Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180063 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Night 3)
« Reply #1900 on: May 04, 2014, 02:53:10 pm »

Vote Count 4.FINAL

AndrewisFTTW (1): ashersky,
ashersky (3): AndrewisFTTW, yuma, Archetype

Not Voting (1): Jimmmmm

With 5 alive it tooks 3 to lynch.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 4)
« Reply #1901 on: May 04, 2014, 03:06:49 pm »

After long hours of staring at each other, sometimes someone saying something, the group quickly rounded on ashersky, crying "He's one of the Forsaken!"

They brought him up to mail-mi's tent--and realized that he was, in fact, still dead. They stood there, looking awkwardly at each other, until someone came bounding into the camp.

"Sorry sorry sorry I'm late," the newcomer said. "I'm Jorbles--your backup mod." He ran into mail-mi's tent and pulled out the Oath Rod, then handed it to ashersky.

Ashersky held it in his hands. "I vow to speak any word that is untrue," he said. "I am not a Darkfriend."

The three that had grabbed him looked at each other and shrugged. "I guess he's not a Darkfriend then." They started to walk away, but Archetype stopped.

"Wait," he said. "He said 'I vow
to speak any word that is untrue... He's a liar and a Darkfriend!" The three surrounded him, and soon ashersky was no more.

Ashersky has been lynched. He was Moghedien, the Spider, the Forsaken-aligned Rolecop!

NIGHT 4 STARTS NOW!

Night actions are due by 11 PM forum time on Monday, May 5th (Shorter night because I will not be available at 3 pm forum time on tuesday and there's only 4 people alive).
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Night 4)
« Reply #1902 on: May 05, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »

Beware! There is a shift in the winds, and the Dark One has begun to touch the world! Time is being distorted, and the sun is moving faster!

Night 4 is ending at 11 PM FT tonight! If you don't have an action in, or want to change your action, make sure to do it by then!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 05, 2014, 11:09:57 pm »

The group awoke to a dreary sight. Dead bodies of fallen comrades lay strewn everywhere. However, none of them were fresh.

No one has died.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone,
into the Shadow with teeth bared,
screaming defiance with the last breath,
to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last Day.
-Aiel Oath

Day 5 start!
Thread Unlocked!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 05, 2014, 11:11:33 pm »

fascinating...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: May 05, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (4): Jimmmmm, AndrewisFTTW, yuma, Archetype

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 5 ends on Monday, May 12 at 11 PM FT (note the shortened deadline).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: May 05, 2014, 11:12:04 pm »

Alright... so Jimmmm and Andrew convince us...

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 5)
« Reply #1907 on: May 05, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

Well I doctored Arch and Arch has you covered so

vote: Jimm

And that's that.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »

I tracked Andrew and sure enough he only targeted Arch.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 05, 2014, 11:47:59 pm »

If Jimm killed me, Arch and yuma would lynch him right away. If Jimm killed yuma (by targeting me and thus me roleblocking Arch), me and Arch would kill Jimm right away.

If Arch was scum, he would've killed yuma and claimed I roleblocked him so I could carry out the kill.

I am most definitely not scum so that leaves Jimm.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 06, 2014, 12:03:30 am »

If Jimm killed yuma (by targeting me and thus me roleblocking Arch), me and Arch would kill Jimm right away.

I'm not sure that's true.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 06, 2014, 12:09:50 am »

Ash had no choice but to completely side with Jimm yesterday. Here are a couple examples:

I had a town read on Jimmmmm early, he's definitely not anywhere close to the scumminess of Andrew.  If the choice is Andrew or Jimmmmm, that's super easy.  If everyone else votes for Jimmmmm, well that's that.  I'm trying to convince you (and everyone) to lynch Andrew.

I mean, you knew I preferred Andrew.  I'm not lynching either of you two today.  I'd only lynch Jimmmmm (today) if it was him or me.

And just in case he gets lynched, he plants this seed oh so conspicuously:

I absolutely expect Andrew's partner to bus today, btw.

Clever.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 06, 2014, 12:11:04 am »

Ok so that last point doesn't make sense. Whatever, it's late and I need to go to sleep.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: May 06, 2014, 12:11:41 am »

If Jimm killed yuma (by targeting me and thus me roleblocking Arch), me and Arch would kill Jimm right away.

Which part?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 06, 2014, 12:54:16 am »

Which part?

...the quoted part.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 06, 2014, 10:02:26 am »

So yuma and Arch, what do you think?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 06, 2014, 10:18:04 pm »

Well I think I want to go with my gut and trust my read on you. It has been a strong town read pretty much all game. Going back on that would just be crazy. Really the only thing that jumps out as suspicious for me in regard to you is that you are still alive. But that really isn't a very good argument at all...

I kinda wavered for a while because I was still alive. But I am pretty sure that the lack of a mafia kill night2 was because I was protected from being killed (by both you are Arch apparently). Not 100% sure, but pretty sure. So that mitigates that concern as I would expect mafia to have killed me off if you weren't mafia, and it appears they tried to do so.

