Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167641 times)

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:43 am »

I didn't consider sudgy's vote because it was typical sheepy sudgy, really had no bearing, and wasn't going to get a following.  Lio and Xeiron's votes came after 12+ posts from the two of you.  And they weren't short posts.  Your EFHW quote proves my point.

My impression from the votes wasn't thy they were either or because we were arguing so much, but that efhw and xeiron and lio felt they had good reasons for voting.

Lio,xeiron, efhw, were your votes made because of pressure by myself and nkirbit or because you thought we were most likely to turn up scum?

I voted for twisted because I think he has the highest chance of flipping scum.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07:58 am »

I didn't consider sudgy's vote because it was typical sheepy sudgy, really had no bearing, and wasn't going to get a following.  Lio and Xeiron's votes came after 12+ posts from the two of you.  And they weren't short posts.  Your EFHW quote proves my point.

But efhw got an immediate read, even though it wasn't a vote, it's still something to analyze from the arguments.

Sudgy did sheep but with his own reasons which I think is worth noting.

I don't get what you are saying overall -- that none of the votes really matter and they're useless to analyze? I don't know why they should get a free pass from analysis -- a vote is a vote, and it's telling that most of them ended up on me, rather than on nkirbit.  (Should be for you too, if you think the arguments are equally bad)

TA - The votes were on you because you were the instigator and your case didn't warrant the energy behind the attacks.  Remember pirates?  You got mislynched there for similar reasons, I think.  I don't know if it means you're scum.  I'm keeping my options open.  But an exaggerated weak case -- in my opinion, of course -- will get my vote. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2013, 11:18:13 am »

Right. But my case there wasn't exaggerated, it was entirely accurate. I was so sure that mail-mi was scum then, just as I'm sure that nkirbit is scum here.

I am struggling with understanding how to bring people around to my point of view, but I guess everyone plays this game and scumhunts differently than I do -- a players intentions stick out to me though, and I'm willing to make cases and push them when I've found something.

I get that the things I find scummy may weigh less in other people's minds, but it's one of the first things that will always stick out to me. If nkirbit turns up scum eventually I hope everyone will start to actually listen to my reads, or at least understand that they're coming from a true desire to find scum.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2013, 11:21:01 am »

If I got mislynched in pirates for doing this same thing, why are you votin for me for doing the exact same thing?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2013, 11:41:02 am »

Right. But my case there wasn't exaggerated, it was entirely accurate. I was so sure that mail-mi was scum then, just as I'm sure that nkirbit is scum here.

I am struggling with understanding how to bring people around to my point of view, but I guess everyone plays this game and scumhunts differently than I do -- a players intentions stick out to me though, and I'm willing to make cases and push them when I've found something.

I get that the things I find scummy may weigh less in other people's minds, but it's one of the first things that will always stick out to me. If nkirbit turns up scum eventually I hope everyone will start to actually listen to my reads, or at least understand that they're coming from a true desire to find scum.

Man, you're really going to have to take yourself down a notch after this game.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2013, 11:43:18 am »

Man, you're really going to have to take yourself down a notch after this game.

Nah, I'm never going to see someone who I think is scummy, and not call them out on it because I'm afraid of getting lynched.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2013, 11:50:35 am »

But if you're town, you're making it very very difficult for us to lynch correctly today

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2013, 12:12:22 pm »

You called me out initially on post #283.  It's now post #431.  Everyone knows what your case is.  Why haven't you moved on?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2013, 12:12:50 pm »

Well, I guess you would say that some people don't actually know what your case is, but everyone's seen it at least.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 05, 2013, 12:37:23 pm »

First, I'm terribly sorry for disappearing like this. I know it's extremely inconsiderate to both the mods and also you, fellow players. Here now though, trying to make amends!

Just read the past five pages, the biggest contribution I want to hammer home is that TwistedArcher-nkirbit looks like a VERY clear town on town for me. In fact, given we only had three people being around to contribute, I think the stuff they managed to create is just superb.

Off the three, I think nkirbit comes off the towniest. Everything he says to TA makes perfect sense to me. Ta's point about starting to push for nkirbit being bad for scum-TA resonates with me, and he seems to me very similar to himself as town in pirates, so I think he is town as well. Liopoil also is a towread, partially because everyone was so against him at one point* and partially because he legitimely seems interested in figuring stuff out.

