Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: New Dominion CONTEST  (Read 55607 times)

Destierro

• Bishop
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
Re: New Dominion CONTEST
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »

I cant see those cards ta56636, could you post them as text?

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »
+1

I cant see those cards ta56636, could you post them as text?

Try highlighting and dragging to the right. (They are attachments)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:23 pm »

Hey, I just remembered a fairly unique card idea that I've had sitting around for a while but never tested.  I suppose this is a good place to put it.

Farmer
$2 - Action-Reaction
+1 card
+1 action
---
Whenever you would draw a card other than during your Clean-up phase, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, instead of drawing a card, reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an action or treasure card.  Put that card into your hand and discard the other revealed cards.

A few comments on it.  First, yes I know that reactions to card-drawing are supposed to be bad.  An online version of this card would likely be a disaster.  But IRL, you can usually just reveal it once for the whole turn, and then in the weird cases where you don't want to reveal it, just specify that before drawing.

Second, it assumes drawing is non-atomic.  I'm not sure if that is ever specified in Dominion rules anywhere, but I assume that that's how drawing works because if you play Smithy with two cards left in your draw pile, you draw them first and then re-shuffle.  If I'm wrong about that, then re-wording would be necessary.

Third, I have no idea how weak/strong it is.  I think I originally had it as a pure reaction card, and then it would skip over itself which was cool, but I think that was too weak, so I made it a cantrip.  It's called Farmer because it turns a Village into a Farming Village.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:30:21 pm by scott_pilgrim »

Wrclass

• Young Witch
  • Dominion is the best game ever
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2013, 08:57:11 pm »

Hey, I just remembered a fairly unique card idea that I've had sitting around for a while but never tested.  I suppose this is a good place to put it.

Farmer
$2 - Action-Reaction
+1 card
+1 action
---
Whenever you would draw a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, instead of drawing a card, reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an action or treasure card.  Put that card into your hand and discard the other revealed cards.

A few comments on it.  First, yes I know that reactions to card-drawing are supposed to be bad.  An online version of this card would likely be a disaster.  But IRL, you can usually just reveal it once for the whole turn, and then in the weird cases where you don't want to reveal it, just specify that before drawing.

Second, it assumes drawing is non-atomic.  I'm not sure if that is ever specified in Dominion rules anywhere, but I assume that that's how drawing works because if you play Smithy with two cards left in your draw pile, you draw them first and then re-shuffle.  If I'm wrong about that, then re-wording would be necessary.

Third, I have no idea how weak/strong it is.  I think I originally had it as a pure reaction card, and then it would skip over itself which was cool, but I think that was too weak, so I made it a cantrip.  It's called Farmer because it turns a Village into a Farming Village.

"When you would draw a card" isn't in the Dominion rule book vocabulary.  :(
I play Lookout, revealing a Fortress, a Tunnel and a Gold.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »

Farmer
$2 - Action-Reaction
+1 card
+1 action
---
Whenever you would draw a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, instead of drawing a card, reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an action or treasure card.  Put that card into your hand and discard the other revealed cards.

This triggers during cleanup for bonkersness.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:12 pm »

Area 51 $4
+1 card
+1 action.
Trash this card. If you do, put the top card of the Mystery pile on top of your deck.
--
(Set up: Shuffle 10 random kingdom cards not in the game and place them face down next to the supply. The mystery pile is not part of the supply.)
Action

FAQ: cards from the mystery pile are not gained, so any on-gain effects do not happen.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »

Area 51 $4
+1 card
+1 action.
Trash this card. If you do, put the top card of the Mystery pile on top of your deck.
--
(Set up: Shuffle 10 random kingdom cards not in the game and place them face down next to the supply. The mystery pile is not part of the supply.)
Action

FAQ: cards from the mystery pile are not gained, so any on-gain effects do not happen.

Isn't this just a swingier Black Market?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2013, 10:29:32 pm »

Farmer
$2 - Action-Reaction
+1 card
+1 action
---

This triggers during cleanup for bonkersness.
Good catch.  Clearly that wasn't intended, although I'm not sure it breaks anything.  Probably makes clean-up really slow though, so I'll edit it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:39 am »

Here's my submission: (see http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9257.msg287489#msg287489)

:)

P.S. I would also probably add the wording at the bottom:

If you are unable to do so trash this card.

