Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 84408 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #400 on: January 04, 2020, 08:48:47 pm »

I just got home from holiday and have not had time to dig into this and it is 1am so it will have to wait until tomorrow, but...

1) Space hate is un warranted in my opinion from the vca post. They obviously were running it off of the Final VC prior to the change. It was most likely just an error.

2) The brain eating order probably not the best idea. Basing that off of 2 things:
   a) LL was not eaten last night, which would suggest the demand for brains is lower than what we seem to of been assuming
   b) If we assume "skum" is all zombie, then it would also just give skum the algorithm to ensure they get the brains. Not like 100% but, based on the point system, I assume it could give
       them an upper hand.

happy NY everyone.
Why do you think my space hate is because she used the wrong Final Vote??

it was the general vibe I was getting based on all the comments about how a lot of the stuff they said was based on an inaccurate eod vote count.
I'm way more interested in alignment/intent than I am about fixing inaccurate bdetails

ok.. well assuming you don't know Space's alignment... what is it you believe their intent was with the post?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 04, 2020, 09:12:27 pm »

If all scum were zombies, Lalight's brain would have been eaten.

If more than one scum was on the zombie team, would they not have split their attempts though night-time communication? So rather than "not all scum are zombies", it sort of points to "no more than one scum zombie". Though I say "sort of points to" because I assume there could be other mechanisms at play, like someone being able to block brain-eating or something.

concept from the other side here. Town Zombies...

You get +1 if it is a shared faction according to the set up. so, they flipped town... so that is +1 if you are a town zombie.
You get +1 if you ended the day not voting for LL

Really, I guess the only town negative points would be; -1 for taking another night action.

But still that puts a town zombie at +1 (with a night action) on eating LL's brain if they were not on the wagon.

Skum Zombie could get..
+1 for not being on wagon
+.5 if you are not town aligned
Then the same -1 for taking a night action.

So if skum thinks there is town zombies, then it wouldn't really make sense for them to try to eat LL's brain if they took a night action.
Alternatively, if there are town zombies who assume there are skum zombies... it would make like zero sense for them to not eat LL's brain if they were off LL's wagon.

The only thing I can think of is that a town zombie was so convinced that skum was 100% off LL that they didn't even bother? But I do not see how that is possible.

Like there is no noted downside to trying and failing as opposed to not trying at all. So, since LL's brain is not gone, I assume that there is a blocking mechanic in play.
real good. That’s how

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 05, 2020, 02:01:06 am »

I'm way more interested in alignment/intent than I am about fixing inaccurate bdetails

ok.. well assuming you don't know Space's alignment... what is it you believe their intent was with the post?
Hey, that's a great question!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 05, 2020, 02:59:47 am »

Catching up.

Want to get this out there: I’m a Death Miller/miller and share the same alignment as shraeye in investigation and in my death. Faust also said my flip will include my Miller role.

Does this mean that if you are investigated, Shraeye's alignment will be revealed instead? Or the same alignment as would be reported for Shraeye (which may or may not be accurate)? Why is your flip important?
The latter of the two. And that’s just so you know what to expect if I were to die.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 05, 2020, 06:10:53 am »

Vote Count 2.1

SpaceAnemone (1): shraeye
Glooble (1): Awaclus
jotheonah (1): popsofctown

Not Voting (8): SpaceAnemone, Glooble, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, jotheonah, EFHW, Archetype, Galzria

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends on January 08, 2020, 07:00:00 am.

Prods issued on Glooble and Galzria.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2020, 06:53:42 am »

I think it’s very likely that we just got really unlucky and everyone tried to eat MiX’s brain. Look at it this way: Since almost no one was voting for MiX when he died, most town zombies probably get +2 for MiX, whereas several of them were probably voting for LaLight so they only had +1 there. If everyone went for the brain they thought they had the best chance of snagging it make total sense to me that they would all collide.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2020, 10:14:32 am »

Catching up.

Want to get this out there: I’m a Death Miller/miller and share the same alignment as shraeye in investigation and in my death. Faust also said my flip will include my Miller role.

Does this mean that if you are investigated, Shraeye's alignment will be revealed instead? Or the same alignment as would be reported for Shraeye (which may or may not be accurate)? Why is your flip important?
The latter of the two. And that’s just so you know what to expect if I were to die.
Are you going to flip looking like mafia or looking like Shraeye? Why him? Did you choose or were you simply informed?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 05, 2020, 10:15:19 am »

Vote:jorheonah I had a dream that he was scum.
I had a dream I was scum. Should I vote myself?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2020, 10:22:26 am »

Vote:EFHW
Absolutely
That sets you and joth 1-1 on dreams but you post scummier than he does.

If we work together we can save this zombified nation

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 05, 2020, 11:17:33 am »

Absolutely

I don't understand that last bit - if we're working together, are you scum with me? Or are we both town?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 05, 2020, 01:35:45 pm »

I'm willing to reach across the aisle if that's what it takes to pass this legislation

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2020, 02:13:06 pm »

vote: Shraeye until a confirmation about their double-vote from D1 is stated.

