Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180098 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #1300 on: April 14, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

That's what scum!jimmmmm says.  Town!jimmmmm is understanding and apologetic to this wagon.

I understand wanting to punish poor play, and I unreservedly apologise to my teammates for said play. Having said that I think if I am lynched it will be a lynch of convenience - I am yet to see any solid work go into deducing my alignment, and I've seen a lot people say they are happy to lynch me without giving any reasons.

I think you make fair statements there, and I think scum ride your lynch into night, if you are in fact town.

That said, it isn't like you are towny.  I expected a different reaction from town!jimmmmm here.  My expectation could be wrong, but it's what determines my reads at this point.  I'm barely checking in on vacation, so I'm going with gut and trying to contribute.

I'll read other cases on others.  I'm just not seeing anything, and no one trusts me on Andrew.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 14, 2014, 10:49:58 pm »

I expected a different reaction from town!jimmmmm here.

What reaction would you expect?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 14, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

Understanding and apologetic, not irritated or annoyed.  Also, more effort.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:32 am »

Understanding and apologetic, not irritated or annoyed.  Also, more effort.
What instance of town!Jimmmmm are you referring to?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:04 am »

I'm alright with Vigging xeiron or ADK. Both are scummy in my eyes, but dont seem to be getting that much attention. A quick kill could be radical enough to catch scum off guard if one of their team members were shot.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:57 am »

That's what scum!jimmmmm says.  Town!jimmmmm is understanding and apologetic to this wagon.

I understand wanting to punish poor play, and I unreservedly apologise to my teammates for said play. Having said that I think if I am lynched it will be a lynch of convenience - I am yet to see any solid work go into deducing my alignment, and I've seen a lot people say they are happy to lynch me without giving any reasons.

I think you make fair statements there, and I think scum ride your lynch into night, if you are in fact town.

That said, it isn't like you are towny.  I expected a different reaction from town!jimmmmm here.  My expectation could be wrong, but it's what determines my reads at this point.  I'm barely checking in on vacation, so I'm going with gut and trying to contribute.

I'll read other cases on others.  I'm just not seeing anything, and no one trusts me on Andrew.

Is this from knowledge of playing with Jimmm before?  I would think that mafia would be a lot more concerned about getting voted for and they'd want a more rigorous defense.  This sort of resolve to getting deaded seems more like disinterested town, like Sudgy was. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:54 am »

You didn't really respond to what I said before.  You disagreed with part of my post saying it was false, and I went back and checked that I was correct and posted more explanation. 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 15, 2014, 10:10:04 am »

You didn't really respond to what I said before.  You disagreed with part of my post saying it was false, and I went back and checked that I was correct and posted more explanation.

No, you were not correct. You implied that I got to choose the lynch. That was false.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:58 am »

Gah, we're running low on time.  I think a rushed-for-time lynch is a bad sitaution.  There are so many quiet people.  Does anyone have a post count?

Can people start posting more?  Theories, thoughts, ideas, any explanation for why you find certain people scummy or towny.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:11 am »

Gah, we're running low on time.  I think a rushed-for-time lynch is a bad sitaution.  There are so many quiet people.  Does anyone have a post count?

Can people start posting more?  Theories, thoughts, ideas, any explanation for why you find certain people scummy or towny.

I find myself Towny. I find yuma Towny. I find ash Towny. I even find xeiron, the person I'm currently voting for Towny. I have literally no idea who is likely to be scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:30 am »

No, you were not correct. You implied that I got to choose the lynch. That was false.

This seems to be nitpicking semantics.  I said lynch candidate, as in the person that we're going to lynch unless something changes our mind, which the role claim did. It was your pick between Sudgy and Andrewis, and you chose Andrewis.  It didn't happen to go through because of his claim, but you still chose him.  I'm confused as to why you're debating this point.  It's not like I had some solid argument to prove you're scum that relies on this one piece. I was asking myself "does it make sense for Jimm to be scum?" when looking back at Day 1.  And then I observed that you were in a position of influence, and a place where not a lot about your motives could be deduced from your voting. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:25 am »

I find myself Towny. I find yuma Towny. I find ash Towny. I even find xeiron, the person I'm currently voting for Towny. I have literally no idea who is likely to be scum.

