Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 83602 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2020, 07:16:46 pm »

Vote: Glooble seems good
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2020, 08:56:52 pm »

Catching up.

Want to get this out there: I’m a Death Miller/miller and share the same alignment as shraeye in investigation and in my death. Faust also said my flip will include my Miller role.

Does this mean that if you are investigated, Shraeye's alignment will be revealed instead? Or the same alignment as would be reported for Shraeye (which may or may not be accurate)? Why is your flip important?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2020, 08:57:51 pm »

IDK what to make of the ADK death. I want to say that it makes pops look skummy, but also I guess skum would of done that for WIFOM anyways.

Who would you have chosen and why?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2020, 09:12:04 pm »

I just got home from holiday and have not had time to dig into this and it is 1am so it will have to wait until tomorrow, but...

1) Space hate is un warranted in my opinion from the vca post. They obviously were running it off of the Final VC prior to the change. It was most likely just an error.

I could be mistaken, but I doubt Shraeye's vote was for the mistake. It had a finger wagging quality to it, and I myself didn't care for being characterized as slinking scum. Could be scummy mudslinging, but my OMGUS is telling me to wait for more indications of their alignment before voting.

2) The brain eating order probably not the best idea. Basing that off of 2 things:
   a) LL was not eaten last night, which would suggest the demand for brains is lower than what we seem to of been assuming
   b) If we assume "skum" is all zombie, then it would also just give skum the algorithm to ensure they get the brains. Not like 100% but, based on the point system, I assume it could give
       them an upper hand.

happy NY everyone.
I don't see how scum could take advantage of this plan. If zombies are all scum as well, they can just share the brains in their qt. But it's really improbable that zombie=scum. Maybe you shouldn't spell out how scum could benefit, but the plan does seem like a reasonable precaution. I think the main problem with it is that some of the zombie points will be public knowledge, and people could ignore the plan and pick where to vote based on who is supposed to vote where and what their scores are likely to be. We don't have a great track record of all town players cooperating with plans made in thread.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 03, 2020, 09:13:00 pm »

Just to clarify, it was Space's post that felt like finger-wagging, not Shraeye's vote.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2020, 12:02:53 am »

interesting. why?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2020, 12:43:07 am »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2020, 01:32:34 am »

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2020, 03:27:02 am »

I just got home from holiday and have not had time to dig into this and it is 1am so it will have to wait until tomorrow, but...

1) Space hate is un warranted in my opinion from the vca post. They obviously were running it off of the Final VC prior to the change. It was most likely just an error.

2) The brain eating order probably not the best idea. Basing that off of 2 things:
   a) LL was not eaten last night, which would suggest the demand for brains is lower than what we seem to of been assuming
   b) If we assume "skum" is all zombie, then it would also just give skum the algorithm to ensure they get the brains. Not like 100% but, based on the point system, I assume it could give
       them an upper hand.

happy NY everyone.
Why do you think my space hate is because she used the wrong Final Vote??

it was the general vibe I was getting based on all the comments about how a lot of the stuff they said was based on an inaccurate eod vote count.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2020, 03:28:14 am »

We don't have a great track record of all town players cooperating with plans made in thread.

yeah, that is part of the reason why I am trying to shut it down
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 04, 2020, 03:30:38 am »

We don't have a great track record of all town players cooperating with plans made in thread.

yeah, that is part of the reason why I am trying to shut it down

so wait... I am saying do not do the plan, and you are saying the plan most likely will not work. Is your disagreement simply based on the fact that I think skum are zombies? I assumed that was everyone's general consensus - like syllogism wise - "not all zombies are skum, but all skum are zombies". I was making that inference off of the posted win cons in OP. I don't see how that could not be the case.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 04, 2020, 03:31:02 am »

why does it keep re quoting me!!! sorry.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 04, 2020, 08:14:36 am »

If all scum were zombies, Lalight's brain would have been eaten.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 04, 2020, 08:52:49 am »

Hold on a second, Glooble has soft-claimed an important role. Why are you so confident that isn't true? And to get any kind of traction on this particular wagon, you would need to make a pretty strong case.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #389 on: January 04, 2020, 10:55:37 am »

Hold on a second, Glooble has soft-claimed an important role. Why are you so confident that isn't true? And to get any kind of traction on this particular wagon, you would need to make a pretty strong case.

