Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167701 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2013, 06:19:14 pm »

Hey Eevee,

Does town!raerae or scum!raerae usually as more questions?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:09 pm »

Hey Eevee,

No idea. I very much doubt we'd catch rae that way.

Somehow I do have a feeling she wants to appear pro-town a little too much, but I already feel my "bad feeling" about liopoil was misguided (although useful!) and I felt yuma was trying to appear too pro-town in pirates and he was town, so I'm not putting a vote down or anything.

I generally don't like statements like "scum raerae asks more questions than town raerae" or "scum eevee buddies less than town eevee". It'a just so hard to know if someone just knows how he/she is perceived and is fooling you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Full - N0/Confirmation Phase)
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2013, 07:55:44 pm »

Vote Count Act I.VIII:

liopoil (2): Twistedarcher, raerae
mail-mi (2): EFHW, sudgy

Not Voting (5): mail-mi, nkirbit, liopoil, xeiron, Eevee

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Act I ends on June 11 at 8:30 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2013, 08:01:47 pm »

And of course, mail-mi tries to answer the question differently than lio, so as not to get suspicion...

Hey Eevee,

The one time I saw her as scum (I think the only time) (she subbed in D2 and couldn't really get on until D3 or later, so that may have been why), she was COMPLETELY different.  Was a lot more quiet, not asking many questions, practically no jokes, etc.  In RMM7 she played differently too, but she was town.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2013, 09:04:24 pm »

And of course, mail-mi tries to answer the question differently than lio, so as not to get suspicion...
Wait what? How did I do that?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2013, 09:05:46 pm »

Lio was like, "Sorry, I didn't notice" while you just answered them like nothing was wrong.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2013, 09:32:22 pm »

Lio was like, "Sorry, I didn't notice" while you just answered them like nothing was wrong.

Does town!mail-mi or scum!mail-mi usually avoid my questions?

mail-mi, I challenge you to do something more than agree with the SD.  What are your thoughts on xeiron and nkirbit?
Oh missed that. Currently going to a movie, answer when on a computer.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:09 pm »

Sudgy, keep in mind that mail-mi's response is consistent with his posting style.  He and lio do post different in general, so I don't think it's odd that mail-mi's response is different than lio's.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:26 pm »

unvote with a wagon this size for reasons this nonexistent, I really don't think lio is town.

I answered this before when Nkirbit made the same point, but I don't think the conclusion you guys are drawing about Lio's wagon is true.  He's had 3 votes -- one of which was your random one, so that doesn't even really count -- and a few others (Sudgy, someone else I can't remember) pointing out that it's odd that he doesn't answer the questions, but it doesn't strike me as a scum-driven wagon. It seems to me like a wagon meant to apply pressure to get someone to talk, and to point out something scummy. I just don't think that this is the wagon that scum are going to jump on to try to get a lynch going, not with so little on Lio -- they'd wait for a case with more behind it.

I actually think scum, at this point, would be more likely to oppose the wagon than hopping on board. I don't suspect Raerae for jumping on board, and it gives me a town read on her.

The fact that multiple people find someone scummy for the same thing doesn't mean that there's a scum motive behind it. Lio's ignoring the questions WAS weird, for someone who's been active.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:50 pm »

Eevee, you earlier voted Lio because something was "off", if I'm recalling correctly -- can you expand on this?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 02, 2013, 12:18:48 am »

unvote with a wagon this size for reasons this nonexistent, I really don't think lio is town scum.
FTFE (fixed that for Eevee)

I think Eevee made a typo here - he goes on to say he doesn't find liopoil scummy.

I notice mail-mi has done a self-quote post again.  Why do you do that, mail-mi? 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 02, 2013, 12:19:54 am »

This does seem like a bit of a stretch.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2013, 12:39:45 am »

unvote with a wagon this size for reasons this nonexistent, I really don't think lio is town scum.
FTFE (fixed that for Eevee)

I think Eevee made a typo here - he goes on to say he doesn't find liopoil scummy.

I notice mail-mi has done a self-quote post again.  Why do you do that, mail-mi?

Yeah I assume that's what he meant -- its an easy typo to make

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2013, 12:41:27 am »

Hello all! it's worth note that eevee is the only real veteran in this game.

