Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some fun games with unconvential cards  (Read 970 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
Some fun games with unconvential cards
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:28:50 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/07/game-20130307-220756-4bfdf64a.html

I went Fishing Village - Apothecary -(optional Noble Brigands if opponent tries to go big money). And a random Counting House thrown in because, hey, why not? I deliberately try to not buy any Silver or Gold, which makes any opposing Noble Brigands useless. In fact, they help because they can sometimes give me Copper for free. Everything goes exactly the way I want it, and Counting House gives me just enough to end it before the deck stalls on green.

--

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/07/game-20130307-221755-5693aa97.html

Familiar game. I open Remake/Warehouse to try to outrace the Cursing early on, then my Remake misses reshuffle and opponent gets $2P. Anyway, that's not important. What's neat is turn 10. I have $5P, but instead of buying familiar, I play Gold + Silver and buy Mandarin, getting rewarded with T11 Platinum. My Plat advantage snowballs, and although it's close because I skipped Hoard, I manage to get a win.

I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

CopperrCopper

• Scout
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Some fun games with unconvential cards
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:47:35 am »

Game 1 is just the power of apothecary.  Its easily one of my favorite/most underrated cards.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Re: Some fun games with unconvential cards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 12:15:55 pm »

Game 1 is an apothecary game all the way.  I would wager that an Apothecary/FV (that's Farming, not Fishing) engine could get  6 Provinces in 15 turns.  Even when greening, the FV's will skip over dead VP cards.  Probably open Potion/Shanty Town and prioritize buying Apothecary>Farming Village>Silver(just get 1)>Village>Copper.

Edit:  And I believe I just found a game where Thief is an optimal strategy!  With no +Buy, the Apothecary engine player can not replenish lost Copper without also including Thief.  The winner of this game will be the player who uses Thief most efficiently to control the distribution of Treasure Cards!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:24:55 pm by shark_bait »
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.