* This is towny not only because scum doesn't push for their partners. It's also that people play more refined when they draw scum, they don't get suspected day 1 because they make sure to not do anything to attract suspicion.

So, after I eliminate my top three town reads from the lynch pool, I'm left with:

raerae: Isn't doing anything but asking questions, questions I don't even find that useful. I have nothing else to say, which I guess is neutral.
EHFW: Is posting enough to not attract suspicion for lurking. I find anyone supporting the "one of TA or nkirbit is scum" notion scummy, and EHFW seemed to join that idea in a way that could be scum silently nodding along with an impending mislynch in sight.
Xeiron: I guess has been vla a lot? Not very memorable for me, which is scummy.
mail-mi: Same as above.
Sudgy: Probably my top lynch candidate, but I want to reread Xeiron and mail-mi as well. Actually, I'll reread all my scum suspects and come back with another post.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 05, 2013, 01:01:16 pm »

mail-mi: Has minimal contributions, no wonder I didn't remember anything from him. The lack of posts is so egregious I don't even find it that scummy anymore, and the few opinions he has expressed (town read on nkirbit and slight scum read on xeiron) I agree with, so probably not my preferred lynch. Dude, give us more though!

xeiron: Yeah, had been away a lot, seems to be back now which is excellent. Him I really find scummy though, first for the lack of contributions (he literally had zero before his recent siding with TwistedArcher), and then for choosing the scummy stance when finally appearing. Really, I agree that nkirbit is "on the right", but I disagree with drawing the conclusion that that would mean TA is scum. I think scum is afraid of the truth getting out, because eliminating TA and nkirbit from todays lynch targets will make it MUCH more likely we hit either of them (assuming there are two).

sudgy: Okay, going into this reread I plan on voting for xeiron unless sudgy is even scummier, and he just might be. First of all, he is maintaining a highish post count, a lot of it with pretty meaningless posts. He is also quick to extend little suspicions for things I don't really find mafia-y (voting people over small mistakes, etc). I think he tries to appear like he is scumhunting, but his heart really isn't in finding scum, but in preserving his team and not being suspected.

Dunno if scum sudgy would be this clumsy about it though, so I'll Vote: xeiron.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

mail-mi: Has minimal contributions, no wonder I didn't remember anything from him. The lack of posts is so egregious I don't even find it that scummy anymore, and the few opinions he has expressed (town read on nkirbit and slight scum read on xeiron) I agree with, so probably not my preferred lynch. Dude, give us more though!

xeiron: Yeah, had been away a lot, seems to be back now which is excellent. Him I really find scummy though, first for the lack of contributions (he literally had zero before his recent siding with TwistedArcher), and then for choosing the scummy stance when finally appearing. Really, I agree that nkirbit is "on the right", but I disagree with drawing the conclusion that that would mean TA is scum. I think scum is afraid of the truth getting out, because eliminating TA and nkirbit from todays lynch targets will make it MUCH more likely we hit either of them (assuming there are two).

sudgy: Okay, going into this reread I plan on voting for xeiron unless sudgy is even scummier, and he just might be. First of all, he is maintaining a highish post count, a lot of it with pretty meaningless posts. He is also quick to extend little suspicions for things I don't really find mafia-y (voting people over small mistakes, etc). I think he tries to appear like he is scumhunting, but his heart really isn't in finding scum, but in preserving his team and not being suspected.

Dunno if scum sudgy would be this clumsy about it though, so I'll Vote: xeiron.

When did he do this? I remember efhw and xeiron voting me for a small "mistake" and raerae voting sudgy for a mistake. When did sudgy do this though, I can't recall anything

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2013, 01:08:29 pm »

You called me out initially on post #283.  It's now post #431.  Everyone knows what your case is.  Why haven't you moved on?

Because I think you're scum! But no one else does so I will table it for today I suppose.

Want to lynch: nkirbit
Would lynch: lio xeiron raerae

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:35 pm »

Eevee, you're giving lio town status because his wagon formed quickly. But from your point of view, the main people in favor of it were myself (town read) nkirbit (town read) and raerae (null read), along with your vote.

If you think everyone on his wagon is more towny than scummy, then you can't really argue that his wagon was a scummy one at the same time..

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2013, 01:40:43 pm »

Because I think you're scum! But no one else does so I will table it for today I suppose.

