Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 603187 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #900 on: March 21, 2014, 04:34:41 am »
+1

Is Making Fun different from Goko? Did they buy the whole game?
I don't know what Goko is now. Making Fun is a different entity that predates Goko. They have two employees that worked at Goko (the one who answers questions in the forums, and a programmer). I don't know anything about money changing hands. Making Fun is the entity working on online Dominion, and it sounds like they expect they are in it for the long haul.

Anyone else think we should drop "Goko" from the extension's name now?

Since the phrase "Goko Salvager" has wormed its way into pretty much everything I've written, including the URL, the docs, and most of the JS code, I'd rather not go to the trouble of changing it until we have some reasonably compelling alternative.  "Dominion Online-whatever" doesn't sound like much to me, and I think we've learned our lesson about basing a name on a company that might not own the product in a year.

The logsearch/leaderboard page needs a good name too.  The problem with "drunkensailor" is that I don't actually own that domain.  It was a freebie from dynamicddns.  So I can't do https for it or use subdomains or anything.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 21, 2014, 05:43:32 am »
+1

The logsearch/leaderboard page needs a good name too.  The problem with "drunkensailor" is that I don't actually own that domain.  It was a freebie from dynamicddns.  So I can't do https for it or use subdomains or anything.
I don't know how much work this requires and if there are people with skills and time willing to do this, but purely from a user point of view the perfect solution would be putting Goko logs and statistics together with all data we have from Iso, probably under the name councilroom.com (we probably can have more rights to this domain and, contrary to drunkensailor, the name is family friendly, which will matter if one day we decide we'd like Goko/Making Fun to link to our stats page directly from Dominion client).

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 21, 2014, 05:53:42 am »

I don't know how much work this requires and if there are people with skills and time willing to do this, but purely from a user point of view the perfect solution would be putting Goko logs and statistics together with all data we have from Iso, probably under the name councilroom.com (we probably can have more rights to this domain and, contrary to drunkensailor, the name is family friendly, which will matter if one day we decide we'd like Goko/Making Fun to link to our stats page directly from Dominion client).

This could be either a little or a lot of work depending on what you mean.  Integrating the log parsers and databases would be a bitch (Edit: I think both ftl and serakfalcon have worked on it some though).  Just hosting both sites under the same URL would be easy, and it probably a good idea.  I'll talk to Mike McCallister about it.

If "drunkensailor" bothers your loved ones, you can always access the site through "gokosalvager.com".  Both address resolve to the same server.  I'm actually trying to phase out the drunkensailor name anyway.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:09:42 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 21, 2014, 06:09:29 am »
+12

I'm actually trying to phase out the drunkensailor name anyway.

This could be a poll! "What shall we do with the drunkensailor?"
  • Put him in the long-boat and make him bail her
  • Put him in the guardroom till he gets sober
  • Put him in the scuppers with a hose-pipe on him

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 21, 2014, 06:58:49 am »
+14

Oh man, you soooo want the new beta version (v2.5):

Isotropish Ratings: New options to display and sort by Isotropish ratings in the lobby.

Enhanced Blacklist:
  • Backs up to gokosalvager.com for easy synchronization across computers and protection against future URL changes.
  • New option to use a "Common Blacklist" of players whom others have already blacklisted. Threshold is adjustable.
  • No longer case-sensitive
Avatars: Faster loading; new UI for uploading.  Fewer HTTPS/CORS errors (more of interest to developers than regular users).

User Settings: Much prettier settings dialog, improved documentation and a link to it in the dialog.

Greeting Message: Now customizable and blank by default.

Other Fixes
  • No notification when you add a bot to your game in multiplayer (still broken in Adventures and Play Bots mode, apparently)
  • Links and custom avatar always appear on the title screen (hooray!)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:29:20 am by ragingduckd »

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 21, 2014, 08:04:31 am »

I installed and tried to open Goko. I got "Goko is fixing things now" screen. Does the new Salvager cause Goko to do this? Good feature, though I hope you remove it once they fix all the things needing it.

