Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 231550 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 4, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #2075 on: November 01, 2012, 12:41:39 pm »

Nope, just switcing computer.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 01, 2012, 02:11:04 pm »

Hey guys. I checked the forum via my iPod for about 1 minute at around 11:30, sorry about the confusion.

I would prefer that Lekkit claim first. I don't exactly think he'd switch his claim around a bunch because of what I say, but there is always a chance.

Anyway my claim is rather large and full of information, so I'll need to synthesize it; give me a few minutes.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 01, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »

Hey guys. I checked the forum via my iPod for about 1 minute at around 11:30, sorry about the confusion.

I would prefer that Lekkit claim first. I don't exactly think he'd switch his claim around a bunch because of what I say, but there is always a chance.

Anyway my claim is rather large and full of information, so I'll need to synthesize it; give me a few minutes.

Quoting for emphasis.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 01, 2012, 02:17:50 pm »

Then take that time, synthesize it, and post it.  I disagree with having supposedly conftown Dsell determine the order instead of actual conftown Galzria.  You go first, per Galz's plan.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »

I'm not sure what synthesizing there would be to do... quote the pm, and then start posting your night actions and results?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:32 pm »

I'm not sure what synthesizing there would be to do... quote the pm, and then start posting your night actions and results?
exactly.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 01, 2012, 02:29:58 pm »

Flavour name: External Hard Drive
Role name: Universal Backup
Alignment: Town

Abilities:

You can never be too careful!  Everything must be backed up.  Well, most things.  There’s only so much disk space, after all, and you’re already full of Very Important Files.  Mostly lolcats and animated gifs.  But you do have a little bit of extra space for some other data!

You will (usually) gain a one-shot version of the power of the last person to die.  This generally means that you will have the night power of whoever was just lynched.  If multiple players die simultaneously for whatever reason, I will determine the order based on logic if possible, PM timestamps otherwise, and at random if need be.  You cannot save up these 1-shot abilities.  Usually this means that you will never have the chance to use the powers of players who are night killed, though there may be exceptions.

Night 1 I acquired Archetype's ability, which was Tracker. I tracked ftl but didn't get any result. (I at first assumed he didn't target anyone. Later in the day eHal sent a correction saying a scoop of strawberry ice cream was forced down my mouth in the night. Still later in the day, ftl posted about targeting Robz, indicating that the ice cream did in fact have the effect of roleblocking me.)

Day 2 I acquired Insomniac's shepherd ability. He had many, many choices of things to do, but there were only titles with a bit of flavor, no actual description. One ability was not available. It was "Surround Sound," so I'm sure Insomniac was responsible for "Surprise, Surprise" being played to all of us in the night. I don't know if any of these abilities had any effect beyond flavor and I never got to use any of them because those powers were overridden by the powers I received after the lynch...

Night 2 I acquired Robz' kelptomaniac power. I got to target a player to steal something related to their power. I chose Jotheonah and stole a vanilla ice cream scoop, which appeared to have the power to doctor someone. (Can't doctor during the day though.) However, at the same time, I received two more programs overriding each other. First I received Galzria's spirit medium power, which gave me access to the Spectator QT and would have let me post there, except that it was immediately overridden by Jorbles' power, the strawberry ice cream scoop and the power to roleblock. That was all during night 2 and the beginning of day 3.

Night 3 I got Watno's power to shoot paint at two people to watch them. I shot paint at Frisk and Ashersky (Asher was my biggest town read, nearly tied with jo, who I now believed to be town based on the doctoring ability...I mentioned on day 3 that I was very confused about jo because he appeared to be doctor but then was "obviously" lying in the Spec QT...once that was resolved and I wasn't confused anymore I figured he must be the doctor. I almost targeted jo and was so so so frustrated that I didn't because...), neither of them had paint traces. I thought mafia might try to take out Frisk because his role could be dangerous to them.

At the beginning of day 4 (now) I got jo's ability to doctor again after he died. However, this will be overridden if we lynch someone, and I'll get a 1-shot of their power.

I think that covers everything. If you have more specific questions, ask away. This leads me to draw conclusions about two players who've already claimed, but I suppose I'll hold out until we're totally done.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 01, 2012, 02:31:12 pm »

Ok, that's actually worthy of synthesis

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 01, 2012, 02:39:50 pm »

And here's mine.

