Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167677 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act III)
« Reply #1575 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:52 pm »

And, since apparently we can do this, this is the message sudgy sent me.  If you're town, is this what you waste your PM on?

"I'm whispering to you, as you're my top townread. I'll say I whispered to you, then you say so. Also, if you are Julia or Silvia, please start you're first post with a letter in the first half of the alphabet."

Eevee - So you were allowed to send a reply PM to sudgy?

raerae - were you?
Yes, and I quoted it word for word.

One of you is lying!  Eevee says that Sudgy's PR allowed him to make a reply.  Raerae says that Sudgy left instructions for how to communicate based on her first post of the day.  Why would raerae need to communicate this way if she could just reply directly to Sudgy?!?!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 15, 2013, 10:42:59 pm »

I'm inclined to think it's raerae.  Sudgy had asked for Eevee to clarify his reponse... this implies that there was, in fact, a response.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 15, 2013, 10:43:09 pm »

Bump

Soft deadline, anyone?  How about Tues night? 

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 15, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »

Tuesday night works for me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 15, 2013, 10:50:25 pm »

I'm inclined to think it's raerae.  Sudgy had asked for Eevee to clarify his reponse... this implies that there was, in fact, a response.
Are you implying raerae and sudgy are scum together?

Is there any other play than to lynch sudgy tonight? Like I know it kills me as well, but we can't possibly win while he lives, so those are dem beats.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 15, 2013, 10:53:08 pm »

I don't know what to think.  All of my scumreads are focused on the group of Sudgy, Eevee, and Raerae.  I don't know within those three.

I was damn sure it was Eevee-Raerae before today, but gosh, could Sudgy have been more shady?  He still hasn't denied sending another player a message in which he admitted he was scum!

I don't want to rush into anything here.  I could see myself deciding to lynch Sudgy, or Raerae, or Eevee.  I don't know at this point.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 15, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »

I guess I should say I was sure it was eevee-raerae early today after early interactions, before Sudgy showed up.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 15, 2013, 10:55:34 pm »

Are you implying raerae and sudgy are scum together?

Is there any other play than to lynch sudgy tonight? Like I know it kills me as well, but we can't possibly win while he lives, so those are dem beats.
I think a sudgy lynch is probably the best course.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 15, 2013, 10:59:14 pm »

I'm going to be busy a bunch tomorrow, so I'll put my vote down now.  But no rush!

vote: sudgy

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 15, 2013, 11:03:17 pm »

EFHW:  Do you agree with my comment that one of Raerae and Eevee must be lying?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 15, 2013, 11:35:38 pm »

EFHW:  Do you agree with my comment that one of Raerae and Eevee must be lying?
I do.

And yes EFHW (to the question you asked me last page), nkirbit's answer was right.

With sudgy being so shady, could do either Eevee or sudgy (even though killing one will probably kill the other) and maybe raerae.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 15, 2013, 11:57:32 pm »

Sorry I was being so shady in what I was saying, I was trying to figure out if Eevee was a survivor (it seemed he should say but he didn't).  I think he isn't now (but please feel fine to correct me).

First, I missed a part of my PM that said my lovers can whisper me back.  I completely missed that when I read it, and I'm sorry.

So: I PMed Eevee, but not with that message.  I said:

"Since we both basically know each other is town (and we're flavorfully linked, so why not), we should try to coordinate our efforts."

So, his fabrication is a lie.  Vote: Eevee.  I'm pretty sure he claimed my lover as a fakeclaim to not get lynched.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 16, 2013, 12:46:55 am »

If you're town, why does it matter if he's a survivor or not?  If he's a survivor, he's not the one you're trying to lynch, right?

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, as I've never played a game with a survivor before.  Couldn't, at this point, a survivor say "Hey mafia!  I'm a survivor!  I can join with you guys, it's 3v3, we win!" ? and just win the game there (assuming there is a 2 scum team, of course.  If there's multiple teams (I don't think there are) this wouldn't work).

