Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143889 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #750 on: January 22, 2014, 05:57:42 pm »

I still like AHoppy better, Robz hasn't done anything scummy in my eyes. I don't find his intent to hammer particularly scummy here. I would have done the same.
Even though AHoppy hadn't given his thoughts yet?

But that's why you state intent to hammer, not hammer.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 22, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »

What Robz said. If he didn't want AHoppy to give his thoughts he would just have hammered.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 22, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

I still like AHoppy better, Robz hasn't done anything scummy in my eyes. I don't find his intent to hammer particularly scummy here. I would have done the same.
Even though AHoppy hadn't given his thoughts yet?

It was INTENT to hammer. Incentive for Ahoppy to give his thoughts. I wasn't going to hammer him until he did, or if it appeared like he wasn't going to, obviously.
Oh. I thought you were saying you'd lynch him regardless of whether he spoke or not. My mistake. Back to Vote: Eevee.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »

Update vote count because things are crazy !

Ahoppy (4) : chairs, Teproc, scott_pilgrim, Robz
Eevee (3) : Twistedarcher, Jimmmmm, Archetype
Robz (2) : Voltaire, pingpongsam
Teproc (1) : faust
Twistedarcher (1) : Eevee
chairs (1) : Ahoppy

Not voting (1) : yuma

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends January 23rd 12:00 AM
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 22, 2014, 06:00:13 pm »

unvote that was fun and nice to serve a point, but I do prefer eevee, ahoppy and teproc over Robz...

Really? Why?

like I said above, it is based off a contradiction, which isn't very scummy. I don't really have a reason to suspect robz for stating intent to hammer, it surprised me and was enough for me to unvote and think about it... but really I think the telling might be more in how people reacted to robz...

and once again I think teproc came off as the type who is dissenting from the popular, prevailing opinion to potentially look townie if Robz is a mislynch... And voltaire came off a little scummy I think...

I think I am going to vote: teproc

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 22, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »

Voltaire came off as really wanting to lynch Robz. Which is interesting.

You came off as afraid of actually lynching Robz. Also interesting.

I am dissenting from the popular opinion because I think it's wrong. Stating intent to hammer is not the same thing as hammering.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 22, 2014, 06:02:00 pm »

Love this type of stuff lately... makes the first 13 days worth it to have a few hours of this sort of stuff... and is the stuff that I think is truly useful...

Makes me ashamed of promoting all of those soft deadlines intended to avoid this type of last minute shenanigans (although a lot of that was prompted by a outbreak of no-lynches or near no-lynches)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 22, 2014, 06:02:16 pm »

I think scum doesn't dare participate in that sort of insanity, so townier on Arch and pps. Not yuma for starting it, it ups my townread on myself but whatever.  :P I would not mind an actual Robz lynch but I guess we don't actually have enough people for that if yuma was lying? Eh.

PPE: Everything.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 22, 2014, 06:02:57 pm »

I am dissenting from the popular opinion because I think it's wrong. Stating intent to hammer is not the same thing as hammering.

Afraid? Strange choice of words there...

and I should mention that I am obviously not voting for you just because of this, but combined with the points I outlined about you earlier...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 22, 2014, 06:03:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm paranoid now and hate all the lynches and kind of want to semi-random and Robz is the attractive target. Otherwise I guess I'm left with...chairs? Jimmmmm?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:57 pm »

Yes...I should be here for about an hour before I leave for a whole slew of activities and then study for tomorrow's finals.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 22, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »

That was weird.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »

:P I would not mind an actual Robz lynch but I guess we don't actually have enough people for that if yuma was lying? Eh.

I was never lying. My immediate response was to want to vote for Robz and I did, as is my want. My suspicion of him holds, but as I thought more about it I realized that my reaction was more visceral and less logical

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2014, 06:06:13 pm »

Afraid? Strange choice of words there...

and I should mention that I am obviously not voting for you just because of this, but combined with the points I outlined about you earlier...

Afraid is the word I use because that's how it looks. You vote for Robz to prove him wrong, but when it gets serious you withdraw. This could be because Robz is your scumbuddy.

I don't think this tells us much until one of you flip, but if one of you flips scum I will definitely be looking at your interactions closely, because this screamed scumteam to me. Of course it's way too early to see scumeams so it doesn't really affect how I read either of you, but it might be important later.