Okay I agree with Yuma and obviously you'll say that about yourself.  Why Ash and Xeiron? 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:35 am »

This seems to be nitpicking semantics.  I said lynch candidate, as in the person that we're going to lynch unless something changes our mind, which the role claim did. It was your pick between Sudgy and Andrewis, and you chose Andrewis.  It didn't happen to go through because of his claim, but you still chose him.  I'm confused as to why you're debating this point.  It's not like I had some solid argument to prove you're scum that relies on this one piece. I was asking myself "does it make sense for Jimm to be scum?" when looking back at Day 1.  And then I observed that you were in a position of influence, and a place where not a lot about your motives could be deduced from your voting.

Name one person I influenced.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 15, 2014, 10:31:06 am »

Okay I agree with Yuma and obviously you'll say that about yourself.  Why Ash and Xeiron?

ash from ages ago, I can't even remember why. Just the way he was approaching the game. xeiron because after I voted for him I had the exact same thought that yuma had - scum would be unlikely to vote yuma out of the blue.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 15, 2014, 10:37:53 am »

Okay maybe things look different to me because I was gone for all of this and had to go back and reread everything later that night and the next day.  But that way it looked to me was that Ash and TA would vote for either Sudgy or Andrew, and they needed your vote.  And then you said "Don't see Sudgy, let's do Andrew" (paraphrased).  Then Ash followed you and TA said he'd be willing to vote Andrew.  Then Yuma starts threatening people and Andrew claims, and then the votes switch to Sudgy.

Ash followed you, TA was going to as well. 

Am I missing something here?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 15, 2014, 10:46:22 am »

Vote Count 2.5:

ashersky (2): Archetype, AndrewisFTTW
Jimmmmmm (3): Twistedarcher, ashersky, XerxesPraelor
xeiron (1): Jimmmmmm
AndrewisFTTW (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (3): Witherweaver, xeiron, yuma

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on April 15 at 11:30 PM FT. THAT'S TODAY. Jorbles probably won't be around for deadline, but if it looks like we'll be going to deadline and neither of us will be around for it, we'll ask someone to lock the thread for us when appropriate.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:38 am »

Okay maybe things look different to me because I was gone for all of this and had to go back and reread everything later that night and the next day.  But that way it looked to me was that Ash and TA would vote for either Sudgy or Andrew, and they needed your vote.  And then you said "Don't see Sudgy, let's do Andrew" (paraphrased).  Then Ash followed you and TA said he'd be willing to vote Andrew.  Then Yuma starts threatening people and Andrew claims, and then the votes switch to Sudgy.

Ash followed you, TA was going to as well. 

Am I missing something here?

Yes. If you're saying ash, the absolute champion of the Andrew lynch followed me, then you're missing something.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 15, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

Yes. If you're saying ash, the absolute champion of the Andrew lynch followed me, then you're missing something.

But you voted (807), and then Ash voted (809).  Yes he wanted Andrew, but if you had voted Sudgy, I think Ash would have voted Sudgy as well.  And TA. 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 15, 2014, 11:34:14 am »

But you voted (807), and then Ash voted (809).  Yes he wanted Andrew, but if you had voted Sudgy, I think Ash would have voted Sudgy as well.  And TA.

But what actually happened was that they voted sudgy and so I voted sudgy. I mean, it was close to deadline, there were two possible lynches and I didn't have my vote on either. That made me one of multiple people who could contribute to either lynch, but everyone in the game other than the two of them was in a position to push the lynch the other way. And when I did choose one of them, I chose Andrew. sudgy was Town which means if I'm scum then either I ended up choosing my partner over a non-partner, which seems like a stunning use of the influence which I supposedly had, or the choice was between two non-partners, in which case what do I possibly benefit from making sure I get to choose which non-partner is lynched?

