Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167633 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »

...to determine whether it's scummy or not, that is.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2013, 06:08:25 pm »

Lio,xeiron, efhw, were your votes made because of pressure by myself and nkirbit or because you thought we were most likely to turn up scum?
I thought you were quite likely to flip scum. Since then I've changed my mind.

When and why did you change your mind?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

The one you just quoted. The way I see it, here are the possible reactions to the nkirbit-twistedarcher argument, from towniest to scummiest.

"seems like town on town"

"nkirbit is right, vote: ta"

"ta is right, vote: nkirbit"

And the more time someone takes before commiting to any of these three, the scummier he is (I could see scum waiting to see which side will "win" before choosing their opinion).

The only person who waited was efhw. Everyone else voted immediately.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12:04 pm »

unvote no one is going to lynch nkirbit, so ill table it for today and move on.

Nkirbot you said you are unsure on raerae but what's your guy feeling on her? Do you find it as odd as I do that she didn't want to get involved or look at anyone who voted based on our cases?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2013, 06:15:37 pm »

Then all too late I bring this fatal writ,
The complot of this timeless tragedy;
And wonder greatly that man's face can fold
In pleasing smiles such murderous tyranny.

Vote Count Act I.XVI:

liopoil (1): nkirbit
nkirbit (1): sudgy
Twistedarcher (1): xeiron
sudgy (1): raerae
xeiron (1): Eevee

Not Voting (4): mail-mi, liopoil, EFHW, Twistedarcher

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Over 7 days have passed.

Act I ends on June 11 at 8:30 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 05, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »

We're coming down to deadline, so time to solidify my reads.  BTW, I will be around until 5 and then after 8, probably not in between.

TA: I voted for him because of this:

Again, you are finding me scummy for not meeting criteria that you yourself do not meet.  Do you see why I think you're being unfair?
Yes I can, but context matters, also. I'm not talking about number of votes, I'm talking about reads unsupported by votes.

I think the fact that you're attempting to discredit my case rather than defend yourself speaks volumes, as well.

The bolded part struck me as scummy - it is illogical to fault nkirbit for attacking his case and "speaks volumes" is the kind of dramatization scum use to try to increase the apparent significance of what they are seeing.  TA later said he meant "discredit me", but that is also illogical to attack him for, and is not what nkirbit seemed to be doing.  This kind of scummy argument will always get my vote.  I also think it is unhelpful for town to have these protracted arguments that go around in circles.

How is attacking nkirbit for discrediting myself rather than the case ever scummy?

If I call nkirbit out for a lack of proactiveness, but instead of disputing this he says at one point "but you weren't proactive either!" This is not a good reason to dispute the case -- it's still a valid case, he's just trying to make me seem scummy so everyone will disregard the case as coming from a scummy place, and therefore worthless. (Btw he did this so well)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2013, 06:44:01 pm »

Alright, the soft deadline is coming up, TA was talking about how nkirbit isn't happening, Vote: xeiron.  Hurry up people, an hour and 20 minutes left.

(Also, I can't guarantee me being on here at the exact moment of the soft deadline, I'll try to come on as much as I can)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 05, 2013, 06:46:56 pm »

Not to make this town on town on town but TA, I think it is fair of nkirbit to say "well, if you think that is so scummy, why does it only apply to me?". Like it makes your case a lot less convincing if you are blaming him of something pretty much everyone does?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2013, 06:50:14 pm »

Seems like a twisted lynch wont happend either.
vote: Sudgy

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »

Ummm...  Why are you voting me?  The last thing you've been saying is agreeing with some of MY posts (and others, but this is what I'm stressing), and voting TA.  You never say anything about me.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

I'm back.  Going to catch up with what I missed.  I'll be here through the deadline.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2013, 07:42:26 pm »

Not to make this town on town on town but TA, I think it is fair of nkirbit to say "well, if you think that is so scummy, why does it only apply to me?". Like it makes your case a lot less convincing if you are blaming him of something pretty much everyone does?

I think it applies much more to Nkirbit than to anyone else, and I've stated why. But we can focus on this D2 if we're both still around

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »

Ummm...  Why are you voting me?  The last thing you've been saying is agreeing with some of MY posts (and others, but this is what I'm stressing), and voting TA.  You never say anything about me.
Thats the thing about lurking. I never said much about anyone...

First, agreing to some of your posts does not make me sure you are town. Scum make good post as well.

