Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101198 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day3
« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2014, 11:21:41 am »

Either way it feels like we're walking into an Archetype mislynch to me. Of course it's so frustrating when the first flip is just going to be a dummy anyway.

We could just lynch you.

I also think that after EFHW's explanations, I would feel a little better about a Walrus lynch. Look here:

vote: Walrus
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 20, 2014, 11:22:14 am »

Either way it feels like we're walking into an Archetype mislynch to me. Of course it's so frustrating when the first flip is just going to be a dummy anyway.

We could just lynch you.

The only thing more frustrating than a dummy flip is a town flip! :P
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 20, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

Well, I think the PGO != PHO is the best explanation here. The roles revealed so far have been mostly far from vanilla. Right now I'm imagining the most likely possibility to be this:

Eevee targets joth. Eevee's power somehow 'transfers' vengefulness to joth for the night, but also links them together death-wise. So Arch targets Eevee, no death. I target joth, I do die. Scum shoots Eevee, both Eevee and joth die.

I think the second likeliest answer is that someone (maybe Voltaire) is lying about his role and messed with the night actions yesterday.

Walrus it is SO unlikely that you died from targeting joth.  SO unlikely that I am more convinced you and Arch are both scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 20, 2014, 11:24:43 am »

Walrus, you said earlier you don't mind telling us your new role. You might want to do so now.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 20, 2014, 11:27:00 am »

SO unlikely according to what? Your preconceived notions of how a PGO should work, which may not apply in this game?

The more I think about it the more I think my explanation is correct. And again, if I wanted to not appear suspicious, I would have just claimed to have targeted Eevee. Who would have stopped me? Bam, there you go, situation neatly wrapped up.

However I didn't. I targeted joth. I'm after the truth, like the rest of you non-scum in the crowd.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: February 20, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »

Sure, I'll claim. You know I'm a claiming addict haha! And this is one which is better to reveal:

I am George Michael, the Overprotected Nice Guy. It basically means I'm a doctor, but only if somebody else targets me that night. So yeah, somebody target me!

That's one reason I don't want to vote for Voltaire right now...his role seems to be a nice parallel to mine, mechanically and flavor-wise, even if it is a little dodgy verifiability-wise. And I still think one of the two-lifers is a better choice.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 20, 2014, 12:02:18 pm »

We haven't had anyone's two lives match that closely, have we? Walrus claims to still be a doctor, he was sort of a doctor earlier.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:22 pm »

I'd prefer we stick with Archetype because he has an extra life if he's wrong.*

*how do we tell if we're wrong?

So I'll lynch either of them, really, I guess.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:06 pm »

I am increasingly uneasy that xeiron hasn't shared what he learned about Archetype's pm. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 20, 2014, 12:46:10 pm »

Well, I think the PGO != PHO is the best explanation here. The roles revealed so far have been mostly far from vanilla. Right now I'm imagining the most likely possibility to be this:

Eevee targets joth. Eevee's power somehow 'transfers' vengefulness to joth for the night, but also links them together death-wise. So Arch targets Eevee, no death. I target joth, I do die. Scum shoots Eevee, both Eevee and joth die.

I think the second likeliest answer is that someone (maybe Voltaire) is lying about his role and messed with the night actions yesterday.

Walrus it is SO unlikely that you died from targeting joth.  SO unlikely that I am more convinced you and Arch are both scum.
SO unlikely according to what? Your preconceived notions of how a PGO should work, which may not apply in this game?

The more I think about it the more I think my explanation is correct. And again, if I wanted to not appear suspicious, I would have just claimed to have targeted Eevee. Who would have stopped me? Bam, there you go, situation neatly wrapped up.

However I didn't. I targeted joth. I'm after the truth, like the rest of you non-scum in the crowd.

Claiming you targeted Eevee wouldn't wrap anything up.  We already think you did!  Claiming you targeted Arch or faust would have weakened the case against both of you.  But you risk getting caught in a lie.

You also have not expressed any suspicion towards Archetype for seeming to have survived targeting Eevee.  In your message (bolded) above, you say you think Arch would be a mislynch.

Eevee wasn't only paranoid, he was also babysitter.  More later.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:27 pm »

Ok, fine then. So if I'm lying now, why did I choose to risk getting caught in this particular lie? Why wouldn't I have claimed to target Arch, or something, which would have exonerated me more?

