Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Game Over - Hobbits+Smeagol win!)  (Read 189183 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Day 2!)
« Reply #1500 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:52 am »

Guys, my claim could be super bad for town.  I know it sounds weird and suspicious.  It will be slightly less dangerous if I claim Day 3.  Can we wait until then?

take it up with TA.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 26, 2013, 10:41:10 am »

Guys, my claim could be super bad for town.  I know it sounds weird and suspicious.  It will be slightly less dangerous if I claim Day 3.  Can we wait until then?
I also desire to wait until day3.  And EFHW is a strong townread from me.  So I second and third this.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:46 am »

If we're going to lynch archetype anyway (and I think we should) then waiting until day3 is fine with me as well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 26, 2013, 11:17:54 am »

Okay. I'm just a little Hobbit Boy. I'm a 2-shot Weak Bulletproof Roleblocker. I'm bulletproof on the nights I don't roleblock, because who would kill an innocent boy? When I do roleblock (Annoy), I can be killed and if I target scum I die (Because when "innocent little boy" changes to "annoying little boy", the scum aren't so nice.)

in mafia noir Galzria made mcmc a bulletproof roleblocker

Again?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 26, 2013, 11:29:03 am »

I am also comfortable waiting until Day 3 to proceed further with massclaim.

If TA feels the same, then I will issue my challenge.  If not, I will wait until after massclaim concludes.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 26, 2013, 11:33:41 am »

If TA feels the same, then I will issue my challenge.  If not, I will wait until after massclaim concludes.
Do you know who you'll be challenging? Do you think you should be consulting with TA first?

Yuma seems to be quick to issue suspicions today, and I haven't really heard him call anyone (but chairs) towny. Even with me and nkirbit it seemed to me more like he was thanking us for helping his agenda further rather than giving us any town points.

That being said, mail-mi is easily my second highest suspect. I suspected him before the claim, and the claim isn't alleviating those suspicions. That being said, lynching someone with a role like that is problematic to say the least.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 26, 2013, 11:36:17 am »

Yuma seems to be quick to issue suspicions today, and I haven't really heard him call anyone (but chairs) towny. Even with me and nkirbit it seemed to me more like he was thanking us for helping his agenda further rather than giving us any town points.

I am always quick to issue with suspicion. You know that. I had called arch townie previous to his lying (based mostly off my following result). I find you townie, based off your claim and further evidence that chairs is town. Other than that... I don't know. Oh... mcmc I think is town.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:20 am »

Well that killed things.

It's pretty late here, so I'll be signing off as well.
Let's start it back up! What do you think about my claim and alignment? Whose reaction to this is the scummiest and towniest to you?
I believe you, Eevee. I find it strange that there could be two Hiders in this game, but ours seemed to be made out to be used differently.

yuma is seeming very scummy for being on about reluctance (EFHW)/unbelief (My own role) of claims. It's especially weird considering he believes charis' claim, which is the most unbelievable role ever, IMO. But I don't know if he can be scum. I've never heard of a scum follower (though it could be a version of Role Cop, I guess), but I'd actually be fine with lynching him. Though It'd be really bad if he's Town.

EFHW is my top Townread. That probably doesn't mean much coming from me, however.

What about you, Eevee?

PPE: 3

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 26, 2013, 11:38:13 am »

I am always quick to issue with suspicion. You know that. I had called arch townie previous to his lying (based mostly off my following result). I find you townie, based off your claim and further evidence that chairs is town. Other than that... I don't know. Oh... mcmc I think is town.
What are the grounds for the mcmc read? Is there more than the one catch up post outlining the previous events of day 2?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:34 am »

Do you know who you'll be challenging? Do you think you should be consulting with TA first?

If TA wants me to make an "intent to challenge" post before actually challenging, I'm fine with that.  I do know who, at this point, I would challenge.  However, if TA wants to continue the massclaim, I would rather wait to challenge (or announce my planned challenge) until after massclaim is completed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:46 am »

I believe you, Eevee. I find it strange that there could be two Hiders in this game, but ours seemed to be made out to be used differently.

yuma is seeming very scummy for being on about reluctance (EFHW)/unbelief (My own role) of claims. It's especially weird considering he believes charis' claim, which is the most unbelievable role ever, IMO. But I don't know if he can be scum. I've never heard of a scum follower (though it could be a version of Role Cop, I guess), but I'd actually be fine with lynching him. Though It'd be really bad if he's Town.

I keep saying this: I know that I was fed adn given a bonus. I know this... I don't see it as unbelievable... I have already given plenty of reasons why it could be believable. Nobody just reads my posts I guess.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 26, 2013, 11:42:24 am »

I'm actually sort of in the raerae/shraeye camp at the moment (and this applies especially to TwistedArcher); I feel we are going to lynch Archetype, and being too specific about out reads might make scum make a more informed killing decision tonight. Is this line of thinking wrong? I think it especially applies to players who are almost "accepted" as townies, and I haven't seen anyone doubt my claim so I'm including myself in that group. It's a bit different for me as a hider scum can't decide to kill me, but still, giving away exact lists would tell them who I'm likely to help mislynching tomorrow and who I'm not. Again, I mean this more as a point for TA to consider, I'm not delusional enough to think I'd be the most influential player tomorrow. Clue mafia is still pretty fresh in my mind though..

