Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 231551 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour
« Reply #250 on: September 25, 2012, 01:43:51 pm »

Also passing thought! eHal made this game, eHal always suggests no lynch in Role madness games to give the powers a night to work...does that make it a thing here...
Your buddy got up to too many votes I take it?

@Galzria
At least Robz has a motivation to hunt for the dementors before they come and take him to Azkaban.

Robz has no soul. The number of games he's been Mafia in proves this. Thus the Dementors won't want him anyway.

Jokes aside, Insomniac is completely right that some people need to start posting. This game has been moving slowly since the launch, and we've already generated concrete topics to debate that will likely have a large impact on the game. It would be nice to get some more voices in here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 25, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »

Also passing thought! eHal made this game, eHal always suggests no lynch in Role madness games to give the powers a night to work...does that make it a thing here...

you know, that's a legit point. maybe?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2012, 01:48:33 pm »

Your buddy got up to too many votes I take it?

@Galzria
At least Robz has a motivation to hunt for the dementors before they come and take him to Azkaban.

Yea I mean Voltaire hit 3 like nothing! and rather than unvote I thought I'd suggest some no lynch  ::)
It was one of my better one-liners though, right?

@nolynch debacle
How do we determine if it's a good idea? I'm slightly opposed to it, but mostly due to conventional "nolynch is bad" mafia wisdom.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »

Voltaire said elsewhere "I haven't even had time to start reading RMM3 yet". I guess he wasn't lying.

I'll be different and Vote: Dsell, having two posts is scummier than having 0 posts imo.

Yeah, when it was all Harry Potter fluff I just bowed out...I've seen the movies but I don't know enough about the specifics to really participate in the banter. So I'm glad we've moved past that.

I am guessing that since it's role madness, both town and scum will have powers of varying strengths. I'm sure it's balanced though, so if we have a superpower townie, scum probably has some really good roles too.

Shraeye asked about whether we have a superpower townie, well it sounds like there is a townie we need to protect, though that's not the same. Neo could be a superpower, but we don't know for sure. Neo is the one, Harry Potter is the boy who lived, Luke Skywalker is our only hope...it's flavor and it's important but that one bit of flavor doesn't necessarily mean what we think it does.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2012, 02:02:41 pm »

Neo could be a superpower or Neo could be the equivalent of some variant on a Beloved Princess, or even some combination of the two. We don't know, but I am of the opinion that we should do our best to protect that player.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2012, 02:08:12 pm »

Neo could be a superpower or Neo could be the equivalent of some variant on a Beloved Princess, or even some combination of the two. We don't know, but I am of the opinion that we should do our best to protect that player.

good plan

protect: neo
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2012, 02:11:12 pm »

I agree.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2012, 02:39:13 pm »

@watno In a game called "Read the Freaking Flavour" I'm not sure flavor=fluff holds

Voltaire said elsewhere "I haven't even had time to start reading RMM3 yet". I guess he wasn't lying.

I'll be different and Vote: Dsell, having two posts is scummier than having 0 posts imo.

Yeah, when it was all Harry Potter fluff I just bowed out...I've seen the movies but I don't know enough about the specifics to really participate in the banter. So I'm glad we've moved past that.

I am guessing that since it's role madness, both town and scum will have powers of varying strengths. I'm sure it's balanced though, so if we have a superpower townie, scum probably has some really good roles too.

Shraeye asked about whether we have a superpower townie, well it sounds like there is a townie we need to protect, though that's not the same. Neo could be a superpower, but we don't know for sure. Neo is the one, Harry Potter is the boy who lived, Luke Skywalker is our only hope...it's flavor and it's important but that one bit of flavor doesn't necessarily mean what we think it does.
Did I miss the Star Wars flavor part??

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:58 pm »

@watno In a game called "Read the Freaking Flavour" I'm not sure flavor=fluff holds

Did I miss the Star Wars flavor part??

No, I wasn't referencing specific flavor, I just meant that just because Neo is "The One" doesn't mean that he's the all-important character in this game of mafia. Or even that he's IN this game of mafia, though that seems more likely. I'm just saying that tomorrow he could come out and say "Luke Skywalker is our only hope" within the flavor and then maybe he's the person this or that is referring to.

