Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167619 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act III)
« Reply #1525 on: June 15, 2013, 03:12:49 pm »

EFHW, what do you think about kermit's idea that Eevee and I are partners?

I think it is based on a number of assumptions, any one of which could be mistaken.  Also, one of you is dogged about lynching sudgy, the other fought hard to save him.

I'm surprised at how little heat Eevee is getting for leading the TA lynch, though.  nkirbit was the first to say the equivalent of "don't worry about it."  Eevee hasn't answered my question about how TA's flip changes his logic.

Of course my case is based on assumptions.  If cases weren't based on assumption, then they wouldn't be cases!  We're working with incomplete knowledge, so we have to assume stuff.

Do you think my assumptions are good?  To make this more clear, I'm going to put out the assumptions that I believe I'm making.

• Eevee is lying about receiving that message from Sudgy.  This is based on the fact that I simply refuse to believe a mafia member would ever risk telling a non-mafia member that they are mafia
  • Raerae is the most logical partner for Eevee.  This is based on Eevee not changing his vote from TA to raerae despite having a stronger scumread on raerae, and raerae refusing to vote for Eevee over Sudgy.

Keep in mind, just because raerae didn't support a TA lynch doesn't make her auto-town.  She had been hammering on the Sudgy lynch all day.  She couldn't move onto TA without raising major suspicion.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 15, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

EFHW:  As soon as I drank the potion, Ash replied with a message saying 'you're going to be asleep for one day, then wake up'.  I always knew I was going to be alive D3.  This is probably the only way to handle it, honestly, as you don't want a player to think they're dead, stop checking in on the game, then not be around when they wake up.

Were you awake N2?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 15, 2013, 03:14:05 pm »

EFHW:  As soon as I drank the potion, Ash replied with a message saying 'you're going to be asleep for one day, then wake up'.  I always knew I was going to be alive D3.  This is probably the only way to handle it, honestly, as you don't want a player to think they're dead, stop checking in on the game, then not be around when they wake up.

Were you awake N2?

Yes, I was.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 15, 2013, 03:19:55 pm »

Do you think my assumptions are good?  To make this more clear, I'm going to put out the assumptions that I believe I'm making.

• Eevee is lying about receiving that message from Sudgy.  This is based on the fact that I simply refuse to believe a mafia member would ever risk telling a non-mafia member that they are mafia
  • Raerae is the most logical partner for Eevee.  This is based on Eevee not changing his vote from TA to raerae despite having a stronger scumread on raerae, and raerae refusing to vote for Eevee over Sudgy.

Keep in mind, just because raerae didn't support a TA lynch doesn't make her auto-town.  She had been hammering on the Sudgy lynch all day.  She couldn't move onto TA without raising major suspicion.

Your assumptions about raerae are more questionable.  If she is sure about sudgy and unsure about Eevee, and has doubt about his lover claim, then the best way to kill sudgy is to kill sudgy, not try to kill him through killing someone else.  This is especially true because Eevee could be telling the truth about being Julia or Silvia, but be unwittingly wrong about being the real lover. 

I don't think raerae is auto-town for not voting TA. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 15, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »

I need to look again at what Eevee said about TA vs raerae.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 15, 2013, 03:23:51 pm »

So, raerae, I checked and your first post D2 started with a "C".  Was this intended as a communication?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 15, 2013, 03:25:02 pm »

I thought scum would have quickhammered TA if he was town already, so that's why I kept pushing the TA lynch. Maybe I got impatient too.

After TA had already claimed, you posted this:
That's a believable claim, but I don't see any other possible scum team. I wish people would stop claiming and just lynch TA (raerae I'm like sure of, TA I want to believe but can't see no way for him to be town)

So at that point, you still "sure of" raerae and merely "wanted to believe" TA.  It was clear there were no quickhammers coming to either yourself or TA at that point.  Sudgy was never going to quickhammer his lover, raerae was around as resistance to change, EFHW was around and considering hammering TA, but not without talking it through first, and mail-mi was around and not hammering yourself.  There was plenty of time to move to raerae if that's what you wanted.. I'm questioning if you really did want that.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 15, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »

Nkirbit, your forcing me to fit as Eevee's partner without making a case on me. 

