Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224124 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 4)
« Reply #2000 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »

It was a mistake and scum are jumping on it faster than Yuma's lynch. Trying to lynch a Cop simply because of a typo?? You guys aren't suspicious at all??

OK, not moving my vote but want to hear this out...why Jimmmmmm and me?
Well Jimmmmm because I was suspicious of him, and you because you were suspicious with the Kooshie lynch.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 23, 2013, 10:03:56 pm »

Gah!
Ok. I'm going to step away from the computer before I say something I shouldn't. I can't believe myself that I would make such an idiotic mistake.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 23, 2013, 10:06:10 pm »

Gah!
Ok. I'm going to step away from the computer before I say something I shouldn't. I can't believe myself that I would make such an idiotic mistake.

something like... about how you were pretending to use oracle on your scum partner? Would you be that daring?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »

Ok, here now.

I used an Oracle I investigated Jimmmmm two nights ago and he's Town. I almost came out with it yesterday, but Yuma was pushing it so hard I didn't feel comfortable about it. If you don't believe me, see my flipped read on him.

Though I wished I had saved it and used it on Yuma last night. I'm extremely worried that he really is scum leading Town, and it didn't become so appearant until yesterday.

I am, however, going to Vote: ashersky. There's whole ashersky vs. Ozle thing, and I think that Ozle is obvtown and ashersky is just looking for the easy lynch, and then back off if he flips Town. Also, Jorbles and him are both jumping too much on this Yuma lynch, which feels scum driven even though the lynch would be informational.

Yuma, is Arch scum bussing me now?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 23, 2013, 10:24:34 pm »

As it is, I won't move my vote to anyone but Ozle.  Ozle has been, by far, the scummiest-seeming player I have ever seen in a game that I've played.  That counts every single on in my signature, which are all finished games I've played.  And yet, he gets treated like he's town!yuma.  So fine, town won't listen to me, I won't waste my breath anymore.  It's yuma or Ozle for me, the end.

this right here... is ashersky being scum.

He is trying a really good move. He is trying to get a mislynch on ozle today (here I am totally speculating that ozle is in fact scum, something I have had a pretty good read about for a while and ash's suspicion of him and this post make me think he is even townier) by trying to manipulate me into voting for ozle. This sort of ozle, yuma or me forces town's hand, and especially my hand to try to get us to go to ozle. If that succeeds and especially if I am on that wagon, ultimately results in town!ozle getting lynched, and everyone extremely suspicious of me going into night and what happens day5? yuma gets lynched in mylo.

Well I for one am not falling for it.

No, this is ashersky trying to be good town, something I'm not usually.  As far as I'm concerned, there's a 99% chance that at least one of you and Ozle are scum, and a 75% chance you both are scum.

You know I don't care if I die as town.  That's well known.  Go ahead and get me lynched.  I'll self-hammer and laugh so hard at you and your ridiculous reads in the speccy.  You, of all people, read me better than anyone else.  At least, you have until now if you really think I'm scum.

And so, if you push my mislynch through, you'll be seen for the lying scum that you are.  Because it is well documented throughout f.ds that yuma knows ashersky.  So you forcing an ashersky mislynch is bad yuma play, which equals scum yuma play.

It's time to bus your teammate Ozle.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 23, 2013, 10:31:02 pm »

Ok, here now.

I used an Oracle I investigated Jimmmmm two nights ago and he's Town. I almost came out with it yesterday, but Yuma was pushing it so hard I didn't feel comfortable about it. If you don't believe me, see my flipped read on him.

Though I wished I had saved it and used it on Yuma last night. I'm extremely worried that he really is scum leading Town, and it didn't become so appearant until yesterday.

I am, however, going to Vote: ashersky. There's whole ashersky vs. Ozle thing, and I think that Ozle is obvtown and ashersky is just looking for the easy lynch, and then back off if he flips Town. Also, Jorbles and him are both jumping too much on this Yuma lynch, which feels scum driven even though the lynch would be informational.

Yuma, is Arch scum bussing me now?

I have no idea.

Right now I want to lynch arch. Any thoughts on you are no where near as solid as this. If/when arch flips scum I will re-evaluate you the way I always re-evaluate people after a flip.

Do you think Arch made a typo or a slip? That is the pertinent question of the moment.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 23, 2013, 10:43:16 pm »

Do you think Arch made a typo or a slip? That is the pertinent question of the moment.

I want to believe it was a typo.  But really, it's not a typo.

I think your pronoun point is valid, and there's no way he was including raerae in that Jimmmmm paragraph.  Did he plan to write a raerae para?  Maybe.  But omitting a sentence or paragraph is not a typo.  I think he's caught.  Plus, he was off-Kooshie wagon.

vote: archetype

Oh look, I'm scummy because I said I wouldn't vote for anyone but Ozle and yuma and now I'm voting Arch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 23, 2013, 11:07:20 pm »

Oh look, I'm scummy because I said I wouldn't vote for anyone but Ozle and yuma and now I'm voting Arch.

I think you are being facetious but I am going to treat this as a real statement.

