Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180091 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #925 on: April 06, 2014, 10:28:13 am »

I was expecting yuma to be targeted for a NK and maybe doctored but I guess with two NKs he probably wasn't even targeted?  Or is there a good reason scum wouldn't target yuma for a NKS?

I thought you had a doctor ability.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 06, 2014, 10:29:49 am »

I was expecting yuma to be targeted for a NK and maybe doctored but I guess with two NKs he probably wasn't even targeted?  Or is there a good reason scum wouldn't target yuma for a NKS?
I can think of mainly four reasons why scum would not NK yuma.

1. Yuma is scum
2. Scum thinks we will lynch yuma if they let him survive long enough.
3. Scum thought yuma would be doctored.
4. Scum thought it was more importaint to kill Shraeye or Faust.

Plus a couple of more obscure ones, like scum killing yuma, but the kill was then redirected, etc.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #927 on: April 06, 2014, 10:36:27 am »

This is going to be my last post for awhile and is based more of memory than a careful reread but right now I'm thinking of TA and FTTW, possibly ash. The problem with FTTW is he may have been just willing to lynch someone who wasn't him.

Well I'm town so from my point of view it's better to lynch someone else (who could possibly be scum) than me. That's why I never said "hey guys it's cool, just lynch me" like sudgy did. It's important to remember that scum has flavor fake claims, so nobody should be completely convinced by somebody's claim

But do they know the appropriate role to claim with their flavor?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 06, 2014, 10:40:37 am »

I am also getting increasingly uneasy about yuma. I do not like the effort he put in last day to stop a lynch.

Any theories as to why scum yuma would claim Dayvig?
1. He actually is scum with a daykill.
2. Dayvig is a fakeclaim, and he plans to excuse himself from shooting for as long as he can.

None of these theories are fully statisfying, It is probably more likely that he is a town dayvig. I still have a bad feeling about him that I have problems shaking away.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:22 am »

1. Yuma is scum

Plus a couple of more obscure ones, like scum killing yuma, but the kill was then redirected, etc.

Or you know... they feel that my power is best left in the game. Perhaps they feel that they can more strongly influence my decision to use my vig power to benefit them... it would basically be an extra lynch or NK if scum can make sure that it is used on not them. I think that is the most compelling reason for me to stay alive.

After that I would say that number 3 is huge. This is probably the biggest reason scum killed anyone--I disagree with the killing for PR hunting OR killing off people who had scum reads--I think scum killed people who they felt confident wouldn't be protected... hence kills on people that we find unusual actually make perfect sense

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:49 am »

I am also getting increasingly uneasy about yuma. I do not like the effort he put in last day to stop a lynch.

Any theories as to why scum yuma would claim Dayvig?
1. He actually is scum with a daykill.
2. Dayvig is a fakeclaim, and he plans to excuse himself from shooting for as long as he can.

None of these theories are fully statisfying, It is probably more likely that he is a town dayvig. I still have a bad feeling about him that I have problems shaking away.

But.. If he was scum and new Andrewis was town, why would he fight so hard to prevent the lynch?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 06, 2014, 10:46:00 am »

Okay, I'm a mailman. I sent a message to shraeye last night. I think my role is pretty much exactly average and so doesn't help scum much in deciding who to kill, but does narrow down who the SK could be for them, which is good for us.

My reasons for lynching ash are the same as before, except plus the fact that he lynched sudgy instead of Andrew.

What? Why does claiming this information have anything to do with your vote on ashersky?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 06, 2014, 10:46:36 am »

*knew

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 06, 2014, 10:48:34 am »

This is blatantly false. Yes I tried to stop a lynch on two towns, both of which ended up being correct and I think ultimately pretty obvious. But before that I tried to work my tail off to get a lynch elsewhere, but was thwarted by scum and misguided town

If you don't want me to put forward effort I'll just randomly roll a dice and shoot whomever it picks for me and then lurk until deadline and then derphammer if I happen to be around... does that work for you?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 06, 2014, 11:20:46 am »

This is going to be my last post for awhile and is based more of memory than a careful reread but right now I'm thinking of TA and FTTW, possibly ash. The problem with FTTW is he may have been just willing to lynch someone who wasn't him.

Well I'm town so from my point of view it's better to lynch someone else (who could possibly be scum) than me. That's why I never said "hey guys it's cool, just lynch me" like sudgy did. It's important to remember that scum has flavor fake claims, so nobody should be completely convinced by somebody's claim

I'm assuming that's what is meant by a flavor fake claim but maybe I shouldn't assume anymore.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 06, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

This is blatantly false. Yes I tried to stop a lynch on two towns, both of which ended up being correct and I think ultimately pretty obvious. But before that I tried to work my tail off to get a lynch elsewhere, but was thwarted by scum and misguided town

If you don't want me to put forward effort I'll just randomly roll a dice and shoot whomever it picks for me and then lurk until deadline and then derphammer if I happen to be around... does that work for you?