It seems to me like the people who are saying this is a matrix-y version of Hogwarts may be on to something, based on the flavor. It's possible there's even more to it than that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »

Unvote, hello Dsell.
Vote: ashersky

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2012, 03:23:13 pm »

Ugh, I want to put a frustration-vote on either watno for saying "I read his posts, thank you. However, the things you pointed out are talking about fluff" and "To me, fluff = flavor. Feel free to tell me otherwise, wiki.mafiascum doesn't say anything."

or insomniac for saying "He doesn't admit knowledge of neo. He admits to knowing that there is a townie that should be protected." when I was only trying to reference the above-average-powerful-town-player with the shorthand neo, since Galz already said that "Neo is the one" fits that knowledge well. (in #184)

I'm going to breathe for a moment, remember that my vote is currently on Frisk for making a snappy vote on Eevee (after which he has pretty much disappeared), and realize that I'm happy keeping it there.  The sarcasm I totally missed the first time around, but to show up, be silly and leave is more of a problem than to simply be too busy to start up at all (like Voltaire).  I want both of them to start saying things!

Ugh, my mind was not ready for the transition from serious-thought 25 person mafia, to the silly RVS-beginnings of a new game.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2012, 03:29:58 pm »

Yeah, okay

that's better than anything I've got

vote: Captain_Frisk

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2012, 03:35:03 pm »

Ugh, my mind was not ready for the transition from serious-thought 25 person mafia, to the silly RVS-beginnings of a new game.

Perhaps you need to clear your head a bit. Obliviate!: shraeye
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2012, 03:35:20 pm »

Ugh, I want to put a frustration-vote on either watno for saying "I read his posts, thank you. However, the things you pointed out are talking about fluff" and "To me, fluff = flavor. Feel free to tell me otherwise, wiki.mafiascum doesn't say anything."

or insomniac for saying "He doesn't admit knowledge of neo. He admits to knowing that there is a townie that should be protected." when I was only trying to reference the above-average-powerful-town-player with the shorthand neo, since Galz already said that "Neo is the one" fits that knowledge well. (in #184)

I'm going to breathe for a moment, remember that my vote is currently on Frisk for making a snappy vote on Eevee (after which he has pretty much disappeared), and realize that I'm happy keeping it there.  The sarcasm I totally missed the first time around, but to show up, be silly and leave is more of a problem than to simply be too busy to start up at all (like Voltaire).  I want both of them to start saying things!

My vote on Voltaire is NOT RVS.

Galz talked about knowing someone with strong powers who it would be in towns best interest to protect. he said that neo could be that person not that neo is that person, we do not know if neO is in the game, if he is in the game we don't know if he's town, furthermore if he is in the game we don't know if he is super powered. Deliberately referring to the person as neo is a good way to give misinformation to the town turning the information that galz decided to share into faulty information by equating the two perhaps causing townies to forget the real information.

all that to say heavy FoS to shraeye, for ambiguously combining neo and galz's information and then wanting to vote me for mentioning the ambiguity.

Flavour aside does anyone think that we might get flavour during the night in the form of "dreams"?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

Yeah that whispering business is weird. If it's a soft claim, will pushing it help is? (If shraeye is town, he isn't going to reveal his role (probably) and we'll just force a townie to lie.) I (once again..) missed it the first time around, thought it was just a weird choice of words or an idiom or something. Idk, for the record this doesn't read towny to me like Robz's weird business, but to be fair shraeye always seems suspicious and weird to me.

Vote: Eevee.  Points out pushing it is anti-town while asking if we should push it.  As he clearly realized it's anti-town, he probably shouldn't have brought it up.  Also, slight OMGUS.

There was a bit of Eevee scramble a few pages back, too:

I don't think Robz plays scum the way most people play scum.
Sure, but I'm trying to sew these small bits of information/read together to form the big picture. I certainly think "hum, that's something town usually does" is worth noting. Like the slight town read on Frisk for RVS'ing Ins, and the slight raise of the eyebrow at Jorbles for posting "content" I already posted. When I post about something little and call it a "read", it doesn't mean that's my full take on that person. Just to make this clear.

Eevee is generally a calm, collected player.  This seemed a bit too clumsy for him.  He's not one to have to "make this clear" often.  Also, a bit of OMGUS.

I think the numbers/Neo thing is important, and at least one of us knows why, but it isn't me.  In fact, I think numbers will play a larger role in this game than we even are thinking at the moment.  That's the vibe I get from that flavor in the opening post.

I will add to the town reads on Robz for now, but man, I can't trust that guy.  I don't think the random HP spells are anything more than silliness, though.

PPE:  Anyone have any white rabbits?  That was a big Matrix breadcrumb to follow.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2012, 03:59:13 pm »

I'm all for Vote: Voltaire. Let's actually lynch a lurker for once instead of just talking about it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2012, 04:03:49 pm »

I'm all for Vote: Voltaire. Let's actually lynch a lurker for once instead of just talking about it.

