Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167685 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act III)
« Reply #1725 on: June 19, 2013, 01:22:51 pm »

vote: EFHW I trust town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 19, 2013, 01:31:13 pm »

Just posting to confirm I'm not scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 19, 2013, 01:31:27 pm »

I won't hammer until EHFW gets here to plead her case.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 19, 2013, 04:05:00 pm »

Vote Count Act IV.IV:

EFHW (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (2): Eevee, EFHW

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 19, 2013, 04:25:21 pm »

Eevee end the madness! I've told you exactly what my role does! Its been proven by nkirbit, raerae, and you! And raerae, a Town player!, has told u its EFHW! End the madness!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 19, 2013, 04:28:32 pm »

That's so scummy!!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 19, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »

That's so scummy!!
What?!?!? I'm pleading my case, what else am I supposed to do?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 19, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »

Is there any proof of your potion doing nothing but killing?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 19, 2013, 04:44:32 pm »

It didnt kill nkirbit.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act IV)
« Reply #1734 on: June 19, 2013, 08:21:17 pm »

Needless to say, I was shocked to sign on this morning to find I was being accused by a flipped townie in all caps and huge font of being scum.  It’s taken me awhile, but I’ve put together my arguments about why I am not scum and why I think mail-mi is.  I hope you will consider my points really carefully as you make your decision. 

1.    Why raerae’s post is suspicious.

a.   The method of death is thematically inconsistent.  Hamlet’s father was killed by poison being poured in his ear, not stabbed.  That's not a detail Ash would get wrong.
b.   Why didn’t she spell out how she came to think I was her killer?
c.   Why didn’t she warn us D3 that this would be coming so that we would be more likely to believe her?
d.   What was the relevance of mentioning that mail-mi sent her a potion?  Did that contribute to her death?

2.   Why I’m not scum.

a.   Nothing in my play stands out as scummy.
b.   I was one of the leaders in the sudgy lynch.
c.   Sudgy let slip that his partner was male.
d.   I’d have come up with a fakeclaim that would exonerate me, instead of the kinda lame real claim I had to make instead.

3.   Why mail-mi is scum.  Some of the reasons above are theoretical.  These are all factual:

a.   He hasn’t done any scum-hunting.  He did fasten on you in response to your reading him as scum and peppered the thread with random attacks against you, but never making an actual case.
b.   He spontaneously defended sudgy on a number of occasions, when he didn’t give strong reads otherwise on other people.
c.   His role is quite negative utility if town, and we have only his word that there is a 1/3 chance of giving someone a boon. 
d.   There was a poison doctor – since when are there doctors to protect town from their own power roles?   There is no evidence that scum kills with poison.  In fact, raerae says she was stabbed.
e.   Like Proteus, his flavor name (fakename) is not unambiguously good – Friar Laurence came up with the crazy plan for Juliet to fake her death and failed to get the all important letter to Romeo on time.  He also ran when he could have stayed to protect Juliet and tell Romeo what happened.  All the town flavor characters have been sparkly clean heroes. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:22 pm »

It didnt kill nkirbit.

I don't think his power is a killing power.  I think it is a supplemental scum power.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 19, 2013, 08:24:21 pm »

Eevee end the madness! I've told you exactly what my role does! Its been proven by nkirbit, raerae, and you! And raerae, a Town player!, has told u its EFHW! End the madness!

"methinks he doth protest too much." (I couldn't resist  :P)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:50 pm »

d.   What was the relevance of mentioning that mail-mi sent her a potion?  Did that contribute to her death?
No, or she would have died during the night, not after a post.

2.   Why I’m not scum.

a.   Nothing in my play stands out as scummy.
So? Remember Jimmmmm from RMM7? He wasn't very scummy there either.

b.   I was one of the leaders in the sudgy lynch.

Oh, so there's no such thing as bussing now, huh?

c.   Sudgy let slip that his partner was male.
WIFOM.
d.   I’d have come up with a fakeclaim that would exonerate me, instead of the kinda lame real claim I had to make instead.
Again, WIFOM. There can be such things as scum backups (that would actually be really cool).

