Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180105 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »

I skimmed the first day of Adventure Time to see how he reacted to his lynch and he didn't seem to be fighting it nearly as much there as here.  That play difference would be enough to make me vote him, but he's at L-1, so...

I also didn't have 5 people voting me for a supposed "scumslip" in Adventure Time so I don't know how you can compare my reactions like that.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2014, 04:10:16 pm »

I skimmed the first day of Adventure Time to see how he reacted to his lynch and he didn't seem to be fighting it nearly as much there as here.  That play difference would be enough to make me vote him, but he's at L-1, so...

That was a miscount.  He has 5 votes for him.

Oh.  Vote: AndrewisFTTW.

THIS IS L-1
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2014, 04:22:43 pm »

I also didn't have 5 people voting me for a supposed "scumslip" in Adventure Time so I don't know how you can compare my reactions like that.

But the responses started way before you had five votes for you... it started back when you only had one or two votes.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2014, 04:25:05 pm »

But the responses started way before you had five votes for you... it started back when you only had one or two votes.

Yeah if someone votes for me and accuses me of something that isn't true, I'm going to respond to it. I'm talking about the tone of the responses, which of course are going to be different if one person is voting for me rather than five.

TA, shraeye, sudgy scum team (if there are actually 3 scum).

I don't understand putting me at L-1 without giving faust a chance to respond, or a chance for yuma to give his thoughts about today, or ADK, Jim, shraeye, or xeiron for that matter. This is why I'm calling sudgy out.

What frustrates me the most about this is how nobody could explain why they felt I was scummy. Everybody just said I was and nobody felt the need to back that up with anything. I guess faust is the exception but really not by much as can be seen my post in response to his.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2014, 04:28:40 pm »

Yeah if someone votes for me and accuses me of something that isn't true, I'm going to respond to it. I'm talking about the tone of the responses, which of course are going to be different if one person is voting for me rather than five.

I don't understand putting me at L-1 without giving faust a chance to respond, or a chance for yuma to give his thoughts about today, or ADK, Jim, shraeye, or xeiron for that matter. This is why I'm calling sudgy out.

What frustrates me the most about this is how nobody could explain why they felt I was scummy. Everybody just said I was and nobody felt the need to back that up with anything. I guess faust is the exception but really not by much as can be seen my post in response to his.

I disagree with problems with putting you at L-1, and your last paragraph.  Putting you at L-1 doesn't suddenly stop everybody from doing anything.  You aren't going to get lynched now (barring crazy role shenanigans) (and if you do, I will fight your hammerer to the death).

Also, I think some people had better reasons for voting you.  Not the scumslip, but people saying that the way you reacted was scummy.  I also think my reason for voting you was solid enough.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2014, 04:32:05 pm »

I disagree with problems with putting you at L-1, and your last paragraph.  Putting you at L-1 doesn't suddenly stop everybody from doing anything.  You aren't going to get lynched now (barring crazy role shenanigans) (and if you do, I will fight your hammerer to the death).

Also, I think some people had better reasons for voting you.  Not the scumslip, but people saying that the way you reacted was scummy.  I also think my reason for voting you was solid enough.

Yeah everyone except ash and shraeye are voting for me because of the way I've reacted, but nobody can explain how the way I reacted was scummy. Not one person has stopped and thought that maybe this is the way I react when I've got a rapidly building wagon on me.

What's the point of putting me at L-1 if you're just going to fight the hammer? I don't get it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2014, 04:32:19 pm »

But your tone hasn't changed from when it was 1-2 people voting for you to the current 5 (or now 6).  So I'm not sure your point on this holds.  And I'm not sure about the comment about nobody backing up their claim.  Ash seemed pretty convinced from the beginning,  Faust explained in depth what he thought, Sudgy explained his reasoning.  I'm not sure about the other three.  Shraeye I think just agreed with Ashe's argument.  Scrolling back, Xerxes gave a reason, too.  Maybe you don't think their reasons are very good, but it's certainly not the case that no one felt the need to back up their claim.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »

Yeah everyone except ash and shraeye are voting for me because of the way I've reacted, but nobody can explain how the way I reacted was scummy. Not one person has stopped and thought that maybe this is the way I react when I've got a rapidly building wagon on me.

What's the point of putting me at L-1 if you're just going to fight the hammer? I don't get it.

I (at the current moment) think you are scum, so I vote for you.  I don't want the day to end now, but that doesn't make me not want to vote you.  If it was only a day left to deadline I would be fine with a hammer.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2014, 04:38:25 pm »

Someone unvote dammit! I am panic posting from work on my buddies phone. I am a dayvig, if I am compulsive... which I may or may Not be... And I don't shoot before day is over guess what happens to me? so somebody unvote because if I am compulsive then a derp hammer will for sure kill a townie today.... Me. And if I am not compulsive well then hopefully everyone is aware that in a game like this there may be reasons to nit rush into putting someone to l1 when we still have a chunck of time left.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2014, 04:41:18 pm »

I (at the current moment) think you are scum, so I vote for you.  I don't want the day to end now, but that doesn't make me not want to vote you.  If it was only a day left to deadline I would be fine with a hammer.

