Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Instead of wasting time on a laggy Goko...  (Read 15689 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Instead of wasting time on a laggy Goko...
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 01:34:38 am »
+2

So, if I can KC the three games of Bridge that I'm playing, does that mean I win 9 games of Bridge?

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 03:47:28 am »

Yes, but you don't get a Prize for it.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 09:05:50 am »

Online bridge all day

FOLKS, bridge is a beautiful, intricate game, easily the best ever invented for the standard deck of cards, and it is dying because only the elderly play it. Spend some time learning (it takes a year or so to be any good), you won't regret it.

I raise you Mao. And I think Doppelkopf is competitive, though is arguably not "the standard deck of cards".

Also, strip Poker.

Have sex with a deck of cards sitting in the bed.

Use the cards to line up coke.

Ok, I went too far.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 09:17:50 am »
+2

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 07:23:32 pm »
+3

Online bridge all day

FOLKS, bridge is a beautiful, intricate game, easily the best ever invented for the standard deck of cards, and it is dying because only the elderly play it. Spend some time learning (it takes a year or so to be any good), you won't regret it.

I actually play a lot of bridge, but I never play online. At this moment I consider that a huge advantage, and yes its a beautiful and very complex game. Good bridge players are much better at bridge then good dominion players are at playing dominion. I'm not even certain I'm better at Dominion then I am at bridge, and yet there are about 500 people in my country alone that play bridge better then I do. I don't agree bridge is dying though. And btw, neither is Dominion. Unless they keep Goko around for too long. Fortunately nobody can do something like that to bridge.
Join the Dominion League!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 02:15:39 pm »

Online bridge all day

I actually play a lot of bridge, but I never play online. At this moment I consider that a huge advantage, and yes its a beautiful and very complex game. Good bridge players are much better at bridge then good dominion players are at playing dominion. I'm not even certain I'm better at Dominion then I am at bridge, and yet there are about 500 people in my country alone that play bridge better then I do. I don't agree bridge is dying though. And btw, neither is Dominion. Unless they keep Goko around for too long. Fortunately nobody can do something like that to bridge.

It would make sense that good Bridge players were better at the game than great Dominion players. Dominion is still a baby and with a lot more dynamics and changes.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 02:18:16 pm »
+13

I played Dominion in person for 8 hours straight! It was so weird. When I went to play a card, there was no unseen force preventing me from actually playing the card for 5 or 10 extra seconds.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »
+5

I played Dominion in person for 8 hours straight! It was so weird. When I went to play a card, there was no unseen force preventing me from actually playing the card for 5 or 10 extra seconds.

Yes there was. It is called inertia. You must be strong.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 02:58:58 pm »
+1

Yes there was. It is called inertia. You must be strong.

Inertia is not a force.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 03:22:41 pm »
+7

Inertia is not a force.

Are you expecting me to discuss science with an alchemist?

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 03:26:24 pm »
+2

Inertia is a property of mater.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »
+3

Inertia is not a force.

As opposed to the opinions of a Jester??

/off to grade physics lab reports now...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 03:47:04 pm »
+1

As opposed to the opinions of a Jester??

Computer science is real science, no matter what you call me.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »

Inertia is not a force.

But Kirian is a cartographer. He just has an alchemist disguise.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 03:56:27 pm »

It would make sense that good Bridge players were better at the game than great Dominion players. Dominion is still a baby and with a lot more dynamics and changes.
Additionally there's a lot of money in bridge. A few thousand people worldwide lives exclusively off playing the game, and further people earn money on making bridge software, learning others the game, writing about it and so on. Most of advanced Dominion theory was made in free time by a few hundred people at this forum. I think even if only 100 most active members of this forum could live off researching Dominion (and wanted to do so) our knowledge about the game would be way better.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 03:58:51 pm »

Are you trying to be cocky about your image matching your status?

I think anarchists stop using sabotage as their main tactic after the Spanish civil war. Maybe it is more accurate to say most anarchists stop being alive during the Spanish civil war.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »
+2

Are you trying to be cocky about your image matching your status?

I think anarchists stop using sabotage as their main tactic after the Spanish civil war. Maybe it is more accurate to say most anarchists stop being alive during the Spanish civil war.

Nobody expects the Spanish anarchists.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »

I went for a run.

Let's all take the time to share what amazing productive things we can do with a Dominion platform that doesn't allow us to play Dominion.

Obsessively check f.ds?

Play forum games!

(And work on my writing)

Kirian and Polk5440 have it right on for me.  I have gone from 2 days to almost 8 days in a terribly short period of time.  (granted some of that time is just having the tab open while at work)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 04:51:15 pm »

Online bridge all day

I would learn it if any of my friends were interested in learning it.  As it is, I don't even get to play Spades anymore.  The only thing I ever play with regular playing cards is Mao now... OK, sometimes Poker and Big Two.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 04:55:30 pm »

Online bridge all day

I play bridge...Not just old folks play it.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »

Online bridge all day

The dying claim was US-centrism. Sorry!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »
+2

Online bridge all day

The dying claim was US-centrism. Sorry!
I would back this up and saying its dying out in the UK too.
A lot of people still play, but its mainly old people

The younger crowd generally play poker now.

My Dad teaches bridge, well I say teaches. He gets paid to go on cruise ships to organise bridge games as an event. Which means he gets paid (a small amount) to go on a cruise for 10 days, of which he has to spend several evenings organising bridge (a game he loves). Its a hard life
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

manda2014

• Baron
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 11:53:21 pm »

Online bridge all day

My grandmother used to teach a bridge for beginners class to homeschooled elementary school-aged kids as an elective, and I really enjoyed it. I spent a ton of my childhood caddying bridge games (and making bank doing it). It really is a great game, but I unfortunately have forgotten like 80% of the part that makes it interesting (aka the bidding strategy and how to interpret various plays).

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2013, 10:29:29 am »

I come from a huge family of card-gamers all facilitated through my grandparents.  Although we never have played Bridge, we've played all sorts of things from Euchre to Hearts to Wizard to Canasta.  As such I love the simplicity of taking a deck of cards and playing a game with it.

Back to the topic though, one of my cousins and I have always said that we should become Bridge partners.  The only problem is that we don't really have time now, let's hope we retire in the same town!
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.