Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224180 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 4)
« Reply #1950 on: April 23, 2013, 06:53:59 pm »

Scum getting coin from being on a town lynch (and vice versa) would make sense, but daymn that'd be an amateur mistake from yuma.

I'm still baffled how we managed to lynch twice from the day 1 wagon after nailing kooshie day1. Scum must really be laughing at how hard we fail.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »

I'm still baffled how we managed to lynch twice from the day 1 wagon after nailing kooshie day1. Scum must really be laughing at how hard we fail.

I've been thinking the same thing, but now that we're getting less people I think I could keep up a bit better now.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:26 pm »

I got cash for being on scum lynch and off town lynch.  No coins for the mislynch.

Yuma got coins every night?  Makes sense as scum.  Off scum, on town, on town.  Caught.

And yes Eevee, we suck for being led around by scum!yuma AGAIN.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 23, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »

Also, Yuma with nothing to say now is a huge scum tell for him specifically.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 23, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »

He was last active right after ashersky voted for him. Ash's vote was at 6:43.

Last Active:    Today at 06:44:42 pm

That could mean he was just going out when the vote happened and was looking at some other thread OR it could mean he saw the vote and disappeared. Honestly it's probably the former, I can't see scum or town yuma not immediately addressing something.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:31 pm »

Sudgy, have you ever posted why you're suspicious of me?  All I can find is you being suspicious of me for lurking but that was when I'd clearly posted IRL issues and v/la so I figured you'd just missed that.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 3)
« Reply #1956 on: April 23, 2013, 07:07:09 pm »

Vote Count 4.2

yuma (3) -- ashersky, Jorbles, sudgy

Not Voting (7) -- Ozle, Archetype, raerae, Jimm, yuma, Insomniac, Eevee

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is May 12 at 7:00 PM. You will start eating into your banked time (16 days) on Friday.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 23, 2013, 07:09:41 pm »

Also two other things that I think are important for me to talk about.

1. I roleblocked raerae last night. She is now less suspicious in my mind.

2. Someone appears to have purchased an item called Possession. This makes the player they target a Miller for the rest of the game meaning that they would turn up as scum in a cop investigation. So we need to keep that in mind moving forward.

Why roleblock me?  Obviously because you were suspicious but had you voiced that suspicion anywhere in thread?  And, if you were so suspicious, why did you follow my vote onto both mail-mi and lekkit? 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 23, 2013, 07:10:21 pm »

I was just thinking. What if scum and town get coins differently? That would explain why if yuma was scum on a team he might think that people on lynches get money. It might be true for everyone on the scum team that people on lynches get coins. And they thought it was true for everyone. Maybe the scum team does get money from being on a lynch, but town players don't. This is speculative, I know, but it's one more thing that makes me suspicious of yuma.

vote: yuma

I highly doubt that is the case that scum and town get coins differently. I mean maybe?

But this is disproved by Insomniac who said that he received money and was off wagon... unless you also think he is scum?

I don't want this to turn into a massive claim of who received how much money, that would be counter productive.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 23, 2013, 07:13:26 pm »

Also two other things that I think are important for me to talk about.

1. I roleblocked raerae last night. She is now less suspicious in my mind.

2. Someone appears to have purchased an item called Possession. This makes the player they target a Miller for the rest of the game meaning that they would turn up as scum in a cop investigation. So we need to keep that in mind moving forward.

Why roleblock me?  Obviously because you were suspicious but had you voiced that suspicion anywhere in thread?  And, if you were so suspicious, why did you follow my vote onto both mail-mi and lekkit?

I was somewhat suspicious of you after my post about voting patterns/partners late yesterday.

But mostly it was that you were on all three lynches. I think it tends to be a scum trait to either be all on or all off. Add in the fact that you were a leader off the two off-wagon lynches (yes I followed you onto them, but that doesn't mean I can't be suspicious of you after the fact) and were a bit late on kooshie.

