Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143565 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #775 on: January 22, 2014, 06:57:19 pm »

So, your response is "bleh, I'm town" ?

Also, if you're town, you should definitely be interested in looking townie.

What else can I say? It isn't like Robz explains how he made that conclusion... if he did I might be able to say more about it. But he didn't.

As I said I am interested in looking townie, but I am far more interested in looking townie based off results rather than people's opinions which I have no control over. Basically see the above.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 22, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »

unvote that was fun and nice to serve a point, but I do prefer eevee, ahoppy and teproc over Robz...

Because you want to buddy him?  Or because he's your scumpartner?

vote: yuma  :D

PPE: 2

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 22, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »

Nor should I given my alignment because even if there is any validity to your logic (which there might be, but I am not too interested in that) the logic arrives at a faulty conclusion so therefore it must be wrong.

That's just so bullheaded and unhelpful. If you're town, not getting mislynched is also very important thing to do in addition to finding who the scum are.

I mean I get what you are saying but you have to understand, those of us who are town know that no-one else trusts us so we have to prove it.

I am not trying to be bullheaded and unhelpful, in fact the opposite of that. I agree not getting mislynched is important. But rather I am not going to filter what I have to say to make myself look more townie... That is unhelpful. But rather that I am confident that given my alignment people 1. should see that I am town based off hopefully getting the correct people lynched and 2. if I do get in hot water I am able to argue and explain my way out of getting mislynched... You must admit that I have a talent for that (I haven't been mislynched as town since MXI--that is like 20+ games....)

Basically I do not fear getting mislynched. I want people to trust me and agree with what I am saying, but I hope that is based more off what I say rather than what I don't say. I don't hold stuff back as town.

Good point.  One I'd expected from scum!yuma almost as much as town!yuma, but I do think scum!yuma doesn't -quite- stick his neck out this close to deadline on D1 as much as you have.

unvote but intent to vote elsewhere when I'm home and settled in ~1 hour.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 22, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »

Good point.  One I'd expected from scum!yuma almost as much as town!yuma, but I do think scum!yuma doesn't -quite- stick his neck out this close to deadline on D1 as much as you have.

unvote but intent to vote elsewhere when I'm home and settled in ~1 hour.

Congrats you just earned yourself an even higher townread from me!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 22, 2014, 07:06:08 pm »

So, your response is "bleh, I'm town" ?

Also, if you're town, you should definitely be interested in looking townie.

What else can I say? It isn't like Robz explains how he made that conclusion... if he did I might be able to say more about it. But he didn't.

Your response seemed like a long-winded way of saying "well, I don't have anything to say about that, but I'm town". Which is a way of appearing to argue/be constructive when you're just stating the obvious. It's not a big deal, but I felt like pointing it out (Voltaire did too apparently).

I disagree about the second part, but that's fine. I actually think that townies are not filtering enough and it's making it easier for anti-town play to be dismissed as "crazy townie" play. To be clear, I'm guilty of this as well, I should probably be more careful about what I post as town, but it's more "work" obviously.

PPE : chairs, what are you doing ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2014, 07:33:43 pm »

I actually think that townies are not filtering enough and it's making it easier for anti-town play to be dismissed as "crazy townie" play. To be clear, I'm guilty of this as well, I should probably be more careful about what I post as town, but it's more "work" obviously.

I agree. I mean... I don't want to sound arrogant or anything and maybe I will, but I think I have "earned" the right to be able to scum hunt. I don't do the "crazy townie" or "anti-play" stuff and that is evidenced by my lack of mislynches. I don't do the stuff that gets people mislynched. I do try new stuff out and sometimes that turns heads, but I don't feel I need to filter because I don't feel I gravitate toward the stuff that hurts town. I think people generally agree... I wouldn't have voted myself to be "best townie" but people did. I think that does say something. No it doesn't give me a free license to do whatever I want, but again, I don't think what I have done here qualifies as "anti-town" or "crazy townie" at all...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:35 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't implying that, just a general point.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't implying that, just a general point.