I disagree. When someone is presented with new facts that were not anticipated to be had it is scummy to hold to their former position and not deviate from it. So no I do not find you scummy for voting arch.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 3)
« Reply #2008 on: April 23, 2013, 11:26:49 pm »

Vote Count 4.3

yuma (1) -- Jorbles
ashersky (2) -- Eevee, Archetype
Archetype (4) -- yuma, sudgy, raerae, ashersky {L-2}

Not Voting (3) -- Ozle, Jimm, Insomniac

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is May 12 at 7:00 PM. You will start eating into your banked time (16 days) on Friday.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 23, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »

Ok... things we do need to consider here

1. no one else has claimed Oracle (although not everyone has already posted) this isn't that concerning because I don't think that scum would fake claim it just to be counter claimed and potentially lose a pretty good advantage

2. if no one else counter claims it, then that must mean that either a) arch is telling the truth or b) that arch bought it as preventative measures or c) one of his scum buddies bought it... and arch decided to pretend to use it to gain towncred.

3. or somehow scum is able to know at least some of the roles that townies obtain and either lio, lekkit or mcmc obtained oracle but were unable to use it and died with it and scum knew that so they again pretended to have it to gain towncred.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: April 23, 2013, 11:32:07 pm »

Ok... things we do need to consider here

1. no one else has claimed Oracle (although not everyone has already posted) this isn't that concerning because I don't think that scum would fake claim it just to be counter claimed and potentially lose a pretty good advantage

2. if no one else counter claims it, then that must mean that either a) arch is telling the truth or b) that arch bought it as preventative measures or c) one of his scum buddies bought it... and arch decided to pretend to use it to gain towncred.

3. or somehow scum is able to know at least some of the roles that townies obtain and either lio, lekkit or mcmc obtained oracle but were unable to use it and died with it and scum knew that so they again pretended to have it to gain towncred.

Notes:

1.  On option #1, it's possible Arch claimed to get the draw out the real claimer.  But I'm not sure that helps them any.

2.  On Option #2, Arch could in fact be telling the truth.  Thing is, if he or a scum buddy bought it, he should have known how it worked a little bit better. 

3.  Option #3 seems most likely?  Maybe scum sees what cards the people they NK have?

I mean, it's so bad a fake claim that I want to think he's telling the truth.  But really, I can't call that a typo at all.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 23, 2013, 11:33:50 pm »

I think option number three is most likely.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »

I know... I mean I would put him telling the truth at like ~ 10%. Maybe. That even feels high. It is totally possible, but if it is... it is a major, major mistake.

But at the same time the mistake is as easily (or as difficultly) made as scum and town. So I guess I actually feel ok about it.

Although to reiterate on option 2. He may have just bought it and didn't use it. (I mean what purpose would scum have to use it? None! They know who is scum.) So for that reason he wouldn't get a PM from robz explaining that either both are town or at least one was scum. That sort of a PM and result would stick into your brain I think. But as scum... he wouldn't have received such a PM and it could be very easy to forget that Oracle doesn't work that way... especially if that was his first time seeing such a Robzified role.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 23, 2013, 11:39:30 pm »

Also, Arch has been around and not posting here.  Scum tell, as I've mentioned previously.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 23, 2013, 11:42:42 pm »

I don't know what else to say, Asher. I'm town who made a really, really big mistake that I can't amend without you all thinking I'm scum.

It was a big typo, and one I hope to never make again, but that's all I can say.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 23, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

I don't think it matters, but I should note that I've been posting here via IPod, and that lends myself to making mistakes. But you guys don't believe me, so whatever. I bet it makes Town really want to come out and claim results knowing they will likely be lynched if they make even one small mistake.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 23, 2013, 11:49:57 pm »

I don't know what else to say, Asher. I'm town who made a really, really big mistake that I can't amend without you all thinking I'm scum.

It was a big typo, and one I hope to never make again, but that's all I can say.

I will say, your first post where you seem surprised and mention raerae was believable.

But the problem is there is nothing in the original post that makes it sound like you meant to mention anyone else.  Where in that post were you planning on fitting raerae?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 23, 2013, 11:53:11 pm »

I will say, your first post where you seem surprised and mention raerae was believable.

But the problem is there is nothing in the original post that makes it sound like you meant to mention anyone else.  Where in that post were you planning on fitting raerae?
I intended on adding another paragraph about it after Jimmm's, but I must have forgot it and hit send.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 23, 2013, 11:59:07 pm »

I intended on adding another paragraph about it after Jimmm's, but I must have forgot it and hit send.

Can you go more in-depth on the card and you?  When did you buy it, where did you buy it, when did you use it...