On a more serious note: I guess that if I turn Isotropish ratings on and start a "+/-1000" table, the number still refers to Goko Pro rating (as long as the table is Pro game) and people get aoutokicked or not depending on their Goko Pro rating?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 21, 2014, 08:33:22 am »

I installed and tried to open Goko. I got "Goko is fixing things now" screen. Does the new Salvager cause Goko to do this? Good feature, though I hope you remove it once they fix all the things needing it.

But then there wouldn't be any website left!

On a more serious note: I guess that if I turn Isotropish ratings on and start a "+/-1000" table, the number still refers to Goko Pro rating (as long as the table is Pro game) and people get aoutokicked or not depending on their Goko Pro rating?

Yes, autokick is still based on pro ratings.  There's some debate as to whether autokick by Isotropish is a good idea.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #907 on: March 21, 2014, 10:36:20 am »
+2

Yes, autokick is still based on pro ratings.  There's some debate as to whether autokick by Isotropish is a good idea.
Perhaps you could implement a different game title parameter for Isotropish autokick, so "5000+" would kick by Goko ratings and "#iso25+" or something would kick by Isotropish ratings.

Also, if you do this, it would be worth considering to automatically send a message in the chat if someone got kicked, say, 2 or more times from your game that would explain the kicking. "<username>, you got automatically kicked from my game because your level on the unofficial Isotropish leaderboard (gokosalvager.com/leaderboard) is below <requirement>", or something.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:40:50 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 21, 2014, 10:45:51 am »
+2

Perhaps you could implement a different game title parameter for Isotropish autokick, so "5000+" would kick by Goko ratings and "#iso25+" or something would kick by Isotropish ratings.

Also, if you do this, it would be worth considering to automatically send a message in the chat if someone got kicked, say, 2 or more times from your game that would explain the kicking. "<username>, you got automatically kicked from my game because your level on the unofficial Isotropish leaderboard (gokosalvager.com/leaderboard) is below <requirement>", or something.
I was the one who did not like this autokick based on level. With this message I think it is ok. I think it is even ok to say it every time. Maybe even for normal autokick there should be a message.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #909 on: March 21, 2014, 11:09:20 am »

I was the one who did not like this autokick based on level. With this message I think it is ok. I think it is even ok to say it every time. Maybe even for normal autokick there should be a message.
I think saying it every time would probably result in someone spamming the chat by repeatedly joining a game which kicks them.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 21, 2014, 11:25:04 am »

I think saying it every time would probably result in someone spamming the chat by repeatedly joining a game which kicks them.

What about just saying it the first time someone is kicked?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 21, 2014, 11:37:17 am »

What about sending them a private message only they can read? Oh wait, Goko hasn't implemented such a thing.

Are people seriously concerned with the family-friendliness of drunkensailor? I'm pretty sure we sang that song in Music lessons in 5th grade in school.

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 21, 2014, 12:37:42 pm »

Are people seriously concerned with the family-friendliness of drunkensailor? I'm pretty sure we sang that song in Music lessons in 5th grade in school.
English native speakers did.

Personally I'm not concerned at all, the sailor could be drunk, naked and carry a burning pitchfork and I wouldn't care as long as the pitchfork is not aimed at me. But someone may be. Which is why if some day AI wants the extension to be linked from Goko website (which has both pros and cons), the name should be changed. Goko Salvager is way better.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 21, 2014, 12:52:56 pm »
+11

What about just saying it the first time someone is kicked?

Okay guys, let me see if I understand correctly:

Code: [Select]
if (GS.isoLevelCache[joiner.get('playerId')] < minLevel) {
    GS.boot(joiner.get('playerId'));
    if (!_.contains(bootedOpps, joiner.get('playerId'))) {
        bootedOpps.push(joiner.get('playerId'));
        mtgRoom.conn.chat({text:
            'Dear ' + joiner.get('playerName') + ': you have been '
            + 'booted from my game because of yed, Awaclus, and GeoLib.'
        });
    }
}

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 21, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »
+1

New beta looks great! One thing I noticed: the "quick game"-button disappeared. Oh, and when I start a game against a bot, the "player joined" sound is played and I do receive the notification, but then the notification immediately disappears.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 21, 2014, 03:36:54 pm »
+1

New beta looks great! One thing I noticed: the "quick game"-button disappeared.