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 26, 2013, 11:43:39 am »

I keep saying this: I know that I was fed adn given a bonus. I know this... I don't see it as unbelievable... I have already given plenty of reasons why it could be believable. Nobody just reads my posts I guess.
One of them being the fact I'm willing to confirm he is not an orc - Archetype how can you trust my claim and want to lynch chairs?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 26, 2013, 11:44:15 am »

I keep saying this: I know that you followed me and know I'm a protective power. You know this... yet you see it as unblievable...I have already given plenty of reasons why it could be believable. Nobody reads my posts I guess.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 26, 2013, 11:44:37 am »

If TA wants me to make an "intent to challenge" post before actually challenging, I'm fine with that.  I do know who, at this point, I would challenge.  However, if TA wants to continue the massclaim, I would rather wait to challenge (or announce my planned challenge) until after massclaim is completed.
What is the reasoning for holding back this information? There could still be an unclaimed power role with results, I don't see any harm in being open about which way you are going to go beforehand.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: August 26, 2013, 11:46:34 am »

One of them being the fact I'm willing to confirm he is not an orc - Archetype how can you trust my claim and want to lynch chairs?
I really do think he's 3rd party. It may not be an Orc, but if he's scum. He's scum.

But, he's not my preferred lynch. I've been saying since D1 that mcmcsalot is scum and needs to be lynched. But I'd be OK with lynching mail-mi too. His flavor name does not seem like one ash would make and I could not believe that with mail-mi's personality he wouldn't use his power at night.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 26, 2013, 11:49:00 am »

I really do think he's 3rd party. It may not be an Orc, but if he's scum. He's scum.
I.. do not understand this sentence. What do you mean?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 26, 2013, 11:51:40 am »

That 'it' should be 'he'. I'm saying that even though he may not be an Orc, he could be another form of scum. And that still means that he's scum. But even though I really don't believe his claim, TA can be the call of whether or not we risk it and lynch him.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:28 pm »

What is the reasoning for holding back this information? There could still be an unclaimed power role with results, I don't see any harm in being open about which way you are going to go beforehand.

I am concerned that announcing my top suspect/reasoning at this time (mid-massclaim) could give further information to any yet-to-claim scum that might help them craft reasonable fakeclaims.  If we're going to proceed with massclaim today, then we should proceed with massclaim without inadvertently helping scum figure out what sort of claims I (or others) would most likely find believable.

If we're adjourning massclaim for the day, then I will either challenge or announce intent to challenge (TA's preference).

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 26, 2013, 12:07:27 pm »

I am concerned that announcing my top suspect/reasoning at this time (mid-massclaim) could give further information to any yet-to-claim scum that might help them craft reasonable fakeclaims.  If we're going to proceed with massclaim today, then we should proceed with massclaim without inadvertently helping scum figure out what sort of claims I (or others) would most likely find believable.

If we're adjourning massclaim for the day, then I will either challenge or announce intent to challenge (TA's preference).

Despite our disagreements elsewhere, I agree with your logic here.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 26, 2013, 12:14:09 pm »

I keep saying this: I know that you followed me and know I'm a protective power. You know this... yet you see it as unblievable...I have already given plenty of reasons why it could be believable. Nobody reads my posts I guess.

I know you are a protective power. I certainly don't know you are town. Big difference. I also know you have lied. You have admitted to doing so. Again, a big difference.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 26, 2013, 12:16:02 pm »

That 'it' should be 'he'. I'm saying that even though he may not be an Orc, he could be another form of scum. And that still means that he's scum. But even though I really don't believe his claim, TA can be the call of whether or not we risk it and lynch him.

what evidence do you have to make you soooooo convinced. You haven't offered any. Therefore you must "know" something the rest of us don't. Really all you are basing this off is a disbelief that ash could make a balanced setup with his role. That is your whole read and I will say here and now it is a crappy one.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 26, 2013, 12:16:38 pm »

I know you are a protective power. I certainly don't know you are town. Big difference. I also know you have lied. You have admitted to doing so. Again, a big difference.
But chairs also lied D1. He said he had no idea what his dinner did, but he did.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 26, 2013, 12:20:35 pm »

yuma, don't you feel there is probably some twist we aren't realizing though? This town seems insanely strong, even if mail-mi and archetype (or some other two) are lying..

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 26, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »

Did he though?

Okay, I'm back.

And I'm at L-1.

As far as PRs go, I'm afraid I don't have something that I can guarantee is awesome/cool, because I legitimately don't know much about it - I'm simply told that my target will have a benefit to me targeting them.

HOWEVER, it is verifiable that I targeted somebody - because I'm a Chef.  If I target you, you'll know you had dinner (or second dinner, or would we be on third dinner yet?).

quoting is being weird... so just regular quotes

early day2
3) If they are a Hobbit, there's some benefit (I don't know what).  If they're a dirty Orc, then they end up with the cool L-1 = Lynch mechanic.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.