Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Vanilla Resistance.  (Read 60778 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Resistance.
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2013, 01:13:22 pm »

reasoning behind wanting to choose people who will make the proposal more likely to be accepted:

let's have an extreme case; say I'm like 99% sure mail-mi is resistance (I'm not 99% sure of that), and also 100% sure I'm resistance. From that I should be like "oh, cool, if I put the two of us on the mission it is very likely going to succeed!" However, I shouldn't put mail-mi on the mission because the proposal will not be accepted and so it would be pointless. I would be better off proposing a mission that has a slightly lower chance of success, but might be accepted. Since a mission with me on it from my perspective is a better mission than most, I'm willing to put people I'm a bit unsure about on my mission if it makes the mission more likely to happen.

Let's look at proposing the arch-liopoil team: arch has said he will vote against this mission because he thinks I'm a spy. So this mission would need 3/4 of the people not on the mission to agree to it. This seems very unlikely to happen, especially since TA almost certainly won't. This combined with the fact that I do not have any more reason to think he is resistance than anyone else,  (and I don't think anyone else does either), is enough for me to cross that team off the list.

munch: why do you think TA is resistance?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2013, 01:18:10 pm »

If Munch is willing to put me on a mission, then I'll almost certainly reject all the way down the line to his nomination on any mission that doesn't have me.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2013, 01:35:55 pm »

/tag

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »

Lio, I don't think I'd accept anything that didn't have me on it...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2013, 01:45:47 pm »

I realize that, especially since it seems if it gets to munch then he will pick you. But, you know, it's possible to get a mission accepted without your vote. I also think that munch will likely reject anything that doesn't have himself or TA on it. arch will be rejecting whatever I propose. So if I choose jimmmmm I probably get rejected.

So, I think I'm choosing either TA or Munch. If I choose munch I need Jimmmmmm and mail-mi's vote. If I choose TA I just need one of those two.

mail-mi/jimmmm, what teams are you willing to accept?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2013, 01:49:49 pm »

Not with TA, maybe with TheMunch, probably with Jimmmmm
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »

Why Jimmm, mail-mi?

Also how do you feel about Arch?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2013, 02:06:34 pm »

Why Jimmm, mail-mi?

Also how do you feel about Arch?

Because he seems the least spy-y out of all of y'all. Also, probably wont with arch.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2013, 02:13:19 pm »

If Munch is willing to put me on a mission, then I'll almost certainly reject all the way down the line to his nomination on any mission that doesn't have me.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I dont know how wise it is to categorically reject 4 in a row, just to get to me cause you "know" I'll put you on the mission.  Just because up until this point you were a strong read for me, this doesn't make you infallible.  Nothing has happened yet.

@Liopoil: My conviction is not as strong as you seem to think it is.  I wont necessarily reject anything that is not lio/TA or lio/Munch.  This might be the most likely that I would accept at this point in time, but that doesn't mean I cant be convinced.  I will reject anything that has MM on it (but naturally you wont propose that again).  After TA's comment (quoted above) I appreciate the concern for getting a mission passed that will get passed, especially when TA is prepared to reject until it is my turn to propose.  On further thought, I think I would accept any mission at this point (since MM is off the table).

Follow up for TA:  What happens if every mission gets rejected and I propose a team that doesnt include you?  What then?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »

In that case, I will most likely choose Jimmmmmm. he is probably my biggest resistance-read. The votes of munch, mail-mi, lio, and jimmmmm are enough to get it accepted.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2013, 02:30:04 pm »

Follow up for TA:  What happens if every mission gets rejected and I propose a team that doesnt include you?  What then?

Well, then we're stuck with it, of course. I will obviously accept your proposal regardless if we get that far.

I might be willing to accept a team of Lio/Munch.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2013, 02:32:00 pm »

Actually,
I don't want Lio to go on this mission at all. He stated that if he was on the first mission with a non-spy, he would fail the mission.

He's also trying very, very, hard to get this proposal passed.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2013, 02:43:43 pm »

Actually,
I don't want Lio to go on this mission at all. He stated that if he was on the first mission with a non-spy, he would fail the mission.

He's also trying very, very, hard to get this proposal passed.

I am. No reason putting a proposal forth if it isn't going to get accepted. Also, I have a feeling if it doesn't pass then I am not going to be on the mission, and so there would be two people who I don't know the alignment of on the mission.

I have said that. However, if you think that failing it as a spy is a bad move, then why is this a reason for you to not want me to go? Or do you think I'm a spy but lying about that so when I make the mission succeed I can say "I must be resistance because I said if I was spy I would sabotage it"? Either way, having spy!liopoil on the mission is no worse than having spy!anyone else on the mission.

...And if I see that any proposal with me on it is going to get turned down I will propose a mission that doesn't have me on it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

mail-mi/jimmmm, what teams are you willing to accept?

I will accept a team with me on. Any other I'm willing to consider. Really at this point I'll probably accept any unless I have a good reason not to.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »

Specifically, want do you think about TA? munch?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »

what*

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2013, 07:29:13 pm »

I disagree with what TA is doing, but that doesn't necessarily make him a Spy. Not sure about Munch.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2013, 07:33:36 pm »

Did a little reading, and I'm the most confident in Jimmmmm. Munch, since you're online, what do you think of Jimmmmm/do you want him on the mission?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »

Propose mission of liopoil and Jimmmmm

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2013, 12:10:31 am »

Propose mission of liopoil and Jimmmmm

Proposed mission team is liopoil/Jimmmmm.  Please PM me with "accept" or "reject" in the next 12 hours.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2013, 12:11:50 am »

Sent in my vote. Not a fan of this mission really.

I find it harder to read people who vote yes on a mission because "why not". If you're resistance, more reasons to analyze are good. If you're a spy justifying a vote because "why not" makes it harder for people to read you're a spy.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2013, 12:41:51 pm »

Mission 1, Proposal #2 -- team proposed by liopoil: jimmmm, liopoil

Accept mission team: jimmmmm, liopoil, mail-mi, TheMunch
Reject mission team: archetype, Twistedarcher

The mission is accepted.  Now liopoil and Jimmmm need to PM me privately with their intent for this mission; do you want to pass the mission, or sabotage the mission?  Remember that the good, loyal resistance members MUST pass the mission (also it's the only non-stupid option for them).  Evil spies may either pass or sabotage the mission.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2013, 01:03:52 pm »

Munch, why did you accept this one?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2013, 05:21:48 pm »

sent in mine :D

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »

Sent in my pass.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.716 seconds with 21 queries.