Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225761 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Night 3)
« Reply #1925 on: April 21, 2013, 02:14:20 am »

Coin totals are now updated. Please send me your orders in the next 24 hours if possible. I know it's the weekend, so I won't be super strict, but if everyone sends in all their orders before you do anything, you might get left out. Thanks!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Night 3)
« Reply #1926 on: April 22, 2013, 04:13:20 pm »

FWIW: The game will resume at noon tomorrow.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 4)
« Reply #1927 on: April 23, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »

A little theme music:

Happy birthday, mcmcsalot! It seems that scum celebrated by murder/kidnapping you. How unfortunate to lose another Town-aligned Coppersmith.

DAY 4 START -- THREAD UNLOCKED.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 23, 2013, 01:52:31 pm »

Day1 post count Day 2 Day 3post count

1. Jimm: 35 77  36
2. raerae: 26 30 18
3. yuma: 29 118 24
4. ashersky: 42 100 99
5. Insomniac: 10 17 11
6. Eevee: 21 56 36
7. Jorbles: 15 41 30
8. liopoil: 92 124
9. sparky5856 Archetype: 26 31 7
10. mcmcsalot: 32 69 33
11. sudgy: 33 44 28
12. xeiron: 13
13. Lekkit: 16 18 38

14. Ozle: 65 88 16
15. Kooshie: 38
16. mail-mi: 39 55

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 23, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »

Also two other things that I think are important for me to talk about.

1. I roleblocked raerae last night. She is now less suspicious in my mind.

2. Someone appears to have purchased an item called Possession. This makes the player they target a Miller for the rest of the game meaning that they would turn up as scum in a cop investigation. So we need to keep that in mind moving forward.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 23, 2013, 01:58:40 pm »

Omg I still feel like throwing a tantrum even though I got a couple of days to cool off.

HOW.ABYSMAL.WAS.THAT.LYNCH!?

There has got to be scum in the guys who directed the lynch to on-kooshiewagon. Whenever I get computer access (sadly wont be before friday) I'll look into who did what with a very critical eye.

Last 2-3 voters are just super scummy now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 23, 2013, 02:00:33 pm »

also... two other things that need to come up if possible.

1. anyone able to confirm sudgy's claim?
2. in the hope to save time I think the Oracle should claim immediately with results if they have them
3. Robz when does this day end? I think we should try to lynch before the weekend. Do you guys think that is possible... and a good idea?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 3)
« Reply #1932 on: April 23, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

Vote Count 4.1

Not Voting (10) -- Ozle, Archetype, raerae, Jimm, sudgy, Jorbles, yuma, ashersky, Insomniac, Eevee

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is May 12 at 7:00 PM. You will start eating into your banked time (16 days) on Friday.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 23, 2013, 02:06:38 pm »

Ok, we would probably be able to spare a couple of days to get us through the weekend. Tuesday could be a good goal.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 23, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »

I can confirm that the Possession exists as yuma stated it. I found it last night. I'm not sure what this means except that we can't trust investigation results in the way we thought we could.

I was not able to confirm sudgy's claim. I haven't seen a Gold Room yet.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:47 pm »

I can confirm that the Possession exists as yuma stated it. I found it last night. I'm not sure what this means except that we can't trust investigation results in the way we thought we could.

We should also note that it is a 1-shot. So it can only be used once. I still think an investigation should be taken as valid since the odds of Millering and being investigated is a little bit small. However, it is on the back end that we should be cautious. If someone is investigated and is scum but flips town, we shouldn't just automatically attack the investigator the next day.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 23, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »

It cost me $2 to enter a gold room last night.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 23, 2013, 02:12:57 pm »

is that pro-sudgy or anti-sudgy?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 23, 2013, 02:14:50 pm »

We should also note that it is a 1-shot. So it can only be used once. I still think an investigation should be taken as valid since the odds of Millering and being investigated is a little bit small. However, it is on the back end that we should be cautious. If someone is investigated and is scum but flips town, we shouldn't just automatically attack the investigator the next day.

Would they flip town or would it show that they were a Miller on flip?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 23, 2013, 02:17:01 pm »

I would expect them to flip their true alignment

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 23, 2013, 02:23:42 pm »

is that pro-sudgy or anti-sudgy?
Someone must have read the rules!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 23, 2013, 02:27:06 pm »

Cost to enter a Gold Room
$5
$2, if Gold Key purchased by your faction
$2 after Night 3

So sudgy is IC now? Or I guess possibly Eevee is on his team if he was lying, but that seems unlikely.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 23, 2013, 04:33:31 pm »

Also I feel like I need to talk about something else...

At this point I think this is safe to talk about. Because I think everyone has probably noticed it and it won't be giving anything away to scum.

I believe that people receive coins when they are on a lynching wagon. I dont' know how many, nor do I think that should be discussed, nor do I know if there are other ways of getting money, and that shouldn't be discussed either. But the two times I have been on a wagon I received money. The one time I was not, I didn't receive any.

I imagine scum also noticed this especially in light of their night kills the first two nights (xeiron and lio) both of whom were on all of the lynch wagons up to that point.

The obvious exception is mcmc--who I believe was NK for his alluding to his ability to achieve something pretty awesome tomorrow. (hopefully that was an attempt to absorb a night kill, if so Bravo!)