Basically what your argument boils down to is that I'm scummy because I didn't have a vote down, which is pretty much the whole non-contributing thing, which is old news and I'd hope you'd have something more on me by now.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:19 am »

Just putting it out there. WW has been incessantly interrogating people, usually on one specific moment in the game that has no consequence on anything (whitch he admits himself). Although he makes nice organized posts with quotes and links and such I think he posts overall are pretty empty and could just be active scum, trying to post something of consequence even if nothing comes of it. He has also gotten a free pass the whole game with only a couple people voting him for short periods of time. It's enough for me to

vote: Witherweaver
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: April 15, 2014, 11:50:36 am »

But what actually happened was that they voted sudgy and so I voted sudgy. I mean, it was close to deadline, there were two possible lynches and I didn't have my vote on either. That made me one of multiple people who could contribute to either lynch, but everyone in the game other than the two of them was in a position to push the lynch the other way. And when I did choose one of them, I chose Andrew. sudgy was Town which means if I'm scum then either I ended up choosing my partner over a non-partner, which seems like a stunning use of the influence which I supposedly had, or the choice was between two non-partners, in which case what do I possibly benefit from making sure I get to choose which non-partner is lynched?

Well there could be a benefit of choosing one above the other.  One may be an easier mislynch for the next day.. one might have more influence over other players and it's better to get rid of them (or keep them).

Basically what your argument boils down to is that I'm scummy because I didn't have a vote down, which is pretty much the whole non-contributing thing, which is old news and I'd hope you'd have something more on me by now.

Yes that's fair.  And I don't really.  A lot of people had thrown suspicion at you, and I didn't really see it during Day 1, so I went back and reread everything to see if I could understand why, and that's what I found. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 15, 2014, 11:52:59 am »

Just putting it out there. WW has been incessantly interrogating people, usually on one specific moment in the game that has no consequence on anything (whitch he admits himself). Although he makes nice organized posts with quotes and links and such I think he posts overall are pretty empty and could just be active scum, trying to post something of consequence even if nothing comes of it. He has also gotten a free pass the whole game with only a couple people voting him for short periods of time. It's enough for me to

Well I don't think that I'm incessantly interrogating people.. It seems to me that the game is stalling, so I'm trying to get conversations going.  I've gone back and read things quite a few times, and I don't know what else I can find there. 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 15, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »

Quick post from work using buddies phone...

I hate to do this as I don't think it is optimal ic play but I feel given our status we have to... I am limiting the field of potential candidates to: ADK witherweaver and Archetype.

Please focus hunting efforts on these three! consider l1 intent to hammer from me and claim at that point if you desire.

Focus on who their partners could or could not be. I would like to shoot when I get home from work... so we have time to talk and lynch again if I hit scum.

I understand that you might have scum reads on others but please focus on these three. I have thought hard about this and hopefully am on the right track.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 15, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »

I was thinking along similar lines. Vote: Witherweaver

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 15, 2014, 12:25:58 pm »

Quick post from work using buddies phone...

I hate to do this as I don't think it is optimal ic play but I feel given our status we have to... I am limiting the field of potential candidates to: ADK witherweaver and Archetype.

Please focus hunting efforts on these three! consider l1 intent to hammer from me and claim at that point if you desire.

Focus on who their partners could or could not be. I would like to shoot when I get home from work... so we have time to talk and lynch again if I hit scum.

I understand that you might have scum reads on others but please focus on these three. I have thought hard about this and hopefully am on the right track.

Well not me :)  ADK and Archetype feel very similar to me.  It's tough to think in terms of partners because they've barely been interacting. 

ADK with Ash could make some sense.  ADK and Andrewis both did the "slip", and Ash jumped on Andrewis a lot harder than ADK.  There was a cover that ADK allowed for some uncertainty in his wording, but that is a little flimsy.  It's possible Ash could be deflecting from suspicion on ADK by focusing heavily on Andrew.

If ADK and Archetype are both scum, then their partner probably has to be someone more present.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 16 queries.