Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 63  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Game over, Town wins!)  (Read 153507 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Day 1. PM for Speccy.)
« Reply #550 on: April 15, 2013, 06:26:48 pm »

Especially the part about not putting sudgy to L-1 really hit home with me. As one of the sheepy sheep who were town, I should probably suspect the other ones more, so Robz's mcmc-case is ok in my opinion. I like yuma's WS-case even more though, so I'll move to Vote: WinterSpartan. He also does feel very different from the RMM7 WS and has been been unfairly suspecting me in my opinion, so.

Eevee is covering for mcmc.

I'm doing it! I'm calling a scumteam! Eevee/mcmc

You heard it here first.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 15, 2013, 06:27:44 pm »

???

I'm absolutely baffled that no one else is jumping on mcmc right now--he's a sheepy nothing who came aboard lio only when the pressure was briefly heating up for him.
I'm reading you townier lately. I think it's a decent case, definitely a wagon I'd be interested in too. Can only vote for one person at a time though.

Our soft deadline concerns are over? What's the new plan?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:01 pm »

Especially the part about not putting sudgy to L-1 really hit home with me. As one of the sheepy sheep who were town, I should probably suspect the other ones more, so Robz's mcmc-case is ok in my opinion. I like yuma's WS-case even more though, so I'll move to Vote: WinterSpartan. He also does feel very different from the RMM7 WS and has been been unfairly suspecting me in my opinion, so.

You heard it here first.
Heh, I addressed your suspicion before reading this. No, I support that lynch fully. If I had two votes, I'd be on him already. How am I covering for him?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 15, 2013, 06:31:11 pm »

Suddenly I'm worried scum Robz is being brazen and trying to play me/us totally by his latest. But nah, I'll wait for his explanation.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 15, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »

You heard it here first.
Heh, I addressed your suspicion before reading this. No, I support that lynch fully. If I had two votes, I'd be on him already. How am I covering for him?

You covered for him the best, safest way a scumbuddy can. You said, "Yeah, that case makes sense, I totally support it, but I'm going to go ahead and vote for this other guy at this critical juncture where a new wagon could form!"

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 15, 2013, 06:33:36 pm »

You heard it here first.

You covered for him the best, safest way a scumbuddy can. You said, "Yeah, that case makes sense, I totally support it, but I'm going to go ahead and vote for this other guy at this critical juncture where a new wagon could form!"
So putting him in 2nd in my suspicion list (as in if WS wagon dies, I'll be moving there or making a 180) is more covering than no one else commenting at all or putting him somewhere towneir in the list / disagreeing with you? Why? (I disagree!)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »

Axxle and Dest are the only ones yet to post a scummy list. I would like them to do so tonight.

Yuma, you have a very good point about the wagon on Lio that's formed pretty much solely based off of sheeping my reads. However, if you think that a decent part of Lio's wagon is scum (2+), then we learn a lot by Lio turning up as a town member. Do you think it's more likely that the wagon is scum-driven, or made up of clueless townies?

I would guess that there is at least one scum on the wagon. But that logic alone isn't enough for me to justify lynching lio. It isn't that we don't learn anything, but we learn something from every lynch (this is why the argument that such and such will be an informative lynch is always bogus) and if every lynch provides information that the fact that you get information from it doesn't mean anything, because they all do.

If we think that lio's wagon is made up of scum, and I think there is a possibility that 2 players could be on there, we should just vote for one of them now, but I couldn't say with any authority which player out of them to lynch. I think all are suspicious, but sheeping isn't necessarily scummy play. It is often just bad, lazy town play. When I play scum, I tend to stay off wagons day1. Generally speaking, this isn't always the case, and I know that is a style other players gravitate toward. So I am most suspicious of people not on the lio wagon but aren't trying to derail it either (right now that is desteirro and winterspartan, and axxle to an extent as he just hasn't been around at all) and I still think mail-mi's vote on Box is silly.

Just so you know, I don't think I am sheeping in any way shape or form. I formed the case on liopoil entirely from reading his posts, and you can't say I am sheeping the IC because liopoil is not the only person I have reread in this fashion.

