Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338067 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2000 on: June 23, 2012, 01:40:28 am »

So Robz, what do we do from here? I still think you're townie despite not liking the Grujah-Robz link. We have two likely wagons ATM, and it's clear to me at least that O, Galzria, Glooble, Popsofctown and obviously Jo will not be voting for Jo, because we all get townreads from him. And you're stopping a Grujah wagon. So where do you think we find our scum to lynch?

SFS and Tables are NOT mafia. Dsell and Axxle I think are unlikely mafia (though it could be one of them is, and they will sweep in for the hammer). Grujah, due to recent events, I am also willing to acquit.

These are the people I am willing to consider as mafia at this point in time. The eager bandwagoners, if you will.

Jo
Galzria
O
Glooble
Captain_Frisk
Pops

In roughly that order, is my suspicion. I'm hoping Pops will actually help me out here, because I still don't think he's mafia, and the rest of you have criticized him too much. I also know I should probably do the daunting work of looking back to see which of these people voted for who what when where. Honestly, though, with so much having happened, it would have been easy to vote for fellow mafia at one time or another. None of those wagons took off, except this one.

Glooble, actually, I like that he unvoted. He had no idea what I was going to say, and he didn't know that unvoting right before what I was about to say would make him look good. So he deserves credit in my book. I'm willing to be wrong about Jo. Still don't think I am, but I am willing.

O, this is a question to you: which of Galzria, Frisk, Jo, or Glooble, do you think is mafia?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 23, 2012, 01:43:23 am »

So Robz, what do we do from here? I still think you're townie despite not liking the Grujah-Robz link. We have two likely wagons ATM, and it's clear to me at least that O, Galzria, Glooble, Popsofctown and obviously Jo will not be voting for Jo, because we all get townreads from him. And you're stopping a Grujah wagon. So where do you think we find our scum to lynch?

SFS and Tables are NOT mafia. Dsell and Axxle I think are unlikely mafia (though it could be one of them is, and they will sweep in for the hammer). Grujah, due to recent events, I am also willing to acquit.

These are the people I am willing to consider as mafia at this point in time. The eager bandwagoners, if you will.

Jo
Galzria
O
Glooble
Captain_Frisk
Pops

In roughly that order, is my suspicion. I'm hoping Pops will actually help me out here, because I still don't think he's mafia, and the rest of you have criticized him too much. I also know I should probably do the daunting work of looking back to see which of these people voted for who what when where. Honestly, though, with so much having happened, it would have been easy to vote for fellow mafia at one time or another. None of those wagons took off, except this one.

Glooble, actually, I like that he unvoted. He had no idea what I was going to say, and he didn't know that unvoting right before what I was about to say would make him look good. So he deserves credit in my book. I'm willing to be wrong about Jo. Still don't think I am, but I am willing.

O, this is a question to you: which of Galzria, Frisk, Jo, or Glooble, do you think is mafia?

Scummy<----Glooble----Pops-Frisk----------Galzria----------------------------Jo---->Not Scummy

I don't like how you removed Pops from the question directed at me.
Not sure about what Glooble's unvote means on this chart.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 23, 2012, 01:44:56 am »

Strongly dislike the way Robz is sweeping in, making declarations, and giving specific other people limited choices about who is mafia. At best, incredibly arrogant. At worst, scum trying to manipulate town.

A mislynch is not Game Over at this point. So I'm curious about why Town Robz would try to do this drama pre-flip when it would work just as well (for town) post-flip. He is acting as if Grujah has already flipped town, when he hasn't.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 23, 2012, 01:46:28 am »

Also, if Robz is right, and it's very possible, CF seems like the big target. He started Grujahmania.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 23, 2012, 01:47:46 am »

Scummy<----Glooble----Pops-Frisk----------Galzria----------------------------Jo---->Not Scummy

I don't like how you removed Pops from the question directed at me.
Not sure about what Glooble's unvote means on this chart.

Okay, that's what I thought.

So, if my theory is correct, O is probably mafia, and he is defending the other mafia, which is either Galzria or Jo or both. Maybe just Galzria. Possibly Frisk. I'm cooling to Jo somewhat, in light of the fact that Glooble is looking much more likely innocent to me.

