Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180149 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #1675 on: April 24, 2014, 11:38:28 pm »

Witherweaver has been killed! He was Rahvin, the Diplomat, a Forsaken-aligned Redirector!

But mafia is forsaken... I think you got shot by mafia and then lost a shot because you stole xeiron's dagger...

and we never did get the flavor for that kill to indicate (maybe there would have been no indication...) that it was a double kill.

Who did you kill Night1? shraeye or faust?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 3)
« Reply #1676 on: April 24, 2014, 11:40:11 pm »

That would be incredibly trollish, to reward me with a shot of forsaken-immune for stealing the dagger, and then immediately take it away for stealing the dagger.

I killed Faust, he had a scum read on me, people with scum reads on me = bad

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 24, 2014, 11:42:32 pm »

That would be incredibly trollish, to reward me with a shot of forsaken-immune for stealing the dagger, and then immediately take it away for stealing the dagger.

oh... I misunderstood what you were saying then... so you received an immunity for stealing the dagger. Gotcha. Did you get anything as a reward for targeting me? Did you know you would be able to get rewards?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 24, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »

N2 kill actions that by far make the most sense to me:

TA kills WW
Mafia shoots TA, using 1/2 forsaken-immune shots
Yuma shoots TA, using 2/2 forsaken-immune shots

I have been trying to wrap my head around this all day in my QT, but I just can't think that TWO shots came from mafia because:

1) I think mafia having two shots is very powerful
2) If they had two shots, I highly doubt they'd use them both on the same person

It IS possible WW redirected your shot to me, in which case Jimmmmm is WW's partner. But I probably would have died to your shot if you were town.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 24, 2014, 11:46:45 pm »

oh... I misunderstood what you were saying then... so you received an immunity for stealing the dagger. Gotcha. Did you get anything as a reward for targeting me? Did you know you would be able to get rewards?

Yeah, I knew if I stole the dagger, I'd get a second shot of forsaken immunity. I thought you might have the dagger N1, I was wrong, N2 I guessed correctly (and am glad that I did, cause I'd be dead if I didn't).

I also lost my thieving power after stealing the dagger, which was in my PM but I forgot and would have screwed over my (semi) fake claim anyways.

I had no idea that Xeiron would die from me taking the dagger, or that it would be revealed in thread.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 24, 2014, 11:47:48 pm »

Yuma shoots TA, using 2/2 forsaken-immune shots

Again... I shot WW. I can't be a mystical third, third party. you are the third party. There can only be one.

Why am I arguing with confirmed scum? I don't know...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 24, 2014, 11:49:20 pm »

Because I was shot twice last night, and mafia usually have one shot, so I think you may have been the one to shoot me last night.

I am doing this for the sake of solving the setup at this point, cause obviously I'm not winning. But guys, really, Yuma may also be scum. If he is, though, he doesn't have any shots left.

If he's scum, there's probably only 1 more mafia out there.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 24, 2014, 11:50:06 pm »

It IS possible WW redirected your shot to me, in which case Jimmmmm is WW's partner. But I probably would have died to your shot if you were town.

I can't see a situation where WW would redirect my shot. I tried to make it very clear that my only ability was the Dayvig and to keep the ngihtvig completely secret.

Why target someone with a redirector when you don't think they have a role... No I am quite confident that WW targeted Andrew.

Do you think that xeiron is mafia or town? I guess it doens't really matter he is probably going to die anyways unless killing you prevents that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:37 pm »

Because I was shot twice last night, and mafia usually have one shot, so I think you may have been the one to shoot me last night.

I am doing this for the sake of solving the setup at this point, cause obviously I'm not winning. But guys, really, Yuma may also be scum. If he is, though, he doesn't have any shots left.

If he's scum, there's probably only 1 more mafia out there.

Ok.... Let's go through this again.

You are the SK. There is a mafia faction that I am not a part of. You agree with this yes?

If so, then I am town. Because mail-mi said there can only be 1 mafia faction and only 1 third party. There can't be a fourth party. So stop pretending that it is possible

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:57 pm »

Xeiron's 100% town. He is Mat Cauthon or however it's spelled.

I have been pretty honest with my reads (except on Sudgy I think), I believe there's mafia in Jimmm/Arch. Jimmmm's claim is fishiest to me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 24, 2014, 11:52:30 pm »

I have been pretty honest with my reads (except on Sudgy I think), I believe there's mafia in Jimmm/Arch. Jimmmm's claim is fishiest to me.

Arch isn't mafia. Guarantee it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:35 pm »

No I get that.

But from my perspective (which you really have no reason to believe, but hey):

Going into last night, I was 1-shot forsaken immune.

After stealing the dagger, I was 2-shot forsaken immune.

I am now 0-shot forsaken immune.

Obviously, mafia shot me once. But where's the second shot from?

It could very well be from you. Knowing that I shot Witherweaver, I know that you didn't have to, so I think you are a likely target for someone who shot me last night.