Fair enough, and I think we got away from the main point which was... it is hard to respond to anything Robz says when his logic misses the point that explains why it is scummy... if he doesn't provide that link all I can say is "you have an opinion... it is wrong because I am town and I don't see anything that I have done to warrant it being seen as scummy."

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 22, 2014, 07:43:32 pm »

So...no more action to an actual lynch?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 22, 2014, 08:01:12 pm »

So...no more action to an actual lynch?

People couldn't seem to decide if they actually wanted to start a wagon on me... So I guess people should either form the wagon or we should move on from the distraction that somehow became me...

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 22, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »

It looked to me like AHoppy and Robz were both viable wagons. Does anyone want to outline why they don't want to see either of those two through?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 22, 2014, 08:13:00 pm »

im very vaguely caught up via phone, and I won't have a chance to
contribute properly until day 2, sadly. I'm glad to see deadline activity and will be commenting on it if I'm alive.

TA isn't a productive place for my vote. I don't like the ahoppy lynch, interestingly as his posting style rarely leaves me at a townread. I'm not loving the Eevee-lynch either, so vote: teproc as an idea. Robz would be a random lynch in my opinion, and I tunnel the man enough with reasons, don't really want to vote for him without any.

I won't be back before the deadline, not even to vote. Sorry my activity was at an all time low all day.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:20 pm »

Ahoppy (4) : chairs, Teproc, scott_pilgrim, Robz
Eevee (3) : Twistedarcher, Jimmmmm, Archetype
Robz (2) : Voltaire, pingpongsam
Teproc (3) : faust, yuma, Eevee
chairs (1) : Ahoppy

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2014, 08:17:11 pm »

chairs is not voting right now.

Anyway, I'm off to bed and won't be here for the deadline. Of the people who have votes right now, the only other one I could see lynching is Robz, but I'd still prefer AHoppy and he looks more viable, so I'll leave my vote here.

PS : Don't lynch me !

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:17 pm »

heh, one more point: do we think scum teproc would mess up his tomorrow by staying up even later if he was scum? I'd estimate his chances of getting lynched drop from 25 to 5 if he just stays online until the lynch and posts reasonable stuff. not enough for me to unvote because I don't like the alternatives, but something to ponder?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »

heh, one more point: do we think scum teproc would mess up his tomorrow by staying up even later if he was scum? I'd estimate his chances of getting lynched drop from 25 to 5 if he just stays online until the lynch and posts reasonable stuff. not enough for me to unvote because I don't like the alternatives, but something to ponder?

I would say that has very little to do with anything. This is a game and sleep is vastly more important than it... at least for me. But actually if I think about it, I would say it has the inverse effect on me, I am less likely to lynch people who aren't around in general due ot claiming and such, that doens't really apply here, but there is something that isn't ideal about lynching someone who hasn't had a full chance to respond to everything against them (I mean I have in the past, but it isn't ideal), but I am certainly not saying Teproc is leaving to gain an advantage... I think he is leaving to go to bed, which he should.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 22, 2014, 08:26:14 pm »

I can see that, but I can also see him deciding to split and hoping hat we just kind of overlook him and say, "Well we cant even get a claim/response out of him" and we look elsewhere. Not sure though.

Yuma, I was disappointed not to even get an acknowledgement that the scum!narrative for your actions was stronger than the town!narrative.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »

Yuma, I was disappointed not to even get an acknowledgement that the scum!narrative for your actions was stronger than the town!narrative.

Tough. Better luck next time? What do you want me to say? I am not scum. Therefore your narrative is wrong, plus it lacks the explanation of showing how what I did was scummy.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:40 pm »

I'm back, and I'm most comfortable right now just putting my vote back on vote: Ahoppy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:23 pm »

L-1: Vote: AHoppy

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 22, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »

Well...um...intent? Doesn't seem like we're actually going to do anything else NOW and I don't want to spend all night on the forums.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 22, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »

We've been here before and we know where the intent comes from.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 22, 2014, 08:48:26 pm »

I don't like this lynch at all. Joke's on me for being so lurky.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2014, 08:49:31 pm »

I don't like this lynch at all.

Me neither.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 22, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »

I don't like this lynch at all.

Me neither.

I guess I am ok with it... but hey! Look votes on teproc! WOW!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.