But the point I am trying to make from this, is that from this I think scum realized early on that being on a wagon helped you receive money. and that scum didnt' want town members with lots of money to be alive. (that is the only thing that can explain the xeiron NK, which from a scummy/townie pov doens't make any sense)

So the big takeaway is that scum had to realize that being on wagon results in money coming in. How did they realize this? By having someone on wagon who received money and someone off who didn't.

this isn't breaking news... I realize this. We have long thought that at least one scum was on the kooshie wagon and at least one was off. This just further reaffirms what he had already thought and makes 3 all on and 3 all off much more unlikely.

So what does that mean for us. I think it means that at this point looking on wagon may now be the best place to look for scum, especially when we understand that everyone that has died in this game (with the exception of mcmc) has been on-Kooshie wagon.

People alive on wagon: eevee, raerae, jorbles, ashersky, sudgy
People alive off wagon: insomniac, yuma, archetype, ozle, Jimmm

5:5 Add in that we now believe that sudgy is potentially an IC it takes the count to 4:5.

So either there is:

1 scum in 4 and 2 scum in 5

or

2 scum in 4 and 1 scum in 5.

Right now I think I am most suspicious of jorbles and ashersky out of that group.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 23, 2013, 05:11:01 pm »

@yuma I was not on the lynch wagon and I received some number of coins last night > 1
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 23, 2013, 05:16:01 pm »

I haven't noticed that happening, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. I've been on wagon twice, and received some money. When I was off wagon, I received approximately the same amount of money as I had the other times with minor fluctuations. It's possible that this is happening, and there's another explanation for why I got money when I was offwagon, or there's other reasons why yuma got more money when he was on wagon.

This isn't OMGUS though it might be perceived that way, but I'm growing more suspicious of yuma. This is a meta argument, but I'm getting suspicious of the fact that he's so active, leading town, and not being NKed. When you combine that with his scummy voting patterns (which have been consistently being willing to go with the consensus lynch except for the one time it was a scum player) I really suspect him.

Now that said I don't no if the claims he made today make sense for a scum player to make. So I'm going to go over them.

1) He roleblocked raerae. A scum player could have roleblocked raerae if he knew she was town. A scum player could have roleblocked raerae if he knew she was doing no actions and she was on his team. A scum player could have lied about roleblocking raerae and done nothing of the sort just to make her look less scummy regardless of her alignment. No town points here anyways.
2) He reported the Possession, which seems to help town, but he or a team mate might have been the person who purchased it. And then worried that someone in the town was going to find it and let everyone know there was a possible Miller out there could have decided to tell us about it to try and get town points. Kindof nullish on this, as town would definitely have reported this if they found it purchased.
3) Claiming that people get money for being on lynches. I haven't noticed this changing for me based on where I was on the lynch. Have others?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 23, 2013, 05:32:08 pm »

Ok... maybe that isn't the case then. It was something I noticed and thought that it might have significance. However, I do not think we should discuss in any more detail that we have when we received money, when we didn't now that we have discovered that my premise is at least partially false.

But like I said it didn't really say anything groundbreaking. But just further established what we were already hypothesizing. I would suggest that our hypothesis about where scum is located is likely still correct despite my correlation being invalidated.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 23, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

This isn't OMGUS though it might be perceived that way, but I'm growing more suspicious of yuma. This is a meta argument, but I'm getting suspicious of the fact that he's so active, leading town, and not being NKed. When you combine that with his scummy voting patterns (which have been consistently being willing to go with the consensus lynch except for the one time it was a scum player) I really suspect him.

I think the fact that I am not being NK is more easily explained by scum realizing that I am being a horrible leader...

And really I wouldn't mind if all if others were more local and lead town instead. But everytime I have tried to stay quiet and let others take over, no one has! So I keep trying and failing.

I agree that my voting record is horrendous. The only thing I can say to that is, like my defense yesterday this is very meta..., scum!yuma wouldn't put himself into this situation. you can argue that and that is fair, but look back at the games I have been scum or even better the game that you modded MIX where I was scum. In that game I stayed far, far away from mislynches. I think that game I wasn't on a single wagon--although I did buss my partners cuzz and ash pretty sufficiently, but not to the point of lynching them. But again that is meta and isn't a very good defense at all.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 23, 2013, 06:43:27 pm »

vote: yuma

I was on lynch yesterday and received no coins.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 23, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »

I was just thinking. What if scum and town get coins differently? That would explain why if yuma was scum on a team he might think that people on lynches get money. It might be true for everyone on the scum team that people on lynches get coins. And they thought it was true for everyone. Maybe the scum team does get money from being on a lynch, but town players don't. This is speculative, I know, but it's one more thing that makes me suspicious of yuma.

vote: yuma

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 23, 2013, 06:51:28 pm »

I'm suspicious of yuma and raerae now.  Reasons:

1. I've been slightly suspicious of them before now
2. Yuma could easily be pulling off some reverse psychology thing here, using his meta-arguments
3. People are countering Yuma's claim.
4. Yuma saying the Possession was bought could be him trying to make his scumbuddies look better if they got targeted by a cop.
5. Yuma could have been defending raerae by saying he roleblocked her.
6. Raerae has been very lurky this game.

PPE: And, now that a semi-wagon has been forming on yuma, Vote: yuma.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.