PPE : 3

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2014, 06:06:22 pm »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 22, 2014, 06:07:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm paranoid now and hate all the lynches and kind of want to semi-random and Robz is the attractive target. Otherwise I guess I'm left with...chairs? Jimmmmm?
I'd be cool with either of those.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »

I always hate all the lynches so I get that. I mostly meant that it will be interesting to look at later, like my yuma comment.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 22, 2014, 06:08:33 pm »

Jimmmmm lynch is.... yummmmm lynch ?

Basically I'm fine with lynching Jimmmm as well.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 22, 2014, 06:09:37 pm »

Okay yuma, here's how I read your actions.

-- You profess to find me kind of scummy for meta reasons.

-- You vote for me after I do something that you later admit is perfectly sensible.

-- A wagon builds on me, you get off, proclaiming the case is bad.

-- You reiterate suspicion for me based on earlier reasons but want someone else lynched but are keeping your eye on me.

Surely you have to admit, the most plausible reason for those actions is that you are scum. You wanted to have a sucmread on someone not getting lynched, you wanted to be casting a vote for that person, you didn't want to be on that mislynch wagon that would be terrible for your credibility, but then you wanted to make note of our continued suspicion. Despite not wanting that lynch.

Could this be a townie narrative? Yes, but really you must admit it looks bad, you know?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 22, 2014, 06:10:34 pm »

Now I kind of wonder if we can do better than the Ahoppy lynch given the info we just got. But I have to go for a bit... maybe chew on this and I'll be back hopefully in not too long.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 22, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »

Okay yuma, here's how I read your actions.

-- You profess to find me kind of scummy for meta reasons.

-- You vote for me after I do something that you later admit is perfectly sensible.

-- A wagon builds on me, you get off, proclaiming the case is bad.

-- You reiterate suspicion for me based on earlier reasons but want someone else lynched but are keeping your eye on me.

Surely you have to admit, the most plausible reason for those actions is that you are scum. You wanted to have a sucmread on someone not getting lynched, you wanted to be casting a vote for that person, you didn't want to be on that mislynch wagon that would be terrible for your credibility, but then you wanted to make note of our continued suspicion. Despite not wanting that lynch.

Could this be a townie narrative? Yes, but really you must admit it looks bad, you know?

Then vote for me...

I won't admit that it looks bad (that is your opinion) I am doing what I am doing at any given time what I think is best to find scum. I am not interested in looking townie to you and I really don't see anything wrong with what I did above... Nor should I given my alignment because even if there is any validity to your logic (which there might be, but I am not too interested in that) the logic arrives at a faulty conclusion so therefore it must be wrong.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 22, 2014, 06:52:08 pm »

Surely you have to admit, the most plausible reason for those actions is that you are scum.

One part of your logic I will comment on is that it lacks a step of showing what I did and why "scummy" is the most plausible explanation... there isn't any step there. You jump from listing statements to making a conclusion without explaining how you got to that point.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 22, 2014, 06:52:21 pm »

Nor should I given my alignment because even if there is any validity to your logic (which there might be, but I am not too interested in that) the logic arrives at a faulty conclusion so therefore it must be wrong.

That's just so bullheaded and unhelpful. If you're town, not getting mislynched is also very important thing to do in addition to finding who the scum are.

I mean I get what you are saying but you have to understand, those of us who are town know that no-one else trusts us so we have to prove it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 22, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »

So, your response is "bleh, I'm town" ?

Also, if you're town, you should definitely be interested in looking townie.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »

Nor should I given my alignment because even if there is any validity to your logic (which there might be, but I am not too interested in that) the logic arrives at a faulty conclusion so therefore it must be wrong.

That's just so bullheaded and unhelpful. If you're town, not getting mislynched is also very important thing to do in addition to finding who the scum are.

I mean I get what you are saying but you have to understand, those of us who are town know that no-one else trusts us so we have to prove it.

I am not trying to be bullheaded and unhelpful, in fact the opposite of that. I agree not getting mislynched is important. But rather I am not going to filter what I have to say to make myself look more townie... That is unhelpful. But rather that I am confident that given my alignment people 1. should see that I am town based off hopefully getting the correct people lynched and 2. if I do get in hot water I am able to argue and explain my way out of getting mislynched... You must admit that I have a talent for that (I haven't been mislynched as town since MXI--that is like 20+ games....)

Basically I do not fear getting mislynched. I want people to trust me and agree with what I am saying, but I hope that is based more off what I say rather than what I don't say. I don't hold stuff back as town.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 19 queries.