If you don't want the day to end then why make it so that one more vote ends the day? Whatever, it really doesn't matter.

PPE: Oh yeah and there's the whole yuma thing.

But your tone hasn't changed from when it was 1-2 people voting for you to the current 5 (or now 6).  So I'm not sure your point on this holds.  And I'm not sure about the comment about nobody backing up their claim.  Ash seemed pretty convinced from the beginning,  Faust explained in depth what he thought, Sudgy explained his reasoning.  I'm not sure about the other three.  Shraeye I think just agreed with Ashe's argument.  Scrolling back, Xerxes gave a reason, too.  Maybe you don't think their reasons are very good, but it's certainly not the case that no one felt the need to back up their claim.

With the exception of ash and shraeye, nobody has backed up their reasoning well including faust, who just posted links to me saying things and called them scummy, and sudgy, who saw how I reacted when 5 people voted for me, then saw how I reacted when 1 person voted for me, and called it a day. I'll go back and look at XP's reason.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »

I strongly disagree with lynch Andrew right now. From my perspective I know that it's perfectly possible that the mistake he made is coming from town, because I'm town and I made it. I also disagree that his reaction is scummy, to me it seems completely consistent with how he reacted in Adventure Time. I'm not saying I'm sure he's town but to me he doesn't seem any scummier than the people who are pushing his lynch. PoE means that their pretty much has to be scum on this wagon, so I'm going to do a reread and try and figure out who it is.

PPE: 1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2014, 04:46:19 pm »

BTW, Occam's razor means the simplest answer is more likely to be true.

I agree with TA that the "scumslip" doesn't mean something but that the reaction seems scummy. To me, it sounds like too much self-awareness for town. vote: andrewFTTW

I'm worried that yuma will just be the auto-nk, so I'm thinking about claiming so you'll have an kinda-IC tomorrow. Do you think it's worth it?

Ok here it is. He just agrees with TA and he never answered my question about "self-awareness". Not really sure what that's supposed to mean.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2014, 04:53:33 pm »

I didn't think about yuma.  I'll Unvote, but still think of me voting you.

With the exception of ash and shraeye, nobody has backed up their reasoning well including faust, who just posted links to me saying things and called them scummy, and sudgy, who saw how I reacted when 5 people voted for me, then saw how I reacted when 1 person voted for me, and called it a day. I'll go back and look at XP's reason.

I didn't see how you reacted when 5 people voted for you, I looked at the whole game.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »

So what is the play difference that influenced your vote so much?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »

You seem to be more frantic here and are making larger posts.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2014, 05:04:45 pm »

You seem to be more frantic here and are making larger posts.

The other thing to consider is that Adventure Time was my first game and I was alive for a day. I didn't have much experience with long posts of reads and all that, I was just going off of instinct (which actually turned out to be pretty good!). Again, I also didn't have 5 people voting for me so there was no need for long posts defending myself. This is my third game and I still have a lot to learn but I feel like I'm getting a little better.

If I was posting 100% how you guys expect a townie to post (whatever that is), I wouldn't really be in this position. I take the blame for some of this but there is scum on this wagon and some jumpy town that's excited to lynch somebody. I still don't see much to it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:54 pm »

Alright, so on a reread the people who look scummy to me in all of this:

shraeye- says "I agree with ash!", votes, then leaves. Super sheepy.
sudgy- switched from my wagon to Andrew's pretty easily, seems like he knew they were both mislynches and was waiting to see which one was going to be easier to push.
witherweaver- seems like he's hedging and trying to play both sides. I know that I'm flipping town and I'm leaning toward Andrew doing so to, so when/if we get lynched scum doesn't want to have been completely adamant on our wagons.

This isn't to say that I have super good town reads an everyone else, but these looked the scummiest to me.

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2014, 05:19:21 pm »

Alright, so on a reread the people who look scummy to me in all of this:

shraeye- says "I agree with ash!", votes, then leaves. Super sheepy.
sudgy- switched from my wagon to Andrew's pretty easily, seems like he knew they were both mislynches and was waiting to see which one was going to be easier to push.
witherweaver- seems like he's hedging and trying to play both sides. I know that I'm flipping town and I'm leaning toward Andrew doing so to, so when/if we get lynched scum doesn't want to have been completely adamant on our wagons.

This isn't to say that I have super good town reads an everyone else, but these looked the scummiest to me.

I've been trying to figure out what side to take on all of it, which is why I've been going back and forth with Andrew.  I'm leaning towards scum against Andrew, but honestly I didn't want to be the one to decide the lynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2014, 05:33:04 pm »

Someone unvote dammit! I am panic posting from work on my buddies phone. I am a dayvig, if I am compulsive... which I may or may Not be... And I don't shoot before day is over guess what happens to me? so somebody unvote because if I am compulsive then a derp hammer will for sure kill a townie today.... Me. And if I am not compulsive well then hopefully everyone is aware that in a game like this there may be reasons to nit rush into putting someone to l1 when we still have a chunck of time left.