On that note, UNVOTE

By the way, could be totally wrong about all of this, obviously. I need Tables and Axxle to way in here. And Dsell! When does he get back?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 23, 2012, 01:48:25 am »

VOTE: CAPTAIN FRISK

K here's my plan guise
Robz joins me on this wagon
we all jump in and put CFrisk at L-2 or so
I jump out, accuse Robz of being mafia for quickwagoning

sound good guys?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:15 am »

Or even better... go after me quickly! Now! If I get to l-2 I'll be cleared townie and then can enjoy the rest of the game in peace.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:24 am »

Strongly dislike the way Robz is sweeping in, making declarations, and giving specific other people limited choices about who is mafia. At best, incredibly arrogant. At worst, scum trying to manipulate town.

A mislynch is not Game Over at this point. So I'm curious about why Town Robz would try to do this drama pre-flip when it would work just as well (for town) post-flip. He is acting as if Grujah has already flipped town, when he hasn't.

Dislike it all you like. Vote for me then.

Because I DO NOT LIKE MISLYNCHES. Never have, never will. I have always preferred no lynch to mislynch, except in MII where I was a lying scum.

So no, I'm not waiting for tomorrow. I'm bringing this up now, because the fact that Grujah rapidly accrued 6 votes from 5 of the same people who mislynched Axxle1 is astonishing and interesting and scummy.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 23, 2012, 01:51:08 am »

So no, I'm not waiting for tomorrow. I'm bringing this up now, because the fact that Grujah rapidly accrued 6 votes from 5 of the same people who mislynched Axxle1 is astonishing and interesting and scummy.

Ok that's it. You find it scummy that 5 votes from Axxle wagon are on the Grujah wagon, AND THEN POINT OUT THE ONE PERSON NOT ON THE AXXLE WAGON AS MAFIA.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 23, 2012, 01:52:58 am »

Ok that's it. You find it scummy that 5 votes from Axxle wagon are on the Grujah wagon, AND THEN POINT OUT THE ONE PERSON NOT ON THE AXXLE WAGON AS MAFIA.

Well, it took you this time. They needed you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: June 23, 2012, 01:53:36 am »

O, you're getting awfully jumpy. for less than one vote on your head.

and it's not the first time.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 23, 2012, 01:56:00 am »

Caps isn't jumpy, Jo, Caps is to highly the ridiculousness of Robz's logic.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 23, 2012, 01:57:16 am »

highlight* dat autocorrect

Anyways, I agree Jo. But I really think we were damn close to lynching a scum, and now Robz (who I still think is just townie) is derailing that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 23, 2012, 02:03:35 am »

Can anybody go through and list all the people Robz has all but cleared? I see 8 of 12. Great numbers for someone who knows nothing:

Pops - Too obvious to be scum, can't be Mafia
SFS - Obvtown, can't be Mafia
Grujah - Got bandwagoned, can't be Mafia
Glooble - Twinclaim, can't be Mafia
Robz - Well he's Robz,, can't be Mafia
Dsell - Opened the Jo wagon D2, can't be Mafia
Tables - Investigated innocent, can't be Mafia
Axxle2 - mislynched D1, can't be Mafia

Really now...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 23, 2012, 02:06:35 am »

And the tone-down-when-called-out. And the scumslip earlier tonight. I'm revising my town read on you, O.

But I still want to lynch Grujah tonight. We need a lynch and we need real info.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 23, 2012, 02:07:08 am »

Can anybody go through and list all the people Robz has all but cleared? I see 8 of 12. Great numbers for someone who knows nothing:

Really now...

And with 15 players, there are anywhere from 3-5 (probably 4-5) scum. So damn, Robz has caught every mafia D2.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 23, 2012, 02:08:53 am »

And the tone-down-when-called-out. And the scumslip earlier tonight. I'm revising my town read on you, O.

Er what. You said I got jumpy when called out, which was scummy. Then I toned down when called out again, which was scummy.

The jumpiness was scummy. As a townie, I want to lower my scumminess a bit. If I were scum, I'd want to lower my scumminess a bit.

So basically I understood your first point but now you're making little sense to me.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2017 on: June 23, 2012, 02:09:26 am »

Also, if Robz is right, and it's very possible, CF seems like the big target. He started Grujahmania.

He did now? I'm pretty sure you've vaguely cast suspicion on Grujah four or five times at least. I'd have to look back to be sure, but I think you've had votes on him both days. I voted for him D1 myself. He's an obvious, easy target. Frisk was the first one to put a vote to him, but I don't think that makes Frisk look worse than the rest of us. Not much anyway.

