Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17  All

Author Topic: NewMafia III: Exploring the New Mansion (Day 2 ongoing)  (Read 45224 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia III: Exploring the New Mansion (Day 1 has begun!)
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:59 pm »

Shraeye is voting for avalanchian. There are only 4 people not voting, not 9.
whoops, didn't see the vote on xeiron.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2013, 09:43:29 pm »

spirit, you vote by bolding your text vote: player name you use the B icon above the text box or manually type [ b ] vote: player name [ /b ] without the spaces. And generally voting for someone just because they voted you is called OMGUS oh my god your stupid, and considered a varying amount of scummy depending on circumstances.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:13 pm »

Very good post shraeye, very good.

Which post is very good?  The one with the vote on xeiron?  What makes it a good post?
No, #137, the theory post.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:33 pm »

spirit, you vote by bolding your text vote: player name you use the B icon above the text box or manually type [ b ] vote: player name [ /b ] without the spaces. And generally voting for someone just because they voted you is called OMGUS oh my god your stupid, and considered a varying amount of scummy depending on circumstances.
Ok.  But you've misread me....I didn't vote x because they voted me.  I voted x for calling me a lurker/scum (calling me out).  Sorry if that was scummy
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2013, 10:26:47 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.2

spiritbears (1): xeiron
xeiron (2): Eevee, shraeye
BoxOfDOG (1): yuma
NOT VOTING (5): Avalanchian, spiritbears, BoxOfDOG, mcmcsalot, werothegreat

P. S. Mods cannot be lynched (wero).

New one because I can't not make mistakes. I a newb also (to modding.)

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2013, 10:28:34 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.2

So my vote won't count until its properly bolded?
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2013, 10:31:31 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.2

So my vote won't count until its properly bolded?
No it will not because I can't be sure if it's a real vote or not unless it's bolded.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »

vote: Xerion

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2013, 10:34:37 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.3

xeiron (2): Eevee, shraeye, spiritbears {L-2}
NOT VOTING (5): Avalanchian,, BoxOfDOG, mcmcsalot, werothegreat

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »

if they aren't already voting for xeiron, I strongly suggest that scum quick hammer him. That way we will know who they are and then we can lynch them in successive days tomorrow and the next day. It will be great!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2013, 10:43:49 pm »

VOTE COUNT 1.2

But I thought he was suspicious!

vote: shraeye

You know too much.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:46 am »

Wow, that escalated quickly.

Yes, I am aware that my case was paper thin, yes, I am aware that it is way to early to tell anything from post count and yes I am aware that there was more people than spiritbears with low content. Me included.
I did not vote because I found spiritbears suspicious, but to cause some reaction.
I guess I got what I wanted so I will unvote for now.

Avalanchian

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2013, 09:00:26 am »

I spend so long thinking that the conversation has moved on by miles by the time I try and post what's in my head! (Subtext: I'm slow .___.)

You make an excellent point Shraeye and I will try to be more constructive from now on. For future reference, "concern" was a bit of an overstatement for my comment on EFHW. It was more curiosity really.

Werothegreat seems to be playing the fool by trying to vote for a mod and then has turned onto one of the strongest contributors so far. Call me paranoid, but that seems somewhat suspicious to me.

Vote: werothegreat.
"Edge case challenges are the Rube Goldberg machines of Dominion" - Michaeljb

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2013, 09:54:15 am »

Guess my first Mafia game won't be lasting very long, then.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »

Werothegreat seems to be playing the fool by trying to vote for a mod and then has turned onto one of the strongest contributors so far.
What has werothegreat contributed thusfar?  Please explain how he is a strong contributor.

And a question at wero, on a scale of 1 to 10, how tongue-in-cheek is this comment?

Avalanchian

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

Werothegreat seems to be playing the fool by trying to vote for a mod and then has turned onto one of the strongest contributors so far.
What has werothegreat contributed thusfar?  Please explain how he is a strong contributor.

By "onto" I simply meant "on". I was actually calling YOU the strongest contributor Shraeye, and was voting to lynch werothegreat for lining you up in his sights. Sorry for the confusion there.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2013, 05:41:35 pm »

oops, I read it as "turned into"

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2013, 06:43:11 pm »

Wow, that escalated quickly.

Yes, I am aware that my case was paper thin, yes, I am aware that it is way to early to tell anything from post count and yes I am aware that there was more people than spiritbears with low content. Me included.
I did not vote because I found spiritbears suspicious, but to cause some reaction.
I guess I got what I wanted so I will unvote for now.
Lol.  Can't decide if your unvote is more suspicious than the initial vote!  And if I changed my vote at point whether that would be more scummy than my first vote.....
Hmmmm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

question to the newer players...

