Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 233394 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 3 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #1025 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

Yes, take cayvie. She's one of my strongest town reads in this game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 30, 2012, 03:20:46 pm »

2) I'm cool being taken too. Young Witch is barely a protown role as is--it mostly just daypunches a random person.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, and I wish +1s were still in this forum.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:10 pm »

2) I'm cool being taken too. Young Witch is barely a protown role as is--it mostly just daypunches a random person.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, and I wish +1s were still in this forum.

Agreed, the only thing that would have made it better would be if she said that she was daypunching people in the funsockets - which then would have opened us up for rrenaud's law.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 30, 2012, 03:24:40 pm »

Agreed, the only thing that would have made it better would be if she said that she was daypunching people in the funsockets - which then would have opened us up for rrenaud's law.

Nice one Frisk... 42 pages

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 30, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

1) Yes, I can confirm that Axxle was the third Black Market.

While its true that your role isn't exactly protown - in that if you use it on whoever we are lynching it doens't matter - because they will die anyway, if you get on early, you can get a ton of vp and at least get your own.

You can also potentially use it to day punch confirmed scum who is near the edge...

For example, lets say we managed to confirm timchen as scum @ -9... you can get us 2 scum kills in 1 day.  It just isn't very useful right now.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 30, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »

1) Yes, I can confirm that Axxle was the third Black Market.

While its true that your role isn't exactly protown - in that if you use it on whoever we are lynching it doens't matter - because they will die anyway, if you get on early, you can get a ton of vp and at least get your own.

You can also potentially use it to day punch confirmed scum who is near the edge...

For example, lets say we managed to confirm timchen as scum @ -9... you can get us 2 scum kills in 1 day.  It just isn't very useful right now.

Well, yeah.

All I'm saying is, it's pretty dang weak for a protown role.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35:03 pm »

cayvie gets taken by Galz and then... and then what?  Apparently, she can't reveal anything in the PM she gets.  So what can she do?

Is the idea that she can confirm/deny whether Robz and Axxle are being truthful when they say Galz is not deck-aligned?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 30, 2012, 03:51:28 pm »

Well this is bizarre... I don't know a lot about Galz' role, but I do know one thing: I get something special if an Ironworks tries to gain me. I presume from this that Cayvie and/or Axxle have some special unique thing in their role, and/or one of them was curse to balance this (This chain of thought is entirely logical, but I can't explain why. Cayvie and Axxle can probably work it out, though). I don't know what the thing I get is. I didn't know what Ironworks does. Last night as my role I chose Wishing Well and wished for Ironworks, hoping to use it on myself (and was disappointed to find it was target any other player... I targeted Axxle, which apparently would have had no effect...).

In short, Galz, you should probably target me. I'm gonna guess I'll be immune to having my role stolen, but if it is, I get something different in return? I dunno...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 30, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »

I am just going to throw this out there for discussion...

If cayvie isn't deck aligned and he have Galz take her what are our concerns?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 30, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »

I am just going to throw this out there for discussion...

If cayvie isn't deck aligned and he have Galz take her what are our concerns?
Well.. for one, Galzria would have removed a curse from the game? Isnt that how his role is supposed to help town?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 30, 2012, 04:38:40 pm »

Well this is bizarre... I don't know a lot about Galz' role, but I do know one thing: I get something special if an Ironworks tries to gain me. I presume from this that Cayvie and/or Axxle have some special unique thing in their role, and/or one of them was curse to balance this (This chain of thought is entirely logical, but I can't explain why. Cayvie and Axxle can probably work it out, though). I don't know what the thing I get is. I didn't know what Ironworks does. Last night as my role I chose Wishing Well and wished for Ironworks, hoping to use it on myself (and was disappointed to find it was target any other player... I targeted Axxle, which apparently would have had no effect...).

In short, Galz, you should probably target me. I'm gonna guess I'll be immune to having my role stolen, but if it is, I get something different in return? I dunno...

I didn't have any special unique ability when I was a Black Market. Nor was I curse-aligned.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 30, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »

You used wishing well wrong.  You were supposed to say a role, not a player.

And yes I am the third and final Black Market.  I'm glad Tables and Cayvie didn't out me when they had their spat earlier.  None of us are guaranteed to be deck aligned, but I can confirm that I was on Days 1 and 2.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 30, 2012, 07:41:44 pm »

cayvie claims she didn't have any special "if Card X targets you than Y happens" powers.  Tables claims he does (re: Ironworks).  Axxle, do/did you have any such power?