Pretty sure you aren't compulsive, as I believe town!yuma tells us that upfront.  And I'm still pretty sure you are town!yuma based on your original claim.

We had this issue in whatever game Voltaire decided to kill me on Day 1 in which he used that role terribly wrong.  You invented that game, so you know the dangers of hiding a town, compulsive killing role.  (And now I don't remember if he was scum or town, but you get my point.)

If you are a compulsive D1 dayvig, you'd be asking for more input on who to kill and why.  You will make your own decision, but you do know the importance of including the town in the decision, if only to force people to make statements about it for post-flip purposes.

So I think you really, really want to save Andrew for some reason, as you've been on this warpath since discussion about him has started, and I'm wondering if you're going to spill why anytime soon.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »

Also, is it a one-shot thing?

It might be or it might not be. I am not divulging that info at the moment.

I could concievably flavor claim to see if it helps you narrow me down as more likely to be town to correlate with my flavor. I really don't know anything about the flavor so there might be a reason not to--or a game mechanic where I wouldn't want to as well... So I'll claim it if I see a pressing enough reason.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

So, Andrew, you ask me to specify what about your reply I found scummy. Let me try that.

Your first reaction after ash calling out your "scumslip" is to say you thought 2 and 3 are the only numbers of scum used. Well, I do not think you actually believed that, for one. And what's more, the post reads like trying to play the slip down.

Next, you are implying that ashersky is drunk, and thus his jugdment is clouded. This is either a joke (and Mafia has been seen joking when they are nervous) or an appeal to emotion. In any case, you are not responding rationally.

Then, more appeal to emotion follows. You are also saying here that ash is either just trying to get reactions or scum, completely ignoring the option that he may actually think you are scum. I think as town you would at least have to admit that your "slip" was scummy.

You go on dismissing ash's case on you, trying to make it sound weaker than it is. But now suddenly you seem to think it's possible that ash just finds you scummy, which you earlier said was ridiculous.

After seeing that you cannot convince ash, you try to force an end on the discussion, and start bringing up other stuff.

Thanks for encouraging me to reread, Andrew! Makes me more confident in my vote on you.

Faust, you want to know why I find you scummy? It is this type of posts where you go in to a reread with a bias and pluck stuff from the reread and twist it and construe it as scummy while at the same time ignoring how it could be interpreted as either null or even as townie and ignoring posts in between those that contradict some things that you say. 

you did this exactly in Diffusion of Power as town, on scum (PPS I think? or TA wrongly? I can't remember)... so maybe it is the correct way to go based off that sampling, but I really don't think it is and is something that constantly gets my flags raised up about you.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2014, 07:36:11 pm »

Caught up on the latest pages, and I am left with a scummy feeling of both AndrewisFTTW and A Drowned Kernel. Actually slightly more on ADK, but the interesting part is the chance of them being scum together.
They share some assumptions, and they are defending each other. Something to remember if one flips scum.

As for actually lynching someone, I am not ready to vote for any of them without rereading once more. It will have to be another day, as i am quite busy right now.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2014, 07:37:16 pm »

I think at this point Andrew needs to seriously think about claiming, and we need to know from yuma whether or not he needs/intends to use his power Today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »

Pretty sure you aren't compulsive, as I believe town!yuma tells us that upfront.  And I'm still pretty sure you are town!yuma based on your original claim.

Hey look it is Mr don't make assumptions making an assumption!

We had this issue in whatever game Voltaire decided to kill me on Day 1 in which he used that role terribly wrong.  You invented that game, so you know the dangers of hiding a town, compulsive killing role.  (And now I don't remember if he was scum or town, but you get my point.)

If you are a compulsive D1 dayvig, you'd be asking for more input on who to kill and why.  You will make your own decision, but you do know the importance of including the town in the decision, if only to force people to make statements about it for post-flip purposes.

So I think you really, really want to save Andrew for some reason, as you've been on this warpath since discussion about him has started, and I'm wondering if you're going to spill why anytime soon.

Look more assumptions! Stop making assumptions about me! You don't know me! That's my purse!

I don't really want to save Andrew other than I think the lone reason that has been given for lynching him is completely and totally unfounded. I haven't really looked at his posts recently responding to a large wagon, so maybe I will change my mind about him. So I have nothing to spill except that I think lynching someone off a scumslip that could just as easily be a mistake made by town is not pro-town at all when we still have days left and potentially other players who are or will become more obviously scummy.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2014, 07:40:27 pm »

I think at this point Andrew needs to seriously think about claiming, and we need to know from yuma whether or not he needs/intends to use his power Today.

Good point, although it's RMM, so I'm not sure how much claiming helps or hurts here.

Maybe a flavor claim to start?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 16 queries.