Flavour name: Insane Doctor
Role name: 3-Shot Necromancer
Alignment: Town

Abilities:

BWAHAHAHAHA!  They said you were crazy, but you’ve worked it out.  All you had to do was carry the one and replace Schrodinger’s Cat with Pavlov’s Dog.  Then, some magic and batteries (available at the local hardware store) was enough to bring the whole Rube Goldberg together.  Genius!  With your mad power, you are able to bring back the dead.

Each night, until you run out of shots, you may target one dead player.  Barring outside influence, the target will be revived in the morning and will survive until the end of that night (i.e. they will be able to use their night action, if they have one).  A zombie player may vote but its presence will not change the number of votes needed to lynch.  A zombie player cannot be voted upon.  Zombies retain their original alignment.  It will be announced that the zombie looks sickly and decomposed and will not likely survive for very long.

You will not gain access to the Dead Player QT when you die if you still have any shots remaining.  Instead, you will automatically consume all remaining shots and revive yourself.  Note that the Dead Player QT will be locked for the day while a zombie (other than you) is raised.

For game mechanic purposes, your ability adds “1-shot Alive” to the dead player’s role as a regular action, which that player automatically uses.

I've only used my power once, and that was on Galz.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 01, 2012, 02:46:23 pm »

Ok, so dsell's claim seems to be at odds with eevee's.  2 doctors seems unlikely, but then again we're left to rely on DSell's word.

DSell's role is like a suped up rolecop, but Mafia claiming doctor is always a super easy scum.  I've done it. 

DSell:

Why wouldn't you want to lynch me and use the kill for yourself?

I don't think I believe Frisk's claim, but Galz is making me want to vote Jorbles. We can direct Frisk's kill tonight based on Jorble's flip, and then we'd be in a pretty good spot tomorrow.

Eevee:

Can you clarify your thinking behind your protection targets?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 01, 2012, 02:47:06 pm »

If DSell is telling the truth, then we can control the fish from the only admitted scum.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 01, 2012, 02:52:55 pm »

Lekkit is right that using his power on Galz was a very pro-town thing to do. And it doesn't seem like a mafia role, though it's possible there is more sinisterness to the role than we can see.

There was a missing kill last night. It looks as though the Mafia kill was doctored. Jo doctored Shraeye, which gives his towniness some weight. Also, if he's mafia and telling the truth about his role, then we've just lost lost lost because he can't be killed easily at all.

Eevee claims to be doctor but I don't buy it. Not a bit. Jo was doctor and I rather doubt we'd have two plain old doctors. His flavor, and specifically the line, "and do it so quickly he won't even notice what was about to hit him" looks rather suspicious to me. And sewing doesn't scream doctor to me. Furthermore, he claims to have doctored jo, which is convenient because he was killed by a strongman.

Ashersky is a tough nut to crack. I need to look over the claim again. Using his power on Shraeye night 1 links them together, and it seems unlikely that scum-Ashersky would use that particular power on town-Shraeye, though I could definitely see him using it on scum-Shraeye (but that seems broken from a game-balance perspective). Furthermore, the only evidence we have that Ashersky's claim is true at all is from Shraeye himself, right?

Conspiracy: The mafia (Eevee, Shraeye, Ashersky for purposes of the conspiracy) figured out that the third ice-cream man must be a doctor. So they didn't shoot last night to make it look like whoever got ice cream (maybe they knew it was Shraeye) would be townie. And then they just covered each others' stories. That doesn't make tons of sense. /conspiracy

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 01, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »

Asher dropped hints about knowing why joth didn't run out of scoops previously.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 01, 2012, 02:56:40 pm »

Why wouldn't you want to lynch me and use the kill for yourself?

Because for the majority of this game I thought you were SK, and I'd rather lynch mafia. Besides, if you used your kill outside of how we directed it, we'd lynch you.

Now that you claim to have 0 shots it is a bit more tempting, however, I am less sure that you're mafia than others, and I think it's really important to lynch mafia today. But don't worry, I'm coming around to the idea that you're scum again. ;)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 01, 2012, 02:58:19 pm »

Asher dropped hints about knowing why joth didn't run out of scoops previously.

You're right. This validates his claim somewhat.

