game it was when he, dsell and archetype were the only ones left.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2012, 12:57:35 pm »

I just looked back at shraeye, and realized that he only had 1 serious post so far (and a bunch of nonsense). His serious post was the one asking us to take a close look at Galz's posts 74-78, which again I thought was weird, since we know Galz is town.

Shraeye, why did you want us to look at those?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:45 pm »

I just looked back at shraeye, and realized that he only had 1 serious post so far (and a bunch of nonsense). His serious post was the one asking us to take a close look at Galz's posts 74-78, which again I thought was weird, since we know Galz is town.

He was asking what people thought about my proposal to lynch the lowest post count, and if they agreed with my feelings regarding Eevee's response being too "buddy up to the IC".

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2012, 01:02:01 pm »

He was asking what people thought about my proposal to lynch the lowest post count, and if they agreed with my feelings regarding Eevee's response being too "buddy up to the IC".

I actually wanted to hear it from shraeye, rather than have you provide him a cover answer, but sure, great.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »

I actually wanted to hear it from shraeye, rather than have you provide him a cover answer, but sure, great.

It was pretty straightforward - there wasn't exactly anything else within those quotes.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2012, 01:18:34 pm »

It was pretty straightforward - there wasn't exactly anything else within those quotes.

But again, it read to me like he thought you said something scummy, or something. Like he wanted us to analyze your content, not take a side on it. But I wanted that clarification from him.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2012, 01:29:54 pm »

Just completed reread.  Blast of "quote in new tab" responses to follow.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2012, 01:31:17 pm »

Also: I will vote the lowest post count person at days end.
Lolwug?

Got a problem with that?

Nah actually saying that might work out well. No problem!

Is Eevee unwilling to confront IC, or actually Ok with it?  Galz has a history of doing "misleading" things as town, to gauge reaction of other players.

I think that if carried out, it would be fascinating to see everyone jockeying for lowest post count at the end of the day.  THat rapid fire posting may actually result in a scumslip, so as I noted later in the day, this might not be all that crazy. (Provided of course that Galz appropriately size of the responses before actually voting)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2012, 01:31:26 pm »

I don't like that Eevee was so quick to make sure he didn't go against my suggestion in posts #74-#77, especially given how terrible the idea was and is.

Still, Vote: Robz for lurking.
I don't think the idea is as bad as you are saying it is.

Just watching how we react to such a plan is interesting.

I also don't like the wording of this. The "we" used by Frisk doesn't feel like town inclusive.

Also Frisk, you may be dead in GoF-III, but you're still a Zombie. Stop holding up the show. ;)

If this is what is causing you to tunnel on me, then sorry.  We in this case was "all players who are of unknown alignment",

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2012, 01:31:32 pm »

going to sleep soon, back at it in 10 hours. post a lot while i'm gone!
same here.

Archetype hasn't (at the point of this quote) said anything really meaningful, and yet wants other players to contribute more.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2012, 01:33:23 pm »

Hmm, I'm thinking it's going to be hard for me to get my post count up for a number of reasons:

1) In general, both IRL and online, I don't really tend to say something unless I actually feel like I have something to say. Not so good at talking for the sake of talking.

2) There's (apparently) so much going on here that I'm still not sure about.

3) Due to my difference in timezone to most other people, it seems like it will be hard for me to be online when everyone else is.

So please don't lynch me based on post count! I'm trying my best. :)

I don't like this post, but can't put my finger on it.  Could be genuine, but that doesn't excuse lurking.  When I lynched RobZ yesterday, I was in no way confident - but I truly was willing to throw the game to punish such obvious anti-town behavior.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2012, 01:33:43 pm »

Someone, I think Eevee, mentioned that scum aren't going to bus as much, and WIFOM concerns aside, I agree. It just doesn't seem to work for scum in these Blitz games. (And I've been in both losing scum Blitz games). In 3, my biggest suspect was SFS, and Galz's biggest suspect was me. All three of us were scum, and we were the 3 most suspected people, and town won flawlessly. So.

RobZ's 3rd post.  I could read this either way.  I really would have liked to see more content from him last night, but there really isn't much that can be done about that.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

In honor of Frisk:

"Shraeye has won too many games recently. We should lynch him and that way whatever team he's on will lose. Plus, you know, when I'm scum he's town and vice versa, so that makes him an ISC - innocent scum child - Vote: Shraeye"

Somebody needs to RVS, right?
But I was on your side for RMM3, and we made a great team.  So here's to another great win for Frisk/shraeye!

Man this is weird, later clarified to be because he thought I was IC... but I don't know that Shraeye is on my team

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2012, 01:34:34 pm »

--snip out a bunch of analysis--

I get the vibe that jimmmmmmmmmmmm is trying here, but the content ends up being fairly bland.  Is that designed?  If scum, jimm probably isn't getting alot of help with his day chat @ 3am.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship (Full)
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2012, 01:35:26 pm »

So Eevee obvscum for not explaining his idea?
"So we play like we normally would, except we all pick an IC to sheep and only vote for whoever they are voting.."  :)

If there are people who didn't read the last game, I proposed this at the start of day 1 and.. apparently it's not such a good idea after all.
I agree. Being an Innocent Child don't necessarily mean all your reads are correct.

I'm off for now, might check in in a couple of hours.

Jimmmm's first 2 posts.  Accusses eevee of being scum (joke?) - but then rather than respond in any meaningful way to eevee's clarification, he just signs off.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 20, 2012, 01:41:03 pm »

So - after my reread, I - like many others - ended up with a big blank read around Shraeye.  It was like I didn't even notice he was playing. 

I was apparently ninja'd by RobZ in this regard.

To answer insomniac's question, I think I'd move Shraeye to my #1, and demote eevee to #2.  With RobZ's recent posting, I have a better read, and if FORCED to gamble on town, I'd pick him, although with severe reservation, because RobZ, like Galz + Insomniac - always give me the willies.

Arch / Jimmmm i could see either way.  Arch doesn't have a lot of content, and Jimm's content does feel a little forced, but I still think that eevee picking on him is scummier than actively trying to post in your 2nd game in the forum while everyone else is asleep.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.