Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M119: Towny Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 144107 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M119: Towny Mafia (D1!)
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2018, 12:24:46 pm »

I don't think there is a good argument for finding me scummy.

Finding you scummy is the default. Is there a good argument for finding you towny?

The best argument for finding me towny, by your standards, is that I am trying to find scum and trying to help town. For example, I am engaging with others and not avoiding participation, I am trying to keep town from wasting a lynch on me-- unless the goal is just to winnow the number of town players to a manageable level, and I am attempting to identify what I think are good arguments, what are specious arguments, and when there is no argument about various folks. I am as authentic and transparent as I know how to be, including admitting my inadequacies. While I am sometimes too casual in my language, or fluffy in my comments (but the daylight savings tie thing is interesting!) there is nothing about my play that is disingenuous, shifty, or inconsistent.

PPE: a couple
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2018, 12:26:40 pm »

I had to change my avatar because Meckie was freaking me out. He's supposed to be a friendly hedgehog, but looks more like the things that nightmares are made of.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2018, 12:29:29 pm »

And request prod on Space. Their only vote this game has been RVS.

Sent.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2018, 12:44:28 pm »

I fell like she has based on general tone and genuine attempts to develop reads. Also from a
Meta argument wcd reads very similar to how she played in newbie mafia 12 where I pegged her as town right away from the specy before I joined the game.

Are you her scum partner?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2018, 12:45:36 pm »

Vote: mcmc
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2018, 12:45:45 pm »

Finding you scummy is the default. Is there a good argument for finding you towny?

The best argument for finding me towny, by your standards, is that I am trying to find scum and trying to help town. For example, I am engaging with others and not avoiding participation, I am trying to keep town from wasting a lynch on me-- unless the goal is just to winnow the number of town players to a manageable level, and I am attempting to identify what I think are good arguments, what are specious arguments, and when there is no argument about various folks. I am as authentic and transparent as I know how to be, including admitting my inadequacies. While I am sometimes too casual in my language, or fluffy in my comments (but the daylight savings tie thing is interesting!) there is nothing about my play that is disingenuous, shifty, or inconsistent.

I wasn't expecting the WCD wagon to have fallen apart so quickly, but this is a pretty good answer to Awaclus' question; it seems honest. I think I like the Joseph wagon more than the Robz wagon, This:

BTW, we definiteky get a lynch even without a majority vote. So throwing votes on someone just to get the hammer (like usually happens) won't be necessary

is more setup talk, and plurality lynches seem bad not only because of the potential lack of a chance to claim but also because we'd get more useful voting analysis later out of a majority vote.

PPE 2
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2018, 12:46:06 pm »

Forgot to vote: Joseph
I have sigs off.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2018, 12:59:02 pm »

I'm not obligated to give reasons for my votes. But here is one of the reasons for voting WCD:

Watching the PPS/EFHW dustup is interesting. I wonder why they are so at odds with one another.
I'm not comfortable with this post. We aren't "at odds with each other". I voted him for a reasonable reason and he has been defending himself. This characterization puts us in equivalent positions, which is not accurate and implicitly weakens my position.

The other reasons are lack of scumhunting and repeated use of the newbie card.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2018, 01:02:04 pm »

Regarding Robz, you might remember this:

Oh, this game started! I am VLA this weekend, attending a wedding.
vote: Robz

Coupled with the call to quicklynch, I'm imagining that he is testing to see how uninvolved and provocative he can be and still not get lynched. His last scum game he got away with a lot, and was aware of that.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2018, 01:08:16 pm »

Coupled with the call to quicklynch, I'm imagining that he is testing to see how uninvolved and provocative he can be and still not get lynched.
Sounds like a very stupid game plan.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2018, 01:16:23 pm »

Coupled with the call to quicklynch, I'm imagining that he is testing to see how uninvolved and provocative he can be and still not get lynched.
What's your narrative to explain how he is playing?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2018, 01:28:44 pm »

Robz just doesn’t do D1. I generally don’t either although I am partial to RMM where I just want to get a flip and some night results. It is more important in regular Mafia. At any rate, I don’t think it is a réalisable tell. However, his activity in following days often is.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2018, 01:33:56 pm »

The case against chairs doesn't really make sense: if he was scum why would he bother trying to get faust mislynched? There aren't any protective roles so if faust is town scum can just nightkill him. I assume chairs was just being paranoid about the possibility of scum!faust.
Vote: hypercube
You're already on there you know.