So really I am most likely going to vote for Jimmmmmm.

I can't speak for Arch, but to get a lynch through Arch and I will have to vote together.

At the least I want to give Jimmmm a chance for some last words, but I won't wait long. I don't anticipated using up the whole of this day. Part of that is because I am already pretty sure from my previous rereads and I don't have time to do any more rereading as I am on this week at work. So Jimmmm I guess speak up if you have anything to say...

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 06, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I think scum either decided to no-kill or scum can't kill AND use their powers. I'm leaning the latter.t

From scum!Jimmmmm's position: He knows that Andrew, yuma, and I are all Town. Whether he's a Tracker or not, he has to have a result to claim the next day. Here is where things branch off:
If Mafia CAN kill and use a power: he targets Andrew forcing him to roleblock me and then kills yuma. He then tries to convince me to lynch Andrew FTW.
If Mafia CAN'T kill and use a power: he has to make a choice. If he kills Andrew, he knows yuma and I will lynch him the following day. If he uses his power, he does so and is either a Tracker and targets Andrew (no other targets make sense) or uses his actual power and fakeclaims his result or just no-kills and claims a result.

From scum!Andrew's position: He knows that Jimmmmm, yuma, and I are all Town. Things branch off once again:

If Mafia CAN kill and use a power: He targets me like he said he would in case Jimmmmm Tracks him and, if he's a Roleblocker (which I'm pretty sure his power is if he is scum), kills yum and must try to convince me to lynch Jimmmmm the following day.
If Mafia CAN'T kill and use a power: He can't kill no matter what. If I'm dead, he's dead. If Jimmmmm doesn't see him target me, he's dead. If Jimmmmm's dead, he's dead. So he just targets me with his power and has to try to convince everyone else that he isn't scum.

If both cases where Mafia can kill and use their power, they could opt to no-kill. Look to "Can't Kill and use a power" for what I think for each person.

I think it's pretty implausible that Jimmmmm is and could kill and use a power in the same night. If he were, he'd target Andrew and then kill yuma. Perfect frame job to get Andrew lynched the next day. This, combined with his Tracking of me, makes me really think that Andrew FTTW is the last scum. I'll be rereading Andrew now knowing that WW and ashersky are scum and see it if isn't too farfetched.  Yuma, what are your thoughts?

PPE: yuma

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 06, 2014, 10:23:27 pm »

I must admit I'm pretty lost as to who the most likely scum is. The way ash was on Andrew Day 1 - he just doesn't do that to his scumbuddies. Especially in an RMM game in which there are likely non-Mafia kills going around. I mean, I guess he could have done it knowing that everyone would think he wouldn't, but man that's risky for him.

I really can't see yuma being scum, which leaves me with Arch. yuma, how certain are you that Arch is Town? Remind me why?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 06, 2014, 10:27:06 pm »

Hmmm, I messed up a little on Andrew's thing there. If he kills yuma, Jimmmmm would Track that. So that does put points in his favor.

Agh. Now I'm not sure. My gut tells me that Jimmmmm is Town.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: May 06, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »

Hmmm, I messed up a little on Andrew's thing there. If he kills yuma, Jimmmmm would Track that. So that does put points in his favor.

Agh. Now I'm not sure. My gut tells me that Jimmmmm is Town.

What do you think about ash/Andrew?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 06, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »

I must admit I'm pretty lost as to who the most likely scum is. The way ash was on Andrew Day 1 - he just doesn't do that to his scumbuddies. Especially in an RMM game in which there are likely non-Mafia kills going around. I mean, I guess he could have done it knowing that everyone would think he wouldn't, but man that's risky for him.

I really can't see yuma being scum, which leaves me with Arch. yuma, how certain are you that Arch is Town? Remind me why?

I have never explained my reasoning. And I am still not fully going to for a specific reason. But I am pretty confident about it. Like the narrative for it setup wise makes totally sense to me. I will be honest... part of this confidence is based of something that ash was hinting at from his role copping him, but I don't think ash was lying.

There is a narrative where Arch is scum. I do have a conspiracy theory about it. But it is so far out there and goes against everything that I have been assuming thus far this game. It would require some steps that don't make sense setup wise.

So arch just isn't getting lynched today. I know that probably isn't completely satisfying to you and if I am wrong (and I really, really don't think that I am) then the game was doomed a long, long time ago...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 06, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »

Might not get an answer, but might as well try this:

Mods: Can mafia use their powers and perform a kill on the same night? What if there is only 1 mafia left?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 06, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

What possible reason is there to hide information at this point? We need to lynch scum, period. If there's even the slightest chance that Arch is scum you owe it to us to share whatever it is you have on him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 06, 2014, 10:34:11 pm »

What possible reason is there to hide information at this point? We need to lynch scum, period. If there's even the slightest chance that Arch is scum you owe it to us to share whatever it is you have on him.

If for some reason whomever we lynch is lynchproof or if we decide to no-lynch I don't want the relevant information known going into night. Like I said there is a narrative. I just think it is conspiracy theory garbage that is making me a little nervous.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.