Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167674 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act III)
« Reply #1450 on: June 15, 2013, 12:16:17 am »

What do you think about Sudgy being alive?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:36 am »

I still think either he or Eevee are scum (assuming they are telling the truth about being lovers and Eevee is telling the truth about being sudgy's lover).  Really super interested to hear why EFHW was so hammer happy though.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 15, 2013, 12:24:23 am »

Yes, I would like to hear her say why she hammered at the point that she did.  She didn't at the time, and a recap would be helpful to make sure we all understand exactly why what happened yesterday happened.

Eevee:  You had said that had TA flipped town, you would take the blame.  I don't think this is your fault.  Lynching your lover, which you were being asked to do, would have been impossible.  It would be unreasonable for you to do so.

That being said, you said yesterday that your top scum-read was raerae, not TA.  Why weren't you making more of an effort to move the vote over there, then?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 15, 2013, 12:27:04 am »

That's a believable claim, but I don't see any other possible scum team. I wish people would stop claiming and just lynch TA (raerae I'm like sure of, TA I want to believe but can't see no way for him to be town)

This is what I'm talking about, specifically.  Why are you so eager to have someone who's not your top scumread lynching, and why weren't you fighting harder to move the vote to raerae?  Surely Sudgy would have followed, it's not out of the question that mail-mi would have followed, and from my point of view, EFHW's decision to hammer would have been very similar to the decision she had to make about hammering TA.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 15, 2013, 12:31:20 am »

I assume you're still against claiming, raerae?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: June 15, 2013, 01:05:43 am »

I assume you're still against claiming, raerae?

For now.  As you pointed out, we're almost in the same position we were yesterday.  What do you think?  When you say "claim" what exactly do you mean?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 15, 2013, 02:13:51 am »

Presuming that the mafia actually do have a nightkill, and they can get it to go through tonight, we're in MYLO.  So any information to help us direct a lynch is good.

We could claim something like "I could have prevented a night kill N1 and N2", "I didn't prevent it either night", etc.  See who was roleblocked, who was jailed, who was doctored, and hopefully come up with some information from it.  The two problems are:

1:  This information won't be reliable.  Even if we could be 100% certain claims are true, we can't be certain that it led us to a lynch, and we can't even be certain of the claims being true.
2:  This information can help direct mafia's kills at night.  This IS an issue, as mafia seem to be having issues properly directing kills (or have declined to attempt to, or have no nightkill.)  If we can guarantee that claiming would lead to a mafia lynch, it's worth it.. but is it worth it given that a claim doesn't guarantee that?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 15, 2013, 02:16:43 am »

Maybe the mafia has been declining night kills because we're simply way off base on who mafia are, believe they can get a mislynch today, and then kill tonight.  Assuming mafia can kill tonight, killing last night wouldn't have changed the fact that a mislynch today gets them a win, and provides us with less information.  So that's a strong possibility.

Perhaps they targeted TA night one, when he commuted, and declined to kill last night.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 15, 2013, 05:23:17 am »

nkirbit, were you offered to drink something and accepted? I'm asking because I were last night, and I denied.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 15, 2013, 05:29:18 am »

I thought scum would have quickhammered TA if he was town already, so that's why I kept pushing the TA lynch. Maybe I got impatient too.

I got a really interesting whisper from sudgy last night: "With the TA lynch, me and my partner have almost no hope. The only thing that can help us is if there is a survivor or something that we can bring to our side. You seemed the most like a survivor, so that's why I'm whispering you. If you don't help us, we WILL night kill you (he has a strongman)."

I guess he was lying though as no one died, but I don't know what to think here. How could the ta lynch have hurt sudgy? He was voting for him! Does this mean two scum teams, likely yes? Does this mean we can't trust flips? Is someone impersonating sudgy to throw me off?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49:36 am »

So what do you think about sudgy being alive again today?
Since no one died, it's hard to make anything concrete out of it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 15, 2013, 09:57:48 am »

I still think either he or Eevee are scum (assuming they are telling the truth about being lovers and Eevee is telling the truth about being sudgy's lover).  Really super interested to hear why EFHW was so hammer happy though.
I wasn't hammer-happy.  I believed Eevee believed what he was saying, TA had been scummy re: case making, and then he did some scummy things right at the end - suggesting we wait and wanting everyone to claim protecting/not protecting sudgy.  There was no other viable lynch - my case on mail-mi went nowhere, and I didn't think you or Eevee were scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:48 am »

Yes, I would like to hear her say why she hammered at the point that she did. 
I had stated intent, and then waited for TA to say what he wanted to.  When he said he was done, and there was no movement in sentiment, I hammered.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:35 am »

I thought scum would have quickhammered TA if he was town already, so that's why I kept pushing the TA lynch. Maybe I got impatient too.