The reason I am voting for you is mostly setup speculation. I find it highly likely that at least one of you, TwistedArcher and eevee are scum. I have a town-read on eevee, so I will not vote for him. I would still lynch Twisted if anyone would support me. If not, it has to be you.
I will not elaborate on this topic before a massclaim.

Several people have mentioned scumreads on you, which means there might be more potential for a lyncy that there is on twisted.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »

So, I think the candidates in my eyes are Sudgy, Lio, and Xeiron.

Xeiron: Been lurker-ish. Sheeped Nkirbit's case on me for what I felt were the wrong reasons, as he didn't even understand my case, I felt. Nothing else that I remember off the top of my head..

Sudgy: Sheeped my case on Nkirbit. Moved his votes around recently to and from the lurkers, claiming it was for "pressure", which really didn't make sense.

Liopoil: Didn't answer questions earlier. Voted me for my case, but his reasons matched Sudgy's case, not mine. Had a bandwagon on him that might have been scum-driven, but I don't think so.

Ugh, I'd rather not lynch Sudgy, as I felt his case was actually less sheepier than Xeiron's -- but as some people have said, town Sudgy DOES sheep without reasons.

I have a hard time picking out which of the three I want to lynch. Lio the most probably, since the oddest thing in my eyes was him voting me for the wrong reasons, getting called out on it immediately, but not changing his vote immediately -- but he's not THAT much scummier than Xeiron in my eyes.

Vote: Liopoil

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:33 pm »

Thats the thing about lurking. I never said much about anyone...

First, agreing to some of your posts does not make me sure you are town. Scum make good post as well.

The reason I am voting for you is mostly setup speculation. I find it highly likely that at least one of you, TwistedArcher and eevee are scum. I have a town-read on eevee, so I will not vote for him. I would still lynch Twisted if anyone would support me. If not, it has to be you.

Several people have mentioned scumreads on you, which means there might be more potential for a lyncy that there is on twisted.

What? I know you said don't elaborate but I don't get this. Are you claiming to have some knowledge of why Sudgy might be scum? (just answer yes/no)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:39 pm »

Not elaborating is ofc fine, but man, Xeiron, that was HUGE. Can you at least say how sure you are?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 05, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »

The one you just quoted. The way I see it, here are the possible reactions to the nkirbit-twistedarcher argument, from towniest to scummiest.

"seems like town on town"

"nkirbit is right, vote: ta"

"ta is right, vote: nkirbit"

And the more time someone takes before commiting to any of these three, the scummier he is (I could see scum waiting to see which side will "win" before choosing their opinion).

The only person who waited was efhw. Everyone else voted immediately.

And raerae, who declined to comment and talked about other options until she was specifically asked.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 05, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »

Vote Count Act I.XVII:

liopoil (2): nkirbit, Twistedarcher
sudgy (2): raerae, xeiron
xeiron (2): Eevee, sudgy

Not Voting (3): mail-mi, liopoil, EFHW

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Act I ends on June 11 at 8:30 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 05, 2013, 07:52:16 pm »

Not elaborating is ofc fine, but man, Xeiron, that was HUGE. Can you at least say how sure you are?

Okay, like, I don't get this. I went through and couldn't find a single thing in thread that would link myself and Eevee, and Sudgy. Which means this is PM based. And I don't possibly get this. If you don't want to elaborate because it would hurt town, fine, but I'm not going to put any credit into this.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 05, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »

The other thing, Xeiron:  If you're sure that one of Eevee, TA, and Sudgy are scum, and your top scumread is TA, I don't think you should be looking to lynch Sudgy or Eevee.

If they knew your information to be true, that would be a good reason for Eevee or TA to support a Sudgy lynch.  But keep in mind:  By revealing this information, you're going to allow your top scumread to wagon onto a lesser scumread.  That seems dangerous.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 05, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

Xeiron, is it pm-based or not?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 05, 2013, 07:54:47 pm »

Basically, I'm not going to believe you at all until you elaborate.  I have no reason to.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 05, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »

Not very sure yet, a night or two would help,
But so sure that i put this over whatever D1 cases that have been made.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 05, 2013, 07:56:41 pm »

This makes it seem like it's a suspicion, but not that it's confirmed. He doesn't KNOW it -- he finds it highly likely.

Ugh I don't want to get into rolefishing, and Xeiron do what you think is best for town. But...I'm not buying it right now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:40 pm »

Not very sure yet, a night or two would help,
But so sure that i put this over whatever D1 cases that have been made.

Well...give me a night or two, and I'm sure I could pick out a group of 3 where at least 1 person is scum, too :P So I don't know how useful this is.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 16 queries.