Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Game Over - Hobbits+Smeagol win!)  (Read 189994 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Day 2!)
« Reply #1025 on: August 23, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »

I just feel like a massclaim would help clear things up. Because out of a Town of 12, we have Voltgloss and I partly claimed, chairs and Twistedarcher fully claimed, and yuma about to claim. Plus, someone here knows what happened to the NK.

Do you know what happened to it?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 23, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »

But geez, chairs must be scum, right? Otherwise this setup may be heavily slanted towards town.

We'd have a Doctor, an IC, a Cop, my power, Roleblocker/JK/Redirector to Bulletproof. I just refuse to believe ashersky would make a setup like this.

I am thinking no. This is RoleMadness.... And I would be that everyone's powers to an extent are stunted. x-shots, different day uses, limits, restrictions... I have modded with ash, this I think is how he works...

You're absolutely right.

Which is why it's so bizarre that chairs told us he can use his power every night.
This. ashersky likes taking strong roles and putting weird twists on them. Last game he had Cops, but they could only investigate one of the two factions. In this game we have an IC that gets notified if he gets protected each night, A Cop that also gives a small benefit when they target Town, the non-consecutive doctor (which is cool, for a number of reasons) to prevent continual blockage of kills, and who knows what else.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 23, 2013, 01:23:56 pm »

I just feel like a massclaim would help clear things up. Because out of a Town of 12, we have Voltgloss and I partly claimed, chairs and Twistedarcher fully claimed, and yuma about to claim. Plus, someone here knows what happened to the NK.

All will be revealed in a massclaim.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 23, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »

All will be revealed in a massclaim.
But no, not really.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 23, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »

Is yuma about to claim?  I don't recall seeing that.  Did I miss it?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:57 pm »

But geez, chairs must be scum, right? Otherwise this setup may be heavily slanted towards town.

We'd have a Doctor, an IC, a Cop, my power, Roleblocker/JK/Redirector to Bulletproof. I just refuse to believe ashersky would make a setup like this.

I am thinking no. This is RoleMadness.... And I would be that everyone's powers to an extent are stunted. x-shots, different day uses, limits, restrictions... I have modded with ash, this I think is how he works...

You're absolutely right.

Which is why it's so bizarre that chairs told us he can use his power every night.
This. ashersky likes taking strong roles and putting weird twists on them. Last game he had Cops, but they could only investigate one of the two factions. In this game we have an IC that gets notified if he gets protected each night, A Cop that also gives a small benefit when they target Town, the non-consecutive doctor (which is cool, for a number of reasons) to prevent continual blockage of kills, and who knows what else.

This isn't true -- it's possible I was protected, and then no NK attempted on me. What I do know, though, is that there was not a NK attempt on me that got doctored. I am only alerted if there a NK on me and it's doctored, not if I'm just doctored.

Let me know if this isn't clear. There very well may have been a doctor who protected me last night, but if there was, he did not prevent me from being killed. Either I was not targeted, or the kill was prevented from occurring through Roleblocking, Bus-driving, or something like that -- something on the potential killer's side, not my side.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 23, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »

Also, we are unfortunately operating with incomplete information.  I think a full third of us haven't even POSTED yet since Day 2 start.  Eevee, mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm, and shraeye.  Any one of them could potentially have important night results for us.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 23, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

I agree. Definitely hold off on any claims until everyone posts. I'm not sure that massclaim is the correct way to go.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 23, 2013, 01:32:59 pm »

Also, we are unfortunately operating with incomplete information.  I think a full third of us haven't even POSTED yet since Day 2 start.  Eevee, mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm, and shraeye.  Any one of them could potentially have important night results for us.

Interestingly that is where I think scum is most likely to be... Jimmmm certainly. mcmc I think not. The other two? Very possible.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 23, 2013, 01:33:11 pm »

Oh, ok. Thanks TA.

Yeah, I'm really getting ahead of myself. When I began listing reasons for a MASSCLAIM, I then remembered that not as many people have claimed as I thought they had. Which makes it much worse of an idea, especially today. Come on in lurkers!

Feels weird writing that instead of reading it. New age Arch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 23, 2013, 01:34:22 pm »

Is yuma about to claim?  I don't recall seeing that.  Did I miss it?

I don't think so. I said a handful of things about chairs and the dinner, but not about my actual role. Nor do I intend to do so right now. I am actually less opposed to mass claiming in general in RMM because I think there is less to get out of it as everyone has roles that are probably worthwhile...

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 23, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »

Although I do have a question I think may be worth posing to everyone, that I don't think gives anything away.  TA, I leave it up to you whether you think everyone should answer this. 

The question:  Does your role have a page on the mafiascum wiki?  Do NOT claim what it is.

Modifiers are separate from roles for this purpose.  I.e., for sudgy, "Doctor" is his role and "Non-Consecutive Night" is his modifer.  They both have wiki pages.

