Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 181379 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 3)
« Reply #1650 on: April 24, 2014, 06:31:58 pm »

tainted could mean semi-sane... meaning maybe he got a town result on WW incorrectly?

I don't know what tainted could mean in this context and probably isn't worth the time to try and figure it out.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »

I may be wrong about how my results would look, but can you conceive of how a Thief SK role title is written that makes sense with my result?

Like, "1-Shot Forsaken Immune Thief Serial Killer" doesn't work.  You could say Thieving SK, but then my result was technically bastard.  It'd need to be thieving vanilla, not just thief.

I will say that 1-shot forsaken immune SK is sensible.  I don't see how we can reconcile my result wording with a SK, though.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 24, 2014, 07:31:49 pm »

You wouldn't get "SK" in your result... SK is not a role. It is an alignment. Thief is a role... thus you would get thief...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 24, 2014, 07:32:32 pm »

Just like you wouldn't get "Town Thief" or "Mafia Thief" You just get thief

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 24, 2014, 07:37:38 pm »

I think we had this argument in the normal vs. RMM thread.

I believe that all roles are roles.  So vanilla townie is a role and mafia goon is a role.  You strip alignment by calling them both vanilla in results.  I never really thought of this in relation to the role of serial killer.

To me, 1-shot BP, for example, is an adjective, a role modifier, not a role.  You are a 1-shot BP Townie in Matrix6, where the BP modifies townie.

Anyway, this is all theoretical.

In order to assure the role cop is not an alignment cop, you'd have to decide how to return SK results.  Turning "thieving" into "thief" is one way.  Just doesn't strike me as right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 24, 2014, 07:39:24 pm »

So you are basing your entire read on TA on semantics?

Typical.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 24, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »

vote: TA

he lied. your result means nothing. I want to lynch him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 24, 2014, 07:41:26 pm »

I believe that all roles are roles.  So vanilla townie is a role and mafia goon is a role. 

Ok... So if you had a role cop in a game where there were mafia goons would you return the result of "goon" to a role cop?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 24, 2014, 07:44:14 pm »

I think we had this argument in the normal vs. RMM thread.
To me, 1-shot BP, for example, is an adjective, a role modifier, not a role.  You are a 1-shot BP Townie in Matrix6, where the BP modifies townie.

And 1-shot BP is a role! How can that not be a role? Mafiascum lists it as a protective and passive ROLE.

Townie is not a role. It is an alignment designation for a player with no role.

Look I get what you are saying, everyone has a "role" because this is a role playing game. We all take on identities. So maybe "role cop" really should be called "power cop" or "night action cop" but it isn't. But that is how it is intended and thus how we need to react to it.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 24, 2014, 08:59:13 pm »

Caught up.

If I were modding a Serial Killer + Power vs Role Cop scenario, I wouldn't have the Role Cop pull up the SK portion of the role. SK is the alignment, not the role. So I think ash is just being difficult with this. Couldn't you just ask mail-mi?

Plus, "Forsaken Immune?" Why not Bulletproof? It'd be more useful as Town by protecting against a misfire by yuma, the SK, OR Mafia! There is also him lying and the Xerxes thing. So I think that its likely that TA is a SK, but do we want to lynch him?

Alive (7):
Archetype (Town)
yuma (99.9% Town)
XerxesPraelor (Maybe Scum)
xeiron (Most likely Town. If he's alive tomorrow, most likely scum)
AndrewisFTTW (80% Town)
Jimmmmm (Most Likely Scum)
ashersky (Most Likely Scum)

Worst case scenario -
If we mislynch today: We have 3 Deaths that night. That puts us at Mafia/Mafia/SK. Mafia win.
If we lynch Mafia today: We have 3 Deaths that night. That puts us at Mafia/Town/Town/SK. Whichever scum isn't lynched will win.
If we lynch SK today: We have 2 Deaths that night. That puts us at Mafia/Mafia/Town/Town. Mafia win.

So, things look bleak, regardless of who we lynch, if Andrew isn't able to stop a kill. SK could kill Mafia and Mafia kill SK, but that's only likely to happen if we mislynch. Lynching the SK eliminates one of the those kills, but I'm thinking that lynching one of the Mafia may be better. One, or both of them, is in Jimmmmm/ashersky. However, if there's only one and we mislynch, Mafia will most likely win. But, urgh, Xerxes or Xeiron could still be Mafia which throw a wrench into things.