If it's not you, where did that second shot come from? Do you think I'm making it up?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:51 pm »

Arch isn't mafia. Guarantee it.

And this is 100% based off of his claim?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 25, 2014, 12:02:27 am »

No I get that.

It could very well be from you. Knowing that I shot Witherweaver, I know that you didn't have to, so I think you are a likely target for someone who shot me last night.

If it's not you, where did that second shot come from? Do you think I'm making it up?

I don't know...

Mafia having two independent shots would be overpowered I think.

It is possible you are making it up... You are a SK. But I don't have answers for you, just what I know and what the mod has told us. If you can't trust the mod, then who can you trust?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 25, 2014, 12:04:45 am »

You are using wording in the OP for your defense...yes I get what you are saying about there only being 1 third-party but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

This is unlikely probably, but it's one possible explanation for why I was shot twice last night, and the one that requires the least jumps. Maybe mafia have some power-sucking cyborg or something but if thats the case I know nothing about it.

Regardless I am losing any argument so yeah. I am off to bed, goodnight Yuma!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 25, 2014, 12:08:28 am »

You are using wording in the OP for your defense...yes I get what you are saying about there only being 1 third-party but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Nothing is impossible, but if that were the case then it would be an obvious case of moderator lying and this game would immediately be qualified as bastard. But it isn't, as I am town, so of course I am going to use the OP as a defense! Because it is the OP! And you already claimed the SK spot.

Goodnight.

I am also off to bed and will be leaving early tomorrow morning. I won't say we should wait for me to get back--I don't know if I will ahve internet access or not--but maybe waiting (sorry to prolong the inevitable TA) would be best so I can be around to talk some stuff through with people Sunday evening. I will leave my vote where it is.

BUT DO NOT lynch someone else why I am gone. We might lynch someone else when I get back, but wait for me to get back at least...

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 25, 2014, 12:09:26 am »

Well regardless we can't lynch yuma unless we lynch Arch/Arch gets killed. I'm not so sure we should lynch Arch now that we have his claim. It's probably best to get the SK out of the way, right?

unvote

I'm going to sleep too, goodnight.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 25, 2014, 12:10:32 am »

Wow.  I feel like an idiot.

vote: TA obviously.  Let Yuma hammer, so keep track of votes.

The shots stuff is weird.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 25, 2014, 12:25:39 am »

No I get that.

Actually, I thought of a scenario:

Say scum!ash has a N0 head start on his Role Cop. He uses it to investigate Yuma and sees that he has a night vig. On N2, Witherweaver redirects Yuma's kill to TA in addition to their nightkill. I don't find it too far fetched.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 25, 2014, 12:29:41 am »

Seems like TA is the lynch today. At first, I thought it'd be a good idea to leave him alive for at least one more night, but I guess if we lynch Mafia today he'd really have no incentive to kill the other. So lynching him now rather than later may be the better move. Though, after playing with TA for long enough, I don't think he'd backstab like that. But I guess if he's really tryin his hardest to win, he would.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:35 am »

I really think we should try to lynch Mafia today rather than TA. There'll then be two night kills, and if Andrew can stop any one of them, we'll survive, rather that how it would be if we Lynch TA, which would make Andrew need to guess exactly right. How much time do we have?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:08 am »

I really think we should try to lynch Mafia today rather than TA. There'll then be two night kills, and if Andrew can stop any one of them, we'll survive, rather that how it would be if we Lynch TA, which would make Andrew need to guess exactly right. How much time do we have?

Surely we'll be in a better position to lynch scum Tomorrow than Today, after someone else has been taken out of the lynch pool and/or we have more Night Action results to go off?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 25, 2014, 01:58:34 am »

I don't think it's possible for TA to win unless we lynch Mafia and fail to protect someone.

PPE 1: no, we will probably not be in a good position. The Mafia will have us endgamed unless somehow we can protect Andrew.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:55 am »

The Mafia will have us endgamed unless somehow we can protect Andrew.

Sorry if this has already been stated, but how?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 25, 2014, 02:58:32 am »

I don't think it's possible for TA to win unless we lynch Mafia and fail to protect someone.

PPE 1: no, we will probably not be in a good position. The Mafia will have us endgamed unless somehow we can protect Andrew.

You are assuming how many mafia?

We are 8 alive.  1 SK.

Lynch SK, 7 alive, X Mafia.  yuma can't die, Andrew can save someone.  If mafia get a kill through anyway, we have 6 alive, X mafia.  Unless you think there are 3 more mafia, there's no endgaming there.

If we leave TA alive...mislynch and we are at 7 alive, 1 SK, X mafia.  Worst case there is 2 town kills and 5 alive with SK + X scum and town's definitely done.

We have to remove the scum nightkill from this equation.  Yeah, TA might be shooting for scum, but if he shoots wrong?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 16 queries.