My role and modifiers all appear on the wiki.

The point, of course, is that "Chef" does not.  I think it is worth finding out if chairs is the only player with such an esoteric non-standard role.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 23, 2013, 01:36:22 pm »

I'm against that, Volt. I don't think it's any more likely that scum would have an interesting role without a page. I really don't get what we learn from it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 23, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »

Although I do have a question I think may be worth posing to everyone, that I don't think gives anything away.  TA, I leave it up to you whether you think everyone should answer this. 

The question:  Does your role have a page on the mafiascum wiki?  Do NOT claim what it is.

Modifiers are separate from roles for this purpose.  I.e., for sudgy, "Doctor" is his role and "Non-Consecutive Night" is his modifer.  They both have wiki pages.

My role and modifiers all appear on the wiki.

The point, of course, is that "Chef" does not.  I think it is worth finding out if chairs is the only player with such an esoteric non-standard role.

I can already say that my "role name" doesn't have a page, but is rather a deviation from standard roles... again this is typical ash modding, taking a standard role and manipulating it somewhat and giving it a new name. I don't think this exercise is worthwhile.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 23, 2013, 01:39:08 pm »

I'm against that, Volt. I don't think it's any more likely that scum would have an interesting role without a page. I really don't get what we learn from it.

I'm not sure I understand your second sentence.  Maybe we're talking past each other?  What I'm trying to determine is if chairs' claim is fake. 

I'm fine if you don't approve of the idea but I want to make sure I've clearly explained it.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 23, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »

The fact that yuma is against the plan and claims his role isn't on the wiki makes me more interested in following it.  Because if my theory is right, chairs is a Mentor and yuma is his Mentee, and yuma has to do everything in his power to not let chairs die.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 23, 2013, 01:41:04 pm »

I think it's very likely that Ash made a role that's not on the Wiki pages. Whether or not five other people or two other people or zero other people have a similar role, I don't think that speaks to Chairs' role. He has created roles before that didn't have pages -- there were several in Shakespeare that were variations on more normal roles.

I just think that this serves to give information about people's roles without helping us catch scum. Not really that harmful, but certainly not harmless, so I absolutely don't want to do this.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 23, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »

Is asking a question like that even allowed?  I thought that wiki was there for reference only, and I think it's somewhat outside of the spirit of the game to ask questions like, "Is your role documented?"

Use that wiki when you're not sure how something works, but I think a question like that is making it a part of the game, which I'm not in support of.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 23, 2013, 01:41:53 pm »

The fact that yuma is against the plan and claims his role isn't on the wiki makes me more interested in following it.  Because if my theory is right, chairs is a Mentor and yuma is his Mentee, and yuma has to do everything in his power to not let chairs die.

Ok. Say Chairs and Yuma both have roles not on the wiki, and everyone else does.

I still don't think that's any evidence against Chairs and Yuma...hence why I think this is useless

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 23, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »

then lynch me, see that I am town and be done with it. Seriously. If you think that I would rather go to the grave than have chairs die. (already anticipating you saying "further evidence!!! yuma would rather die as a mentee than watch his mentor die!!!) But seriously, let's hunt mafia... rather than go off on wild goose chases...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 23, 2013, 01:42:47 pm »

Is asking a question like that even allowed?  I thought that wiki was there for reference only, and I think it's somewhat outside of the spirit of the game to ask questions like, "Is your role documented?"

Use that wiki when you're not sure how something works, but I think a question like that is making it a part of the game, which I'm not in support of.

I see absolutely no reason it wouldn't be allowed. It's no different than asking "Who has a role that starts with P?" or "Who has a role that has 4 letters?" or something like that. I just think it's not a good idea, regardless.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 23, 2013, 01:42:58 pm »

vote: voltgloss

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 23, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »

Fair enough.  Idea abandoned.

I don't regret suggesting it though, because we got what I think is most telling:  yuma's reaction to it.

yuma, in what games have you been scum?

PPE:  A vote!  Intriguing.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 23, 2013, 01:45:42 pm »

Fair enough.  Idea abandoned.

I don't regret suggesting it though, because we got what I think is most telling:  yuma's reaction to it.

yuma, in what games have you been scum?

PPE:  A vote!  Intriguing.

Intriguing? You betcha.

Scum:

MIII
MV
Blitz 1
MXIV
MXIX
MXX
MXXV
Galz's RoleMadness Game

I think that is it.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 23, 2013, 01:50:36 pm »

TA, Arch:  Assume for argument's sake that yuma and chairs are now Mentor and Mentee, in some order.  Which do you think is more likely to be the Mentor?  If my theory is correct, this is a very important question for us to get right, so I'm soliciting your opinions.

yuma, did you target anyone last night?  If so, who?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 17 queries.