No need to add that line. As the card doesn't specify from where to buy the card (as Black Market or cards like Bandit Camp do) it would by default be from the supply. Cards that can't be returned to the supply cannot be bought from there, either.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:21 am »
+1

Here's my submission: (see http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9257.msg287489#msg287489)

:)

P.S. I would also probably add the wording at the bottom:

If you are unable to do so trash this card.

No need to add that line. As the card doesn't specify from where to buy the card (as Black Market or cards like Bandit Camp do) it would by default be from the supply. Cards that can't be returned to the supply cannot be bought from there, either.

He wanted that line there so that it isn't so good with one-shots.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 01:44:07 am »

Area 51 $4
+1 card
+1 action.
--
Action

Isn't this just a swingier Black Market?
Secret history of Treasure Map, etc..

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:14 am »

Nice to offer prizes for a contest, and nice prizes!

Relay Rider - Action $3
+1 Action
+1 Card
+1 Buy
Look through your discard pile. You may reveal a Relay Rider from it and put it in your hand.

Deathmonger - Action/Reaction $3
Trash the top card of your deck. You may trash the top card of your deck.
----
When any player (including you) trashes a card, you may discard this from your hand. If you do, that player puts the trashed card in their hand.

FAQ: - When you play it as an Action, you can trash 1 or 2 cards from the top of your deck, but you get to see the first trashed card before deciding if you want to trash a second one, and the trashing is not atomic.
- When several cards are trashed simultaneously, you can reveal Deathmonger to any of them, but just one. You have to state which trashed card you are revealing Deathmonger to when you reveal it. If several Deathmongers are revealed simultaneously, the player whose turn it is chooses in which order to resolve their effects. If several players want to reveal Deathmonger at the same time, they do it in clockwise order, starting from the player whose turn it is.
- If you reveal Deathmonger and while resolving its effect the card you revealed it to is no longer in the trash, then it has no effect (just the lose track rule applied to this case).

EDIT: I am aware that Deathmonger is probably more political that DXV would like for Dominion, but I am personally not concerned. If you are, maybe Deathmonger is not the right card for you, feel free to ignore it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:59:06 am by soulnet »

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:36 am »

Arboretum
Victory / Duration - $5
2 VP
When you discard this card in the clean-up phase, +2 VP and set it aside. Next turn, +$2 and flip it over. The next turn, trash it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:09:59 pm by XerxesPraelor »

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2013, 11:14:17 am »

Arboretum
Victory / Duration - $5
2 VP
When you discard this card from play, +2 VP and set it aside. Next turn, +$2 and flip it over. The next turn, trash it.

As written, you would never discard it "from play" because it will never be "in play". The idea seems nice.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »

Channel
1$ Action - Reaction

+2 Actions

Put this in a kingdom with King's Court, Goons and Masquerade, and you've achieved the ultimate in pointless never-ending Dominion games!
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2013, 01:13:26 pm »

Really? I would think it actually speeds up the outcome of KC/Goons/Masquerade.  The pinned player can end the game on Estates, Masquerades, and Channels.  Puts the pinner on some kind of clock to get more VPs than whatever green cards are in the pinned players deck.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2013, 01:46:34 pm »

Famine
0$ Victory
0 VP
Worth 2 VP if your deck contains four differently named victory cards.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:47:27 pm by popsofctown »

Dominion_Contests

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 02:34:43 pm »

Bit of a shot in the dark as I haven't quite had time to test them myself - but I thought - why not!

Honours
These are spread out in a fan and can be bought in any order - there is one of each type
They are part of the kingdom

Card details in images.
I can't see any of the Images you posted.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2013, 02:49:35 pm »

Famine
0$ Victory
0 VP

The trashing seems powerful and swingy, because getting it on a timely manner on the first reshuffle can lead to massive advantage in boards with no other trashing. Much more likely to hit hard for just one player than Mint, and the advantage could be even higher, because you can trash Estates/Shelters. The Victory part is strange, is hard to buy more than one, unless you are lucky to have a hand you can trash at the beginning of your shuffle, otherwise you most likely won't be buying it, and just having one would make the "get Estate/Duchy/Province" not so much worth it. I would avoid trashing the discard to make it more viable to buy this on the endgame for the points AND make the early-game trashing less swingy.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2013, 03:23:57 pm »

This is a card I made a while ago. It is unplaytested

Demon
$4 - Action-Duration
Now and at the start of every turn in which this card is in play, +1 Card.
At the start of Clean-up this turn, trash a card from your hand. If you do, leave this in play. If you don't, trash this and gain a curse.

