Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224109 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 3)
« Reply #1650 on: April 15, 2013, 06:14:22 pm »

ALL PLAYERS ARE ABSOLUTELY, MANIFESTLY FORBIDDEN TO DIRECTLY QUOTE THEIR PMs. ANY PLAYER WHO DOES SO WILL BE MODKILLED.

You may, of course, paraphrase your PMs. If you have questions about what counts as paraphrasing, PM me a sample of what you would like to post.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 15, 2013, 06:20:00 pm »

ALL PLAYERS ARE ABSOLUTELY, MANIFESTLY FORBIDDEN TO DIRECTLY QUOTE THEIR PMs. ANY PLAYER WHO DOES SO WILL BE MODKILLED.

You may, of course, paraphrase your PMs. If you have questions about what counts as paraphrasing, PM me a sample of what you would like to post.

Honest theory question to the town players in this game (so not you, Ozle):

Is getting modkilled a good town play at this juncture?  I can confirm what I've said, and it clears me as town.  You can see that I'm telling the truth, and it helps shine even more light on scummy players who have been interacting with me (such as Ozle).

As publically noted in other games, as town, I am ALWAYS willing to die to win (or save more powerful PRs).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 15, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »

Is getting modkilled a good town play at this juncture?  I can confirm what I've said, and it clears me as town.  You can see that I'm telling the truth, and it helps shine even more light on scummy players who have been interacting with me (such as Ozle).

As publically noted in other games, as town, I am ALWAYS willing to die to win (or save more powerful PRs).
I think it would be borderline cheating. Clearly against the spirit of the rules of the game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 15, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »

Regarding ash/myself/ozle I think I might have discovered a solution that would explain everything amicably between the three of us. But first I want ash to explain a little bit more in detail how he found out about the scum key, if he is willing, rather than me giving him an answer that he could use to explain it.

ash could you talk about this.

also don't quote/claim and get mod killed, just isn't the right way to win a game

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:53 pm »

A modkill is designed to inflict maximum damage on the faction whose member committed it. This means that if a Town-aligned player is modkilled, the day will end. If a scum-aligned player is modkilled, the day will NOT end.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:09 pm »

I think it would be borderline cheating. Clearly against the spirit of the rules of the game.

Agreed.

What happens in other games when people accuse you of making stuff up Ash?

Do you always blow up like this and threaten to quote PMs?

you may have a PM from Robz, or you may not. I can't possibly know that, and if you were scum is DEFINATELY something you could lie about.

HOW is that so hard to believe?

Scum lie in games, they do it all the time. You dont automatically get to be believed everything you say is true, thats why we call it scum HUNTING, trying to find out WHO is telling the truth or not.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 15, 2013, 06:40:06 pm »

Hmm, strange that everyone is claiming that they didn't meet robz, if were going to do that why don't we claim who did meet robz. Also the scum key was an item I could get from robz, this was why I thought it would be town players that met robz. I guess I could have been the only one that this occurred to but that just seems weird.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 15, 2013, 06:43:27 pm »

Hmm, strange that everyone is claiming that they didn't meet robz, if were going to do that why don't we claim who did meet robz. Also the scum key was an item I could get from robz, this was why I thought it would be town players that met robz. I guess I could have been the only one that this occurred to but that just seems weird.

Correction:
Only the active players are saying they didnt meet Robz. In fact, i think Ashersky is the only person who has come right out and said they didnt meet him.
There are others who didnt know the name of the scum key item, which implies they didn't. Unless Robz has different rotating items.

This game has a whooooole bunch of people just sitting around not saying a lot, jumping on a wagons time and then disappearing again, so its quite possible some of them did meet him.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 15, 2013, 06:57:36 pm »

Regarding ash/myself/ozle I think I might have discovered a solution that would explain everything amicably between the three of us. But first I want ash to explain a little bit more in detail how he found out about the scum key, if he is willing, rather than me giving him an answer that he could use to explain it.

also don't quote/claim and get mod killed, just isn't the right way to win a game

Yuma, I've said this over and over.  In bold, for everyone:

I saw a red room.  I knew it cost X coins to enter specific colored rooms, but did NOT know how much it cost to enter the red one.  So I asked Robz in a PM how much it cost to enter the red room.  He told me what the red room was and SPECIFICALLY that it required a scum key to enter.  I did not enter the room because I do not have a scum key.

Robz, if you get me killed by accidentally giving me more information in a PM to a general set-up question than you gave to others, that really, really sucks for town.  I mean, WAY unfair to town.

As for breaking the rules on purpose, knowing I'll get modkilled, I agree its not in the spirit of the game, but town has been disadvantaged a bit (unfairly, I think, given the usual built-in disadvantages we normally have) and I think scum is using that disadvantage against us.  So I am looking at what my options are for overcoming it.

If modkill is out, I can lead an ashersky lynch.  That is the other way to prove my innocence.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:28 pm »

Sure that sounds like a great idea. Just wonderful.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:50 pm »

Wait, which part?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 15, 2013, 06:59:08 pm »

Because my strong preference is to just lynch scum!Ozle.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 15, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »

Question to both Ozle and ashersky:

Do you see it's possible the other could be town? How?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 15, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »

Slow down there man.