But mostly I was heavily considering using it on someone that I found more scummy... Jimmm, ashersky, mcmc (obviously that would have been wrong) but have been so bad this game I decided to not go with my gut and hope.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 23, 2013, 07:15:15 pm »

I was just thinking. What if scum and town get coins differently? That would explain why if yuma was scum on a team he might think that people on lynches get money. It might be true for everyone on the scum team that people on lynches get coins. And they thought it was true for everyone. Maybe the scum team does get money from being on a lynch, but town players don't. This is speculative, I know, but it's one more thing that makes me suspicious of yuma.

I highly doubt that is the case that scum and town get coins differently. I mean maybe?

But this is disproved by Insomniac who said that he received money and was off wagon... unless you also think he is scum?

I don't want this to turn into a massive claim of who received how much money, that would be counter productive.

I actually think a massive claim works now.  Town is in terrible shape.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 23, 2013, 07:15:41 pm »

I got cash for being on scum lynch and off town lynch.  No coins for the mislynch.

Yuma got coins every night?  Makes sense as scum.  Off scum, on town, on town.  Caught.

And yes Eevee, we suck for being led around by scum!yuma AGAIN.

This is just so bad. You are completely ignoring everything in the game and are only looking at an alleged scum slip. You do this every game too. You think you find these magical scum slips and they almost always aren't what they turn out to be and always the case with me.

I understand if you want to vote for me because of my voting history, scumminess, etc. But this reason is complete and utter bull and you know it.

vote: ashersky

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 23, 2013, 07:16:25 pm »

sure let's just give scum all the more information so that they can better direct their scum kill! DUMB!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 23, 2013, 07:18:27 pm »

and this just makes me mad. My wife comes home and I turn off the computer to say hi and great her? I refuse to be glued to my computer every second of every day. sorry if that makes me scummy. Either you are scum directing another mislynch or you are blinded by your own preconceived notions and are turning everything I do into reaffirmations.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 23, 2013, 07:22:38 pm »

Exactly why is town in terrible shape?  By my count, town still outnumbers scum 2:1... 

Also, I won't participate in a mass claim to damn or clear just one person especially when we'd just be speculating.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: April 23, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »

I'm against a massclaim, scum could easily say they got different amounts of coins than they did and confuse us.  And I don't see anything that that would do to help us.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 23, 2013, 07:29:40 pm »

I don't see how Insomniac disproves it, in fact Insomniac would only disprove it if he was scum and didn't get money for being on a lynch, something we couldn't prove until the game was over since we can't trust a scum player. I admit my theory is pretty speculative, but it's a possible explanation for why you might think that. My vote is mostly for your scummy voting record, and the fact that you're still alive when you're clearly leading town to our detriment. This might have been a scum slip and it might not have been, but you are scummy, one of the scummiest players now in my opinion. I am comfortable voting for you.

PPE: I also oppose a mass claim of our finances. I don't see what we'd learn from it, but I do see it helping scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 23, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »

and this just makes me mad. My wife comes home and I turn off the computer to say hi and great her? I refuse to be glued to my computer every second of every day. sorry if that makes me scummy. Either you are scum directing another mislynch or you are blinded by your own preconceived notions and are turning everything I do into reaffirmations.

You can get mad.  Doesn't bother me.  We make each other mad often enough.  You are here now, responding.  So what's the big problem?  I was pointing out that you NOT responding is scummy.  You ARE responding.  So null there.  I don't understand the anger, but feel free to stay wound up.

Exactly why is town in terrible shape?  By my count, town still outnumbers scum 2:1... 

Also, I won't participate in a mass claim to damn or clear just one person especially when we'd just be speculating.

7 vs 3.  1 mislynch away from mylo.  That's terrible shape, any way you cut it.

