Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Game Over - Hobbits+Smeagol win!)  (Read 189185 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Day 2!)
« Reply #975 on: August 23, 2013, 11:19:52 am »

Vote: Yuma

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 23, 2013, 11:19:59 am »

Unvote

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 23, 2013, 11:20:37 am »

Okay, Yuma's been at L-1 now, you all can unvote. Thanks for cooperating.

Will get to those pesky re-reads at some point today, I promise.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Night 1!)
« Reply #978 on: August 23, 2013, 11:22:19 am »

Vote Count 2.3:

yuma (5): chairs, mail-mi, nkirbit, EFHW, Voltgloss

Not Voting (7): Eevee, Twistedarcher, Archetype, mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm, shraeye, yuma

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on September 2 at 8:00 p.m.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 23, 2013, 11:23:14 am »

I am alive! Alright TA, let's see if we can get this town going in the right direction!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 23, 2013, 11:27:05 am »

Unvote

While this gives Yuma a lot of town credit, I'm still not considering him 100% IC.  Maybe like 85%!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 23, 2013, 11:29:08 am »

Unvote

While this gives Yuma a lot of town credit, I'm still not considering him 100% IC.  Maybe like 85%!

really... well I am inclined to vote: nkirbit just for that. You really think that putting everyone up to L-1 is the way to do this? Alright. Let's start with you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 23, 2013, 11:30:57 am »

Unvote

Rereads planned for this weekend.

Will everyone be around for a Wednesday soft deadline?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 23, 2013, 11:33:21 am »

Unvote

Rereads planned for this weekend.

Will everyone be around for a Wednesday soft deadline?

I have no idea where I will be. If not at hospital I will be my /on week, but will be somewhat available in the evening.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 23, 2013, 11:34:46 am »

I'm willing to consider the possibility that non-Orc scum exists (because it's ashersky), but now we know he's definitely not a dirty Orcses!

Why don't we all sit down to second breakfast and consider a vote: Jimmmmm.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 23, 2013, 11:35:28 am »

Unvote

really... well I am inclined to vote: nkirbit just for that. You really think that putting everyone up to L-1 is the way to do this? Alright. Let's start with you.

I agree with nkirbit. There's a lot of things that could have happened. Yuma and chairs could be scum buddies (doubtful) chairs could be lying scum about what his partner does, we are just misunderstanding the role, etc.  there are enough possibilities that 85% IC sounds about right.

Yuma do you think you should be 100% IC? We just cannot know 100% exactly what's going on.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 23, 2013, 11:38:11 am »

Yes, non-orc scum is also a possibility. Although that would require two missing kills, not one, and with a doc already dead, I'm not sure how likely that is.

Oh, here's another piece of the puzzle: I was not doctored last night. I have one more small PR in addition to my IC power. That means if there's a roleblocker out there, there's a pretty great chance that you roleblocked scum last night, so definitely consider that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 23, 2013, 11:39:57 am »

Unvote

I agree with nkirbit. There's a lot of things that could have happened. Yuma and chairs could be scum buddies (doubtful) chairs could be lying scum about what his partner does, we are just misunderstanding the role, etc.  there are enough possibilities that 85% IC sounds about right.

Yuma do you think you should be 100% IC? We just cannot know 100% exactly what's going on.

I don't think I should be on the same level as you 100% confirmed. But I would put myself up there high. Maybe 85% is high? But nkirbits plan to put everyone to L-1 is just plain ridiculous and a complete distraction to the actual game... something that I think only benefits scum (especially because I know there is nothing to get out of it)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #988 on: August 23, 2013, 11:41:26 am »

3)  I promise there is only one scum team.  There may or may not be more than one scum.

Only one scum team. Team in italics... I hate to suggest this but could we be dealing with a cult? The no-kill might indicate recruiting over killing?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 23, 2013, 11:42:58 am »

Well, you know that it has no benefit if you're town. But if he's town, he doesn't know that, so I won't hold that against him. Honestly if we didn't have time / practicality issues, I would be 100% for it. As is, I don't think it's really that feasible, and it will distract too much, so I don't think we can do it.

It's a safeguard against the possibility that you and Chairs are lying. It's a safeguard against a case that has a higher than 0% probability of happening, so it's not a terrible idea, honestly. I definitely don't give him a scum-read for it.

