Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338068 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)
« Reply #3375 on: July 14, 2012, 10:11:27 am »

And reading through Mafia QT, can't believe it was the completely accident softclaim that put a bullet in me :(

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: July 14, 2012, 10:22:38 am »

Umm... okay? You think we suck because in a thread of 3,000 posts, we didn't notice and investigate a setup claim from someone posted at the start of a long day? I think that's a bit harsh. Especially considering it could well have NOT been that setup, and just coincidentally similar.

Well, props to the mafia for winning. I think partially town getting so badly misdirected days 3+4 was what really killed us - ESPECIALLY Axxle not defending himself well.

And finally, scumbag Tables: Plays two mafia games. Most powerful role in both games.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: July 14, 2012, 10:24:29 am »

I'm really surprised I survived as long as I did. Guess the mafia really did think I was likely covered by a doc, despite making probably more survivalist tells than was reasonable to do.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: July 14, 2012, 10:30:31 am »

Umm... okay? You think we suck because in a thread of 3,000 posts, we didn't notice and investigate a setup claim from someone posted at the start of a long day? I think that's a bit harsh. Especially considering it could well have NOT been that setup, and just coincidentally similar.

Yes!
Because out of all players I was only one willing to find out what setup it is.
And when I slipped it through nobody even checked it out :(

And it would be too much of a coincidence to be just "similar"  :'(

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: July 14, 2012, 10:34:10 am »

GRRRRR!  I was right!  Tables - if you were the doc - then you knew my story was plausible! 

So - my rational for claiming serial killer was:

Its the only role that actually ends the game if its lynched.  If I survived - and we lynched the roleblocker (who i thought was DSell) - (which allowed for the possibility of a town roleblocker)

I assumed that if we lynched mafia - that if Grujah and I each killed town - we'd be at 1-1-1 which can be considered a draw.  As long as they didn't kill me, even at 2-1-1 it can also be considered a draw.  Read: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Dilemma

I also considered opening Day 6 with a claim of doctor (and say I doctored SFS the whole time).  Sure - RobZ or Tables could counterclaim - but WIFOM.  My argument was that claiming serial killer was the only way to ensure that I didn't die.

I also put in a coded message a few pages back that said "DSell Will Wanted Claim Serial Killer".  Of course - the wanted wasn't intentional, but I snapped off a reply to SFS when I wasn't thinking.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: July 14, 2012, 10:35:43 am »

I think you overestimate how much time people have... Even if I noticed it, and investigated it, I still wouldn't have been convinced. Not until the very last day or two, at which point it definitely would have slipped my mind anyway.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: July 14, 2012, 10:37:19 am »

Yeah. It is very interesting. From town's point of view it is unimaginable that a serial killer will make this claim. Basically you can only hope for draws afterwards. And convincing others on that is pretty hard.

Good job on the scum team on creating this awesome situation that while knowing the truth you cannot tell.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: July 14, 2012, 10:38:02 am »

Frisk: I knew it was plausible. I also knew it was unlikely. And thing is, even if it was 1-1-1 on the final day, you'd be lynched, as the other mafia could pretend to not be mafia as the mafia were eliminated. As I said, town can't do better than lynching you at that point.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: July 14, 2012, 10:40:18 am »

Read the link. Town can vote for no lynch and hope scum kill each ther at night.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: July 14, 2012, 10:40:42 am »

What else could I have done at l-1?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: July 14, 2012, 10:51:23 am »

Not much. Probably claimed some power role (doctor?) and hoped we'd switch to DSell.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: July 14, 2012, 10:52:17 am »

Also just read the C9 stuff... yeah, actually, if I had seen that, I'd have paid more attention to it methinks.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:28 am »

http://i48.tinypic.com/24yybrt.png

I'm laughing so hard at basically this whole page.

edit: Woah that's bigger than I thought. Leaving just a link now

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: July 14, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

1-1-1 is an obvious no-lynch situation for the real town Tables, thus presenting the SK with a POSSIBLE win.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: July 14, 2012, 11:42:06 am »

The problem with a doctor claim was sfs.

He was already voting. If robz or tables had protection, they would know I was lying - and I lose.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:30 am »

Yay! I got the setup right in post #123 of the QT! Very early call. ;D

That said, the game was well played from the Mafia side. I think there was definitely room for the Town to put the pieces together (even without relying on the C9++ setup). The QT, as Volt mentioned, had some great debates, and I think we were all pretty confident coming into D5 of what the likely outcome was (Picking out the SK was a little tougher, but we got there).