Is a no lynch better than a mislynch at this point? If we lynch Grujah and he flips town, we lose a townie who barely posts and gain at least some vaguely helpful information about who voted to lynch him. If he flips Mafia (or SK), we have more information and one fewer scum.

No lynch = no chance of decreasing scum (unless we have a vig) and significantly less data to analyze tomorrow. Unless the Mafia politely kills someone who had a bandwagon on them and we can analyze that.

SO is information worth the possibility of killing a townie who has contributed very little to the conversation? That's the question we should be asking ourselves right now, in my estimation. If I decide the answer is yes, I will revote before the deadline. Provided the grujah wagon hasn't evaporated by then.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 23, 2012, 02:15:15 am »

I see two very different attitudes back to back here.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 23, 2012, 02:21:12 am »

I see two very different attitudes back to back here.

Correct. Robz is either right or he's wrong. But even if he's right he's wrong. That is, even if he' totally right that Grujah is town and lots of scum is on his wagon, the way he's gone about halting that lynch is anti-town and ... confusing.

But I'm trying to keep my mind open to all the different possibilities right now.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 23, 2012, 02:40:42 am »

Really now...

Galzria, that's ridiculous. I don't throw around terms like "can't be mafia." The overconfidence is all you. So don't misstate how I feel about people.

Pops - Too obvious, hard for me to believe he is scum.
SFS - Either you believe him or you don't. I believe him, as does like everybody. Therefore, probably not scum.
Grujah - Could be scum, but not if my theory is correct.
Glooble - Could be scum, but if so he is certainly keeping his cool and reacting to my theory A LOT better than the other scum.
Dsell - No opinion one way or the other. But when I have 5 or so strong suspects, yes, he's safely acquitted.
Tables - What do you want me to say, Galzria? No, he's not mafia, unless him and SFS hatched a fairly advanced plot while the rest of us went crazy. No one else is humoring this theory, why should I?
Axxle2 - Again, you're 0-1 on Axxle, but yeah, let's take your opinion on whether Axxle is mafia. Great!

I'm not clearing people. If I turn out to be wrong about Grujah, especially not. But I need to narrow it down somehow, and this Grujah bandwagon has made that much easier. A pretty clear picture of a mafia team of you, O, and I don't know, is starting to emerge. Maybe Frisk, maybe Jo. Maybe even Dsell. But yeah, right now, I'm narrowing things down. And I think I  may have just figured you out, which is why you and O are behaving this way.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 23, 2012, 02:43:48 am »

He did now? I'm pretty sure you've vaguely cast suspicion on Grujah four or five times at least. I'd have to look back to be sure, but I think you've had votes on him both days. I voted for him D1 myself. He's an obvious, easy target. Frisk was the first one to put a vote to him, but I don't think that makes Frisk look worse than the rest of us. Not much anyway.

Is a no lynch better than a mislynch at this point? If we lynch Grujah and he flips town, we lose a townie who barely posts and gain at least some vaguely helpful information about who voted to lynch him. If he flips Mafia (or SK), we have more information and one fewer scum.

No lynch = no chance of decreasing scum (unless we have a vig) and significantly less data to analyze tomorrow. Unless the Mafia politely kills someone who had a bandwagon on them and we can analyze that.

SO is information worth the possibility of killing a townie who has contributed very little to the conversation? That's the question we should be asking ourselves right now, in my estimation. If I decide the answer is yes, I will revote before the deadline. Provided the grujah wagon hasn't evaporated by then.

Well, if Grujah flips town, I won't be around to make my case tomorrow that the mafia are Galzria, O, Jo maybe, Frisk maybe. If he flips mafia, I was wrong, everybody go about your business.

Still, since I think I'm right, I'm for lynching one of those other people.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 23, 2012, 02:44:54 am »

* by not around, I mean I'll be nightkilled, not like absent or something. (If Grujah does flip mafia I expect to live, because it puts suspicion on my back.)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 23, 2012, 02:45:25 am »

This is town robz. Town Robz has terrible reads and sticks to them, from what I remember.

Or he could be SK Robz. But probably town robz, and that's what makes me sad.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 23, 2012, 02:46:26 am »

oh, and Revote:Grujah. The Captain Frisk thing was quite clearly a joke, and nobody took some bait and took me seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.