Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 231532 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2012, 02:28:09 pm »

I disagree. Town power comes from knowledge, and this game was based on flavor. I believe going as far as we can to decipher and collect as much meaning as possible from said flavor will only benefit town. How? We may not know yet. But eHal made it clear that it would be important, and anybody who followed RMM-I closely knows that when he writes flavor, he does so with a direct purpose. I think we would ignore it at our own risk.

What I mean is that we don't have enough information to decipher what he means yet, but on later days this flavour will become relevant.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2012, 02:31:47 pm »

The title of the game is "Read the Freaking Flavor". So presumably the flavor matters. I *hope* that eHalc didn't put all that in as just a distraction, that would be annoying. And it would make no sense to put something like that in the opening post and have deciphering it help mafia and not town...

I'm not sure how to connect the flavor to a lynch candidate yet, though. Neo is obvtown?

Vote: Cypher how many to lynch somebody who isn't in the game?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:27 pm »

The title of the game is "Read the Freaking Flavor". So presumably the flavor matters. I *hope* that eHalc didn't put all that in as just a distraction, that would be annoying. And it would make no sense to put something like that in the opening post and have deciphering it help mafia and not town...

I'm not sure how to connect the flavor to a lynch candidate yet, though. Neo is obvtown?

My way of interpreting Neo is the one is that he is the Serial Killer. The only faction that has a single person in it.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

My way of interpreting Neo is the one is that he is the Serial Killer. The only faction that has a single person in it.

That's possible, but it seems more likely to me that he is town and we get from benefit from protecting him. Possibly we are hindered in some way if he dies? Or alternately maybe he can't be NKed, which would fit with the movie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2012, 02:49:52 pm »

So we are assuming Neo is one of us players in the game then?

@Galzria
I agree with Ins here. Flavor is going to matter, yes, but probably a little later than day 1.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2012, 02:50:11 pm »

Vote: Insomniac for wanting to kill humanities savior?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2012, 02:55:47 pm »

Oh boy oh boy!
Vote:Frisk

For 3 reasons
1) Always scum
2) OMGUS
3) ZM3 requires Frisk die

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »

I disagree. Town power comes from knowledge, and this game was based on flavor. I believe going as far as we can to decipher and collect as much meaning as possible from said flavor will only benefit town. How? We may not know yet. But eHal made it clear that it would be important, and anybody who followed RMM-I closely knows that when he writes flavor, he does so with a direct purpose. I think we would ignore it at our own risk.
Oh, so eHalc did RMM-I as well?  Can somebody catch me up to speed with their take on his flavor and how it affected the game.  That would be a good primer for me and others who aren't familiar with RMMI.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2012, 02:56:52 pm »

Oh boy oh boy!

For 3 reasons
1) Always scum
2) OMGUS
Which variation on OMGUS is reason 2? Could you please specify, thanks.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

Actually, I do know that there is an above average powerful town player in this game (don't know who though), and that it will very much be in the Towns interest to protect them. So "Neo is the one." Fits that well. My point is, we should tread carefully, and pay very close attention to the flavor - even now.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2012, 02:59:01 pm »

Oh boy oh boy!

For 3 reasons
1) Always scum
2) OMGUS

Obviously the Majourity Genuinely think Your Scum

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »

Oh boy oh boy!

For 3 reasons
1) Always scum
2) OMGUS

Additionally I think trying to give new meanings to the acronym is stupid and its a useful acronym for a reason.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2012, 03:08:16 pm »

Sad how discussion of flavor turns into rolefishing :( Galz, you didn't need to reveal that info!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »

Oh boy oh boy!

For 3 reasons
1) Always scum
2) OMGUS

Obviously the Majority Genuinely think Your Scum

FTFY

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2012, 03:13:30 pm »

Mild town read on Frisk, he must know by now that voting Ins pretty much always results in him voting back, and in my experience scum Frisk would want to avoid the attention rather than risk getting a bunch of RVS votes. Implies he doesn't care that much about being suspected, which always reads towny to me.