Lio, why did you think this was important to point out?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2013, 01:41:14 am »

Does town!mail-mi or scum!mail-mi usually avoid my questions?

mail-mi, I challenge you to do something more than agree with the SD.  What are your thoughts on xeiron and nkirbit?
Oh missed that. Currently going to a movie, answer when on a computer.

But you ignored it for a while afterwards, and got called out on it AFTER that.  After getting called out, you responded differently than lio did.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2013, 03:25:23 am »

Eevee, you earlier voted Lio because something was "off", if I'm recalling correctly -- can you expand on this?
I can when I get to computer access (need to dig back), but it really was the most minor thing, I like to kill RVS by making a suspicion from any small thing I can find and seeing what happens.

I also didnt realize the lio-wagon was just 3 votes and a bunch of people wondering him not answering the questions. It does make me a little less certain he is town.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2013, 09:31:09 am »

The game had just started and it was just something I noticed when discussing our opponents in my scum QT. It's not really important.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2013, 11:43:53 am »

The game had just started and it was just something I noticed when discussing our opponents in my scum QT. It's not really important.

Dude, settle down, there wasn't anything accusatory about that question. I was rereading a bit, had a question, and asked it. You've spent a lot of time defending yourself because you came under pressure early so let's move beyond that and generate some different conversation. What do you think about nkirbit and EFHW?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2013, 11:48:14 am »

I have a question for Ashersky (and I guess Raerae can weigh in too):

I want to look back at Nkirbit's behavior in Mean Girls, since it's his only other game. But the game's still ongoing, although he's dead. Am I allowed to look at his behavior there and compare it to his behavior here, and post about it? Or is that taboo since Mean Girls is still ongoing?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2013, 11:51:16 am »

I want to look back at Nkirbit's behavior in Mean Girls, since it's his only other game. But the game's still ongoing, although he's dead. Am I allowed to look at his behavior there and compare it to his behavior here, and post about it? Or is that taboo since Mean Girls is still ongoing?

Ash, I have my opinions but I believe you have the final say, leaving this one to you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2013, 11:52:55 am »

Raerae if Ash says it's okay but you're not okay with it, I won't do it, either

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2013, 11:53:10 am »

oh, I guess that came off wrong. It wasn't supposed to be sarcastic :P

raerae, questions are great and all, but you should say more about what YOU think of other players.

EFHW: Townread for high activity and pushing converstation forward.

Nkirbit: I'd like to wait for an answer to TA's question before answering.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

As a mod for both games, I emphatically say no.  I'll allow an ash-overrule, but I strongly advise against discussing any ongoing games, even for people who are dead.  This could affect, say, the "stances" that a living scum player in either game is taking regarding that player.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:22 am »

As a mod for both games, I emphatically say no.  I'll allow an ash-overrule, but I strongly advise against discussing any ongoing games, even for people who are dead.  This could affect, say, the "stances" that a living scum player in either game is taking regarding that player.

Ok, sounds good, thanks for the clarification!

Lio, let's hear your answer now :)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2013, 12:17:10 pm »

aww shucks. I can understand that ruling though. Let me take a look:

I'm not sure how to make this game progress at this point?  Anyone have any ideas?
For some reason this reads town. I remember as scum in another dinner party I just disappeared when nothing was happening early D1. Then again, I got called out for that, so hmmm...

similar to EFHW, he's a big contributer. Managing to make this post:
More to come!
With more to come so early in the game isn't easy.

This response is adequate:
Is it worth noting that mail-mi still hasn't answered raerae's question, despite being online since the point at which he said he would?
I actually don't find him particularly scummy for it.  I think a mafia would be much more certain to not let answering a question that they were asked, then reasked, than a town would.  It's just much more reasonable for a townie to forget to answer a question.

My question for you - why were you uncomfortable pointing out something that might make mail-mi look scummy, to the point where you made an extra post saying you didn't find him scummy?

I think the first post was incomplete.  I generally don't like when players bring up issues without giving their views on it... it comes off to me as trying to direct the conversation a certain direction without having it be tied back to you.  I think it would be hypocritical of me to not meet my own standards, so I added more.  I would have made it one post had I done it again, but I can't edit, so double-posting was the best I could do.

So yeah, another town read. I need to find scum though... and I have too many townreads.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 16 queries.