Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23  All

Author Topic: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 62592 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2020, 08:50:02 am »

Am I remembering correctly that gkrieg usually scumreads faust (when he isn't scumreading me and vice versa?)?

I would say the four people I'm best at reading is faust, Space, you, and LaLight.

Wanna make a deal? You don't scumread me this game, and I join you in being super-suspicious of faust.
If you team up with gkrieg then I'll team up with ADK!

Are you implying that a you-ADK team would be scumreading me or something? I think they were scumreading me last game partly because I wasn't good enough at hiding that I was a PR and therefore anxious about staying alive, so that was kind of valid, if a bit annoying. I'm all for people teaming up to cooperate on scrutiny, as long as everyone keeps thinking for themselves too, in case their favourite collaborators happen to be scum. I just don't trust you in particular right now because evil!you is too sneaky.

I doubt that I'm anyone's favorite collaborator. I also don't feel like faust is being serious
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2020, 09:29:57 am »

Woooo it’s good to be back.

Vote: faust For wagon building!
Would make more sense to join the biggest wagon, just sayin'.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2020, 10:25:47 am »

Am I remembering correctly that gkrieg usually scumreads faust (when he isn't scumreading me and vice versa?)?

I would say the four people I'm best at reading is faust, Space, you, and LaLight.

Wanna make a deal? You don't scumread me this game, and I join you in being super-suspicious of faust.

Team Spacekrieg to the rescue!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2020, 10:26:52 am »

Robz hasn't ever been great at reads, imo. His best mafia talents are persuasion and subterfuge. He really excels there. Should I have said something? It seemed rude.

This would've been a great conversation for the other game's D1, but not this one. I still regret not having started it.
You could start a conversation about Raptor's reads instead!

This is the exact moving the game forward that faust does as scum, but it is very hard for people to call him scum for it, because it helps town and then you look anti-town for saying faust is scummy for doing something townie.  vote: faust
But what do I do as town?

I think you are less likely to do overtly town things as town.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2020, 05:03:34 pm »

Hey everybody! Sorry, it’s deer season so I spent all yesterday in the woods forgetting that the game had started. Welcome back gkrieg and congrats!

Vote: LL
It’s good to be able to actually do that again lol.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2020, 08:00:28 pm »

Interesting deal: do you think faust deserves you being super-suspicious of them right now?

how about vote: Space then

Hmm what?

Woooo it’s good to be back.

Vote: faust For wagon building!

Why are you voting faust? This explanation isn't satisfactory.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »

Townread on mix, which means he's probably scum
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2020, 11:16:00 pm »

vote: mcmc. I thought the faust vote was a little weird, too. You don't need a reason if it's RVS, and if it's not RVS, it's pretty early to be sheeping.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2020, 11:47:09 pm »

vote: mcmc. I thought the faust vote was a little weird, too. You don't need a reason if it's RVS, and if it's not RVS, it's pretty early to be sheeping.

Never too early to sheep or to wagon build huzzah
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2020, 03:11:11 am »

Robz hasn't ever been great at reads, imo. His best mafia talents are persuasion and subterfuge. He really excels there. Should I have said something? It seemed rude.

This would've been a great conversation for the other game's D1, but not this one. I still regret not having started it.

This is the exact moving the game forward that faust does as scum, but it is very hard for people to call him scum for it, because it helps town and then you look anti-town for saying faust is scummy for doing something townie.  vote: faust

I feel like I should be offended. What is an "overtly town thing"? Are you calling me a bad town player?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2020, 03:47:02 am »

I hope that this is gonna be the catchphrase of 2021.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2020, 04:35:18 pm »

Interesting deal: do you think faust deserves you being super-suspicious of them right now?

O, absolutely! I mean, you were actually there last game to see scum!faust being super-tricksy. I won't trust him as far as I could throw him this game, even if he does turn out to be really townie.

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »

Yes please!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2020, 07:22:10 pm »

Howdy friends.... well, the good news is that I survived the wilderness. And looks like I didn’t miss much.

faust IS tricksy! What a perfect descriptor. But also gives me hope about the hopeful theme of 2021.

ADK, I said I was turning over a new leaf! Let’s coalition-build!

