Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 233397 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 3 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #750 on: July 26, 2012, 10:58:53 pm »

Okay. I understand your tracking, but unfortunately your tracking is anti-town. That is why I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary. (Sadly if you are also deck we are playing into a massclaim)

I am a deck-aligned ambassador. My ability is that if my VP is in the negatives at night I can clear 0-2 -VP from myself and give another player -2 VP. Or if my VP is zero or in the positives I can gain 1VP.

In the first case I cannot choose not to give -2 VP if I want to clear my own -VP. First night I cleared -1VP (effectively +1 VP) and gave Voltgloss -2 VP. Last night I again cleared -1 VP and gave Cayvie -2 VP.

I view my role as sort of half a vig. My original wish is just to use my ability when my VP is positive. And be a hideous vig when necessary. Evidently that plan didn't work out. I am willing to be lynched at this point but I believe there are better things to do for the deck.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 26, 2012, 11:02:51 pm »

Alright, we seem to be getting some progress...

I will unvote: cayvie because her story of Lekkit targeting Voltgloss fits with what I know about embargo. You see I am the embargo. And I know that people who target the embargoed player get -1 VP day or night. I am suspicious of Lekkit targeting Voltgloss... for what purpose?

At the same time, C_Frisk, your neck is on the line (mine could be as well, I suppose) if timchen flips deck.

vote: timchen

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 26, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

If he has lied to us twice as deck - well then go ahead and lynch me, I don't want to play mafia anymore.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 26, 2012, 11:07:06 pm »

Oh, and I can now fully explain my no-lynch lie d1. As you can see I subconsciously want to replace my hidden ability with something else. Another bad choice there.

P-edit: sorry frisk I indeed did. Please don't stop playing because of me!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 2 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #754 on: July 26, 2012, 11:12:22 pm »

We do have a place to look at scumhunting, who voted Grujah. We don't know his alignment, but we know a bandwagon started.

As for my VPs, I know why I got as many as I did. In fact, I should have gotten more. It's possible, although very unlikely, that I'll get similar numbers tonight. I might even hurt myself VP wise.

I think it's worth pointing out... this is a 16 player game, with a relatively weak mafia (4 men is meh, no kill is bad). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a serial killer, or some other kind of 3rd party (Heck, I discounted it yesterday, but plausibly, there could be a cult, considering no deaths and only one major -Vp award last night (=> no SK))

Tables: you didn't happen to find out if any new members were added to the Black Market when I left, did you?

Added in to Tables' claim, care to expand you two? Who else is in your cult/3rd party? What ate your wincons?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 26, 2012, 11:13:13 pm »

Ahem* ARE, not ATE.  8)

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 26, 2012, 11:13:33 pm »

We have no private communication abilities.

We explicitly do not know each others' alignments.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:21 am »

whoa CRAZY happenings.

does anyone want to summarize all the roles that just got claimed?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 27, 2012, 12:26:15 am »

yuma: embargo
Tables: Black Market
Timchen: Ambassador
C-Frisk: something with tracking ability
cayvie: Young Witch, Spy? I am a little confused here.... an explanation would be good.

I think that is all

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 27, 2012, 12:28:22 am »

cayvie has claimed that she is black market - but chose the spy ability - who tracked theo who targeted Voltgloss?  However - she now claims that she is a Young Witch - which we will be able to validate after the next vote count - as tim should now be 2 VP lighter.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 27, 2012, 12:29:51 am »

cayvie was black market, but is now young witch. Grujah's ability that was in the trash has become masquerade.  Evidently someone has shuffled some roles around.  Whoever started the game as a Masquerade, I suspect, is now a Black Market, which is a role that (again, guesswork) allows you to pick from a pool of roles not in the game, including Spy (and something that doublevotes - bureacrat? gevernor?)

My, we certianly have learned a lot.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 27, 2012, 12:33:42 am »

cayvie was black market, but is now young witch. Grujah's ability that was in the trash has become masquerade.  Evidently someone has shuffled some roles around.  Whoever started the game as a Masquerade, I suspect, is now a Black Market, which is a role that (again, guesswork) allows you to pick from a pool of roles not in the game, including Spy (and something that doublevotes - bureacrat? gevernor?)

Double votes, AND gains VP....

Nobles? 2 actions + VP?

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:19 am »

cayvie has claimed that she is black market - but chose the spy ability - who tracked theo who targeted Voltgloss?  However - she now claims that she is a Young Witch - which we will be able to validate after the next vote count - as tim should now be 2 VP lighter.

Ok, thanks, except I think she tracked Lekkit who targeted volt, not theo. You said theo targeted cayvie?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:58 am »

Ok, thanks, except I think she tracked Lekkit who targeted volt, not theo. You said theo targeted cayvie?
sorry timchen targeted cayvie...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:17 am »

Nobles? 2 actions + VP?

Nobles sounds legit. Good thinking.

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:45 am »

Nobles? 2 actions + VP?

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 27, 2012, 12:53:44 am »

cayvie, timchen, Tables, yuma... the roleclaims are flying thick and fast.

But let's not let that obfuscate the known lies.  And, in particular, the known NEW lies.

timchen.  You claim now that, during Night 1, you cleared -1 VP from yourself and targeted me to assign -2 VP. 