I don't see how it was obvious at all.. at least not up until the point after claims.  I mean yes, you were right in the end, and maybe you're good at reading, but I don't consider anything happening here obvious in any way.  And a lot of people had strong scum reads on Sudgy and Andrewis.  I agree with you that Sudgy didn't seem scummy, but I wasn't 100% confident.  And you argued that the case that was made against Andrewis wasn't a good one, but even accepting your argument doesn't mean he's certainly town, it just means the argument other people made against him wasn't valid.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 06, 2014, 11:26:33 am »

I'm assuming that's what is meant by a flavor fake claim but maybe I shouldn't assume anymore.

I was thinking we could possibly catch someone with inconsistent flavor/role claims.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 06, 2014, 11:36:54 am »

Don't know the reason for killing faust as he was pretty set on lynching me. Could killing shraeye have something to do with ash?

These two posts from Jimm set off some red flags for me:

Yeah that seems like a fairly believeable claim.

Have you thought about which option you're going to choose Tonight Andrew?

I'm assuming Andrew is smart enough not to give anything away that he shouldn't, but I'd like to see evidence that he's actually thought about this role and it's not just something that was given him as a fakeclaim.

It seems like he's asking me to do something that I can't do, maybe so he can point to this later and say I was unwilling to cooperate or that my claim is a fakeclaim, otherwise I would've shown that I've thought about it beforehand and could somehow answer his question appropriately.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 06, 2014, 02:16:40 pm »

Arch's analysis seems to be assuming that Andrew is 100% town, rather than 95% or 90% town. Like, it seems like he didn't even consider the possibility that Andrew's claim could possibly be fake.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 06, 2014, 02:25:50 pm »

Why would me being alive incriminate ash?
Well ash would want to leave you alive so that he seems more right about you being scum. If he were to kill you and you flip Town, it would point to him pushing hardcore on you.

In my head that sounded so much more convincing. I'll leave my vote though.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 06, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »

Arch's analysis seems to be assuming that Andrew is 100% town, rather than 95% or 90% town. Like, it seems like he didn't even consider the possibility that Andrew's claim could possibly be fake.
I've considered it in my own mind, but decided that it's very unlikely. Do YOU believe his claim to be false? I don't think it is, it's too...modified, I guess? But I agree that this:

is weird.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 06, 2014, 02:30:06 pm »

1. Yuma is scum

Or you know... they feel that my power is best left in the game. Perhaps they feel that they can more strongly influence my decision to use my vig power to benefit them... it would basically be an extra lynch or NK if scum can make sure that it is used on not them. I think that is the most compelling reason for me to stay alive.

After that I would say that number 3 is huge. This is probably the biggest reason scum killed anyone--I disagree with the killing for PR hunting OR killing off people who had scum reads--I think scum killed people who they felt confident wouldn't be protected... hence kills on people that we find unusual actually make perfect sense
I agree. If I were scum, I'd figure Andrew would Doctor yuma and kill elsewhere.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 06, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »

Why would me being alive incriminate ash?
Well ash would want to leave you alive so that he seems more right about you being scum. If he were to kill you and you flip Town, it would point to him pushing hardcore on you.

In my head that sounded so much more convincing. I'll leave my vote though.

What? This is so strange.

You are simultaneously assuming Andrew is 100% town, but then voting Ash because he wants to maintain the possibility of Andrew being scum? I don't get how you can do both of those things.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2014, 03:12:02 pm »

is weird.

What's weird?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »

is weird.

What's weird?

You said you expected Yuma to be targeted.  You didn't doctor him though?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 06, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »

is weird.

What's weird?

Maybe, maybe not. I didn't consider the possibility of a third party though so that line of thinking is moot.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 06, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

is weird.

What's weird?

Maybe, maybe not. I didn't consider the possibility of a third party though so that line of thinking is moot.

Gah, I'm confused.  You mean your original line of thinking?  Why does third party make that moot?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2014, 03:34:33 pm »

Just a heads up, I start my job tomorrow, so my activity will probably be dropping.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 06, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »

Okay I'm an idiot.  I thought when you said "wasn't even targeted" you meant wasn't targeted in any way, not even by the doctor.  Then I was confused because you had doctor.  But I think you just meant wasn't targeted for a night kill.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 06, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »

Okay I'm an idiot.  I thought when you said "wasn't even targeted" you meant wasn't targeted in any way, not even by the doctor.  Then I was confused because you had doctor.  But I think you just meant wasn't targeted for a night kill.
This is want I assumed you meant as well.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 17 queries.