Would lynch me? Because I don't find merit in your case? Good idea. I guess I should trust you and your reads without question.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:41 pm »

Also, I am so sorry about this but I won't be around until at most 30 minutes before deadline because the time of this party got changed this morning.

My vote is on sudgy but I'd be comfortable with xeiron or EFHW because they were active and have since slipped into the background. Seems like they're waiting for something to come of the TA/kermit thing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2013, 02:00:37 pm »

Eevee, you're giving lio town status because his wagon formed quickly. But from your point of view, the main people in favor of it were myself (town read) nkirbit (town read) and raerae (null read), along with your vote.

If you think everyone on his wagon is more towny than scummy, then you can't really argue that his wagon was a scummy one at the same time..
That's a very good point. Well, my town read on him is weaker than my town read on nkirbit and you, and stuff he said in the middle of your argument contributed to it as well (don't remember what exactly though). Hmm, I am open to the idea of being wrong about liopoil, but I think both xeiron and sudgy are still way better targets. Also, scum just tends not to do stuff that causes wagons early.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 05, 2013, 02:01:10 pm »

raerae, what is your read on me, now that I'm back posting?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:20 pm »

Would lynch me? Because I don't find merit in your case? Good idea. I guess I should trust you and your reads without question.

I never said that!

I'm suspicious because you are asking questions most of the time, but when I asked you several questions, you avoided the answers. You wouldn't give a list of reads until the end of d1. More suspicious though you were very quick to dismiss people who agreed with either mine or nkirbits case. I think it's some of the most important information we have, and we should be analyzing it rather than dismissing it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 05, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

When is soft deadline? I'm on an airplane that's about to lift off but ill be on later tonight.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 05, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »

Eevee posted a similar "I'll write a catch up post soon" in mean girls, and similarly neither did.

If we're going to lynch an inactive player, I'd rather it be Xeiron or Mail-mi.  I really do believe that Eevee is going to come back and contribute actively, while I can't say that for sure about the other two.  It's already frustrated that I can't interact with a third of the players, and I'd rather lynch the player who I'm not sure will be active.

Why Eevee if he falls in the same boat as the others?

Because Eevee coming back is going to be a lot more of a upswing in activity than mail-mi or xeiron coming back would me.  Eevee's just naturally more active than especially mail-mi, and I believe Xeiron as well.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 05, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

8:30 f.ds time

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 05, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »

Eevee: Half of my votes have been for pressure.  Raerae seems to ask questions trying to do things, and I sometimes vote for people trying to do things.

Also, I have a townread on raerae.  She seems to be her normal self, a lot different than she was in MXXII.

I'm going to re-read xeiron, then I'll say who I want to lynch/will lynch.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 05, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »

Wow, xeiron has barely done anything.  All he's done is vote nkirbit randomly at the beginning, vote TA later, and applaud people for saying certain things.  He's probably one of our worst lurkers.

I would be fine with lynching nkirbit or xeiron at the moment, and I might be able to be convinced to vote someone else if the case is good enough.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2013, 03:34:17 pm »

Vote: Eevee until he gets in here.  When he does, I'll move back to nkirbit (or someone else if I need to).  Soft deadline is tomorrow, right?

Oh, he posted in V/LA...  Vote: mail-mi then.

He's v/la?  Sorry, I didn't know that.  I'll go back to Vote: nkirbit then.

My gosh, this is outrageous.  So, your vote on eevee initially is because he's not around (it's can't be because you think he's scummy, because you intend to move when he gets back).  Then you vote for mail-mi for the same reason, and oops, he's not around either.  Then you move back to me, presumably because I'm your top scum-read.

If I'm your top scum-read, why in the world are you interested in voting for players who aren't here over your top scum-read?  Why are you moving your vote around so much?  This is just a very bizarre pattern.. if I'm town and I think I have a good read on a player, I'm not going to move off of it to vote for a player who hasn't been around all week!  I want my vote to stay on the scummy player because I want him to be lynched!

If you had a reason for your read on me changing, that's fine, but that's not what happened because you jumped back on me after there was no inactive player to vote for.  Why were you so interested in parking a vote on an inactive player?  To pressure them?  They're not there!

I'm as frustrated as anyone is as those players.  I know it's life, but it sucks that we have to deal with that issue playing this game.  But your behavior here was very odd.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.