I'm absolutely baffled that no one else is jumping on mcmc right now--he's a sheepy nothing who came aboard lio only when the pressure was briefly heating up for him.

BS, I had intention to vote for liopoil or winterspartan before there was any heat on me. Like honestly you all got on my case for posting my intention to vote for liopoil or winterspartan later, now your on my case because I joined the liopoil wagon when I was under fire. You understand these are outrageous accusations correct.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 15, 2013, 06:37:14 pm »

You heard it here first.

So putting him in 2nd in my suspicion list (as in if WS wagon dies, I'll be moving there or making a 180) is more covering than no one else commenting at all or putting him somewhere towneir in the list / disagreeing with you? Why? (I disagree!)

I think you're wrong that the case against mcmc is second to the case against WS, but maybe I've just been following mcmc more closely than you.

It's like you want to get out in front of my attempt to move things against your scumbuddy, by saying 'good point Robz, my you look townie, furious redirect to WS...'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 15, 2013, 06:40:16 pm »

BS, I had intention to vote for liopoil or winterspartan before there was any heat on me. Like honestly you all got on my case for posting my intention to vote for liopoil or winterspartan later, now your on my case because I joined the liopoil wagon when I was under fire. You understand these are outrageous accusations correct.

They are far from outrageous. You are, in effect, criticizing people for criticizing you. This is a known habit of scum mcmcsalot. You did it in the aborted game, NMIII! You complained to me after you were killed that people ahd lynched you for the wrong reasons... but you WERE scum, bro.

In any case, posting intents to vote at some later juncture are inherently scummy. Town doesn't test the waters, town gets stuff done. And I've seen you do this before. And then we pointed it out, and you voted in a hurry. I know you think this is damned-if-you-don't, damned-if-you-do... well, yes. What you didn't do was scummy, and then what you did do was scummy.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 15, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »

@Eevee, I did miss WS getting onto the liopoil wagon just a few posts back. That is really weird, and makes me feel substantially worse about him. But you voted for him before he did that! So my point against you stands. But seriously WS, what you did makes no sense, and lio isn't under threat of hammer, and, did you not read, or something?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 15, 2013, 06:43:14 pm »

Although I guess WS is courageous for doing the opposite thing as the IC.

Or maybe he's just attaching himself to a lynch he knows will never fly now, which is something scum do.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »

Gosh. Suddenly all of you are scummy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2013, 06:45:00 pm »

Whoa box is out. unvote. I could lynch WS, buuuut I really don't think he's the best lynch today. He does have a high content-to-post ratio and is not really that scummy. Mcmc, however, was pretty high on my scum list and is acting the same as in NMIII and the nexbie game I was in. Vote: Mom salon
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:11 pm »

Whoa box is out. unvote. I could lynch WS, buuuut I really don't think he's the best lynch today. He does have a high content-to-post ratio and is not really that scummy. Mcmc, however, was pretty high on my scum list and is acting the same as in NMIII and the nexbie game I was in. Vote: Mom salon

Those were the same game, though, weren't they? I agree he is acting the same, but that's just one game there, not two.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 15, 2013, 06:47:09 pm »

I dont think WS's content to post ratio is high for himself.

But I'll look closer into mcmc.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

I'd rather lynch Mcmc than WS.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:24 pm »

Almost everyone seems to be online. Lets blitz it out, soft deadline in 1h 12min (8pm forum time)?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 15, 2013, 06:52:19 pm »

Vote Count 1.16:

sudgy (1): Destierro
liopoil (4): Axxle2, werothegreat, sudgy, mcmcsalot
WinterSpartan (3): liopoil, Yuma, Eevee
Eevee (1): WinterSpartan
mcmcsalot (2): Robz888, mail-mi

Not Voting (2): BoxofDOG, Twistedarcher

With 13 alive, it take 7 to lynch.

Day 1 began on April 6 at 4:15 a.m. and ends on April 27 at 4:15 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »

Vote: mcmc

Reread him, and it just fits. If my liopoil vote was terrible, I don't even know how to adequately describe the scumminess of mcmc's one.