Actually, now that I started thinking about it, are we doing RVS wrong? It seems to me we always end up pressuring the same guys (hi robz), and others (like myself) always skate through it completely unsuspected. I've always been town and maybe that somehow shows, but our terrible day1 lynch record begs to differ. I dont know, just a thought, maybe we should actively try to pressure the less confrontational guys more and cut the usual suspects some slack?

@Galzria
While interesting (and it helps us to stop the useless speculation, seems Neo is indeed a person), maybe that info would have been better left hidden? Don't see how it benefits us to know we have a superhuman in our midst, but scum can maybe somehow identify him? Idk, like they know not to shoot you because they know you are not Neo? We had this long theory-talk about hiders in (the ongoing) waffle-mafia, and what do you know, Eevee the hider somehow died at night.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2012, 03:16:06 pm »

Actually, now that I started thinking about it, are we doing RVS wrong? It seems to me we always end up pressuring the same guys (hi robz), and others (like myself) always skate through it completely unsuspected. I've always been town and maybe that somehow shows, but our terrible day1 lynch record begs to differ. I dont know, just a thought, maybe we should actively try to pressure the less confrontational guys more and cut the usual suspects some slack?

Vote: Eevee for his marvelous suggestion.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2012, 03:21:59 pm »

I'd really like to put an end to the we have a horrible day 1 record nonsense because it is in fact nonsense.

The fact of the matter is the day 1 lynch isn't about hitting scum it's great if you do sure, but the fact of the matter is the day 1 lynch is about information and as long as you get information from the lynch and night kill day 1 has done its job. Sure it sucks to be that townie getting lynched for information but guess what that is part of the game.

You can say we have a terrible day 1 record all you want, the fact of the matter is that on dominion strategy town and mafia have about the right records that they should have for playing mafia. (about 50/50 with TOWN having a slight edge)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »

Nice job deciphering.
Some tries: Neo, get us out of here
Clean Hufflepuff Common Room

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2012, 03:29:59 pm »

Nice job deciphering.
Some tries: Neo, get us out of here
Clean Hufflepuff Common Room

Softclaim Hufflepuff?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »

Actually, I have no issue with revealing that, otherwise I wouldn't have. Scum likely already guessed at the existence of such a character - if they didn't flat out know already - by virtue of the flavor. It's rather common that they have a better understanding of what's going on than town. By making that a public statement, all it does is level the playing field some for what the town knows. It doesn't help identify the person, but it gives the town solid footing to know that this flavor isn't a wild-goose hunt.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »

Oh boy oh boy!

For 3 reasons
1) Always scum
2) OMGUS

This Majourity of which you speak.  I wonder if I can trust them?

Vote: Eevee for his marvelous suggestion.
Ah, yes.  Now I do trust the Majourity.
vote: Frisk
I don't understand your problem with eevee's suggestion.  Insom is right that day1 lynches are less about hitting scum and more about learning things.  But Eevee's suggestion to switch up our normal play isn't a terrible one, and it certainly didn't deserve a vote in my book.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2012, 03:39:20 pm »

His suggestion is that we drive suspicion on someone new - like him!  I am voting for him because he asked us to!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2012, 03:56:22 pm »

There is no spoon.

That's my try, anyway.  I like the matrixed Hogwarts idea.  Quidditch got a mention, maybe we can catch the golden snitch and win!

(Note: iPad autocorrect for snitch is hilariously bad.)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2012, 04:08:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

ashersky (1): Robz888
Captain_Frisk (2): Insomniac, shraeye
Dsell (1): jotheonah
Eevee (1): Captain_Frisk
jotheonah (1): Dsell
Robz888 (2): ashersky, Galzria

Not voting (7): Archetype, cayvie, Eevee, ftl, Jorbles, Voltaire, Watno

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lynch deadline: Monday, October 8, 5:00pm MDT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

There is no Spoon...

But there are Cookies! *Gives everybody a cookie*

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.