That doesn't seem to be the beta.  It's broken in the main release too, which is very strange, almost as if the page itself had changed.  Could someone at MakingFun actually be doing work on the client?

Oh, and when I start a game against a bot, the "player joined" sound is played and I do receive the notification, but then the notification immediately disappears.

Weird.  I don't.  What's your game title/type and what settings do you have for autokick?

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 21, 2014, 04:04:40 pm »
+1

It doesn't happen when adding a bot to your game in the multiplayer lobbies, it only happens when choosing "play bots" in the main menu (autokick setting is by rating only). I tried again, and now I get no pop-up or sound... So it doesn't happen consistently. If I notice it again, I'll try to see whether I can find a way to reproduce it.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 21, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »
+8

New beta looks great! One thing I noticed: the "quick game"-button disappeared.

That doesn't seem to be the beta.  It's broken in the main release too, which is very strange, almost as if the page itself had changed.  Could someone at MakingFun actually be doing work on the client?

Yes indeed!  Somebody at MakingFun has been working on the client.  Hurrah!

In fact, they just broke the CSS for the lobby buttons.  That's why the Quick Game button disappeared... the new CSS tries to place it underneath the Create Game button.  But it doesn't just screw with the extension... turn Salvager off and you can see how it affects the Play Now button:

On the left, the Play Now button is invisible because there aren't any open games.  On the right, it's visible and just barely peeking out from under the Create Game button. Aww... the new CSS made it shy.   :'(

Anyway, I fixed it.  Released for the beta as v2.5.0.1 and for the official as v2.4.7.1.  Update should be automatic.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:03 pm »
+5

On the left, the Play Now button is invisible because there aren't any open games.  On the right, it's visible and just barely peeking out from under the Create Game button. Aww... the new CSS made it shy.   :'(

He's hiding because they were making fun of him.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 22, 2014, 12:54:56 am »

The problem with "drunkensailor" is that I don't actually own that domain.  It was a freebie from dynamicddns.  So I can't do https for it or use subdomains or anything.

Crap, I totally got your PM last week and totally didn't respond to it.  Sorry.  Off to do that now.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2014, 01:40:33 pm »
+1

Is it just me or is automatch not working?  I click the "Submit" button in the automatch dialog window and nothing happens...

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 22, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »
+1

Is it just me or is automatch not working?  I click the "Submit" button in the automatch dialog window and nothing happens...

Yes, you're right.  Some of the code that only the beta supports seems to have snuck into the main release.  Fixing now.

Edit: Deployed fix as v2.4.7.2 (official release).  No change to beta, since it didn't get broken.  New version is available immediately for Firefox, Safari, and manual Chrome installations.  Google may take some minutes to publish the official Chrome Web Store version.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:55:24 pm by ragingduckd »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 22, 2014, 07:31:28 pm »

So I'm guessing that the half-dozen people who are using the beta haven't run into any problems?  If you have, please speak up now before I release it as the official version.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 22, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »
+1

I've installed the beta and it looks good, but I've only played one or two games since then.  The only weird thing I've noticed is that sometimes the isotropish rating is put on top of the next person's username on the list of players in the lobby.

EDIT: It happens whenever the isotropic level is more than 5 characters, eg -10.48
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:56:24 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 22, 2014, 07:59:49 pm »
+1

I've installed the beta and it looks good, but I've only played one or two games since then.  The only weird thing I've noticed is that sometimes the isotropish rating is put on top of the next person's username on the list of players in the lobby.

Aha.  It seems that this can happen if you're zoomed in in Chrome.  Are you at 120%+ by any chance?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72  All

Page created in 2.637 seconds with 20 queries.