I got a really interesting whisper from sudgy last night: "With the TA lynch, me and my partner have almost no hope. The only thing that can help us is if there is a survivor or something that we can bring to our side. You seemed the most like a survivor, so that's why I'm whispering you. If you don't help us, we WILL night kill you (he has a strongman)."

I guess he was lying though as no one died, but I don't know what to think here. How could the ta lynch have hurt sudgy? He was voting for him! Does this mean two scum teams, likely yes? Does this mean we can't trust flips? Is someone impersonating sudgy to throw me off?
Maybe he thought because TA flipped town he would be under increased suspicion.  But you're right, why vote for someone if the result would be bad for your team.  If he was scum, he would have known TA would flip town. 

Two scum teams and no NK's at all seems unlikely. 

Can you say anything more about the drink you were offered? 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 15, 2013, 10:30:06 am »

Eevee, how do you explain TA flipping town?  Does this change your reasoning any?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 15, 2013, 10:42:58 am »

It was a brown, unlabeled bottle. I would have only learned what was in it had drank it.

Well, it was obvious eniough I was tanking town here after TA's flip, but sudgy's whisper just sealed it. I made a judgement call, TA had to suffer from me being horribly wrong and now town will lose.

Well, I hadn't realized nkirbit would come back, so scum had less of a reason to quickhammer.

Could it be that scum has no night kills (just the poison) to balance out all the lovers town has and the fact there are two scum teams? I don't know how else to interpret sudgy's whisper.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 15, 2013, 12:10:04 pm »

It was a brown, unlabeled bottle. I would have only learned what was in it had drank it.

Well, it was obvious enough I was tanking town here after TA's flip, but sudgy's whisper just sealed it.

So you believe sudgy is scum now?

Could it be that scum has no night kills (just the poison) to balance out all the lovers town has and the fact there are two scum teams? I don't know how else to interpret sudgy's whisper.
  Why do say it is a fact that there are 2 scum teams?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 15, 2013, 12:10:53 pm »

raerae did you get an offer of a drink when sudgy whispered to you?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:25 pm »

Don't know if this is WIFOM or not, but this is noteworthy as 2 out of the 4 other players are female.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 15, 2013, 12:22:04 pm »

Yes, Eevee, that is what happened to me, and I chose to drink.

EFHW, your reasons are fair enough, but it's always a good thing to ask someone about this.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 15, 2013, 12:26:56 pm »

I don't know what to make of Eevee's claim.  From my perspective, it's only true if the scum team is exactly Sudgy and Mail-mi.  Granted, that's the likeliest team I think, but I just find it extremely hard to believe that Sudgy would whisper that.

Did anyone else receive a message from Sudgy last night?  Sudgy, who did you send your message to?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 15, 2013, 12:28:54 pm »

Well, it was obvious eniough I was tanking town here after TA's flip, but sudgy's whisper just sealed it. I made a judgement call, TA had to suffer from me being horribly wrong and now town will lose.

Well, I hadn't realized nkirbit would come back, so scum had less of a reason to quickhammer.

What?  You interpret "my partner has strongman" as scum having no Night Kill?  That seems like an extremely odd interpretation to me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 15, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

EFHW, your reasons are fair enough, but it's always a good thing to ask someone about this.
Mad-Eye Moody would give you a thousand detentions for drinking that!

Of course, I expected questions.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 15, 2013, 12:32:45 pm »

Why I drank it:

Okay!

My first thought was whether it was from a scum or town. Thinking about it, it didn't make sense for it to be from a single scum team, as if I was targeted by them, I would just be dead, probably. So either:

1) There are multiple scum teams, and they both have weak kills. Possible, but not likely.
2) This potion was from a town member. Seems the likeliest possibility.

So, given that I'm thinking it's from a town member, I absolutely want to drink it. Maybe drinking the potion will give me some sort of information, maybe I'll die, but I went ahead and risked it. I felt fairly confident that I wouldn't die, though.  I was looking for some sort of information or role to help town out, and thought the potion might give me that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 15, 2013, 12:33:48 pm »

So since you chose to drink, were you told anything about what it was, or was falling unconscious supposed to be your clue?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.