As for mass claims, I don't see it as a way to clear anyone.  Stuff I have to claim, only helps town at this point.  If scum haven't been to every room on the map by now, that's too bad for them.  We're at the point where we need to get the town members who have money in a position to buy the powers that can help us survive.  Claiming is the only way to do that now.

I understand if you want to vote for me because of my voting history, scumminess, etc. But this reason is complete and utter bull and you know it.

How many times are you going to blatantly point out how scummy you've been and watch us town NOT vote for you?  This is what Eevee's talking about--we're just ignoring stuff like this and killing off town for fun instead.

I'm voting for yuma for all of it, but ESPECIALLY the scum slip.  I know yuma likes to poo-poo it, but in another game, someone had a likely slip, town acted, and BOOM, dead scum.  Look at the other times town have acted on scum slips.  0% anyone?

As it is, I won't move my vote to anyone but Ozle.  Ozle has been, by far, the scummiest-seeming player I have ever seen in a game that I've played.  That counts every single on in my signature, which are all finished games I've played.  And yet, he gets treated like he's town!yuma.  So fine, town won't listen to me, I won't waste my breath anymore.  It's yuma or Ozle for me, the end.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 23, 2013, 07:42:23 pm »

i need to reread but I'm thinking mcmc or ozle.

Without rereading I recall ashersky and someone else orchestrating the town lynch yesterday in a relatively short order. Could both of you explain that action?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 23, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

mcmc is dead?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 23, 2013, 07:54:08 pm »

Without rereading I recall ashersky and someone else orchestrating the town lynch yesterday in a relatively short order. Could both of you explain that action?

Day needed to end.  Yuma set up the hammer for me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 23, 2013, 08:05:01 pm »

mcmc is dead?
Ha.. Hmmh. Why is there no analysis on why mcmc? (my cursory phone access has me being this caught up, embarrassing)

Yuma and ashersky, I suspect you both so much for that. Huge games like this are so frustrating because it's hard to keep things straight and hard to convince enough people but damnit :/

Ash is so incredibly brash though.. maybe he is sacrificing himself for the greater good again? only this time it's his scum teams good and he just takes the fall.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 23, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »

"The day needed to end" is my #1 most hated reason for contributing in a bad lynch.
I was pretty sure I wouldn't vote for people from the kooshie wagon but  vote: ashersky

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 23, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »

"The day needed to end" is my #1 most hated reason for contributing in a bad lynch.
I was pretty sure I wouldn't vote for people from the kooshie wagon but  vote: ashersky

You realize this is hilarious, right?  YOU were JUST complaining about how we lynched off-scum wagon twice in a row.  Guess where I was.  Off-scum wagon.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 23, 2013, 09:00:56 pm »

I don't see how Insomniac disproves it, in fact Insomniac would only disprove it if he was scum and didn't get money for being on a lynch, something we couldn't prove until the game was over since we can't trust a scum player. I admit my theory is pretty speculative, but it's a possible explanation for why you might think that. My vote is mostly for your scummy voting record, and the fact that you're still alive when you're clearly leading town to our detriment. This might have been a scum slip and it might not have been, but you are scummy, one of the scummiest players now in my opinion. I am comfortable voting for you.

You are right about the point about Insomniac.

However there is a line in your quote I would like to discuss with you...

Why does scum perform night kills?

Scum generally tries to use its night kills to either kill power roles or to eliminate players who are perceived as town to be IC or close to it, thereby keeping up the number of players who could potentially be lynched in future days.

I am far from being considered an IC in this game--in fact I am rarely considered that, it seems that scum usually sees me as a potential lynch in a later day because of my reputation for being tricksy... I dont' mind this stereotype because it means I generally get to live longer in games, which is cool!

So why would scum kill me? Why would they kill me when I am making their job easier by being far from pro-town in this game? They wouldn't. They would see me as a potential mislynch down the road.

So yes I agree that you can and probably should think I am scummy from my voting record and bad play, but to think me scummy because I am still alive is very counter intuitive.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 20 queries.