I am still not clear on how Galzria's taking cayvie is going to confirm to the town he (Galz) is deck-aligned.  Can someone explain the plan to me?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 30, 2012, 07:49:59 pm »

cayvie claims she didn't have any special "if Card X targets you than Y happens" powers.  Tables claims he does (re: Ironworks).  Axxle, do/did you have any such power?

I am still not clear on how Galzria's taking cayvie is going to confirm to the town he (Galz) is deck-aligned.  Can someone explain the plan to me?
I did have a special clause but it doesn't have anything to do with targeting.  It was just another way to get modkilled.  yay.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 30, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »

This game is makin me craaazy. I kinda feel like we got a freebie in terms of Axxle and Robz discovering that Galz isn't deck-aligned. I cannot shake the feeling that we are overthinking things here, but then I DO sortof buy what Galz says. His role does not sound believable but HE does. Sort of.

I'm still really bothered by Eevee and I think he must be loving that the heat has moved far away from him.

In terms of more traditional scumhunting, I am still suspicious of Voltgloss and insomniac (and cayvie? I can't seem to get a read on her) for pushing Grujah's wagon so hard after he seemed really town to me.

I'm not sure which direction I should pursue. I feel like I absolutely cannot ignore the situation surrounding Galz though, and I wish Axxle could shed more light on the situation. I would still say I'm near voting for Galz.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 30, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »

@Volt The idea was: Galz grabs someone we all trust. And then that person gives us an opinion we can trust about what to do about that whole situation. It wasn't a perfect plan.

This doesn't add up. Galz can capture people, but those people are informed that Galz is non-town, and they aren't banned from telling town? What a bastard power. How would that ever work for Galz's wincon, whatever it is?

Much more likely to me that the "Galz is not town" part is the only fabrication. Robz and Axxle want out - want their powers or wincon or whatever back, they think killing Galz accomplishes that, so they've told us Galz is not town so we'll kill him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 30, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »

@Volt The idea was: Galz grabs someone we all trust. And then that person gives us an opinion we can trust about what to do about that whole situation. It wasn't a perfect plan.

This doesn't add up. Galz can capture people, but those people are informed that Galz is non-town, and they aren't banned from telling town? What a bastard power. How would that ever work for Galz's wincon, whatever it is?

Much more likely to me that the "Galz is not town" part is the only fabrication. Robz and Axxle want out - want their powers or wincon or whatever back, they think killing Galz accomplishes that, so they've told us Galz is not town so we'll kill him.

Which sending cayvie to Galz won't accomplish anything... I think Galz has said he has no idea what is in the PM to the people he captures...

I think the only way to 100% find out what alignment Galz is is to lynch him, but is that the right plan. At this point I think it is. But is it the best plan right now? Or are there better people to lynch? Timchen? Eevee? Lekkit?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 30, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »

Oh.

I bet there's some sort of cult thing going on here. Cmon, think about it; Galz targets people and they lose their abilities and aren't sure whether he's protown or not.

she/her

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:12 pm »

Timchen and galz are both valid policy lunches. Timchen lied to us repeatedly, galz has been called scum by two different people

Axle - what causes you to think he is scum?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 30, 2012, 09:20:36 pm »

Axle / robz.

How many rules does your fight club have? 

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 30, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »

I am really confused about the suspicion on Lekkit. Where is that case? Because he's played like mafia? In what way? I haven't gotten a super town read on him (this is his first game, right? I haven't followed any others he's been in) but neither does he seem very suspicious at ALL when we have things like proven liars and opposing roleclaims to deal with.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 30, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »

How on earth is Galz a policy lynch? It's more like a "deck got a lucky break" lynch, seemingly. He is defending himself well. Or at least sowing a lot of confusion before his lynch.

I just realized I'm using mafia/cursers and town/deck interchangeably. I don't think I'm the only one but sorry if that's confusing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 30, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »

Galzria would be a terrible policy lynch. Terrible!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 30, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »

I am really confused about the suspicion on Lekkit. Where is that case? Because he's played like mafia? In what way? I haven't gotten a super town read on him (this is his first game, right? I haven't followed any others he's been in) but neither does he seem very suspicious at ALL when we have things like proven liars and opposing roleclaims to deal with.

Eevee pseudo-accused a list of 4 people based on a night action (the sort of thing that makes scum nervous, because they can't defend against it with a silver tongue alone. And Lekkit was the only one of the four who jumped in to discredit Eevee's role claim and Eevee in general.

It's not a lot to go on, but it seemed good enough for day 1 to me.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 30, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »

ahhhhhh there as meant to be a close parenthese in there. )

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.