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2020, 08:10:38 pm »

I feel like I should be offended. What is an "overtly town thing"? Are you calling me a bad town player?

I read that as saying something more like you don’t play like Obvious Towny McTown in such a way that you are above early suspicion. This helps your survival rate since scum isn’t quite as pressured to NK you N1 since they can always try to argue living!faust is scum!faust. This makes you a better town player, because when you’re town, it’s better for you to be alive later in the game rather than out early, generally speaking.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2020, 08:11:14 pm »

Indeed

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2020, 10:43:49 pm »

Howdy friends.... well, the good news is that I survived the wilderness. And looks like I didn’t miss much.

faust IS tricksy! What a perfect descriptor. But also gives me hope about the hopeful theme of 2021.

You know what, sure

I read that as saying something more like you don’t play like Obvious Towny McTown in such a way that you are above early suspicion. This helps your survival rate since scum isn’t quite as pressured to NK you N1 since they can always try to argue living!faust is scum!faust. This makes you a better town player, because when you’re town, it’s better for you to be alive later in the game rather than out early, generally speaking.

What makes you think that was gkrieg's thought process?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2020, 02:31:33 am »

[/quote]
I mean, that is a wrong perception though. I might try to stay alive if I'm some important PR, but otherwise the optimal play is to be as towny as possible, exile as much scum as possible, draw the nightkill as early as possible. Trying to stay alive for the sake of it is anti-town. I really don't think my, or frankly anyone's, town game is so much above the fray that it's better for them to hamper their early game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2020, 02:41:38 am »

Sorry about the quotefail.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2020, 04:44:32 am »

I mean, that is a wrong perception though. I might try to stay alive if I'm some important PR, but otherwise the optimal play is to be as towny as possible, exile as much scum as possible, draw the nightkill as early as possible. Trying to stay alive for the sake of it is anti-town. I really don't think my, or frankly anyone's, town game is so much above the fray that it's better for them to hamper their early game.
[/quote]

as I understand it: you know what is considered townie. when you're town, you don't care, you scumhunt more than try to look town, when you're scum, you're trying to look town and make things most people consider town things. Another vivid examples of people doing exactly that are Awaclus and MiX
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2020, 05:10:21 am »

wow, not playing mafia really influenced my level of english (not that's why I'm back (not that it's not))
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2020, 07:39:13 am »

as I understand it: you know what is considered townie. when you're town, you don't care, you scumhunt more than try to look town, when you're scum, you're trying to look town and make things most people consider town things. Another vivid examples of people doing exactly that are Awaclus and MiX
This is all well and nice textual analysis but it's all a bit pointless if gkrieg doesn't answer himself. I am not really interested in further discussing things gkrieg might have meant.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2020, 08:14:51 am »

Never too early to sheep or to wagon build huzzah

Aren't you the only one on faust's wagon by now? Besides, I checked, and there was only 1 vote on faust when you voted.

O, absolutely! I mean, you were actually there last game to see scum!faust being super-tricksy. I won't trust him as far as I could throw him this game, even if he does turn out to be really townie.

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)

Okay, but why? It feels like you said "yes" very enthusiastically but you didn't give a (good) reason. Is it just because faust is faust then, and nothing about this particular game?

Personally I think it's kinda futile to be suspicious of faust D1. You can keep him in your scumreads, but being suspicious of him isn't going to be very productive.

Wait why did you mention ADK all of the sudden?

This is all well and nice textual analysis but it's all a bit pointless if gkrieg doesn't answer himself. I am not really interested in further discussing things gkrieg might have meant.

Isn't your own first response to this also pointless then? People like to do analysis, it's fun, even if useless.

This game is weird. Looking forward for mcmc to explain what he's doing this game, and for Galzria to actually vote people.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2020, 08:25:16 am »

It wasn’t all of a sudden. It just seemed that way because I was gone for a bit, but I was actually returning to something I’d said earlier.

But that really seems neither here nor there in the big scheme.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2020, 09:08:24 am »

Isn't your own first response to this also pointless then? People like to do analysis, it's fun, even if useless.
Yes it is. Sometimes I can't control myself :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 19 queries.