3.   Why mail-mi is scum.  Some of the reasons above are theoretical.  These are all factual:

a.   He hasn’t done any scum-hunting.  He did fasten on you in response to your reading him as scum and peppered the thread with random attacks against you, but never making an actual case.
Sorry that I'm a student and don't have much time for things like this? And then there was my hawaii trip.

b.   He spontaneously defended sudgy on a number of occasions, when he didn’t give strong reads otherwise on other people.
Also sorry that I got a read wrong. Like that never happens.

c.   His role is quite negative utility if town, and we have only his word that there is a 1/3 chance of giving someone a boon. 
1. It is possible for scum to get it.
2. Town didn't have to drink it.

d.   There was a poison doctor – since when are there doctors to protect town from their own power roles?   There is no evidence that scum kills with poison.  In fact, raerae says she was stabbed.
Since when is there doctors to protect from vigs? Since when is this freakin' RMM??
e.   Like Proteus, his flavor name (fakename) is not unambiguously good – Friar Laurence came up with the crazy plan for Juliet to fake her death and failed to get the all important letter to Romeo on time.  He also ran when he could have stayed to protect Juliet and tell Romeo what happened.  All the town flavor characters have been sparkly clean heroes.
Um... so?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 20, 2013, 12:31:06 am »

Vote Count Act IV.V:

EFHW (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (2): Eevee, EFHW

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 20, 2013, 02:46:06 am »

If after every tempest come such calms,
May the winds blow till they have waken'd death!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: June 20, 2013, 11:21:23 am »

mail-mi is so sarcastic. 

Yes there is WIFOM. 

I still maintain that it would be very strange to have a doctor to protect town from their own power role.  And if you were town, with such a dangerous power, why didn't you tell everyone not to drink the potion?  If it works like you said, the chances of hitting scum would have been smaller than hitting town, and there was also the slight chance of giving scum the great boon.  It really hurt town to have nkirbit out of commission that whole day.

The flavor names are relevant.  They reflect alignment.  Your character is flawed.  The other town characters are all idealized.  The scum character we know about is very flawed, since he betrayed Julia and tried to rape Silvia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:03 am »

EHFW is making a compelling case..

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 20, 2013, 12:36:53 pm »

I looked up Dogberry.  He is also from Much Ado About Nothing.

from Wikipedia:  In the play, Dogberry is the chief of the citizen-police in Messina.  .... Dogberry and his crew ... are ... given a thematic function, for it is they who (accidentally) uncover the plot of Don John and begin the process of restoration that leads to the play's happy conclusion. In that sense, Dogberry's comic ineptitude is made to serve the sense of a providential force overseeing the fortunate restoration of social and emotional order.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 20, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

mail-mi is so sarcastic. 

Yes there is WIFOM. 

I still maintain that it would be very strange to have a doctor to protect town from their own power role.  And if you were town, with such a dangerous power, why didn't you tell everyone not to drink the potion?  If it works like you said, the chances of hitting scum would have been smaller than hitting town, and there was also the slight chance of giving scum the great boon.  It really hurt town to have nkirbit out of commission that whole day.

The flavor names are relevant.  They reflect alignment.  Your character is flawed.  The other town characters are all idealized.  The scum character we know about is very flawed, since he betrayed Julia and tried to rape Silvia.
I did. The day I claimed I did.

Eevee, both raerae and I are not going to be happy if you vote me and lose this game for town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 20, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »

Eevee, both raerae and I are not going to be happy if you vote me and lose this game for town.
Really?  This is why he should believe you are town?  There will be happy and unhappy people no matter how this turns out.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 20, 2013, 01:50:34 pm »

Really?  This is why he should believe you are town?  There will be happy and unhappy people no matter how this turns out.
What I'm saying is that a CONFIRMED TOWN whose role name is Town Ghost said that you stabbed her.

P.S. my Dictionary.com app just said that the word of the day was hamlet. Lol.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 20, 2013, 02:35:00 pm »

Yes, I know, believe me.  But she doesn't say why she thinks that or what the source of her information is and there is nothing else to point to me being scum.

And since apparently scum do nightkills by stabbing, that means the poison doctor was there to protect town against you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 20, 2013, 02:37:03 pm »

Yes, I know, believe me.  But she doesn't say why she thinks that or what the source of her information is and there is nothing else to point to me being scum.

And since apparently scum do nightkills by stabbing, that means the poison doctor was there to protect town against you.
Yep, remember this is RMM??

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 20, 2013, 04:03:20 pm »

So, you are saying you have a borderline negative utility role, that you didn't choose to claim it early to warn people, and that there was actually someone in town that had a role of PROTECTING us from you? Hmm-hmm..

EHFW is definitely swaying me about maill-mi's scumminess, but not really seeming any less scummy herself. It's like DS9 all over again, they are both scum!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 20, 2013, 04:10:11 pm »

So, you are saying you have a borderline negative utility role, that you didn't choose to claim it early to warn people, and that there was actually someone in town that had a role of PROTECTING us from you? Hmm-hmm..
After D1 did I only know that. I (think) I claimed D2.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.654 seconds with 16 queries.