Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unfinished game: who wins?  (Read 849 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Unfinished game: who wins?
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »

With colonies and platinums:

Fun game here that was almost finished when my opponent experienced some connection issues and lost because of that.  At the time we were tied at 47 VP each, 2 colonies remaining, with curses and cartographers gone.  I think I had the advantage with a smaller deck due to forge and also with more cartographers, but can't be certain I would have won. 

Here is the log:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130723/log.515f2508e4b09ee2d2aa5c19.1374596181298.txt
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Re: Unfinished game: who wins?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »
+1

Your opponents last hand starts as follows:

Platinum, Cartographer, Cartographer, Remodel, Copper

The Cartographers draw a Gold and Taxman leaving a Baker and Gold as the top 2 cards of the deck.

Now comes the decision.  Your opponent has Platinum, Gold, Remodel, Taxman, Copper in hand.  At this stage in the game, you need green and your opponent has a couple of options. 

First - Remodel Platinum --> Colony and buy Estate netting 11 points but leaving 1 Colony left

Second - Remodel Taxman --> Duchy and buy Province netting 9 points but keeping the Colony stack at 2.

Your last hand is Cartographer, Cartographer, Copper, Forge, Colony.  Regardless of what option your opponent takes you can not win on that turn.  Your Cartographers will draw at least 1 good card in your hand, but there is no way to get Colony + Duchy or Double Colony (buy one/forge one) depending on opponents decision.  Your opponent is on the cusp of reshuffling and has Gold/Baker as the next two cards.  Best case scenario for you on your turn is draw Province/Duchy or Colony/Naught.  You will likely be able to set up your next hand, but your opponent is in the driving seat in terms of penultimate victory cards and does have a deck that can make it.

I'm going to have to give this one to your opponent in a nail biter.  Especially if they choose option 1.  With your deck, you are unlikely to get Colony/Duchy to make up the 1-point difference.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.