An every-turn cantrip trasher, but one that is hard to get rid of and stings when it does.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2013, 03:35:35 pm »

Demon
$4 - Action-Duration
At the start of Clean-up this turn, trash a card from your hand. If you do, leave this in play. If you don't, trash this and gain a curse.

An every-turn cantrip trasher, but one that is hard to get rid of and stings when it does.

Its more than a cantrip trasher, is a Lab-trasher on all other turns. Seems way too powerful, although the mandatory trashing may hurt, is definitively an opener. And trashing at the end of turn makes it even better and less dangerous. I would probably up the cost, avoid the +1 Card or make the trashing at the beginning of the turn. Probably the first 2, to make it less luck-based (although it would still compare favorably to lookout, I guess).

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2013, 03:41:08 pm »

Demon
$4 - Action-Duration

Its more than a cantrip trasher, is a Lab-trasher on all other turns. Seems way too powerful, although the mandatory trashing may hurt, is definitively an opener. And trashing at the end of turn makes it even better and less dangerous. I would probably up the cost, avoid the +1 Card or make the trashing at the beginning of the turn. Probably the first 2, to make it less luck-based (although it would still compare favorably to lookout, I guess).

Oops. You're totally right. Perhaps the +1 card should be removed.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2013, 04:51:57 pm »

Famine
0$ Victory
0 VP

The trashing seems powerful and swingy, because getting it on a timely manner on the first reshuffle can lead to massive advantage in boards with no other trashing. Much more likely to hit hard for just one player than Mint, and the advantage could be even higher, because you can trash Estates/Shelters. The Victory part is strange, is hard to buy more than one, unless you are lucky to have a hand you can trash at the beginning of your shuffle, otherwise you most likely won't be buying it, and just having one would make the "get Estate/Duchy/Province" not so much worth it. I would avoid trashing the discard to make it more viable to buy this on the endgame for the points AND make the early-game trashing less swingy.
Typo.  Thought I put the word "deck" in there, but I didn't.  It is a totally different card if it trashes the deck, the intent is for each player to have the option to try "Mint+Lighthouse" at the beginning of the game if they feel brave.

The VP clause is for cards that use Remodel or Workshop and chose not to buy Famine.  I had no intention of providing enough VP to convince a Famine opener to not trash the Famine.

It's worth noting that trashing cards from play does not cancel out the coin they've provided, so you can use +buy to sneak soda bottles into the movie theater.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:56:01 pm by popsofctown »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 04:56:28 pm »

Famine
0$ Victory
0 VP

Typo.  Thought I put the word "deck" in there, but I didn't.  It is a totally different card if it trashes the deck, the intent is for each player to have the option to try "Mint+Lighthouse" at the beginning of the game if they feel brave.

The VP clause is for cards that use Remodel or Workshop.

So it trashes literally everything you have?  I can't see that ever, ever being a good idea.  Maybe something super weird with Poor House + Squire, since you only need to spend one turn buying Copper... but really?

Edit: your edit makes an interesting point about +Buy, but that still means the earliest you are going to do this is on turn 3, assuming you draw the +Buy card you opened with.  And then you're going to end up with a deck that just has Famine and maybe a Silver, maybe something a little better.  Still seems absolutely terrible. :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:59:56 pm by eHalcyon »

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »

Edit: your edit makes an interesting point about +Buy, but that still means the earliest you are going to do this is on turn 3, assuming you draw the +Buy card you opened with.  And then you're going to end up with a deck that just has Famine and maybe a Silver, maybe something a little better.  Still seems absolutely terrible. :P

Nomad camp
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 2.355 seconds with 22 queries.