Why are you so confident that it is true, when it's a completely non-falsifiable statement?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 04, 2020, 10:59:44 am »

them an upper hand.

happy NY everyone.

it was the general vibe I was getting based on all the comments about how a lot of the stuff they said was based on an inaccurate eod vote count.
I'm way more interested in alignment/intent than I am about fixing inaccurate bdetails

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #391 on: January 04, 2020, 12:08:16 pm »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Galzria (3): SpaceAnemone, shraeye, LaLight
Glooble (1): Awaclus
LaLight (7): popsofctown, shraeye, Glooble, DatSwan, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, Galzria
A Drowned Kernel (1): jotheonah
jotheonah (2): Archetype, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (0)

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Space, this was the final vote. It doesn’t match your order. Galz was the hammer, not ADK. Shraeye is listed twice (on LL and Galz) so I’m guessing that was the vote faust missed initially.

I think the order of faust's VC is unconventional, in that WCD and Swan should appear the other way around if we follow the convention of listing people in order of when they firt cast a vote for the player in question. WCD voted for LL at #313, Swan at #328.

Yes, I guess Galz was the hammer rather than ADK, given that the game was down to 13 players. I should perhaps re-interpret my "his vote was justified" a little, but I think it's accurate that there's not much you can read into a vote or hammer on the leading wagon when he himself was the leading counterwagon.

Why specificly did it bother you that my order doesn't match faust's? Do you think it changes how suspicious we should be of the various players?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 04, 2020, 12:09:10 pm »

@faust: in the event of a player death when the VC is not reset, do votes from players who've voting for the newly-dead player automatically get set to "not voting"?

Up till now, I think I've only had to use my auto-VC on games with the kinds of deaths that always reset the voting, and I'm finding it annoyingly messy to adapt :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 04, 2020, 12:12:18 pm »

If all scum were zombies, Lalight's brain would have been eaten.

If more than one scum was on the zombie team, would they not have split their attempts though night-time communication? So rather than "not all scum are zombies", it sort of points to "no more than one scum zombie". Though I say "sort of points to" because I assume there could be other mechanisms at play, like someone being able to block brain-eating or something.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 04, 2020, 12:27:41 pm »

I'm way more interested in alignment/intent than I am about fixing inaccurate bdetails

The entire point of my votes-for-LL post was to look for intent and try to infer something about alignemnt. You've said I did it badly, but you haven't said anything else yourself to further the discussion in useful directions.

As for alignment and weird indications, I'm actually confused about WCD's reaction to my vote list not matching the VC. I gave post numbers for almost every vote, and it's trivial to check that I wasn't making them up, so why pull up a point about the ordering when it's not relevant to what my post was about, and I clearly wasn't even using the VC to construct the list of who voted when and under what circumstances, becasue otherwise I wouldn't have made the error of attributing the hammer to ADK instead of Galz.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 04, 2020, 01:00:22 pm »

In unrelated news, I've just booked two Budapest apartments for my birthday trip later in the year :-o This time I'm taking 10 friends are we're going to do so many escape rooms and hot baths and lots of eating and boardgaming :-)

(For people who aren't Didds, this is kind of relevant because Didds and I met up in Budapest last year and it was awesome!)

OMG! OMG! That is so awesome!!! You’ll have to do the Gellert v. Széchenyi bath showdown. And the escape game! I’m so excited for you. When is your birthday???

It's in the week before Easter, so for once I'm glad to have a birthday when friends have holiday time!

As for Gellert vs Széchenyi, I think Széchenyi is the one I feel most excited personally about revisiting :-)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 04, 2020, 02:40:32 pm »

As for alignment and weird indications, I'm actually confused about WCD's reaction to my vote list not matching the VC. I gave post numbers for almost every vote, and it's trivial to check that I wasn't making them up, so why pull up a point about the ordering when it's not relevant to what my post was about, and I clearly wasn't even using the VC to construct the list of who voted when and under what circumstances, becasue otherwise I wouldn't have made the error of attributing the hammer to ADK instead of Galz.

You’ve made a much bigger deal of this than I did. My point was really just that ADK hadn’t been the hammer.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 04, 2020, 02:44:00 pm »

Vote:jorheonah I had a dream that he was scum. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 04, 2020, 04:10:51 pm »

Why are you so confident that it is true, when it's a completely non-falsifiable statement?
I'm not. But you want to lynch him. That suggests you strongly disbelieve him. I'm interested in your thoughts on that subject.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 04, 2020, 05:58:45 pm »

@faust: in the event of a player death when the VC is not reset, do votes from players who've voting for the newly-dead player automatically get set to "not voting"?
Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33  All

Page created in 2.344 seconds with 20 queries.