I get thinking that his plan is impractical and a distraction we don't need -- I agree with that. But I don't find it scummy, since I can see exactly the logic it's rooted it. Do you disagree?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:07 am »

Why don't we all sit down to second breakfast and consider a vote: Jimmmmm.

I'm definitely up for a Jimmmmmy Dean breakfast and have been for a while.  Vote: Jimmmmm.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:31 am »

3)  I promise there is only one scum team.  There may or may not be more than one scum.

Only one scum team. Team in italics... I hate to suggest this but could we be dealing with a cult? The no-kill might indicate recruiting over killing?

Maybe a SK, but it would be weird to have a SK and TWO missing kills, especially when I wasn't doctored last night.

Cults would be interesting, and would also go along with the any player who is "currently" a hobbit. Yuck, it's a possibility.

Do cults get a NK, or do they solely recruit?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 23, 2013, 11:46:36 am »

I get thinking that his plan is impractical and a distraction we don't need -- I agree with that. But I don't find it scummy, since I can see exactly the logic it's rooted it. Do you disagree?

I can see the logic, but I don't like the plan for another reason:  If chairs is telling the truth, he's a town PR who can make scum get lynched at L-1.  It would not surprise me at all for there to be a scum PR who can make town get lynched at L-1.  Running everyone up to L-1 runs headlong into that kind of trap.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 23, 2013, 11:47:38 am »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

"Cults may form a faction, but unlike Mafia, they do not have a factional kill. On rare occasions, they do or may acquire one - this is called Cultafia and is again difficult-to-impossible to balance."

But really, I just probably shouldn't have said anything... Thinking about cults can just be a crazy distraction and are almost never in games. I think we should just assume we don't have a cult until we find evidence that we do.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 23, 2013, 11:47:59 am »

I can see the logic, but I don't like the plan for another reason:  If chairs is telling the truth, he's a town PR who can make scum get lynched at L-1.  It would not surprise me at all for there to be a scum PR who can make town get lynched at L-1.  Running everyone up to L-1 runs headlong into that kind of trap.

Yeah, it would. But it would also be pretty obvious after we lynched one town member at L-1 that Chairs was lying. Ultimately I would be okay with that trade.

Yuma's got me worried that we started off with a cult, now. Ugh.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 23, 2013, 11:48:43 am »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

"Cults may form a faction, but unlike Mafia, they do not have a factional kill. On rare occasions, they do or may acquire one - this is called Cultafia and is again difficult-to-impossible to balance."

But really, I just probably shouldn't have said anything... Thinking about cults can just be a crazy distraction and are almost never in games. I think we should just assume we don't have a cult until we find evidence that we do.

I agree. And ultimately, scumhunting for an initial cult member is insanely hard if there's only one, so we're better off just trying to find mafia.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 23, 2013, 11:50:26 am »

It's a safeguard against the possibility that you and Chairs are lying. It's a safeguard against a case that has a higher than 0% probability of happening, so it's not a terrible idea, honestly. I definitely don't give him a scum-read for it.

I don't know. I find it null to the scummier side. But I think it is a pretty ridiculous accusation (overly paranoid is perhaps the right wording) to suspect us of that. Maybe if we live for a few mores together... especially chairs... then be suspicious. But for now it is just such an easy lie to detect. Once one of us dies the gambit would be up. I know people hate this phrase, but "if I were scum" there is no way I would participate in something that risky. The rewards wouldn't be worth the risk.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 23, 2013, 11:51:19 am »

Yeah, it would. But it would also be pretty obvious after we lynched one town member at L-1 that Chairs was lying. Ultimately I would be okay with that trade.

It would?  In the scenario I'm describing, chairs is telling the truth but there's another scum out there who mirrors his power. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 23, 2013, 11:52:05 am »

Oh, I thought you meant that Chairs was lying. I hope there's not another scum out there who mirrors that power, that would be really confusing, and yeah I can totally see that being true.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 23, 2013, 11:53:47 am »

While i do not suggest lynching chairs/yuma, I do very much believe that this could be a scumteam plan to give yuma boatloads of town cred. And because i have a scum read on chairs, this is very possible to me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 16 queries.