Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180143 times)

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 3)
« Reply #1525 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »

This meas that I am not a lynch candidate. I will flip town after tonight anyway.

It is also worth noting that flavor vise, mordeth would be the one character interested in stealing my dagger. It would not suprise me if that flavor is in the game, and has a role that allows him to steal stuff from people.

At last some speculation: If we have mordeth as a third party that stole my dagger, I thing it is likely that they get some sort of bonus or empowerment by doing so. Something to keep in the back of the head.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 23, 2014, 09:21:04 pm »

Flavor: matt cauthon.

Role: tainted semi-ascetic townie
It means I am:
- Immune against night action using the one power.
- If i loose my dagger i becomes hated the next day, and dies the next night.

So basically you are a completely negative utility? Do you know what the one power is that you are immune to?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

ash and TA claim when you get on please.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30:56 pm »

I'm a bard, each night I write a song about a certain player detailing what item they have. So basically I'm a flavor cop/burgler/thief whatever you want to call it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:00 pm »

I'm a bard, each night I write a song about a certain player detailing what item they have. So basically I'm a flavor cop/burgler/thief whatever you want to call it.

and you targeted me on night1? Who on night2? What can you tell about them?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:37 pm »

This meas that I am not a lynch candidate. I will flip town after tonight anyway.

It is also worth noting that flavor vise, mordeth would be the one character interested in stealing my dagger. It would not suprise me if that flavor is in the game, and has a role that allows him to steal stuff from people.

At last some speculation: If we have mordeth as a third party that stole my dagger, I thing it is likely that they get some sort of bonus or empowerment by doing so. Something to keep in the back of the head.

Also... so xeiron you can't target anyone? Do you have any real night action? If you can't why do you have this dagger?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 23, 2014, 09:34:58 pm »

Definitely don't want to lynch xeiron after the claim I believe he is town. From what I can tell flavor wise he's either mat (town) or mordeth and if he's alive tomorrow we can lynch him (depending on parity and if we want to lynch third party over mafia).

I agree with lynching arch or jimmm, arch has seemed scummier to me a bit. Need to do that d2 reread still.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:57 pm »

D1 Yuma had a couple of maiden spears

D2 xerxes had cuendillar

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 23, 2014, 09:41:31 pm »

D1 Yuma had a couple of maiden spears

D2 xerxes had cuendillar

No idea what that is....why target xerxes? and why target me?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:01 pm »

D1 I was kinda dubious of your claim and wanted to make sure it was sure. I realized how foolish that was once I got a couple of maiden spears, because if you're town, you're a vig and have weapons, and if you're scum, you can kill and have weapons. So that was pretty pointless.

N2 I targeted Xerxes even though I had a town read, since he was a mailman. I figured that if he was a mailman I'd get something that definitely indicated that, and if he was scum I'd get some sort of weapon. Unfortunately all I got was cuendillar, but it's not so bad, because it definitely indicates that he is Egwene (from my understanding), and Egwene is definitely a good character.

So I am like 99% sure that Xerxes is town. I wanted to ask Xeiron whether he thought Xerxes was a town or scum mailman to gauge his reaction. I lean town on Xeiron too, but not as much as Xerxes.

I actually have a lot of town reads, Yuma/Xerxes >> Andrew >> Ash > Xeiron > Jimmmm/Arch for me. I would be shocked if there's not scum in Jimmmm/Arch, I really think we should lynch there today. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:11 pm »

I think I am closer to a role cop than a thief, Yuma's item could work for both role/flavor, but Xerxes' item was related to flavor and not role (unless I am missing some connection but I don't think I am)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »

We also may need to be careful, with 8 alive, after lynch that's 7, xeiron's death + mafia death + SK death could leave us at 4 with 2 mafia remaining. Although I think no-lynching isn't in our best interest, because I think we have a decent chance of hitting scum today, and even if we mislynch the SK will definitely be shooting at mafia, so that's 2 chances.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:38 pm »

I guess mostly I am a little surprised you chose to look at two players who could both independently verify their claims... me via dayvigging and xerxes via sending a letter to someone who could verify it.

Your claims aren't scummy though as scum I think would want to investigate players to find out roles (rather than confirm them) but so would a general townie seeking to learn of a scummy role....

I can confirm that you were right about the spears and xerxes should confirm correctly about what you found from him... (cuendillar?)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:47 pm »

I'm Perrin Aybara, and I have a role that confirms TA's claim.  Do you really want a full claim?