Also, still very much feel like Joth is scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2020, 02:14:28 pm »

Absolutely

I don't understand that last bit - if we're working together, are you scum with me? Or are we both town?

Do you have to be the same alignment to work together?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2020, 02:17:38 pm »

Vote: Glooble seems good

interesting. why?

Also, this is an example of a scum!Joth post - it's feigned interest, without committing to or engaging a read. He's looking for and prodding Awaclus to flesh out this read more while neither challenging it nor agreeing with it, maximizing his options down the line.

Mafia Record:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #414 on: January 05, 2020, 02:52:39 pm »

Well, now that you mention it. Vote: joth
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 05, 2020, 03:16:10 pm »

Don’t you get the sense that Joth is a town zombie? If he’s scum, why propose a brain eating plan. If he’s not a zombie, why propose a brain eating plan?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2020, 03:29:52 pm »

Don’t you get the sense that Joth is a town zombie? If he’s scum, why propose a brain eating plan. If he’s not a zombie, why propose a brain eating plan?

I’m not confident in either of those reads, no. The “plan” as proposed is barely fleshed (ha) out and feels as though it could be manipulated without much more strict control - something we’re very unlikely to come to an agreement on (and even if we could, is itself open to manipulation).

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2020, 05:12:39 pm »

Oh hey everyone thinks I’m scum cool. I need some time to get caught up, but I can make a defense or an alternate case or something tomorrow. And I’ll try and show up in pops’ dreams tonight to reassure him that I’m town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 05, 2020, 05:36:10 pm »

If more than one scum was on the zombie team, would they not have split their attempts though night-time communication? So rather than "not all scum are zombies", it sort of points to "no more than one scum zombie". Though I say "sort of points to" because I assume there could be other mechanisms at play, like someone being able to block brain-eating or something.

You get +1 if it is a shared faction according to the set up. so, they flipped town... so that is +1 if you are a town zombie.

Really, I guess the only town negative points would be; -1 for taking another night action.

But still that puts a town zombie at +1 (with a night action) on eating LL's brain if they were not on the wagon.

Skum Zombie could get..

So if skum thinks there is town zombies, then it wouldn't really make sense for them to try to eat LL's brain if they took a night action.
Alternatively, if there are town zombies who assume there are skum zombies... it would make like zero sense for them to not eat LL's brain if they were off LL's wagon.

The only thing I can think of is that a town zombie was so convinced that skum was 100% off LL that they didn't even bother? But I do not see how that is possible.

Like there is no noted downside to trying and failing as opposed to not trying at all. So, since LL's brain is not gone, I assume that there is a blocking mechanic in play.

Sure, I get what you're saying. My point was just that if there are two scum zombies, I think they wouldn't both have tried to eat MiX's brain, given that only one of them can possibly eat it. So I'm saying that I think there is at most one scum zombie right now (or possibly that there's more of a mechanism at play to explain why nobody got LL).

The rest of your points are fine, though note that Pops, if a zombie, would almost certainly win MiX's brain, for having both targete him and also killed him, which nobody else really had any chance to do (unless we have more targeting daytime roles?). So anyone going for MiX would have to be confident that Pops wasn't a Zombie, or would be taking a gamble on that at least.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2020, 05:39:06 pm »

Hey, that's a great question!

I'm confused by this response. Are you going to say to Swan what you thought my intent was, or am I supposed to explain what I thought my intent was?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2020, 07:39:32 pm »

Skum Zombie could get..

Sure, I get what you're saying. My point was just that if there are two scum zombies, I think they wouldn't both have tried to eat MiX's brain, given that only one of them can possibly eat it. So I'm saying that I think there is at most one scum zombie right now (or possibly that there's more of a mechanism at play to explain why nobody got LL).

The rest of your points are fine, though note that Pops, if a zombie, would almost certainly win MiX's brain, for having both targete him and also killed him, which nobody else really had any chance to do (unless we have more targeting daytime roles?). So anyone going for MiX would have to be confident that Pops wasn't a Zombie, or would be taking a gamble on that at least.

Had not considered the pops thing. You are of course right. If pops is zombie then they for sure eat mix brain.
So what does that mean?
If pops is zombie and has other zombie partner (assuming skum), LL not being eaten would be weird.
If pops is zombie and has no zombie partner, then ok.
Or pops  could be town zombie.

But i think that since LL is not eaten but mix is it makes me think pops is some variation of zombie.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2020, 07:49:25 pm »

Why are we zombie hunting again? That serves... what purpose?

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2020, 08:50:29 pm »

I like a joth/efoo scumteam right now but I'm willing to drop joth from my solve if he doesn't stand me up tonight and shows up in my dreams and does town things.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2020, 09:47:36 pm »

Right?

Maybe you could get us started on a more productive line of thinking...
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2020, 10:32:17 pm »

Right?

Maybe you could get us started on a more productive line of thinking...

Vote Shrey. Or Joth. Both are more productive discussion points.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.