What if mafia were all just given normal looking roles, and their major advantage was just having the NK? The only claim without any substantiation is Eevee's and sort of Shraeye's.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 01, 2012, 03:00:41 pm »

So. Who wants to take a stab at explaining the Vanilla Flavour Kills, based off the claims we have?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:17 pm »

So. Who wants to take a stab at explaining the Vanilla Flavour Kills, based off the claims we have?

I was gonna ask this same thing. This is the biggest mystery to me. I gotta assume it's Eevee, having the least substantiated claim. Maybe Shraeye.

It could also be a subtext in any one of the Mafia Role PMs. A "for mafia eyes only" part of the power.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 01, 2012, 03:03:47 pm »

Nobody has claimed receiving the red fish?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 01, 2012, 03:26:57 pm »

There was a missing kill last night. It looks as though the Mafia kill was doctored.

Or they targeted me and the kill didn't hit because I commuted

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 01, 2012, 03:27:41 pm »

Man, I wish I was at a computer and not on my mobile. Trying to sort through this stuff is a pain.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 01, 2012, 03:32:42 pm »

shraeye, what did the motivation you recieved from asher look like?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »

The ashersky role doesn't make sense as scum.  If his claim is true, as I know it is based on what he did to me, then he is pretty much conftown.  It makes no sense to use this power on anyone other than his scumteam if he was mafa.  He used it on me, and this is Dsell's crazy scum conspiracy, but that would be too broken of a setup by eHalc.  If me and asher were both scum, he'd have charged me up every single night.  He also usedthis on the icecream neighborhood (presumably he used it on jorbles, so the neighborhood scoops went up but joth didn't know it) and they're all town.  So I conclude that asher is absolutely town.

I'm thinking through the other claims now, nothing makes complete sense for the icecream scoop based on the roles as posted.  I need to read Dsell's claim closer.  It looks like he could take things from recently killed players.  He says that he can only use their power, but maybe he took a scoop from archetype and has been bashing with it?  It would be like the Robz thief role, except Robz steals from the living and Dsell steals from the dead.

I'm certain that cayvie's alignment of SK is true, but I'm still suspicious of her powers being as stated.

Is there confirmation from anyone other than Dsell that joth was a doctor?  Was there even confirmation from Dsell?  I wasn't told anything about being protected last night, just that I had icecream stuffed in a knot of my trunk.  I'm considering if Eevee's doctor claim can be real, it felt not real to me, as I had a hunch that joth was doctor, but there was no confirmation there.  I'm wary about using DSell's word that joth was a doctor as the reason Eevee is lying.   Dsell did claim after Eevee, so may have written things to make eevee's claim look worse.  I'm still suspicious of how he tried to be the very last to claim.

More thoughts will come later, but I'm highly suspicious of DSell, Eevee.  Certain ash, me are town.  certain cayvie is SK.  lekkit, frisk, ftl i'm unsure of.  but i'm leaning that lekkit is also scum, ftl is town-flavourcop, frisk is town-vig.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 01, 2012, 03:45:51 pm »

The ashersky role doesn't make sense as scum.  If his claim is true, as I know it is based on what he did to me, then he is pretty much conftown.  It makes no sense to use this power on anyone other than his scumteam if he was mafa.  He used it on me, and this is Dsell's crazy scum conspiracy, but that would be too broken of a setup by eHalc.  If me and asher were both scum, he'd have charged me up every single night.  He also usedthis on the icecream neighborhood (presumably he used it on jorbles, so the neighborhood scoops went up but joth didn't know it) and they're all town.  So I conclude that asher is absolutely town.

The only plausible thought i could have for Asher is that there's more than he's listing (ie - it's mandatory - and may not target scum).  It would get him town cred, and may offset some super scum power role - like yours would be.  I think its pretty clear that the two of you can't be scum AND be truthful about your powers, because that would be OP. 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 01, 2012, 03:46:56 pm »

shraeye, what did the motivation you recieved from asher look like?

"You are a beautiful flower, and like your growing town reads, are blossoming.  Continue to trust your instincts, and the good people of the town will follow."

At the time I came up with a lot of crazy theories regarding this.  I thought somehow I had earned this by having the best reads on people, or it was given to everyone, or it was mod-trolling and it would disappear later.  i figured out what was up when joth said there was a problem with the scoop-count and this was confirmed when ashersky said he knew why the discrepancy existed.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 01, 2012, 03:47:48 pm »

fwiw i hope jo was a doctor, if only because it'll mean at least one of my reads this game wasn't completely wrong
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.