I'm on board for this, but later in d1. Maybe on Friday. I think at the moment the pressure the 4 of you are providing is more than enough. Let's not rush into n1 when we don't have to.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2012, 05:46:00 pm »

ashersky, I appreciate the post! It's a real case and everything, if a little OMGUS'y. Certainly counts as participation, so Unvote. Vote: archetype next, my vote seems to bring people back from the land of lurk.

I think your'd deserve a rebuttal, I just don't know what to write in one.. expect that I'm town? I don't know about composed and calm, you "met" me in my brightest mafia moment ever. I usually.. don't do as well as I did in mafia X. The reason I wanted to "make it clear" was that it seemed people misunderstood what I meant when I said "xxx reads zzz to me", universally in mafia games it's not my complete view on that person, just a small note of something that caught my eye.

Hmm, Jot's position in the V wagon looks quite scummy when combined with that reason for voting. Sure you don't want the V lynch to go through before he even gets here? That's where I'd expect scum to park their vote in if V was town and they wanted to push his lynch and blame it on his lurking tomorrow. That's obviously assuming that V is town or at least not mafia and that a big chunk of Joth's team isn't on the wagon already.. too many if's without a flip I guess, ugh day 1.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2012, 05:53:28 pm »

while i'm certainly not against lynching lurkers, i kinda think totally absent players should be replaced first

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »

while i'm certainly not against lynching lurkers, i kinda think totally absent players should be replaced first
agreed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2012, 06:01:44 pm »

Unvote.

Good response from E, and an even better point on the V wagon.  FoS at all those that joined the wagon so far.  It is one thing to have a prod vote, but driving to lynch so soon seems scummy.  To wit:

I'm on board for this, but later in d1. Maybe on Friday. I think at the moment the pressure the 4 of you are providing is more than enough. Let's not rush into n1 when we don't have to.

Joth vote : Jorbles response :: scummy : townie
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:38 pm »

Hmm, Jot's position in the V wagon looks quite scummy when combined with that reason for voting. Sure you don't want the V lynch to go through before he even gets here? That's where I'd expect scum to park their vote in if V was town and they wanted to push his lynch and blame it on his lurking tomorrow. That's obviously assuming that V is town or at least not mafia and that a big chunk of Joth's team isn't on the wagon already.. too many if's without a flip I guess, ugh day 1.

I don't know how much we can count on there being a single scum team. eHalc said in his initial post that "0/4 Dementors have been defeated". Even if we think we're in the Matrix doesn't a 4 Person scum team seem large in a 15 person game? It seems more likely that scum will be in either a 3/1 breakdown with a SK and a scum team or in a 2/2 breakdown, with two scum teams. The reason I point this out is that you seem to be assuming that if Joth is scum he would know who all the other scum are, but I don't actually think that's likely. If we go through N1 with only a single death I will be shocked.

That said parking a vote on Voltaire does seem a little scummy because it's so easily justifiable, but looking at the voters the meta supports it. To the best of my memory they're all people who have repeatedly expressed frustration with our permissiveness w.r.t. bad town play, such as lurking. You are right in that it seems like a safe scum play, in fact it's exactly how I started my play in MX (as scum) voting for the lurkers like you are Eevee *raises eyebrows*. I don't think we can read too much into it yet, though. As it stands I don't have a strong enough read on anyone to lynch, but if Voltaire doesn't turn up, or turns up and then immediately disappears again I would support this lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2012, 06:11:23 pm »

Expecto Patronum!: Jorbles

If he's a Dementor, that should get him.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2012, 06:11:35 pm »

Unvote.

Good response from E, and an even better point on the V wagon.  FoS at all those that joined the wagon so far.  It is one thing to have a prod vote, but driving to lynch so soon seems scummy.  To wit:

Joth vote : Jorbles response :: scummy : townie

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Him getting 4 votes for pressure to get him in here and participating is not "rushing to a lynch". I absolutely stand by my vote and find it incredibly suspicious that people would unvote without having received a response from V himself.

I personally get a very town vibe from Joth, and an anti-town vibe from those opposed to pressuring V into joining in the game.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2012, 06:12:52 pm »

My votes are to prod people to get here, seems to work. :) Shouldn't maybe tell it's just a prod though, shoot.

I don't think one 4 man scum team in a 15 player town is very unreasonable at all, but obviously it's possible we are dealing with something else.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.