Very enjoyable to watch, and I'm glad Robz was town so he couldn't claim victory over me! HA! ;)

Still would've rather won though. ;D

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 5 START!)
« Reply #3391 on: July 14, 2012, 11:49:22 am »

Yeah! Can't believe we pulled it off! This was so fun you guys, I really enjoyed it! It was tough and a lot of thought went in to it. Particularly, I tried to give off a SK vibe Day 5 without actually admitting to anything. It was much much safer if everyone thought that I was SK and didn't give a thought to Frisk.

I thought this post was gg:

There are six people left. If 3 of them are scum, maybe I can do this by process of elimination. I know I'm not scum, and I know Tables is not mafia, and I assume that SFS is not mafia.

That would mean that 2 of Dsell, Frisk, and Glooble are the mafia. And unless Tables or SFS are the Serial Killer (the former possible, the later unlikely), the other member of this trio is the Serial Killer.

Frisk is pretty scummy, I agree. But, it worries me that Dsell and Glooble are not at each other's throats. As I've said, I believe their claims are contradictory. The fact that they are not eager to fight over this says to me that they know their claims are false.

What if they are both mafia, and they chose no kill 2 nights ago in order to set up Glooble's roleblocker claim? And they chose not to night kill someone in order to make us belief that the Mafia Thief blocked Dsell? In reality one of them is the Mafia Thief, and they blocked the Serial Killer, who they probably know is Frisk.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: July 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

Robz was definitely the one really putting things together. I think he could've gotten there with more time and thought. SFS, it felt like you threw in the towel man! And Tables (whom I figured to be the doctor) I thought really should've matched what he knew up with CF's claim. The thought that "SK would never claim" is just wrong. :'(

Ahh well.

f.DS Mafia +1's to you all!

Mafia Record:

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: July 14, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »

Things I've learned from this game:

1. no really, don't vote in a mislynch-or-lose setup until you've slept for a while and thought hard.

2. if someone claims to be a vig at L-1, then the town agrees to accept the claim if and only if someone else dies, and then that someone doesn't die, and also, there are two other unexplained non-deaths, then don't let that person live for two more game days.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: July 14, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »

1. no really, don't vote in a mislynch-or-lose setup until you've slept for a while and thought hard.

2. if someone claims to be a vig at L-1, then the town agrees to accept the claim if and only if someone else dies, and then that someone doesn't die, and also, there are two other unexplained non-deaths, then don't let that person live for two more game days.

I really don't know how I survived that. I figured it would be easy to explain one missing kill, but not three! Props to frisk for trying to trip me up by shooting Axxle too. I guess by the time the town had run through the other likely scenarios (killing Axxle) it was too late to kill me for fear I was the serial killer. And I definitely ran with the mantle.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: July 14, 2012, 12:25:31 pm »

I really don't know how I survived that. I figured it would be easy to explain one missing kill, but not three! Props to frisk for trying to trip me up by shooting Axxle too. I guess by the time the town had run through the other likely scenarios (killing Axxle) it was too late to kill me for fear I was the serial killer. And I definitely ran with the mantle.

Did you not kill Axxle because you thought he was SK?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: July 14, 2012, 12:26:12 pm »

Oh - and +1 to Volt for being a good mod.

-10 to volt for giving me the option to be investigative immune with a 1 shot investigator.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: July 14, 2012, 12:32:01 pm »

I didn't shoot Axxle because I though it would be easy to explain one missing kill. It was probably a mistake. And voltgloss was an amazing mod!!!! Top-notch, really. Best flavor posts ever.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:39 pm »

I really don't know how I survived that. I figured it would be easy to explain one missing kill, but not three!

This also surprised me  ;D

Also Robz's posts where he says:
"Tables and I cannot be mafia because we pushed for O".
I was like..  :o. You clear yourself just like that?
Was really stumped at that point.  ???

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »

I didn't shoot Axxle because I though it would be easy to explain one missing kill. It was probably a mistake. And voltgloss was an amazing mod!!!! Top-notch, really. Best flavor posts ever.

yeah, frisk set you up there AND by coincidence you roleblocked him and there's no kills which makes the setup even better. sitting pretty for frisk.  and then town's like, oh, obviously, lynch axxle ...... frisk has got to be like, throwing his computer out the window at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 139  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.