Would you like to hear my knowledge about some of the other more experienced players (mcmc, shraeye and mcmc?) in regard to their play style, metas, strengths, etc etc... Or would you rather not hear anything about them at learn about them with a blank slate.

Obviously if one player says they want more and another player says they don't, I can't accomodate both, so I will default to not sharing anything. But if all of you would like some feedback--and perhaps some of the other players could provide feedback about myself--I would be happy to let you know what I think about them to bring up a little up to speed in terms of attempting to read them.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2013, 07:36:26 pm »

oops, I read it as "turned into"

welcome to mafia where everything you say will be misinterpreted, misread and misunderstood by everyone in ways you never thought possible!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »

I spend so long thinking that the conversation has moved on by miles by the time I try and post what's in my head! (Subtext: I'm slow .___.)

This reminds me a lot of me in my first mafia game. MIII. There I was also very slow to post about things, because I was also very thoughtful and constantly felt that the game had moved beyond me.

In that game I was mafia. However, I can't really be sure if that was because I was mafia or if it was because I was new to the game. Honestly, I think it had more to do with me being new to the game than being scum, but I will say that in general this sort of behavior tends to be scummy.

This is why. Town tends to not care what others think about them. They know they are town and automatically just assume that everyone will think that they are town as well. And then they are extremely surprised when people find them scummy! I mean angry, bitter, ragequit kind of surprised sometimes.

Whereas mafia really cares what others think abou them. They know they are mafia and automatically assume that everyone might start thinking they are scum if they say the wrong thing. As such, mafia tends to be much more methodical and careful about what they post for fear of being exposed.

This is why that, in general, mafia tends to have lower post counts than town players. This isn't always true, but often is. This doesn't mean that if you are town you need to post more. I think everyone should just post the amount that they feel most comfortable with.

So I am not going to vote for you, but it does raise my suspicions somewhat.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2013, 08:03:33 pm »

And a question at wero, on a scale of 1 to 10, how tongue-in-cheek is this comment?

Avalanchian

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:30 pm »

This reminds me a lot of me in my first mafia game. MIII. There I was also very slow to post about things, because I was also very thoughtful and constantly felt that the game had moved beyond me.

In that game I was mafia. However, I can't really be sure if that was because I was mafia or if it was because I was new to the game. Honestly, I think it had more to do with me being new to the game than being scum, but I will say that in general this sort of behavior tends to be scummy.

This is why. Town tends to not care what others think about them. They know they are town and automatically just assume that everyone will think that they are town as well. And then they are extremely surprised when people find them scummy! I mean angry, bitter, ragequit kind of surprised sometimes.

Whereas mafia really cares what others think abou them. They know they are mafia and automatically assume that everyone might start thinking they are scum if they say the wrong thing. As such, mafia tends to be much more methodical and careful about what they post for fear of being exposed.

This is why that, in general, mafia tends to have lower post counts than town players. This isn't always true, but often is. This doesn't mean that if you are town you need to post more. I think everyone should just post the amount that they feel most comfortable with.

So I am not going to vote for you, but it does raise my suspicions somewhat.

Yeah, this is generally the policy I'm taking into the game too. The reason I'm thinking so long is more because I'm trying to add to the theory discussions and end up getting lost in loops. Like working out if one player claims and then a scum were to counter claim how one could trace back and so on. I don't want to end up committing a fallacy that will confuse our efforts. Part of me feels that I'm too new (and too slow =/) to try and work that stuff out, an part of me feels that, other than our votes, our biggest weapons are our brains, even if they're not the smartest in my case >_<

Also the scientist in me doesn't like making bold claims without hard evidence. I keep thinking, "but there's no way I can PROVE that."

Basically, I need to relax and just say what I think I guess, even if it's likely wrong or stupid, and hope that everyone calls me out on it being wrong and stupid >_<

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2013, 10:42:46 pm »

Basically, I need to relax and just say what I think I guess, even if it's likely wrong or stupid, and hope that everyone calls me out on it being wrong and stupid >_<

oh we are really good at that.

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2013, 01:43:58 am »

*Appears from the suddenly dark corner of the room*
Hello my soon-to-be soul-less friends. I have returned.

Sadly, I do not have the capability to kill.. Merely vote.. Therefore, I shall vote through peer pressure, as I am not quite sureee yett...

vote: xeiron
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.