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 16, 2013, 01:07:04 am »

Mail-Mi:  Please don't vote Sudgy yet.  I still think that an eevee-raerae team is a strong possibility, and if both you and EFHW are on Sudgy (which EFHW already is), they can quickhammer for the win.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 16, 2013, 01:12:39 am »

Well, now that I think about it, it doesn't matter.  He wasn't even responding how I would think he would respond if that was what I would actually send him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: June 16, 2013, 07:17:37 am »

vote: sudgy

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act II)
« Reply #1591 on: June 16, 2013, 07:41:30 am »

Vote Count III.I:

Eevee (2): mail-mi, sudgy
sudgy (2): EFHW, Eevee

Not Voting (2): nkirbit, raerae

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 16, 2013, 11:24:58 am »

Sorry I was being so shady in what I was saying, I was trying to figure out if Eevee was a survivor (it seemed he should say but he didn't).  I think he isn't now (but please feel fine to correct me).

First, I missed a part of my PM that said my lovers can whisper me back.  I completely missed that when I read it, and I'm sorry.

So: I PMed Eevee, but not with that message.  I said:

"Since we both basically know each other is town (and we're flavorfully linked, so why not), we should try to coordinate our efforts."

So, his fabrication is a lie.  Vote: Eevee.  I'm pretty sure he claimed my lover as a fakeclaim to not get lynched.
I don't know about this.  It's a he-said, he-said. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 16, 2013, 11:25:42 am »

Well, now that I think about it, it doesn't matter.  He wasn't even responding how I would think he would respond if that was what I would actually send him.
What doesn't matter?  How would you expect him to respond to the message he says you sent?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 16, 2013, 11:26:45 am »

What doesn't matter?  How would you expect him to respond to the message he says you sent?

If he's a survivor or not.  And, if he was the survivor, he would have responded a lot differently.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 16, 2013, 11:28:19 am »

If you're town, why does it matter if he's a survivor or not?  If he's a survivor, he's not the one you're trying to lynch, right?

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, as I've never played a game with a survivor before.  Couldn't, at this point, a survivor say "Hey mafia!  I'm a survivor!  I can join with you guys, it's 3v3, we win!" ? and just win the game there (assuming there is a 2 scum team, of course.  If there's multiple teams (I don't think there are) this wouldn't work).
I don't think it works that way.  Even if survivor says they're joining mafia, the mafia themselves need to be half of town.  I think, though I don't understand it, that the survivor does not count as part of town in that calculation, though.  Can anyone clarify that?  Of course, it might not even apply in this game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:11 am »

If he's a survivor or not.  And, if he was the survivor, he would have responded a lot differently.
So you're saying you didn't send the message, but now that he's put it out there, the way he has reacted to his own message tells you he isn't a survivor?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 16, 2013, 11:30:56 am »

So you're saying you didn't send the message, but now that he's put it out there, the way he has reacted to his own message tells you he isn't a survivor?

Yes.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: June 16, 2013, 11:31:19 am »

EFHW:  If you want to lynch Sudgy, please, please lynch Eevee instead.

But, regardless of whether I'm correct, I think Eevee is a strictly better lynch than Sudgy.  Either

• Eevee is lying, and we catch scum, or
  • Eevee is telling the truth that he's lovers with Sudgy, we mislynch Eevee but get Sudgy anyway, and are in the same exact spot as a Sudgy lynch.

Lynching Eevee is better than lynching Sudgy if Eevee is lying, and the same as lynching Sudgy if Eevee is telling us the truth.  Even if you think Eevee is telling the truth, you should be okay with lynching Eevee, because it's strictly better than lynching Sudgy!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 16, 2013, 11:43:42 am »

EFHW:  If you want to lynch Sudgy, please, please lynch Eevee instead.

But, regardless of whether I'm correct, I think Eevee is a strictly better lynch than Sudgy.  Either

• Eevee is lying, and we catch scum, or
  • Eevee is telling the truth that he's lovers with Sudgy, we mislynch Eevee but get Sudgy anyway, and are in the same exact spot as a Sudgy lynch.

Lynching Eevee is better than lynching Sudgy if Eevee is lying, and the same as lynching Sudgy if Eevee is telling us the truth.  Even if you think Eevee is telling the truth, you should be okay with lynching Eevee, because it's strictly better than lynching Sudgy!
Lynching Eevee is NOT the same as lynching sudgy.  As I said in an earlier post, there is a lot of uncertainty about whether killing Eevee would kill sudgy.  1.  Eevee could be lying.  2.  Eevee could be the one who isn't really sudgy's lover.  3.  There could be some twist we don't understand.  Or, if you think it would work and you want to kill Eevee, why don't you switch to sudgy?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 17 queries.