Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Power of Urchin/Mercenary  (Read 1148 times)

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Power of Urchin/Mercenary
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130606/log.51102f16e4b0fb53a9f92227.1370537944054.txt

I'm able to build a great engine based on the trashing of Mercenary, and use Watchtower as draw.

My question is:  For opening, is Urchin/Urchin too risky here?  I didn't do it because I was hoping to be able to buy lots of cheap cards (Watchtower, Village, Bridge, and Procession are all important) and I thought Bridge would help.  But, getting Mercenary is huge to trash your coppers and estate, or no engine can happen.  Also, should HoP be picked up at a different time / kept longer?
A man on a mission.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
Re: Power of Urchin/Mercenary
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:30:55 pm »

I would at least consider Urchin/Urchin, since you can't really improve your collision odds too much until you get some trashing going. That way you maximize the collision opportunities.

I would get HoP as soon as you think that you can chain 3-4 different names on a turn. That is the other way to get all the cheap cards you want.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »

Maybe you could look for opportunities to put two urchins on top of the deck using a watchtower.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:16:22 pm »

With so many $3 and $4 cost engine cards, the Bridge opening allows for gaining multiple engine components.  In your game you got exceptionally unlucky with you first reshuffle drawing Bridge when you only had $3 to spend.  You would hope to get Bridge with either $4 or $5 to facilitate either Urchin/Urchin or Procession/Urchin. 
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.998 seconds with 21 queries.