As mentioned, I was blocked last night.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 23, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

Cuendillar (pronounced CWAIN-de-yar), also known as heartstone, is an almost indestructible substance created during the Age of Legends. It absorbs any force attempting to break it, including the One Power, and is believed to become stronger as a result.

That's from the wiki.

Sounds like an absorber role to me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 23, 2014, 09:54:38 pm »

I can give flavor too if you guys want, I guess there's no reason not to.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 23, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »

Cuendillar (pronounced CWAIN-de-yar), also known as heartstone, is an almost indestructible substance created during the Age of Legends. It absorbs any force attempting to break it, including the One Power, and is believed to become stronger as a result.

That's from the wiki.

Sounds like an absorber role to me.

yeah that is interesting.... mail-man doesn't really fit that, but xeiron says he can confirm getting a letter.

But xerxes is one player that is known to have targeted xeiron potentially causing this adverse effect....

maybe leaves a letter and then takes the ability somehow?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 23, 2014, 09:57:39 pm »

I don't think so Ash, cause we have Xeiron confirming that he got a letter from Xerxes. So I am pretty sure that Xerxes is a mailman, but the question is, scum or town mailman? Cuendillar is linked to Egwene...from the wiki..."Egwene al'Vere was able to reconstruct the weave for making cuendillar from iron by using flows of Earth, Air and Fire." So I think he is Egwene, and Egwene is a good character. So I think Xerxes is town.

Yuma, I wasn't trying to confirm Xerxes' claim, I never really doubted he was mailman. I was hoping to figure out if he was a town mailman or a scum mailman.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »

I'm Perrin Aybara, and I have a role that confirms TA's claim.  Do you really want a full claim?

As mentioned, I was blocked last night.

I mean, kinda.... It is hard because w/o knowing how you know TAs alignment we can't verify it ourselves...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:46 pm »

Ash, by absorber do you mean lightning rod?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »

I am Thomdril Merrlin, by the way.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 23, 2014, 10:03:31 pm »

I mean it's possible Ash is like a watcher/tracker/something who can verify that I targeted Yuma last night. I doubt he's a cop because I don't think we'd have 2 cops + my role. If he's watcher/tracker or something, is it really worth him saying his exact role if his information doesn't verify it? It may be so he has less fakeclaim options later if he's scum, but as for verifying my role, I don't see the difference between believing him pre or post fullclaim...either you believe him or you don't.

I personally would like to see him claim, but I would also like to see a massclaim

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 23, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

Ash, by absorber do you mean lightning rod?

That works too.  I meant absorber, which is a role that steals powers.

I mean, kinda.... It is hard because w/o knowing how you know TAs alignment we can't verify it ourselves...

I'm investigative, I'm confirming what TA's decided to claim. 

I mean it's possible Ash is like a watcher/tracker/something who can verify that I targeted Yuma last night. I doubt he's a cop because I don't think we'd have 2 cops + my role. If he's watcher/tracker or something, is it really worth him saying his exact role if his information doesn't verify it? It may be so he has less fakeclaim options later if he's scum, but as for verifying my role, I don't see the difference between believing him pre or post fullclaim...either you believe him or you don't.

I personally would like to see him claim, but I would also like to see a massclaim

We've had a "tainted cop," which I'm not sure what that means, and we have you.  We're dealing with multiple factions, so there's a lot of ways to create "cops" that don't OP town.  Plus now we know that scum had a redirector, which can cause havoc and godfather folks with cops.

I'd like to know what tainted cop was.  Too bad ADK didn't get to claim before being vigged.  Was he a cop that could catch the "tainted"?  Were his results tainted?  Does tainted mean something in WOT flavor?

Xeiron has admitted to also being tainted.  So there's something to that.

If we want full massclaims, we need an order.

I'd put the Jimmm/Arch/X/X quartet up first, probably in that order.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 23, 2014, 10:12:50 pm »

If we want full massclaims, we need an order.

I'd put the Jimmm/Arch/X/X quartet up first, probably in that order.

I am working through the order... I am still not convinced we need a mass claim. X/X have already more or less completely claimed. You have alluded to stuff--as had TA and xeiron--hence my wanting you to claim first.

I am not sold that Arch and Jimmmm need to claim. Everyone else has referenced something that I think should come out in the open. We can wait on Jimmmm and Arch for a bit.

Ash I think you should full claim...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 23, 2014, 10:13:49 pm »

Ash I think you should full claim...

With full result?  Just want to know if you want to out two town PRs fully to scum, or just me.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 16 queries.