Pretty good towny feel:
liopoil, Robz

Scumby:
mcmc, WinterSpartan

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 15, 2013, 07:01:54 pm »

They are far from outrageous. You are, in effect, criticizing people for criticizing you. This is a known habit of scum mcmcsalot. You did it in the aborted game, NMIII! You complained to me after you were killed that people ahd lynched you for the wrong reasons... but you WERE scum, bro.

In any case, posting intents to vote at some later juncture are inherently scummy. Town doesn't test the waters, town gets stuff done. And I've seen you do this before. And then we pointed it out, and you voted in a hurry. I know you think this is damned-if-you-don't, damned-if-you-do... well, yes. What you didn't do was scummy, and then what you did do was scummy.

you didn't point it out and have me vote in a hurry, you pointed it out and I voted, WHEN I GOT TO MY COMPUTER, when I said I would vote.
Also don't misconstrue things here I was not testing the waters, I said I was going to vote later but could vote now if needed, not seeing if I should vote or not, no scenario(obviosly there are some) was I going to not vote for liopoil or ws. Also if you feel like claiming criticizing people for voting me is a habit of scum mcmcsalot, go read ZMX and MXX here's some clips from right before I got lynched.

REMINDER: VOTING OR UNVOTING IS AN ADMISSION OF GUILT

INSOM NO OFFENSE SHUT UP. its not galz made a good point, scum will never hammer cuzz if cuzz is scum, so this tie is band and no scum will break it. I am town and am going to die unless someone takes a vote off of me

If lekkit gets here he will hammer me for sure. I think the fact that I have been able to avoid the lynch for to days is a terrible reason to find me scummy. Especially with the fact that you are the one who didn't cop me when you could have and saved us of this. I think I have avoided the lynch because the case on me is my scummy posting about not hammering arch and about voting for lekkit while maintaining a town read, as well as robz defending me. These seem like good points but I think the evidence really suggests scum!robz gains more from saving town!mcmc than scum!mcmc and the thing with the lekkit vote and arch ordeal was poor town play and poor mafia play in general that I realized and turned it around and have done my best to scumhunt, be pro town, and stay alive because I am in fact town and lynching me would really hurt town.

Lastly, I think I have messaged you after or during/about everygame I have played obviously never while we were living in a game but games your not in with me and finished games we were in. Mcmc gets frustrated when he gets lynched period. It's not a scum tell.
Fun fact robz and I have been town together in one out of the 5 games we played. I was scum, then he was scum, then I was confirmed town with him, then we were both scum, then he was scum. So town mcmc and town robz have never had to attempt to identify eachother. I think we have both tricked ourselves into thinking we are good at it. Because if your town your dead wrong.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 15, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »

Reread him, and it just fits. If my liopoil vote was terrible, I don't even know how to adequately describe the scumminess of mcmc's one.

Pretty good towny feel:
liopoil, Robz

Scumby:
mcmc, WinterSpartan

Now, this just feels like you're going along with the flavor of the week, and just dying to find a wagon to attach yourself to...

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »

Pretty good towny feel:
liopoil, Robz

Scumby:
mcmc, WinterSpartan

ridiculous my one vote on liopoil is that scummy that I'm the best lynch. I fail to understand how in almost everygame we slowly and methdocally build wagons and analyze interactions and then for some reason we find flaws in the whole thing(people are pretending the liopoil wagon is just awful, 6 people voted so apparently were all just idiotic morons) and then we pick someone who said one thing in a non town way and BOOM SLAM DUNK QUICKLYNCH. No surprise these people flip town.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:59 pm »

Those were the same game, though, weren't they? I agree he is acting the same, but that's just one game there, not two.

No ash's game. NMIII I comodded.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 15, 2013, 07:07:28 pm »

Now, this just feels like you're going along with the flavor of the week, and just dying to find a wagon to attach yourself to...

Agreed, I really don't think the liopoil lynch is so terrible and am baffled at how fast it disappeared.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 15, 2013, 07:08:21 pm »

No ash's game. NMIII I comodded.

How am I acting similar to NMIII, very curious to see this answered by mail-mi.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.