I don't assume you managed to locate my question to you in the meantime?
No what was it (please just repost- on phone and hard to search)

Can you point me to a post from you before LaLight pointed you to the link with the win conditions that shows that you knew the town win condition?
Reply #61 is the town win condition
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2018, 01:34:28 pm »

My recommendation is that we should be treating an "on guillotine" player as an "on guillotine" player.
There's a certain point later in the game where they could become an IC though
Because the town win condition is to have 2 mafia dead + 1 on the guillotine.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 01, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »

I wasn't expecting the WCD wagon to have fallen apart so quickly, but this is a pretty good answer to Awaclus' question; it seems honest. I think I like the Joseph wagon more than the Robz wagon, This:

BTW, we definiteky get a lynch even without a majority vote. So throwing votes on someone just to get the hammer (like usually happens) won't be necessary

is more setup talk, and plurality lynches seem bad not only because of the potential lack of a chance to claim but also because we'd get more useful voting analysis later out of a majority vote.

PPE 2
I like setup talk. Better than doing crap all on D1

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 01, 2018, 01:43:46 pm »

Argh.. I've apparently become proddable :-( Sorry! I read some stuff last night, but possibly wasn't awake enough for posting. At work just now, so not really at liberty to read, though I'll see what i can do, given that I don't actually have any scheduled free time between now and deadline, save maybe 30 mins of tomorrow's lunch break...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 01, 2018, 04:23:00 pm »

He's bored of D1 and wants it to end.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 01, 2018, 05:19:28 pm »

He's bored of D1 and wants it to end.
Aren't we all?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2018, 05:22:46 pm »

Usually D1 has some setup discussion and some people trying to break/optimise the setup.
But this D1 has had literally none of that, because there doesn't seem like much to discuss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2018, 06:14:27 pm »

vote count please

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2018, 07:45:41 pm »

so...plurality lynch today?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2018, 08:00:43 pm »

Space Count
Joseph2302 (4): SpaceAnemone, infangthief, faust, hypercube
EFHW (3): Dylan32, mcmcsalot, WestCoastDidds
hypercube (1): Joseph2302
Dylan32 (1): Robz888
Awaclus (1): DatSwan
Robz888 (3): 2.71828....., pingpongsam, EFHW
mcmcsalot (1): Awaclus

(That is to say I'm reading and catching up, and wanted to get my vote counter set up for this game).
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 01, 2018, 08:06:42 pm »

I know faust is miffed at me for not having voted a bunch, but actually I'm quite happy with my vote being on Joseph right now.

In particular, when commenting about chairs being a lynch option, how was "It's an option. Currently the most preferred option" ever a valid sort of statement to make as town when most people haven't stated a preference?I dislike this because it's manipulative, projecting his preferred view as the popular opinion.. but then I don't tend to find Joseph to be good useful town anyway (which is why I'm happy throwing early votes his way). Compare to e's response at #236, which us much more conscious of scope.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:52 pm »

@hypercube, have we played together before? Your name isn't in my looking dictionary for people and their popular aliases, meaning you haven't played in a game I've used my vote counter on.. plus your avatar doesn't look at all familiar. Though nor does WCD's now, which is also going to throw me!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 01, 2018, 08:16:50 pm »

Townreads most definitely help town when I'm town
So... have you posted any?

Probably not, but it's not posting my townreads that help me, it's other people's, and those were the things Awaclus was calling untownie.

, and posting townreads has hurt me as scum
Ah, is that why?

This is the more obvious one, to me. If I post townreads on a bunch of people, then it makes my play rather illogical if I push for lynching them in too much of a different order to what I clearly favoured, so it adds extra constraints to myself that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't made my preferences clear. People with different play-styles may find it easier to change their minds a whole bunch, but I'm someone who plays based on as much accumulated evidence as possible, so it seems hard for scum!me to argue to disregard earlier evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.