My biggest problem with your statement is your first line.  It says "I used the Oracle on N2 on Jimmmmm."  I don't think I'd buy you starting a second paragraph with "I also used it on raerae."  It Oracle was like a 2-shot cop thing, where you used it N2 on Jimmmmm and N3 on raerae, then maybe.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 24, 2013, 12:14:43 am »

As much as I hate map claiming/information claiming, I guess I have to do it to save my own butt:

I bought it Night 2 in a Silver Room Next to a Gold Room and 2 Hallways. It cost $8 and I did not use it the night I bought it because I had no one I wanted to investigate. I used it the following night on Jimmmmm (to see if I was right about him) and Raerae (I was generally suspicious of her).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 24, 2013, 12:52:10 am »

Well I have to go everyone and won't be back until 8 am forum time tommorow, so please don't lynch me before then.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 24, 2013, 01:11:08 am »

As much as I hate map claiming/information claiming, I guess I have to do it to save my own butt:

I bought it Night 2 in a Silver Room Next to a Gold Room and 2 Hallways. It cost $8 and I did not use it the night I bought it because I had no one I wanted to investigate. I used it the following night on Jimmmmm (to see if I was right about him) and Raerae (I was generally suspicious of her).

Southwest corner of the map?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 24, 2013, 05:47:48 am »

As it is, I won't move my vote to anyone but Ozle.  Ozle has been, by far, the scummiest-seeming player I have ever seen in a game that I've played.  That counts every single on in my signature, which are all finished games I've played.  And yet, he gets treated like he's town!yuma.  So fine, town won't listen to me, I won't waste my breath anymore.  It's yuma or Ozle for me, the end.

He is trying a really good move. He is trying to get a mislynch on ozle today (here I am totally speculating that ozle is in fact scum, something I have had a pretty good read about for a while and ash's suspicion of him and this post make me think he is even townier) by trying to manipulate me into voting for ozle. This sort of ozle, yuma or me forces town's hand, and especially my hand to try to get us to go to ozle. If that succeeds and especially if I am on that wagon, ultimately results in town!ozle getting lynched, and everyone extremely suspicious of me going into night and what happens day5? yuma gets lynched in mylo.

No, this is ashersky trying to be good town, something I'm not usually.  As far as I'm concerned, there's a 99% chance that at least one of you and Ozle are scum, and a 75% chance you both are scum.

You know I don't care if I die as town.  That's well known.  Go ahead and get me lynched.  I'll self-hammer and laugh so hard at you and your ridiculous reads in the speccy.  You, of all people, read me better than anyone else.  At least, you have until now if you really think I'm scum.

And so, if you push my mislynch through, you'll be seen for the lying scum that you are.  Because it is well documented throughout f.ds that yuma knows ashersky.  So you forcing an ashersky mislynch is bad yuma play, which equals scum yuma play.

Posts like this, with threatening people off of voting you, promising grudgy self hammers and intentionally exaggarating probabilities are very annoying. You clearly DON'T want to be lynched here. Its just so scummy, despite your day 1 wagon position which was more than nullified by your blunder with yesterdays wagon anyways. Also, I wasn't kidding when I sais not offering yourself se the lynch makes you scummy.

Lynching archetype would have one benefit no one has mentioned: we'd know jimm and raerae are town if arche flipped town. But, scum could just nightkill one of them, it's probably too late for such a trade. I think it's conceivable archetype could have just made a mistake, so the thing I think we need to analyze is if that would have been a reasonable scum lie. it's an expensive item, would they buy it in favor of items that directly help scum? Could they know someone else bought it before dying? Would archetype just outright risk a counterclaim? I don't really think any of those cases are super likely, but the slip is pretty convincing.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 24, 2013, 08:55:11 am »

Hold on...

You bought it Night 2 didn't use it that night. Here there are two possibilities... You bought it night 2 and after day2 (which would actually be our third night of map activity) which directly contradicts what you say below in that you investigated two nights ago... So last night was night 3 and the night before was night 2. So if you used it the next night that would be last night.

Or you mean you bought it Night 1 (the second night of map activity) and used it night2? Is that what you mean? If it is I have another question.... How in the world did you have $8 to buy an oracle? I have an extremely hard time believing that, especially as you weren't on the kooshie wagon to get whatever money is obtained from being on a wagon. We all started out with $3? Add you had to go into a silver room to get it!

To further this... did you buy it or did sparky buy it. Because sparky was the one alive Night1... not you.

There are so many questions above that I don't even know where to start. You are lying.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 24, 2013, 09:47:13 am »

Posts like this, with threatening people off of voting you, promising grudgy self hammers and intentionally exaggarating probabilities are very annoying. You clearly DON'T want to be lynched here. Its just so scummy, despite your day 1 wagon position which was more than nullified by your blunder with yesterdays wagon anyways. Also, I wasn't kidding when I sais not offering yourself se the lynch makes you scummy.

Lynching archetype would have one benefit no one has mentioned: we'd know jimm and raerae are town if arche flipped town. But, scum could just nightkill one of them, it's probably too late for such a trade. I think it's conceivable archetype could have just made a mistake, so the thing I think we need to analyze is if that would have been a reasonable scum lie. it's an expensive item, would they buy it in favor of items that directly help scum? Could they know someone else bought it before dying? Would archetype just outright risk a counterclaim? I don't really think any of those cases are super likely, but the slip is pretty convincing.

Okay.  If you say so.

vote: ashersky

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 16 queries.