But I was Embargoed that night, and according to yuma, that means you should have received another -1 VP for targeting me that night.  In other words: you clear yourself to 0 VP, you target me to give me -2 VP, and then because of the Embargo, you should have gone right back to -1 VP again.  And yet... you started Day 2 with a clean slate of 0 VP.

Either you are lying, or yuma is lying.  Given your history of lying - starting with your VERY FIRST POST AFTER THE GAME STARTED - I'm inclined to think it's you.

Vote: timchen

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:23 am »

cayvie, timchen, Tables, yuma... the roleclaims are flying thick and fast.

But let's not let that obfuscate the known lies.  And, in particular, the known NEW lies.

timchen.  You claim now that, during Night 1, you cleared -1 VP from yourself and targeted me to assign -2 VP. 

But I was Embargoed that night, and according to yuma, that means you should have received another -1 VP for targeting me that night.  In other words: you clear yourself to 0 VP, you target me to give me -2 VP, and then because of the Embargo, you should have gone right back to -1 VP again.  And yet... you started Day 2 with a clean slate of 0 VP.

Either you are lying, or yuma is lying.  Given your history of lying - starting with your VERY FIRST POST AFTER THE GAME STARTED - I'm inclined to think it's you.

Vote: timchen

I tracked timchen last night.  He targeted cayvie.  I gave him the chance to explain it and he continued to lie.
According to Frisk, timchen targeted cayvie.  According to cayvie, Lekkit targeted volt

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:04 am »

and I should make clear that the embargo stays with the person from Day to Night, so timchen would not have received -1 VP for targeting Volt Night 1. If someone had targeted Axxle Night 1, they would have. And if anyone targets volt tonight or today, they will receive -1 VP.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 27, 2012, 01:03:00 am »

Maybe embargo does not work at night? Indeed, I can only give -VP out when I am in the negatives, so I must receive some -VP somewhere. And I didn't get extra -VP targeting you. Maybe embargo does not work at night? Or someone might have granted me +1 VP. Or maybe our mod miscalculated.

But anyway, I am not hiding anything right now. I agree I probably deserved to be lynched. Bad plan from the start.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 27, 2012, 01:06:09 am »

Alright, we seem to be getting some progress...

I will unvote: cayvie because her story of Lekkit targeting Voltgloss fits with what I know about embargo. You see I am the embargo. And I know that people who target the embargoed player get -1 VP day or night. I am suspicious of Lekkit targeting Voltgloss... for what purpose?

At the same time, C_Frisk, your neck is on the line (mine could be as well, I suppose) if timchen flips deck.

vote: timchen
Vote: yuma
Yuma, why didn't you get -1 vp for targeting Voltgloss with embargo again last night?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 27, 2012, 01:07:47 am »

cayvie is a less interesting topic as this continues.

Quote from: yuma link=topc=3385.msg72165#msg72165 date=1343365264
and I should make clear that the embargo stays with the person from Day to Night, so timchen would not have received -1 VP for targeting Volt Night 1. If someone had targeted Axxle Night 1, they would have. And if anyone targets volt tonight or today, they will receive -1 VP.

Ah, I see.  So scratch the reasoning of my last post re: timchen.

...but.  Wait.  Wait.  timchen's claiming he gave me -2 VP on Night 1.  Because he was clearing negative VP from himself. 

He went into Night 1 with 0 VP.  No negatives to clear. 

My vote stands.

PPE:  Just saw Axxle's question.  It's a good question.  Will wait to see yuma's response before weighing in further.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 27, 2012, 01:21:55 am »

Vote Count 3-2

timchen (4): cayvie, Captain_Frisk, yuma, Voltgloss
yuma (1): Axxle

Not voting (10): Dsell, Eevee, Galzria, Insomniac, jotheonah, Lekkit, Robz888, shark_bait, Tables, timchen

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 9, 5:30pm MDT
(But this is liable to change.  I won't end it early without some warning.)

Point Counter Extension 3.2

3 - Axxle
1 - Captain_Frisk
1 - cayvie
1 - Dsell
0 - Eevee
-3 - Galzria
-1.5 - Insomniac
-1 - jotheonah
-1 - Lekkit
-2 - Robz888
-1 - shark_bait
2 - Tables
-2 - timchen
-5.5 - Voltgloss
-0.5 - yuma

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 27, 2012, 01:55:43 am »

I can clarify that. I asked our mod about that too. So my night action triggers after others'. As long as others give me negative VPs during night, I can return part/all of them.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 27, 2012, 02:10:56 am »

I'm gone from the 27th to the 6th.  I'll be in Japan and then heading over to Colorado for some WW rafting!

I'm sure you all have a lot to discuss, but think about this as well please.  Would you guys like me to look for a replacement?

I would

I need more responses to this.  In my opinion, it is OK to continue with Axxle being away for this period.  If desired, I can extend the day 3 deadline (not that you guys have managed to reach any of the other deadlines so far).

If you guys want a replacement, right now I think the most likely replacements (if they are willing) would be ftl or Grujah2.  Both have access to the spectators QT, but there's nothing major in there.  Not much there at all. :P
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.