I'm leaning a Mafia lynch so we can get some information, but maybe we already have all the information we can get and just need to get some form of scum lynch so we can get into the next day with one fewer threats? I'm really back and forth, but I think we should lynch one of Jimmmmm/ashersky. If yuma wants a TA lynch, I'll sheep him.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:40 pm »

There's also the WW Redirection situation. yuma's Andrew-possession theory makes a lot of sense though. It removes one potential threat, and gives the Mafia a Roleblocker. Andrew is also a good N1 target since they already know what his power does instead of shooting into the dark.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 24, 2014, 09:07:14 pm »

Arch can you verify that your role can't be blocked from working on me.... if you are roleblocked does the protection still occur? I am not saying 100% do that, but consider doing it very strongly.
If I am Roleblocked the protection will fail. I specifically asked mail-mi this when Andrew claimed and he said my power was susceptible to Redirection/Roleblocking.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 24, 2014, 09:25:01 pm »

Alive (7):
Archetype (Town)
yuma (99.9% Town)
XerxesPraelor (Maybe Scum)
xeiron (Most likely Town. If he's alive tomorrow, most likely scum)
AndrewisFTTW (80% Town)
Jimmmmm (Most Likely Scum)
ashersky (Most Likely Scum)

Worst case scenario -
If we mislynch today: We have 3 Deaths that night. That puts us at Mafia/Mafia/SK. Mafia win.
If we lynch Mafia today: We have 3 Deaths that night. That puts us at Mafia/Town/Town/SK. Whichever scum isn't lynched will win.
If we lynch SK today: We have 2 Deaths that night. That puts us at Mafia/Mafia/Town/Town. Mafia win.

Why so many deaths? Where does the third death come from?

Oh... xeiron. Right. We need to get clarificaiton from him via mail-mi about that before we can decide on anything

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 24, 2014, 10:18:00 pm »

I guess that's what I get for lying on bard vs. thief

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:59 pm »

I guess that's what I get for lying on bard vs. thief

yeah well... I don't see why you would do that as town. You certainly have been around for enough games to know lying as town is never good. Your story was meant to trick and it did until ashersky's claim said otherwise... I can't see why town would want to trick the rest of town. Town shouldn't be so fearful of being lynched that they have to lie...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: April 24, 2014, 10:30:55 pm »

That and I still think it likely that you targeted xeiron instead of xerxes last night...

And I just don't get why you would target me Night1... Not that I am saying you didn't... you obviously did. Although you didn't steal any of my spears... as I used both my shots.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 24, 2014, 10:36:45 pm »

I've asked mail-mi for clarification on how my role's results are returned.

The color was "limegreen," btw, which I guess is mail-mi's color, not alignment color.

I still don't think Thief + SK makes much sense as a role...the mafia-only BP does though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 24, 2014, 10:38:40 pm »

Only confirmation I got was that I wouldn't learn alignment.  I take that to mean my result would not be indicative.

So, I guess he's not cleared.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:09 pm »

Yeah obviously I am caught here, no use drawing it out. Obviously I want to shoot mafia tonight, if you guys keep me alive.

I don't think you should lynch me, I absolutely am shooting for mafia tonight, but yeah I have about 0% chance of winning this game now. I thought I was playing well, but getting targeted by a role cop N1 and getting shot TWICE (yes, I got shot twice, not once N2) kinda put me in a difficult position. I had no idea thieving the dagger (which got my the second shot of forsaken-immune) would be told to Xeiron, once that was revealed I was dead in the water.

If you're going to lynch me now, I get it, but please don't before I can get all my setup speculation out, I have some interesting thoughts / theories.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:54 pm »

Oh, and I killed Witherweaver last night, no idea if Yuma double targeted or if he was the second Forsaken person to shoot me N2.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 24, 2014, 11:17:28 pm »

but I kinda suspect 2 mafia / SK (me) / other third party (Yuma)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 24, 2014, 11:30:02 pm »

but I kinda suspect 2 mafia / SK (me) / other third party (Yuma)

I am so totally town!

More Specifics: There will be only 1 scum team, and there may or may not be a third party role like a Serial Killer or Survivor.

Only 1 scum team and "a third party role" not "third party roles"

And happy that I was right. I can't really think of a reason to leave TA alive at this point. I mean sure, he says he is going to shoot for mafia, but not guarantee that he will hit mafia.

Lynching him guarantees one less NK tonight... Hopefully a NK gets blocked or stopped or xeiron doesn't die (that is the most unfortunate thing going on here...)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 24, 2014, 11:30:41 pm »

Oh, and I killed Witherweaver last night, no idea if Yuma double targeted or if he was the second Forsaken person to shoot me N2.

It must have been a double target. Kinda bummed I wasted it then, would have been useful to shoot you tonight...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 24, 2014, 11:33:17 pm »

I definitely got shot twice by forsaken people last night, and I can't imagine mafia would shoot me twice in one night. So most obvious solution to me is that I was shot once by mafia, and once by someone else who is forsaken.

I guess forsaken wouldn't be third party though, since I'm not forsaken myself.

If Ash is scum, and a rolecop, he probably definitely knew I was SK N2, right? With potentially 3 mafia alive, would they want to shoot the SK? This could point to Ash being scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #1674 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:42 pm »

Witherweaver has been killed! He was Rahvin, the Diplomat, a Forsaken-aligned Redirector!

But mafia is forsaken... I think you got shot by mafia and then lost a shot because you stole xeiron's dagger...
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.897 seconds with 16 queries.