I just get the feeling that the case on Arch is flawed.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:26 pm »

The biggest flaw in the Archetype case is why did he say he targeted Eevee at all?  Once scum!Archetype saw that Eevee was PGO/H he wouldn't want to claim targeting Eevee.  He could have just told xeiron he changed his mind.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 20, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

Ok, fine then. So if I'm lying now, why did I choose to risk getting caught in this particular lie? Why wouldn't I have claimed to target Arch, or something, which would have exonerated me more?

What I meant was that you aren't lying now, you did target Joth.  The question is with what.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 20, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

The biggest flaw in the Archetype case is why did he say he targeted Eevee at all?  Once scum!Archetype saw that Eevee was PGO/H he wouldn't want to claim targeting Eevee.  He could have just told xeiron he changed his mind.

No, he couldn't; the night action submission deadline was 24 hours before the night ended.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 20, 2014, 02:19:10 pm »

What I meant was that you aren't lying now, you did target Joth.  The question is with what.

Wait, that doesn't work.  nvm.  We do think you are lying. 

Say you are telling the truth, and you targeted Joth.  Does that mean you think you were the nk?  I really don't think the babysitter role lends itself to passing on the paranoid role, unless that fits flavor?  If it did, I would expect Eevee to keep the paranoia himself as well.  If you were the nk, why did Eevee die?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 20, 2014, 02:20:36 pm »

No, he couldn't; the night action submission deadline was 24 hours before the night ended.

Did xeiron actually SEE him place the order to target Eevee?  Or are you saying he talked to xeiron after he already placed the order?  Several people turned in late orders.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 20, 2014, 02:22:37 pm »

Did xeiron actually SEE him place the order to target Eevee?  Or are you saying he talked to xeiron after he already placed the order?  Several people turned in late orders.

xeiron couldn't have talked to Archetype before he targeted someone, because for xeiron to be able to talk to Archetype, all night action already need to be resolved, so it is certain that xeiron wasn't roleblocked or something.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 20, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

Ok, I see he couldn't have talked to xeiron until after he was neighborized, so he would have placed the order before he talked to xeiron.  I'm glad to have that objection taken care of! 

I'm going to vote: xeiron.  He said he wants to catch people in lies, so he was holding back information.  But this is the lie catching stage right now.  We are about to lynch Archetype.  His pm info that xeiron would have received is very important, whether it supports or incriminates Arch, or does nothing at all.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 20, 2014, 02:28:41 pm »

Ok, I see he couldn't have talked to xeiron until after he was neighborized, so he would have placed the order before he talked to xeiron.  I'm glad to have that objection taken care of! 

I'm going to vote: xeiron.  He said he wants to catch people in lies, so he was holding back information.  But this is the lie catching stage right now.  We are about to lynch Archetype.  His pm info that xeiron would have received is very important, whether it supports or incriminates Arch, or does nothing at all.

Well, he told me that Arch likely does have an investigative role, for what that's worth.

I do not think xeiron is scum. Why would scum!xeiron target me N1?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 20, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »

faust, what can you tell us about your qt conversations with xeiron?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:44 pm »

Well, he told me that Arch likely does have an investigative role, for what that's worth.

Well, you're both not in the US and your time zones are similar.  Why NOT you?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2014, 02:35:50 pm »

Well, we didn't talk too much. Last night, he said he thought Walrus and Archetype likely have the same alignment (he thought more likely town). I asked him why he thought that, he gave a convincing answer that I could repeat here. Then after night actions were submitted, I told him my target, he told me his, and said Archetype targeted Eevee and he likely has an investigative role. Then the thread was locked.

Do you also want to know about N1?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2014, 02:36:43 pm »

Well, you're both not in the US and your time zones are similar.  Why NOT you?

He is a Role Cop. My role was revealed to scum. scum!xeiron gets no additional knowledge from targeting me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2014, 02:36:52 pm »

Well, we didn't talk too much. Last night, he said he thought Walrus and Archetype likely have the same alignment (he thought more likely town). I asked him why he thought that, he gave a convincing answer that I could repeat here. Then after night actions were submitted, I told him my target, he told me his, and said Archetype targeted Eevee and he likely has an investigative role. Then the thread was locked.

Do you also want to know about N1?
sure!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2014, 02:45:08 pm »

Vote Count 3.5

Archetype (1): Voltaire
EFHW (1): Archetype
faust (1): Walrus
Walrus (1): faust
xeiron (1): EFHW

Not Voting (1): xeiron

With six alive it takes four to lynch

Deadline for Day3 will be 8 days and will be February 26 at 7:00 pm forum time.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 16 queries.