EFHW, it was a mistake as I just wasn't reading closely enough and thought I wasn't supposed to start with the first half of the alphabet if I was his partner. 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 15, 2013, 03:32:16 pm »

I hand out the drinks. It's a town role, don't worry.

And after yesterday (argh I was so so wrong!) and nkirbit's case, one of sudgy or Eevee is scum. I don't see any other way.

vote: Eevee.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 15, 2013, 03:34:01 pm »

And after yesterday (argh I was so so wrong!) and nkirbit's case, one of sudgy or Eevee is scum. I don't see any other way.

So we have town-aligned drinks AND a poison doctor?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 15, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???  Why should we trust you?  Why?  Why?  You can't just say "trust me" and have it be so!  Explain why you picked the people you wanted to be poisoned/potioned/drugged.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 15, 2013, 03:36:42 pm »

And what is the benefit to town of having one less player for a day?  They could have daytime roles.  Their being asleep makes parity harder.  We don't get their input.  Is this a kind of sleeping-vigilante thing, where you target people you think are scum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 15, 2013, 03:43:02 pm »

So we have town-aligned drinks AND a poison doctor?

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???  Why should we trust you?  Why?  Why?  You can't just say "trust me" and have it be so!  Explain why you picked the people you wanted to be poisoned/potioned/drugged.

I am going to claim to stop the confusion.

I am Laurence, town Friar.

I got my remedies all mixed up with the Apothecary and I don't know what my potions will do. I choose someone to give it to, they can choose to drink it or not. It will either kill them, seem to kill them (as it did to nkirbit), or give them "a great benefit" (i don't know what it is).

N1 was nkirbit because he was a middling read that could have been town or scum. N2 Eevee because I hoped it would kill him and sudgy and if it made him seem to die it would just kill sudgy.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 15, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »

Why would sudgy be affected by a fake death?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 15, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

Why would sudgy be affected by a fake death?
I assumed because it would look like his lover died, so he'd suicide.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 15, 2013, 04:08:26 pm »

You're right, raerae.  I have two cases:  eevee being scum, and you being his partner. The second obviously depends on the first, but I can be correct I. The first without being wrong in the second.

I believe mail mi's claim. Which makes me even more sure of eevee, as mail-mi wa his only viable partner from my point of view

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 15, 2013, 04:24:05 pm »

I mean that mail-mi was sudgys only viable partner

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:30 pm »

Um, Eevee, could you explain that reply to my PM?  I'll say a bit more once I've heard Eevee say what he will.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 15, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »

Um, Eevee, could you explain that reply to my PM?  I'll say a bit more once I've heard Eevee say what he will.

What do you want him to explain?  He claimed he got that PM... what more is there to say about it?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 15, 2013, 08:38:56 pm »

That just seems like a very odd question, Sudgy.. I'm not sure what you're asking of him.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: June 15, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »

Ok, so if mail-mi is telling the truth, the poison doctor would have been intended to counteract the two negative effects of mail-mi's potions and it is also possible that scum kill with poison.  Those potions seem more anti-town than pro-town to me, with two negative effects and an unknown positive effect.  It's like a vig with 2/3 chance of success.

Laurence being a friar would suggest to me that mail-mi does not have a lover.  He is the friar in Romeo and Juliet.  He marries them and gives them the sleeping medicine that makes Juliet seem dead.  It's his letter that never makes it to Romeo telling him she is actually still alive.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 15, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »

So you are admitting to sending the pm, sudgy?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 15, 2013, 08:46:38 pm »

Eevee has come under a great deal of suspicion because of the PM, so hopefully you can lend some clarity to the situation.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 15, 2013, 08:51:48 pm »

I thought scum would have quickhammered TA if he was town already, so that's why I kept pushing the TA lynch. Maybe I got impatient too.

Eevee decided TA was scum because no one was quickhammering.  But there is another explanation for that, which is that both scum were already on the wagon.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 15, 2013, 09:07:07 pm »

Eevee decided TA was scum because no one was quickhammering.  But there is another explanation for that, which is that both scum were already on the wagon.

Yeah.  Or scum were off, and couldn't quickhammer because they knew we weren't in MYLO.  There's any number of possibilities, really.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.