Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Adversity (Beta)  (Read 12454 times)

Multitallented

• Swindler
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Adversity (Beta)
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
+1

Yeah I was afraid of that. I think making it cost 6 might be a solution.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 03:55:42 pm »

Yeah I was afraid of that. I think making it cost 6 might be a solution.
Hmm, even with baker then. Potion cost might be the solution.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Multitallented

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 05:03:46 pm »

I love that idea! Potion it is! I wanted this set to not be dependent on Alchemy, but it's ok.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 05:18:26 pm »

I love that idea! Potion it is! I wanted this set to not be dependent on Alchemy, but it's ok.
If that's still a big problem, you could set it aside until after your second shuffle or so, like exotic traders. Actually, i like that more than potion.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »

'When you gain this, discard a curse. If you do not, trash this.'

Using a curse as treasure.

Multitallented

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 05:37:53 pm »
+1

I'll look into alternatives for the potion. I do really like it being independent from Alchemy. Discarding a Curse might work. There's already a lot of text on there though...

Also, I've added a new card, Darkness. Might be interesting

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 06:32:00 pm »

Not a huge fan of the photomanip. It should specify when you can discard a curse.

EDIT: http://serjio-c.deviantart.com/art/Dark-forest-405982384
this might make an OK image. A quick google search of "Digital Art Dark Forest" revealed some good candidates. Or you could keep your current art.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:38:35 am by ThetaSigma12 »

Multitallented

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 07:07:47 pm »
+1

I've changed the wording.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 11:07:00 am »

Looked through your travellers for the first time, they look pretty cool. A few things still hold be back from getting them.
-Sorcerer is worse than witch. It should have some benefit, such as +$1 or so that gives it an edge.
-There's a lot of blank space on the burglar art. Yes, this is nitpicky, but it's annoying me.
-I already have cards called Barbarian (Part of my Civilization) and Sorcerer (Part of Asper's Spells).

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2016, 07:50:14 pm »
+1

I don't think the new Night Patrol wording works. I think that the most reasonable interpretation of the wording would be that your opponents skip their next turn. If you skip the start of the turn, then the turn can't ever start. "The start of their turn" is simply the moment that the turn begins, if they get any turn at all them by definition that turn must start.

What's wrong with the wording I suggested a whole back? "Start of turn effects don't happen".
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 07:52:19 pm »
+1

-Sorcerer is worse than witch. It should have some benefit, such as +$1 or so that gives it an edge.

I don't think there's any issue with a Traveller card being strictly worse or better than another card. The fact that it's a Traveller is enough.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 08:34:56 pm »

I don't think there's any issue with a Traveller card being strictly worse or better than another card. The fact that it's a Traveller is enough.
I was that donald X said fugitiv3 was too good for 4, i.e. travellers should usually be better than tehir cost. My wording for night patrol needs a FAQ, but yours works too.

Multitallented

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »

I changed the wording back to GendoIkari's wording because it worked better in testing. I also took out a buy from Scorched Earth and changed the price to 7. In testing it was still too strong with the Potion cost.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 01:09:29 pm »

You should give credit to the artist if you can.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »

I want to discuss Night Patrol and Vacate. Vacate is cool, but it has a problem. The "reaction" hardly ever matters. In most boards, it's only +2 Cards and one later, which is pretty bad, and not at all interesting.  Night patrol doesn't work. It's really mean and too degenerate. What if they were combined?
Vacate, Action Attack Duration
+2 Cards
Each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a Duration card (or reveals a hand with no Durations). At the start of your next turn, +2 Cards.
------------
While this is in play, when another player plays an Attack, you may set aside the cards your hand (under this) until the start of your next turn.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 06:00:58 pm »

I want to discuss Night Patrol and Vacate. Vacate is cool, but it has a problem. The "reaction" hardly ever matters. In most boards, it's only +2 Cards and one later, which is pretty bad, and not at all interesting.  Night patrol doesn't work. It's really mean and too degenerate. What if they were combined?
+2 Cards
Each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a Duration card (or reveals a hand with no Durations). At the start of your next turn, +2 Cards.
------------
While this is in play, when another player plays an Attack, you may set aside the cards your hand (under this) until the start of your next turn.

I'm surprised that Night Patrol would be strong. Are there really than many "start of turn" effects? Sure there's plenty in Seaside and Adventures, and a few in Empires... but in pretty much all the other sets combined, the attack actually does next to nothing.

Although I did just realize a major flaw with the wording that changed something about the concept that I hadn't realized before...

Cards set aside by Gear, Haven, Archive, and Horse Traders (itself) are gone forever if your opponent plays a Night Patrol right after you play one of those.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 06:15:15 pm »
+1

+2 Cards
------------
...Although I did just realize a major flaw with the wording that changed something about the concept that I hadn't realized before...

Cards set aside by Gear, Haven, Archive, and Horse Traders (itself) are gone forever if your opponent plays a Night Patrol right after you play one of those.
I think that's part of why Theta said it didn't work as-is. Although, that makes me think something that could make it work is by saying "While this is in play, other players' 'start of turn' effects are delayed till their next turn."

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 06:39:53 pm »

+2 Cards
------------

I'm surprised that Night Patrol would be strong. Are there really than many "start of turn" effects? Sure there's plenty in Seaside and Adventures, and a few in Empires... but in pretty much all the other sets combined, the attack actually does next to nothing.

Although I did just realize a major flaw with the wording that changed something about the concept that I hadn't realized before...

It's not strong per se, in fact it's quite weak. It just ruins the game too much.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.