Sure it makes you look a little bit scummy for you knowing about the key, but theres not a lynch charge coming at you over it is there, no ones even voting for you
It's minor scumminess points at best.

You start calling up modkillings and self lynches, thats just terrible for town if you are town.

Waaaay over reaction on your part here.

Someone points out that you could have been lying in a game of Mafia, shock horror, thats what Mafia in these games do, they make up stuff to make themselves look townie.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 15, 2013, 07:04:26 pm »

"If modkill is out, I can lead an ashersky lynch.  That is the other way to prove my innocence."

Also, YAAAAAWNNNNN
You promised this last game day as well didnt you.
What happened then?
You didn't follow through with it did you.

Boy who cried wolf much?

Im sorry, this is just ridiculous.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: April 15, 2013, 07:05:51 pm »

Yuma, I've said this over and over.  In bold, for everyone:

I saw a red room.  I knew it cost X coins to enter specific colored rooms, but did NOT know how much it cost to enter the red one.  So I asked Robz in a PM how much it cost to enter the red room.  He told me what the red room was and SPECIFICALLY that it required a scum key to enter.  I did not enter the room because I do not have a scum key.

Robz, if you get me killed by accidentally giving me more information in a PM to a general set-up question than you gave to others, that really, really sucks for town.  I mean, WAY unfair to town.

As for breaking the rules on purpose, knowing I'll get modkilled, I agree its not in the spirit of the game, but town has been disadvantaged a bit (unfairly, I think, given the usual built-in disadvantages we normally have) and I think scum is using that disadvantage against us.  So I am looking at what my options are for overcoming it.

If modkill is out, I can lead an ashersky lynch.  That is the other way to prove my innocence.

that is exactly what I wanted to hear and I believe you. I never asked how much it cost to enter a room, nor did Ozle. Ozle asked if he could, I didn't ask anything. So I think the difference in your repsonse was that you asked how much it cost. As such, Robz told you more because it doesn't have a "cost" it has a requirement. I wanted to make sure that is actually what happened before I jumped to that conclusion and gave you an answer to a question. Sorry if this was frustrating for you.

I believe ash in this regard.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 15, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »

I am against any breaking of the rules on purpose for any reason.  If you do this, I will quit this game.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 15, 2013, 07:09:22 pm »

Boy who cried wolf much?

Stop with the personal attacks man.  It's beneath you, I think.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 15, 2013, 07:10:46 pm »

I've temporarily locked the thread. NO RULES WERE BROKEN, and I am not yet convinced that anyone has done anything over the line in any way, but I want to address a few things that have come up recently, and it's easier if I can do that without like a million additional posts coming in, so just sit tight for a minute.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 15, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »

At this time, no players have committed any violations or acted in an uncivil manner. However, I encourage all players who are feeling like other players are being too harsh to do two things: 1) Get away from the thread for a bit so you don't say something you regret, 2) remember to assume your opponent's best intentions, which is something you agreed to do when you signed the pledge. Everyone is just trying to play this game to win, and it's a game that involves manipulation, deceit, and drawing inferences from scant evidence.

As for modkill, I will simply remind you all that it is a penalty--by definition, it cannot help the faction that incurs it. Wanting to be modkilled is inappropriate, not because it's technically cheating, but because all players are expected to play to win. Still, discussing or threatening to get modkilled is not grounds for anything.

On the subject of which players got what information, let me once again draw you to this:

I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't read anything into interactions like "What sort of response did Robz give X when X did Y?" But... there is a lot for me to keep track of this game, and I have been and certainly will be again inconsistent in how I deal with two players doing the same thing, regardless of alignment.

Thread unlocked.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 15, 2013, 07:43:23 pm »

Boy who cried wolf much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

Did you
A) self vote and say you would kill your self yesterday and then didnt
B) say you would vote and kill yourself today and then wont.

Thats the VERY DEFINITION of Boy who cried wolf.

Its not a personal attack, its IS A DEFINITION OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 15, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »

Boy who cried wolf much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

Did you
A) self vote and say you would kill your self yesterday and then didnt
B) say you would vote and kill yourself today and then wont.

Thats the VERY DEFINITION of Boy who cried wolf.

Its not a personal attack, its IS A DEFINITION OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

See, had you capitalized the B, W, C, and W, I may have gotten that inference.  Instead, I thought you were calling me a crybaby.

I am against any breaking of the rules on purpose for any reason.  If you do this, I will quit this game.

I won't break any rules on purpose.  I promise.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 15, 2013, 07:49:03 pm »

yay! let's scum hunt based off stuff we know... like voting interactions and other stuff. Remember that? That was fun!

so who else wants to vote for archetype? I do!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 15, 2013, 07:50:40 pm »

yay! let's scum hunt based off stuff we know... like voting interactions and other stuff. Remember that? That was fun!

At the moment I just want to go to bed, its 1am and I have to be up in 5 hours.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 15, 2013, 07:51:59 pm »

Can you summarize the Arch case?

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.